Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Maybe this virtual learning isn't such a bad idea after all......

I'm just glad that I'm done school and that my son is done.  I really feel bad for parents who have kids still in school.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Scumbags. Plain and simple. 

Teachers or parents?

There's a good chance this virtual learning will open more parents eyes and convince them to start homeschooling way from the indoctrination centers.

Just now, riversco said:

Who said virtual learning was a bad idea? 

it doesnt work due to disengaged parents and a tik tok generation.  It would work for some motivated well raised kids and kids with illnesses or even Incels.  80 percent would get nothing.

4 minutes ago, riversco said:

Who said virtual learning was a bad idea? 

Me, for one.  It's a horrible idea for a lot of reasons.  But this is at least one positive that may come out of it.

4 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Teachers or parents?

Those teachers.  But they are indicative of many. 

5 minutes ago, riversco said:

There's a good chance this virtual learning will open more parents eyes and convince them to start homeschooling way from the indoctrination centers.

i laugh so hard...you guys must think teachers and schools are like that old apple commercial.  Rofl..if you have time for a discussion one kid may participate while the rest nod their heads while trying to look at their phone? Teachers spend most of their 46 minute indictrination time trying to get kids to finish their homework from 2 days ago..take their notes..and finish their labs. What age group is being indoctrinated?  No one ever says..

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Those teachers.  But they are indicative of many. 

i didnt realize teachers were the root of all evil...good to know.

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

i didnt realize teachers were the root of all evil...good to know.

Those and many. Nevwr said all or even the majority. Play your word twist game with someone else. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Those and many. Nevwr said all or even the majority. Play your word twist game with someone else. 

you need to visit a school...walk around and look in different rooms..rofl...there is no time for indictrination.  Takes 10 minutes for announcements...collecting work..bathroom passes and trip to locker to get notebook etc.  Then 10 to 15 minutes going over questions from previous days assignment...then teaching new stuff and assign next days work.  Then more bathroom passes and walking around giving individual instruction to iep kids and kids who need help.  Then if there is time you indictrinate.  But you have to cover the material because 50 percent of your evaluation is how students do on state tests.  The outliers that you read about in the news are not indicative of the profession

10 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

you need to visit a school...walk around and look in different rooms..rofl...there is no time for indictrination.  Takes 10 minutes for announcements...collecting work..bathroom passes and trip to locker to get notebook etc.  Then 10 to 15 minutes going over questions from previous days assignment...then teaching new stuff and assign next days work.  Then more bathroom passes and walking around giving individual instruction to iep kids and kids who need help.  Then if there is time you indictrinate.  But you have to cover the material because 50 percent of your evaluation is how students do on state tests.  The outliers that you read about in the news are not indicative of the profession

I worked at a school last year. Not impressed. Many outliers as you describe them. Many. 

27 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

it doesnt work due to disengaged parents and a tik tok generation.  It would work for some motivated well raised kids and kids with illnesses or even Incels.  80 percent would get nothing.

Then get the fock in the classroom and teach, if you're in that very miniscule bunch of potential at risk of covid complications group,  stay the fock home. It's not that hard.

13 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I've spent plenty of time in classrooms, by request of gym and health teachers, going into the classroom and giving kids more in-depth information for personal health and fitness.  I've heard plenty of teachers talking to the kids about politics and whatnot on a number of occasions.  Was it all of them?  No.  But it was a good chunk.  I've also seen forms that my nephew had to bring home regarding what terms and phrases are racist.  What is white privilege.  The schools definitely do it.

Just an example from a personal interaction.  I actually had one teacher tell me that in her class, they don't discuss race or gender when talking about health.  I looked at her like she had a third eye.  When she was confused by my reactions, I asked:  "How can I tell kids the proper way to eat and workout unless I discuss gender?  A boy's body is very different than a girls.  There's no way to give a gender neutral description on how to develop your body.  It's impossible."  She told me that I'd have to figure out how to do it.  I said to her, "don't you think it's important to give the kids accurate information?"  I kid you not, she looked me straight in the eyes and said, "no, not if the information upsets them".  I walked out and told her that she can be the liar, not me.  She had the nerve to call my boss and complain.  My boss then called the school and told them that we will not be sending any of our staff to their school if they want us to give improper information.  This was 5 years ago.  No one on our staff has ever been back to that school.

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I've spent plenty of time in classrooms, by request of gym and health teachers, going into the classroom and giving kids more in-depth information for personal health and fitness.  I've heard plenty of teachers talking to the kids about politics and whatnot on a number of occasions.  Was it all of them?  No.  But it was a good chunk.  I've also seen forms that my nephew had to bring home regarding what terms and phrases are racist.  What is white privilege.  The schools definitely do it.

Just an example from a personal interaction.  I actually had one teacher tell me that in her class, they don't discuss race or gender when talking about health.  I looked at her like she had a third eye.  When she was confused by my reactions, I asked:  "How can I tell kids the proper way to eat and workout unless I discuss gender?  A boy's body is very different than a girls.  There's no way to give a gender neutral description on how to develop your body.  It's impossible."  She told me that I'd have to figure out how to do it.  I said to her, "don't you think it's important to give the kids accurate information?"  I kid you not, she looked me straight in the eyes and said, "no, not if the information upsets them".  I walked out and told her that she can be the liar, not me.  She had the nerve to call my boss and complain.  My boss then called the school and told them that we will not be sending any of our staff to their school if they want us to give improper information.  This was 5 years ago.  No one on our staff has ever been back to that school.

Better not talk about the Holocaust or Slavery either. Too upsetting. She should be fired on the spot. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Better not talk about the Holocaust or Slavery either. Too upsetting. She should be fired on the spot. 

Or internment camps prior to 2017.

38 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

The outliers that you read about in the news are not indicative of the profession

Theres more out there than to just call them outliers.  Just delve into the Twitter thread in the OP and see some of the sinister responses from some actual teachers that treat their classroom as indoctrination labs.  Dont forget these people fukin work for us.

A couple of good friends of mine are teachers. Their assistant principal told all the teachers that they have to be aware that when it comes to social issues that they speak about that the parents may not agree. Damn skippy. Keep your bullshit to yourself. I’m almost looking forward to some teacher overstepping. 

I would hazard a guess that it comes from the state..and teachers have to follow the script. 

As palpatine said...embrace your hate!!  Police are probably saying...at least we aren't teachers.

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I would hazard a guess that it comes from the state..and teachers have to follow the script. 

As palpatine said...embrace your hate!!

My guess would be that it is a Union thing.

5 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

As palpatine said...embrace your hate!!  Police are probably saying...at least we aren't teachers.

The script calls for defunding the police before they will go back to work, like the teachers in LA are demanding?