Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Trump Executive order/request/whatever

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Good point.  Let's take that $400 away.

The constitution only matters when it's convenient. Got it

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Very quiet on Trump’s actions today. I figured our staunch Constitution defenders would be all over this one. Guess not. :dunno:

what part of the constitution was under attack today?  I missed it

Someone has to put American families above politics. 

Trump does it, exposes the dems as the scumbags they are, and not surprisingly,  they have a problem with it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I am a liberal bot.  I will post because I either want to 1. make right wingers feel guilty or 2. personally attack right wingers.  Trump signed an EO and I smell an opportunity to do a bit of both.  This will make a worthy thread because they've surely never seen THIS tactic before at GC!!!!!!

• Like 1

So this is how liberals will attack Trump's move... calling it unconstitutional?

They have no problem with Democrats locking people out of churches, letting criminals out of jail, letting illegals stay here and giving them benefits, closing businesses, forcing people to wear masks, supporting rioters, and tracking the movements of civilians

... But when the President gives aid to struggling families due to the House Dems obstruction, "muh Constitution!". 😱

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Very quiet on Trump’s actions today. I figured our staunch Constitution defenders would be all over this one. Guess not. :dunno:

The respect I had for you is decreasing.  Sad.

8 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Executive orders are unconstitutional now? Better get this in front of a judge then. You’re becoming a simpleton. FYI. 

Great response guys. Well done. Taxation and spending are not part of the Executive branch. That is the legislative branch. So, if Trump does it, then it is okay. Got it. 

Now, Congress is focked up, but that is a different discussion. Glad you guys didn’t disappoint with your hypocrisy. 👍

• Like 2

400 a week is very reasonable and something Congress should have been able to come to an agreement on.  

I feel like this is a trial balloon. If the American people accept this the Republicans can say that's our boy. If not they can say trump did this on his own. Plus trump gets to say oh well 600 was too much. But 400 will help. Which is actually true. 

2 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

So this is how liberals will attack Trump's move... calling it unconstitutional?

They have no problem with Democrats locking people out of churches, letting criminals out of jail, letting illegals stay here and giving them benefits, closing businesses, forcing people to wear masks, supporting rioters, and tracking the movements of civilians

... But when the President gives aid to struggling families due to the House Dems obstruction, "muh Constitution!". 😱

It's sad when the idiot liberals try to use logic and attack the president. It shows their hypocrisy. 

31 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Great response guys. Well done. Taxation and spending are not part of the Executive branch. That is the legislative branch. So, if Trump does it, then it is okay. Got it. 

Now, Congress is focked up, but that is a different discussion. Glad you guys didn’t disappoint with your hypocrisy. 👍

He's  moving money around that was already appropriated. Same thing he did with the wall. They will fight it so the system is still intact and working like it should. No hypocrisy. I actually hope it fails and they get nothing by the way. Time to go back to work.

Since the money ran out people started going back to work. I had a couple projects at the house on hold. Low and behold this week they all wanted to start back up...meh.

31 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Nice of you to not take into account that we are in the midst of a pandemic. Hey, why give context if it doesn’t further your simple assertion? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nice of you to not take into account that we are in the midst of a pandemic. Hey, why give context if it doesn’t further your simple assertion? 

Wait. You guys said this was much ado about nothing. So, in a pandemic, we just say “fock the Constitution”? 

What is next? Delay the election? 

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Wait. You guys said this was much ado about nothing. So, in a pandemic, we just say “fock the Constitution”? 

Who said that? I didn’t. Who’s you guys, Biff? And if the election is delayed, congress would be the one making the call. You’re just making stuff up now, or don’t know how things work. 

6 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

It's going to be challenged. What else do you want. The system still works. If you really want to blame someone blame Obama. He started using Executive Orders as they were never intended to be used so the hypocrisy is you on not stating Obama opened the door to Executive Order abuse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

It's going to be challenged. What else do you want. They system still works. If you really want to blame someone blame Obama. He started using Executive Orders as they were never intended to be used so the hypocrisy is you on not stating Obama opened the door to Executive Order abuse.

It probably won’t be challenged. That’s the beauty of it. The Democrats are going to be the ones to challenge and executive order that stops evictions and unemployment insurance? In an election year? No, what will most likely happen is they get back to negotiate it and the Democrats stop asking for money that’s not covid related. 

• Like 1

Only liberals would get upset over Trump helping Americans. He’s also the only president to fight child sex trafficking. 

• Thanks 1

So Trump is going to suspend the payroll tax for people making under 100k? Well that sucks for me.

8 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Only liberals would get upset over Trump helping Americans. He’s also the only president to fight child sex trafficking. 

Liberals LOVE governors making EO that suspend liberties. They HATE when the president doesn't tax us.

That payroll tax is YOUR money. It's yours and the government takes it from you. How dare Trump allow us to keep our money.

• Haha 1

The payroll deferment has to be paid back along with student loans. It's just a pause from my understanding. It actually should have been done months ago but not automatic. If people want to do it they have to request it. I would love to do it but my wife hates large tax bills no matter how much I try to explain to her we could be earning interests on that money even in a high yield savings account. We are losing money dummy but it goes over her head.

2 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

The payroll deferment has to be paid back along with student loans. It's just a pause from my understanding. It actually should have been done months ago but not automatic. If people want to do it they have to request it. I would love to do it but my wife hates large tax bills no matter how much I try to explain to her we could be earning interests on that money even in a high yield savings account. We are losing money dummy but it goes over her head.

It is a deferrment for now, but the memo states, "The Secretary of the Treasury shall explore avenues, including legislation, to eliminate the obligation to pay the taxes deferred pursuant to the implementation of this memorandum."

So it is a deferral, but therr is intent to make it forgiven.  The actual ceiling is $104,000 which i hope is phased out instead of a hard stop.  What i really hope is that it is never done because it is a terrible idea from a fiscally responsible perspective. 

Oh Nancy. Have another scoop of chunky chocolate fudge ice cream....

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi slammed the executive actions President Trump took this weekend to provide assistance for Americans struggling amid the coronavirus as weak and an "illusion" on "Fox News Sunday" with Chris Wallace, as she defended Democrats' stance asking for trillions more in aid as negotiations with the White House and Senate Republicans have stalled.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-on-fox-news-sunday

7 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

If you are disciplined enough to save that money, and you have a solid way to make the interest then its nice to have the money

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Oh Nancy. Have another scoop of chunky chocolate fudge ice cream....

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi slammed the executive actions President Trump took this weekend to provide assistance for Americans struggling amid the coronavirus as weak and an "illusion" on "Fox News Sunday" with Chris Wallace, as she defended Democrats' stance asking for trillions more in aid as negotiations with the White House and Senate Republicans have stalled.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-on-fox-news-sunday

She is pure evil.

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

If you are disciplined enough to save that money, and you have a solid way to make the interest then its nice to have the money

She knows better being a finance exec but just doesn't like massive tax bills. It doesn't bother me because I put it in a high yield savings and make a little money. It's still not keeping up with inflation but better than nothing. End of the year I would write these massive checks and she'd always freak out so I stopped. We make a lot in bonuses so I actually pay extra monthly to compensate. HR asked me why I do this...meh. I just tell them talk to my wife.

So let me get this straight: The Democrats want a stimulus bill to deal with coronavirus that includes money for illegals.  Trump says hell no, I’ll help the people myself. Democrats outraged. And some people here who claim to be moderates are upset as well. Can’t make this stuff up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jonmx said:

It is a deferrment for now, but the memo states, "The Secretary of the Treasury shall explore avenues, including legislation, to eliminate the obligation to pay the taxes deferred pursuant to the implementation of this memorandum."

So it is a deferral, but therr is intent to make it forgiven.  The actual ceiling is $104,000 which i hope is phased out instead of a hard stop.  What i really hope is that it is never done because it is a terrible idea from a fiscally responsible perspective. 

It's a way better idea than sending out 1200 checks.

That's my money and I want to keep as much of it as I can.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

It's a way better idea than sending out 1200 checks.

That's my money and I want to keep as much of it as I can.

Yes,  but theoretically ot should be used to keep the social security system solvent.  But there is no social security fund, so it is moot, but it shouldn't be.   Regsrdless, IMHO, it is reckless spending.  Just open up the economy and get people back to work.  

12 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The constitution only matters when it's convenient. Got it

No.  You're right.  Take that money back.  

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So let me get this straight: The Democrats want a stimulus bill to deal with coronavirus that includes money for illegals.  Trump says hell no, I’ll help the people myself. Democrats outraged. And some people here who claim to be moderates are upset as well. Can’t make this stuff up. 

It’s absolutely sickening.

Congress had their chance. They balked. POTUS stepped up during a man made pandemic to help the American people. 

They purposely stalled, he forced the issue. Check.

3 hours ago, jonmx said:

Yes,  but theoretically ot should be used to keep the social security system solvent.  But there is no social security fund, so it is moot, but it shouldn't be.   Regsrdless, IMHO, it is reckless spending.  Just open up the economy and get people back to work.  

But it's not spending. It's a tax cut. This will hopefully get people back to work while stimulating the economy. Both of these things are being done without making the money machine go brrrrrrrr.

Also, I agree with you that we should open the economy. Unfortunately people are still living in fear.

12 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

But it's not spending. It's a tax cut. This will hopefully get people back to work while stimulating the economy. Both of these things are being done without making the money machine go brrrrrrrr.

Also, I agree with you that we should open the economy. Unfortunately people are still living in fear.

Exactly. People have been sitting on their asses for months because they were making more money on unemployment. This XO reduces the amount people make on UE, while increasing the take home pay for working people.

He's encouraging those who CAN work to get back TO work. 

The Left: :cry:

It's not fear. $600 a week. Almost 70% getting that have NEVER earned that level of income. Their real fear is the financial windfall when it ends. They will have to go back to their meager entry level jobs. Like my niece. A total phucking loser. Used the $600 a week to get a brand new jeep. 100's of thousands just like her. 

And as I stated, been trying to get some work done around the house for months. They REFUSE to come to work. It wasn't until this week a couple decided to show up. Yeah, no kidding. The money ran out. Wanna keep that new Jeep, truck, playtime is over. 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nailed it.  :pointstosky:

Poor fatboy. Didn't go as planned.  :(

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1