Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Randal Cobb

Houston is full of injury prone WRs who are best in the slot or complimentary roles. Cobb is one of them. Not exactly sure how that is going to work for them, but it could be worse.

Cobb was pretty good in Dallas last season as the 3rd WR. He still has some of the explosiveness he had in GB. I could see him emerging as the best WR on the team but I think Cooks is probably the most likely. I could see Cobb being an okay flex play.

I like it, I’m also targeting Cobb late in my 14 team non ppr.  

I think he could emerge as a very good connection for Watson.  

He had a decent season last year with the Cowboys, and it’s not like the Texans own a high quality te, Fells gets a lot of attention around. The end zone, but he’s not a high volume te, and Fuller, Stills and Cooks , all seem like the same type of wr, Cobb can definitely have a role. 

I think Cobb is a nice dart throw late at his ADP for sure 

I think the entire Houston team outside of Watson might be best suited for best ball.

Watson seems like a guy to keep a play alive more and launch a deep one or scramble more than check down 

duke J and David J could both be good options underneath or split out wide or in the slot possibly sometimes 

I think everyone is a good value and worth a shot  

I can’t say who I think turns into a weekly contributor with any confidence 

4 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

I think Cobb is a nice dart throw late at his ADP for sure 

I think the entire Houston team outside of Watson might be best suited for best ball.

Watson seems like a guy to keep a play alive more and launch a deep one or scramble more than check down 

duke J and David J could both be good options underneath or split out wide or in the slot possibly sometimes 

I think everyone is a good value and worth a shot  

I can’t say who I think turns into a weekly contributor with any confidence 

Cooks and DJ. 

On 8/7/2020 at 11:11 PM, Matt Mueller said:

Fuller is who I like for the games he plays 

fuller and Watson 

I’m mostly staying away from everyone else 

Fuller is certainly the most exciting. He can have as big a game as anybody. If he can stay on the field, I think he can find some consistency with Hopkins gone.

If that happens, I think he's the best of the bunch.

5 hours ago, RareN64Dream said:

Fuller got 52 points for me, pretty sure. In one game. But he was on the bench haha 🙄

Yeah, that 14 catch, 200 yard, 3 TD game?  I think a lot of people did.  Fuller got less than 10 points in each of his previous 4 games

Non ppr, Fuller scores 39 points in that one game, in his other games he played in last season, he scored a total of 54 points, for a 4.9:per game avg.  

He can light it up when healthy, but then again, Watson has other options, including two other wr Cooks and Stills who’s games matches the type of game Fuller offers. 

I think Cobb can find a home underneath and catch a lot of passes , now that might not equal to a lot of yards nor tds. 

To me, this is a team where I avoid everyone except the QB.  I don't trust the WR's, TE's or RB's.  I'd only consider the WR's after round 12 or so... TE's in FA, and RB's after round 8.

• Like 1

Not me , I like DJ a lot this season, I think he’s worth of a rb1 pick. 

I also think B Cooks is going to be worthy of a late wr2.  

Fuller as a wr3. 

And even the Duke J as a late rb pick up. 

14 teams non ppr those late picks can really be a bonus.  

• Like 1

Not for me. 

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

To me, this is a team where I avoid everyone except the QB.  I don't trust the WR's, TE's or RB's.  I'd only consider the WR's after round 12 or so... TE's in FA, and RB's after round 8.

I agree. Without Hopkins they have gone with the WR by committee approach. I'm sure they will all have some good games but they'll have some complete duds too. Overall I think they all fall a little short of being a reliable asset. Of course there's a chance one breaks out and has a solid season but good chance guessing who that will be.

They're all pretty much spot starters

20 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I agree. Without Hopkins they have gone with the WR by committee approach. I'm sure they will all have some good games but they'll have some complete duds too. Overall I think they all fall a little short of being a reliable asset. Of course there's a chance one breaks out and has a solid season but good chance guessing who that will be.

They're all pretty much spot starters

Spot starters, I think that's a perfect classification.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Spot starters, I think that's a perfect classification.

Yeah, just guys to have on the bench that you can fill in any given week if you're in a bind, hope that it's their one or two big games of the season

On 8/8/2020 at 9:17 AM, snatchit said:

I think possibly due to injury, he could be a last man standing at some points

or the first man sitting.

Cobb has always been solid when healthy.  but the problem with him is he gets dinged up rather easily. 

it seems like he is never healthy except early in the season.

one of these days he may stay healthy all year, but I still wouldnt pick him with an early round draft pick.

hes a reserve/backup WR in nearly all formats.

I'd draft on the assumption he gets 700 yards receiving and a couple of good games early against weaker defenses who dont play a lot of press coverage.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:27 AM, weepaws said:

I also think B Cooks is going to be worthy of a late wr2.  

Fuller as a wr3. 

And even the Duke J as a late rb pick up. 

14 teams non ppr those late picks can really be a bonus.  

You’re crazy

On 8/10/2020 at 9:27 AM, weepaws said:

I also think hes going to put up some good numbers.

You dont pay a price like that for a player and then sit him on the bench.   They will run him as much as they can get away with and he will be a top 12 RB based on volume alone. (unless of course he gets injured)

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

You’re crazy

Ok. 

19 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Ok. 

DJ hasn’t been early-round worthy in years. Cooks is a walking concussion.

Now taking a chance late on somebody, sure. But earlier it’s Watson and that’s it.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

DJ hasn’t been early-round worthy in years. Cooks is a walking concussion.

Now taking a chance late on somebody, sure. But earlier it’s Watson and that’s it.

No problem, thank you for your own personal opinion, I appreciate it.  

These types  of opinions help me to set up my own draft , gives me a ideal on how others feel about certain players, and that’s why I’m thinking you for yours.