Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Trump Executive order/request/whatever

I think this went exactly as I thought it would. Heck, even Trump doesn’t think POTUS should use XO’s if he can’t negotiate with Congress. 

Time to go back to work. Sooner that happens sooner hospitals stop fudging numbers along with the media. 1/2 a million cases in my city. Less than 1500 deaths, most of which are lard asses with weak immune systems. Elderly beyond 76 also don't count. They already exceeded the average life. Someone 85, 93 they already beat the phucking game.

14 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

But it's not spending. It's a tax cut. This will hopefully get people back to work while stimulating the economy. Both of these things are being done without making the money machine go brrrrrrrr.

Also, I agree with you that we should open the economy. Unfortunately people are still living in fear.

I view social security a bit different.  You are paying into the government with the knowledge you will be getting money back to support you in retirement.   There is a lot of things wrong with social security and i wish it were a lot different like being voluntary.  But it is what it is.  So at this point if you are getting your money back and still getting that future benefit, it is more like welfare than a tax cut.   That is why i don't like it eventhough i woud probably benefit from it more than almost anyone since the upper limit is targeted right at my income.  

9 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I think this went exactly as I thought it would. Heck, even Trump doesn’t think POTUS should use XO’s if he can’t negotiate with Congress. 

He did the right thing, morons on the Left still playing games with many struggling/out of work due to the China virus. Get it done. Well done by Trump, now you Lefties are upset your games didn’t work. Sorry. 

9 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

:lol:  PFB defending Obama's attempt to legalize the trespassers in this country.  Congress said flat out "no" to this and he did it anyway.  Let's not pretend DACA was a budget issue.  

Americans upset about the president using executive orders to actually help struggling Americans. 

Funny and sad at the same time. 

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Americans upset about the president using executive orders to actually help struggling Americans. 

Funny and sad at the same time. 

And he compromised between the Dems and Repubs plans.  He's the only adult in the room but people like pat's can't figure that out.  Sad.  

I haven’t really been following this closely but it sure looks like no one knows exactly what to do. They’ve all got their pet causes but what’ll actually help stave off a depression or collapse?

2 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

And he compromised between the Dems and Repubs plans.  He's the only adult in the room but people like pat's can't figure that out.  Sad.  

It's pretty focked up,  these democrats and their supporters have shown over and over again that they'd rather see Americans suffer than thrive all in the name of TDS.  

Theyll brush aside anything their team has done, crimes they've committed,  shout it down ignore it, pretend it didn't happen, make stuff up, support known false narratives... for what ????? 

Its real. 

And it's sad. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I haven’t really been following this closely but it sure looks like no one knows exactly what to do. They’ve all got their pet causes but what’ll actually help stave off a depression or collapse?

No, nice try. Only one side has their pet causes. The other side has the American people as their cause. The Democrats want to give money to illegals and marijuana distributors. Trump wants to help Americans. Sometimes the line is clear. This is one of those times. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No, nice try. Only one side has their pet causes. The other side has the American people as their cause. The Democrats want to give money to illegals and marijuana distributors. Trump wants to help Americans. Sometimes the line is clear. This is one of those times. 

That’s silly. Of course they have their pet causes — mainly supply side voodoo economics and further transferring all wealth to the rich

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

That’s silly. Of course they have their pet causes — mainly supply side voodoo economics and further transferring all wealth to the rich

Stopping evictions is helping the rich? Unemployment is helping the rich? Ok. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

See what I'm mean. Great chess move by Trump,  they're forced to show their true colors or support helping Americans.  

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

See what I'm mean. Great chess move by Trump,  they're forced to show their true colors or support helping Americans.  

Exactly. Pressure is good. Pressure gets things done. 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What about stopping evictions? Doesn’t do that as far as I understand.

Unemployment benefits are picked up in part by the states. They are awash in red right now.

Its better than nothing, don’t get me wrong. Just not by much. But his hands are tied because CONGRESS has to act.

Obama uses an executive order for illegals with DACA, hero. Trump uses executive order for Americans. Evildoer throwing out the constitution.  It’s clear, and it’s not up for debate. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

What about stopping evictions? Doesn’t do that as far as I understand.

Unemployment benefits are picked up in part by the states. They are awash in red right now.

Its better than nothing, don’t get me wrong. Just not by much. But his hands are tied because CONGRESS has to act.

The Federal Government is awash in Red right now!

And just in the  politics of this, the black vote is necessary for Biden to win. The black unemployment rate is at 13 pct. Trump is giving unemployed people more money. Well played Nancy and Chuck. 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Obama uses an executive order for illegals with DACA, hero. Trump uses executive order for Americans. Evildoer throwing out the constitution.  It’s clear, and it’s not up for debate. 

Yep

TDS is real 

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

The Federal Government is awash in Red right now!

Yeah well one can do deficit spending and the other generally can’t. And don’t wine to me about deficits when it’s tax cuts for the rich that got us here

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah well one can do deficit spending and the other generally can’t. And don’t wine to me about deficits when it’s tax cuts for the rich that got us here

Just tax cuts? Come on now. 

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Which tax cuts gots us here? The spending is the problem not the revenue. The first three years under Trump the Feds recorded record revenues.

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Non essential programs got us here. They never go away and keep piling up year after year. Nobody is fixing the deficit until the budget is reviewed line by line with the intent to shred 90% of it we don't need. 

• Thanks 1

Say what you want about the gigantic orange, but he knocked this one out of the park. Doesn't help me in anyway, but it was the right thing to do. Fock the democrats

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Just tax cuts? Come on now. 

You’re right — wars too

26 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Which tax cuts gots us here? The spending is the problem not the revenue. The first three years under Trump the Feds recorded record revenues.

Lol you’re either flat lying or seriously uninformed 

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You’re right — wars too

Well, Biden votes for them. Trump has yet to get us in one. 

On 8/8/2020 at 10:29 PM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Very quiet on Trump’s actions today. I figured our staunch Constitution defenders would be all over this one. Guess not. :dunno:

Don't really understand your point.  Congress passed a law giving this power to the executive branch.  What's the problem?

I am worried about executive order creep. This order is fine, but the orders keep getting closer and closer to the legislative branch's responsibility. This is part congresses fault since the number of bills they have passed has gone steadily down over the past 2 decades. However it will eventually lead to a president that has too much power. Whether that president is on the left or on the right that will be a bad thing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am worried about executive order creep. This order is fine, but the orders keep getting closer and closer to the legislative branch's responsibility. This is part congresses fault since the number of bills they have passed has gone steadily down over the past 2 decades. However it will eventually lead to a president that has too much power. Whether that president is on the left or on the right that will be a bad thing.

Good point, but what are you going to do in a moment of crisis and the Democrats are treating it like it’s business as usual? 

39 minutes ago, Strike said:

Don't really understand your point.  Congress passed a law giving this power to the executive branch.  What's the problem?

Congress gave the President the power to tax and spend? That would require an amendment to the Constitution, not just passing a bill. 

9 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Congress gave the President the power to tax and spend? That would require an amendment to the Constitution, not just passing a bill. 

So you haven't researched this at all.  You're just  spewing Pelosi's talking points.  Guess we don't need to continue then.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

He’s not raising taxes. And what, DACA had no direct economic element to it? You might want to read up on it. I’ll save you the trouble. There was spending in DACA. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Donald J Trump is the first President in 40 years not to invade a foreign country. MAGA

They just don’t think before they ink. 

7 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Donald J Trump is the first President in 40 years not to invade a foreign country. MAGA

But he did shovel 2.3 trillion on to the national debt with his tax cuts for the rich.

Still, not as bad as W. You got that part right.