Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Washington releases RB Derrius Guice

Is Adrian Peterson the back to own?

26 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Probably, but they have Peyton Barber too.

I don't know if there really is a back to own on this team

31 minutes ago, jrokh said:

As much as the the Football Team's old coach liked throwing to Chris Thompson, and as much as their new coach loved throwing to Christian McCaffrey, J.D. McKissic might be the back to own, at least in PPR.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

As much as the the Football Team's old coach liked throwing to Chris Thompson, and as much as their new coach loved throwing to Christian McCaffrey, J.D. McKissic might be the back to own, at least in PPR.

Yeah, on further perusal: McKissic, ADP, Antonio Gibson, Peyton Barber, and maybe even Bryce Love. Yuck, maybe late flyer on Gibson, but tough situation for fantasy. Good thing its all luck anyway 🙄

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

He'll be too expensive now. considering his age.

Bryce  Love is the play here. One of the most talented RB's to come out of college in the last few years IMHO, and you will be able to get him for nothing.....although the Redskin offense doesn't generate much excitement from a FF standpoint.

He has finally been cleared after a torn ACL during his senior year at Stanford.....in which we rushed for 2,100 yards and 19 TD's. 

2 hours ago, stonewall said:

He has finally been cleared after a torn ACL during his senior year at Stanford.....in which we rushed for 2,100 yards and 19 TD's. 

Yeah, but that was against PAC-12 teams...

10 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, but that was against PAC-12 teams...

Noteworthy....but I'm sure you got a chance to watch him too. Pretty impressive.

His injury was a bad one, as evidenced by the time it has taken him to recover (if he truly has). This is the rub on him. 

However, if healthy, he is the kind of overlooked guy that can be had on the cheap....and he could pop. Of course, his ACL could too.

3 hours ago, stonewall said:

Noteworthy....but I'm sure you got a chance to watch him too. Pretty impressive.

His injury was a bad one, as evidenced by the time it has taken him to recover (if he truly has). This is the rub on him. 

However, if healthy, he is the kind of overlooked guy that can be had on the cheap....and he could pop. Of course, his ACL could too.

He certainly has more opportunity today than he had yesterday, but Love still has a lot to prove.  His story wasn't exactly one of going out at the height of his college career with the knee injury, though, as it wasn't his SENIOR season in which he put up those flashy numbers.  He did indeed have a stellar JUNIOR season after emerging from Christian McCaffrey's shadow, and expectations were high for his senior year, but it kind of fizzled.  After that 2,118 yard, 19 TD season in which he averaged 8.1 yards per carry on 263 attempts over 13 games, his 10 game senior season saw only 166 attempts for 739 yards--which is only 4.5 yards per carry--and he scored only 6 TDs before the injury.

So the question is not only his ability to come back from a serious knee injury (and avoid similar injuries in the future), it's also whether or not he was just a one-year wonder in college.

6 hours ago, jrokh said:

Yeah, on further perusal: McKissic, ADP, Antonio Gibson, Peyton Barber, and maybe even Bryce Love. Yuck, maybe late flyer on Gibson, but tough situation for fantasy. Good thing its all luck anyway 🙄

100%

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He certainly has more opportunity today than he had yesterday, but Love still has a lot to prove.  His story wasn't exactly one of going out at the height of his college career with the knee injury, though, as it wasn't his SENIOR season in which he put up those flashy numbers.  He did indeed have a stellar JUNIOR season after emerging from Christian McCaffrey's shadow, and expectations were high for his senior year, but it kind of fizzled.  After that 2,118 yard, 19 TD season in which he averaged 8.1 yards per carry on 263 attempts over 13 games, his 10 game senior season saw only 166 attempts for 739 yards--which is only 4.5 yards per carry--and he scored only 6 TDs before the injury.

So the question is not only his ability to come back from a serious knee injury (and avoid similar injuries in the future), it's also whether or not he was just a one-year wonder in college.

I think the whole bunch of them have a lot to prove, Peterson might the edge based on experience, but it’s not going to be safe to pick up a Redskins rb. 

Yes they our the Redskins. 

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Mckissic was the rb to own on the Redskins in ppr  before Guice was released.  

Barber might be the one to own in non ppr. experience and he’ll be the goal line guy.  

Still difficult to get excited about anybody in the group. Just updated the RB rankings...

Adrian Peterson - RB41
Antonio Gibson - RB51
Bryce Love - RB74

When the thread has people insisting 5 different guys are “the guy to own” you know it’s best to stay away. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

When the thread has people insisting 5 different guys are “the guy to own” you know it’s best to stay away. 😂

Herd dat.

It's more like a thought experiment that has no practical application.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Herd dat.

It's more like a thought experiment that has no practical application.

Covid the Mandemic 

In November 2016, Guice's brother, Derrick, was arrested and charged with attempted second degree murder following an incident where he was the driver of two gunmen who shot at a man on his porch in Baton Rouge.

How was that not enough for teams to stay far away ?

7 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

How was that not enough for teams to stay far away ?

As far as I know, no teams expressed any interest in drafting Derrick Guice.

On 8/8/2020 at 4:41 AM, weepaws said:

Barber might be the one to own in non ppr. experience and he’ll be the goal line guy.  

The goal line guy over Peterson?

I don't see that but you never know with the Football Team

On 8/8/2020 at 12:56 AM, weepaws said:

I think the whole bunch of them have a lot to prove, Peterson might the edge based on experience, but it’s not going to be safe to pick up a Redskins rb. 

Yes they our the Redskins. 

you might be right.

I'd look for ADP to be the guy for the first few games of the year at least.

as the season wears on, I'd expect the kids to cut into ADP's carries.  Especially if the team starts losing games.  At that point they will want to test them to see if they have the ability to start next year.

9 hours ago, Ray_T said:

you might be right.

I'd look for ADP to be the guy for the first few games of the year at least.

as the season wears on, I'd expect the kids to cut into ADP's carries.  Especially if the team starts losing games.  At that point they will want to test them to see if they have the ability to start next year.

Yeah that’s my point, about Peterson and Barber, I think those two have the early edge based on experience.  

so the guice really is finally loose?

Wed, Aug 19 at 4:24pm

Love took first-team snaps during practice Wednesday, JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington reports.

Analysis: Adrian Peterson got a veteran's day off from practice, leaving Love, J.D. McKissic, Peyton Barber and Antonio Gibson on hand for backfield reps. Love appeared worse than 50/50 to make the regular-season roster as recently as a few weeks ago, but with Derrius Guice no longer on the team, a strong start to training camp has the 2019 fourth-round pick right in the mix for a Week 1 role. Love spent his entire rookie season on injured reserve, after suffering a torn ACL toward the end of his senior year at Stanford.

by Rotowire.com

3 hours ago, posty said:

https://wtop.com/local/2020/08/derrius-guice-facing-rape-allegations-amid-loudoun-co-strangulation-case/

Boy this guy really screwed up his NFL career...

At least the Redskins didn't drag their feet and cut the loser immediately...

It appears he's screwed up a lot more than an NFL career.

He's looking to go down the road of Lawrence Phillips, Maurice Clarrett, and Joseph Randle

4 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

so the guice really is finally loose?

Are you pronouncing "loose" like "lice" to make it rhyme?

I think a lot of people are selling Gibson short here. Redskins invested a 3rd round pick in him which for today’s NFL is pretty high. He played mostly WR in college switching between WR and RB. He’s big, he’s fast. I think there’s a lot to be excited about here, especially PPR. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I think a lot of people are selling Gibson short here. Redskins invested a 3rd round pick in him which for today’s NFL is pretty high. He played mostly WR in college switching between WR and RB. He’s big, he’s fast. I think there’s a lot to be excited about here, especially PPR. 

You might be right, but I can also see the person that picks him up being a very frustrated owner, when would you start him, the Skins do have Peterson whose going to be their go to first and second down back, but at 35 probably limited on his work load, they do have a good third down rb in Mckissic, and Barber is still floating around , he’s worthy of a stash in deep bench leagues, not so sure I would get excited thou.  

And no one can be excited about their limited passing game. 

I’ll probably wait until next season. 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

You might be right, but I can also see the person that picks him up being a very frustrated owner, when would you start him, the Skins do have Peterson whose going to be their go to first and second down back, but at 35 probably limited on his work load, they do have a good third down rb in Mckissic, and Barber is still floating around , he’s worthy of a stash in deep bench leagues, not so sure I would get excited thou.  

And no one can be excited about their limited passing game. 

I’ll probably wait until next season. 

Thanks. 

Well I’m predicting he’s already ahead of Mckissic and at the very least starts the season as the 3rd down RB. Remember, he played WR in college. Rivera has already called him a “weapon” and he wants to utilize him like CMC...

6 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Rivera has already called him a “weapon” and he wants to utilize him like CMC...

Still waiting for a any first-year coach ever to call their third-round pick a bust during their first training camp together.

THAT would be the "Man Bites Dog" headline; praise is more of the "Dog Bites Man" variety, and should be taken with a grain of salt.

6 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Well I’m predicting he’s already ahead of Mckissic and at the very least starts the season as the 3rd down RB. Remember, he played WR in college. Rivera has already called him a “weapon” and he wants to utilize him like CMC...

I would hope so, not good for a coach to down play a third round pick.  

Im sure soon the coach will say he’s going to run him i I’ll he pukes also, all is good when it comes to coach talks during the preseason. 

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Still waiting for a any first-year coach ever to call their third-round pick a bust during their first training camp together.

THAT would be the "Man Bites Dog" headline; praise is more of the "Dog Bites Man" variety, and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Hey, Bill Parcells referred to Terry Glenn as “She” during his rookie training camp...

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Right, but to your point that automatically puts him a leg up above the other names. Whether he does anything or not with the opportunity remains to be seen but I’d rather a flyer on him than any of these other guys. We’re talking about a late round flyer here. Very low risk.

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Right, but to your point that automatically puts him a leg up above the other names. Whether he does anything or not with the opportunity remains to be seen but I’d rather a flyer on him than any of these other guys. We’re talking about a late round flyer here. Very low risk.

Right now my number one late round flyer in mocks as been C Hyde.  

I think he’ll get plenty of playing time with Carson as the lead rb.  

I would rather take him over a dark horse like Gibson. 

And I disagree with your assessment about Gibson taking over the third down rb spot from Mckissic, part of owning that position his pass blocking, something that most Rbs have a hard time with when they first come to the nfl. And a player with so little experience as rb like Gibson will need to learn that first.  

Also since I received no reply in the Sanders thread from you, in your own rankings of Rbs , where does Sanders rank in your top 60 give or take list of Rbs.  Non ppr and Ppr? 

Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Right now my number one late round flyer in mocks as been C Hyde.  

I think he’ll get plenty of playing time with Carson as the lead rb.  

I would rather take him over a dark horse like Gibson. 

And I disagree with your assessment about Gibson taking over the third down rb spot from Mckissic, part of owning that position his pass blocking, something that most Rbs have a hard time with when they first come to the nfl. And a player with so little experience as rb like Gibson will need to learn that first.  

Also since I received no reply in the Sanders thread from you, in your own rankings of Rbs , where does Sanders rank in your top 60 give or take list of Rbs.  Non ppr and Ppr? 

Thanks. 

Sorry I forgot to quote you but I responded in the appropriate thread. 

As for Carlos Hyde I just don’t see any stand alone value as long as Carson is healthy. I think Pete Carroll proved last year that Carson literally can’t fumble the job away. He’s a work horse and I don’t see him splitting time if he’s healthy.

Carson isn’t healthy all the time, Penny wasn’t last season either, but Hyde now gives them a option for when Carson fumbles. 

I think Hyde as really great value as a late flyer, he could be the starting rb for the Seahawks if Carson either goes down or one more big fumble.  

Thanks once again for the return.  I think if Penny was healthier last seasons and Carroll trusted him more , Carson would have lost playing time , I’m taking a late flyer on a player that now can do that, and will when the opportunity arise, in which we know Carson will fumble soon, or get banged up.  

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

Carson isn’t healthy all the time, Penny wasn’t last season either, but Hyde now gives them a option for when Carson fumbles. 

I think Hyde as really great value as a late flyer, he could be the starting rb for the Seahawks if Carson either goes down or one more big fumble.  

Thanks once again for the return.  I think if Penny was healthier last seasons and Carroll trusted him more , Carson would have lost playing time , I’m taking a late flyer on a player that now can do that, and will when the opportunity arise, in which we know Carson will fumble soon, or get banged up.  

See I think Hyde is a solid veteran but I wouldn’t automatically hand him the backup job over Penny. Penny was decent before he got hurt. I think a scenario with Carson hurt or fumbling, would turn it into a 3-headed RBBC. I agree Penny isn’t much, but I don’t think Hyde is that much better that we can automatically assume he’s above Penny on the depth chart. Remember, he’s been on 6 teams in the last 4 years for a reason.