Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Small engine repair

All the time.   In the last 3 months = Tuned up the lawn mower, both weed whackers, and am about to tackle a 30 yr old generator and get  it running again.    In the winter I clear my driveway with a 1973 snow blower that I bought used and have kept going, never been to a shop.    Small engines are easy and CHEAP to fix.  

You got a small engine repair question, you talk to me. . .

Small engines are pretty straight forward.  Ive rebuilt a few.  Anything except Hondas and Kohlers are pretty well disposable nowadays.  I might throw on a new carb if its not burning oil yet. 2 stoke in a Stihl or Husqvarna is a different story. They will last a while.

Yup, youtube has everything you need to know.

37 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Yup, youtube has everything you need to know.

That applies with everything. EVERYTHING. Saved me 10's of thousands of dollars. Pool, auto, plumbing, appliance repair, roofing repair. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

That applies with everything. EVERYTHING. Saved me 10's of thousands of dollars. Pool, auto, plumbing, appliance repair, roofing repair. 

I love it and hate it. The video show the person doing the job in 5 minutes but they never show you all the stupid bullsh1t that happens when fixing something.

• Haha 1

I can do the easy stuff on a boat motor. But the more complicated repairs I always took to a shop. They were not exactly small engines, but still pretty easy to work on.

11 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I love it and hate it. The video show the person doing the job in 5 minutes but they never show you all the stupid bullsh1t that happens when fixing something.

Yep. I watch the video and it’ll take me at least an hour to duplicate. To be fair, if I had to do it twice, I could probably be almost as quick as the video. There’s definitely a learning curve. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

To a certain extent...In my line of work some of the guys putting out the vids  are absolutely necessary watching material. Kinda like going to classes every night after werk to learn new diag skills and such. Some of the others, well....

A couple of my favorites on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/user/ScannerDanner

https://www.youtube.com/user/motoYam82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtAGzm9e_liY7ko1PBhzTHA

Informative as all fuk :thumbsup:

Sad note is that I'll prolly be making one of my own in the near future :ninja:

50 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Yep. I watch the video and it’ll take me at least an hour to duplicate. To be fair, if I had to do it twice, I could probably be almost as quick as the video. There’s definitely a learning curve.

Troof :thumbsup:

33 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

AKA Scamming Grease Monkey

That's just racist :(

1 minute ago, Mike Isles said:

I could of said a lot worse cat fvcker. 

But you didn't. 
Also, everyone here calls me katfucker. Which deleted account are you?  :wub:

1 hour ago, Mike Isles said:

I  am the only NY Islander fan here.  (That’s hockey)

That doesn't narrow it down for me since I think most of you hockey fans are a bundle of sticks.
I'll play the guessing game, though.

Northern Vike
Tommy Gavin
Latin Pimp
Shotsup
DuckStoopid

???