wiffleball

Well this blows

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Yeah, you nailed it.

Man best of luck.  I have some things going on but nothing like you.  I was telling my wife that a lot of us have been posting here since 2k and you can tell we are all getting older.  I really hope for the best for you. 

• Like 1

Oh hey, it's the hospital again! Big room. Not really sure what neutropenic precautions means.

But  it it keeps those damned nutria out of my room, I'm all for it.

God this blows...

Nurse: Big cantelope DDs.   :wub:

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Oh hey, it's the hospital again! Big room. Not really sure what neutropenic precautions means.

God this blows...

Let us know when you sign the DNR. 

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

God this blows...

Hurry up, training to fight you.  Heard you're a bad ass. 

21 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

God this blows...

Neutropenic precautions are used when a patient has a low number of neutrophils in their immune system, making them immunocompromised. Neutropenic precautionsmay be used for patients that have AIDS or who are on immunosuppressants.

NTTAWWT :thumbsup: 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Neutropenic precautions are used when a patient has a low number of neutrophils in their immune system, making them immunocompromised. Neutropenic precautionsmay be used for patients that have AIDS or who are on immunosuppressants.

NTTAWWT :thumbsup: 

Checks out. 

7 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Oh great, now I got the AIDS.

Just be watchful if it starts to puddle at your feet .......

9 hours ago, wiffleball said:

No.  Now it's confirmed. I hear they are going to make a movie out it and call it Wiffadelphia.

fight this MF.  What am going to do with all of this cilantro I got for you?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Wait till you get the vaccine,  you'll have double aids.

Not that you asked, butt started yacking up blood again. Still, nowhere near like it used to be.

In general, I feel like s***. and I'm pretty sure it's just plain stubbornness that keeps me throwing pallets around and whatnot.

It's not that I can't keep up. It's that, the kids half my age get out of work and go party. and I can literally barely walk by the time I step out of the uber.

Docs so far I have proven to be pretty worthless. They just keep taking more blood. "Yup!still sucks! See you in six weeks!"  I honestly think they just wait until things get bad enough and I end up in the emergency room. Because that's the only place where anything's ever happened in terms of diagnosis, prescriptions, or other treatments.

and if you thought the motto of American medicine was 'first of all do no harm?' B*******. The motto of modern American medicine is "if you do nothing, you do nothing wrong."

as long as their ass is covered, they don't care how much blood is shooting out of mine.

Also, why don't guys wear yoga pants? 

Sure, in my case, they'd be yogurt pants...

5 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Not that you asked, butt started yacking up blood again. Still, nowhere near like it used to be.

In general, I feel like s***. and I'm pretty sure it's just plain stubbornness that keeps me throwing pallets around and whatnot.

Man I am sorry to hear you are not doing better.  That all just sucks.  I feel guilty for crying about my Moderna flu.  Hope they figure it all out soon. 

So, there's some surgery that they've been putting off for months now that I apparently have to have. But they don't want to touch me because my red blood cell, iron levels are ridiculously low. Among other things.

So for 6 months I've been swallowing these damn horse pills filled with iron. About 10 times more than you ever actually need I think. Got my blood drawn on Friday and by the end of the day the results were up. Which is never a good sign.

And sure enough, all the numbers that were low got lower and all the numbers that were too high got higher.

I think one of the things that may come next is the old needle to the hip bone. Marrow biopsy.  And infusions and transfusions and confusions.

Ah screw it, if you got to go, bleeding out is really one of the better ways to do it. 

#ElvisStyle

6 hours ago, wiffleball said:

So, there's some surgery that they've been putting off for months now that I apparently have to have. But they don't want to touch me because my red blood cell, iron levels are ridiculously low. Among other things.

So for 6 months I've been swallowing these damn horse pills filled with iron. About 10 times more than you ever actually need I think. Got my blood drawn on Friday and by the end of the day the results were up. Which is never a good sign.

And sure enough, all the numbers that were low got lower and all the numbers that were too high got higher.

I think one of the things that may come next is the old needle to the hip bone. Marrow biopsy.  And infusions and transfusions and confusions.

Ah screw it, if you got to go, bleeding out is really one of the better ways to do it. 

#ElvisStyle

👌 

15 hours ago, wiffleball said:

#ElvisStyle

Sorry to hear brother.  Stay strong, we are rooting for you.  :cheers: 

If health updates were art, skids would be a pointillist and wiff would be an impressionist.  :o

4 hours ago, Mookz said:

If health updates were art, skids would be a pointillist and wiff would be an impressionist.  :o

You mean, like Frank Caliendo? 

The Wiffleball pitch, you just never know what you are going to get.  

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Well, dammit.

dammit what?:(

Well kids, headed back to horsepital tomorrow am. 

Doc took one look at me and wanted to arrange transport from her office right then. But I haven't had a beer all day...

(Fixing that right now)

Compromised. Going back to Dr office tomorrow morning and they'll arrange transport and triage.

The only thing that is a bit surprising is speed of the onset.

Dammit.

Thank you. 

I mean, I'm sorry, I maybe it's just me being stupid, but when somebody says you're end stage and then proceeded to tell you all the things you should do and not do,  you just want to remind them that they already told you that you were end stage.

So, I'm having a beer. Or 3. And I'm not going to regret it.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Thank you. 

I mean, I'm sorry, I maybe it's just me being stupid, but when somebody says you're end stage and then proceeded to tell you all the things you should do and not do,  you just want to remind them that they already told you that you were end stage.

So, I'm having a beer. Or 3. And I'm not going to regret it.

Good luck my brother 

Just found out that a dear sweet gentleman I know, a friend, hit his head on the ice Sunday. & probably while they're doing whatever to me tomorrow at the same hospital, they'll pull the plug as soon as his family shows up. 

This guy was literally an icon in the city. Beloved by literally everyone.

& I can't help but think that whoever is running this f****** joint, could do a hell of a lot better job. Should have been me.

God damn it. You feckless Thug.

I wish you the best, wiff. Between your liver and your attitude it's been scary but somehow you've come through every time so far and I hope that continues for a long time.

• Like 1

I am sorry you have to go through this, it must be extremely difficult and is something that every single one of us will face at one point in our lives.

I appreciated your posts all these years and was honestly disappointed when you disappeared for long stretches previously. I hope whatever procedure you have tomorrow is successful.

Really starting to believe that Billy Joel was right. & hes a f****** dbag . Maybe  Only the Good Die Young. Hell of a business plan you got set up their God. May explain  why your greatest creation is a continual shiitshow.

Course, you killed off your own son. So you ain't that f****** spiffy.

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Really starting to believe that Billy Joel was right. & hes a f****** . Maybe  Only the Good Die Young. Hell of a business plan you got set up their God. May explain  why your greatest creation is a continual shiitshow.

Course, you killed off your own son. So you ain't that f****** spiffy.

I take it a deathbed conversion is out of the question.

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I take it a deathbed conversion is out of the question.

If I ain't gay by now..

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Good luck my brother 

If I didnt mention it already. Not only did Bert give me a ride to the airport, but he paid for the plane ticket and spending cash to get me home to my dying father and mother.

Top that. 

Focking Stellar. 

11 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

If I ain't gay by now..

That brings up the first part of your quote.... "Billy Joel is a f*****". If there are two g's and a t in there, I would remind you that he was married to Christie Brinkley for eight years.

29 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

That brings up the first part of your quote.... "Billy Joel is a f*****". If there are two g's and a t in there, I would remind you that he was married to Christie Brinkley for eight years.

Was sposed to be effing doosh. 

10 hours ago, wiffleball said:

If I didnt mention it already. Not only did Bert give me a ride to the airport, but he paid for the plane ticket and spending cash to get me home to my dying father and mother.

Top that. 

Focking Stellar. 

That is indeed quite stellar of @Bert. I've met him twice, great guy.  And his girlfriend as well, I think you'd like her if you haven't met her, she's sassy like you.  :D

Hope all goes well for you today wiff, don't quit on life just yet.  :thumbsup: