Sign in to follow this  
'Who's the Boss?' reboot confirmed by Tony Danza and Alyssa Milano...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/05/entertainment/whos-boss-reboot-trnd/index.html

We are waiting on you, Judith Light.

Tony Danza and Alyssa Milano have confirmed that a reboot of "Who's the Boss?" is in the works.

The original series, which ran on ABC from 1984 to 1992, starred Danza as single father Tony Micelli, who transitions from being a professional baseball player to a live-in housekeeper for advertising executive Angela Bower, played by Light.

Milano starred as Danza's character's daughter, Samantha.

On Tuesday both Danza and Milano took to social media to share the news of the show's return.

Very excited to bring Who's The Boss back to television! #whostheboss

A post shared by Tony Danza (@tonydanza) on Aug 4, 2020 at 4:49pm PDT

"Very excited to bring Who's The Boss back to television! #whostheboss," Danza wrote in a caption of a photo on his verified Instagram account showing him and Milano in character on the show.

Milano tweeted "I AM SO EXCITED!" along with a link to the Deadline story about the reboot.

"#WhosTheBoss is coming back!!! I've wanted to share this for so long and now I can!," she wrote. "We feel the time is right to tell the story of where these amazing characters are today. Can't wait to share their stories with you. So happy."

No network has been announced yet for the new show, which is in development at Sony Pictures Television and will be executive produced by Norman Lear.

Billed as a sequel to the original, the show "will take place 30 years after the events of the original series, centered around former Major League Baseball player/retired housekeeper Tony Micelli and his relationship with his daughter Samantha Micelli," according to Deadline.

"She is now a single mother, living in the house the original series was set in," Deadline reported. "In line with Norman Lear's classic shows, the new comedy will explore generational differences, as well as opposing world views and parenting styles within the dynamic of a modern family in 2020."

The publication also reported that Light and Danny Pintauro, who played her son Jonathan, are "supportive" of the new series.

Katherine Helmond, who played Mona Robinson, died last year of complications from Alzheimer's. She was 89.

Don't they usually reboot these with non-white people?

• Like 1

Never really watched the original but this story line just seems really unrealistic and dumb:

The original series, which ran on ABC from 1984 to 1992, starred Danza as single father Tony Micelli, who transitions from being a professional baseball player to a live-in housekeeper for advertising executive Angela Bower, played by Light.

7 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Can’t wait to see how they fold in all the anti-Trump politics.  Should be fascinating.

If he loses, they can complain about Biden...

11 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I hate wokeness but she is one actress I’d support being replaced by a transgendered black male. 

• Like 1

Just now, avoiding injuries said:

I hate wokeness but she is one actress I’d support being replaced by a transgendered black male. 

Jussie Smolett is looking for a job.

16 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

Yeah, but, Who's the Massa? wouldn't have gone over too well in today's political climate.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

21 minutes ago, posty said:

"She is now a single mother, living in the house the original series was set in," Deadline reported.

Single mother? How old is her kid? 25 and living at home? 

32 minutes ago, Strike said:

Never really watched the original but this story line just seems really unrealistic and dumb:

It was actually an entertaining show, I liked it.  Danza's baseball career was noted as being very brief and void of accomplishments, so he never made a lot of money.  I think one of the running jokes was that Danza only played one season and he had one of the only "Tony Micelli" baseball cards ever made.

53 minutes ago, posty said:

Billed as a sequel to the original, the show "will take place 30 years after the events of the original series, centered around former Major League Baseball player/retired housekeeper Tony Micelli and his relationship with his daughter Samantha Micelli," according to Deadline.

"She is now a single mother, living in the house the original series was set in," Deadline reported. "In line with Norman Lear's classic shows, the new comedy will explore generational differences, as well as opposing world views and parenting styles within the dynamic of a modern family in 2020."

I'm calling it now...

The housekeeper will be another white man, but is gay this time around.  Milano's child will be a girl who is half black and the (black), father was killed in military, so that they can avoid the stigma of black men having kids and skipping out.  It will also allow them to have her black in-laws in the show.  They'll live too far away to always be there and help out, but close enough to be on the show at least a third to half the season.  Milano's daughter will have a boyfriend who's Hispanic.

28 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm calling it now...

The housekeeper will be another white man, but is gay this time around.  Milano's child will be a girl who is half black and the (black), father was killed in military, so that they can avoid the stigma of black men having kids and skipping out.  It will also allow them to have her black in-laws in the show.  They'll live too far away to always be there and help out, but close enough to be on the show at least a third to half the season.  Milano's daughter will have a boyfriend who's Hispanic.

I bet you got at least half of it right if not all of it. 

show was woke back then. should be even woker now. funny how one of my first tv crushes now makes me want to vomit. fock her.

3 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Alyssa Milano is a focking annoying attention wh0re

Yep. Don't these people get it that they have turned off half of their audience? Just shut up and read the lines.

2 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Yep. Don't these people get it that they have turned off half of their audience? Just shut up and read the lines.

Like when she was a 20 yr old HOPA :wub:

4 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Q: Mr Presley, as you've mentioned your time in the service, what is your opinion of war protesters and would you today refuse to be drafted?

Elvis: Honey, I'd just sooner keep my own personal views about that to myself cause I'm just an entertainer and I'd rather not say.

She was a child actor who offered nothing of value as she got older so she took off her top.  Listen to her. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

as she got older so she took off her top

And they were spectacular 😍

2 hours ago, posty said:

We are waiting on you, Judith Light.

Tony Danza and Alyssa Milano have confirmed that a reboot of "Who's the Boss?" is in the works.

Milano starred as Danza's character's daughter, Samantha.

On Tuesday both Danza and Milano took to social media to share the news of the show's return.

Very excited to bring Who's The Boss back to television! #whostheboss

A post shared by Tony Danza (@tonydanza) on Aug 4, 2020 at 4:49pm PDT

"Very excited to bring Who's The Boss back to television! #whostheboss," Danza wrote in a caption of a photo on his verified Instagram account showing him and Milano in character on the show.

Milano tweeted "I AM SO EXCITED!" along with a link to the Deadline story about the reboot.

"#WhosTheBoss is coming back!!! I've wanted to share this for so long and now I can!," she wrote. "We feel the time is right to tell the story of where these amazing characters are today. Can't wait to share their stories with you. So happy."

No network has been announced yet for the new show, which is in development at Sony Pictures Television and will be executive produced by Norman Lear.

The publication also reported that Light and Danny Pintauro, who played her son Jonathan, are "supportive" of the new series.

Katherine Helmond, who played Mona Robinson, died last year of complications from Alzheimer's. She was 89.

Oh yay....another series that glamorizes single motherhood.  Super.  

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

so she took off her top.  

I'm sorry. What were you saying? I got a little lost. :wub:

9 hours ago, porkbutt said:

show was woke back then. should be even woker now. funny how one of my first tv crushes now makes me want to vomit. fock her.

Arnie should have let her die in Commando. Look at all the trouble he went through. He was like us though, didn't realize the truth and thought she seemed worthy of saving at the time.  Now he probably realizes that things'd be better if he just dropped her off at Bennett's house and left her there.

• Thanks 1

isn't her hair falling out from covid that's she's been crying about for about 6 months now???