Sign in to follow this  
edjr

School committee meeting till 1:30 am last night and here is what they decided.

5 days of school. 4 hours in class and 1 hour remote learning.

:wacko:

the worst idea I have heard so far and it's the most inconvenient for working parents.

On one hand, we all know distance learning is a failure and the best example of white privilege that exists.

On the other hand, but Trump.

What a tough decision. 

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

the worst idea I have heard so far and it's the most inconvenient for working parents.

Makes no sense.  This is what happens when liberals have dominant control.

• Thanks 1

That’s dumb.  You can’t be half pregnant.  Either you decide to go to school with responsible protocols or go virtual.  Pick one.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Makes no sense.  This is what happens when liberals have dominant control.

They go to school for 6 hours, that extra 2 hours really that much to ask?  they need the 2 hours to clean the school. Can't possibly do it after they leave at 2:30 :wall:

Not to mention, they will all be wearing masks and likely asked to keep away from each other. Lunch and recess should be a hoot.

Ours gave us the option to do in class or remote learning than chickened out and made it all remote learning until 30 Oct when they will reevaluate. 

23 minutes ago, edjr said:

Great example of "Solomon splitting the baby." They threw in some token remote learning to virtue signal. :rolleyes:

All remote until October , then 2 days a week at school. What happens in October? It becomes safe then? This is not about safety. 

37 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Ours gave us the option to do in class or remote learning than chickened out and made it all remote learning until 30 Oct when they will reevaluate. 

I'm sure the "reevaluation" will actually occur on Nov 4th.

1 minute ago, DonS said:

I'm sure the "reevaluation" will actually occur on Nov 4th.

Depending on who wins. If Biden wins then everything is safe. If Trump wins more BS

The state has some rules and laws that make it difficult in the town. For us, we are going hybrid. They split each grade/group into two based on last name. The first group goes to school in person Monday and Tuesday. The 2nd group goes to school Thursday and Friday. The other days are remote learning with the same teacher and set hours. Wednesday the school has deep cleaning, but teachers are in the building (as far as I know).

They are not busing kids in grades 7-12 because they don't have to by law and there is mandatory spacing on buses that leave them at about 1/3 capacity. For us, it was a space and cost issue because they could not go back to school with everyone at the same time, while maintaining required distancing.

No matter what they did, people were going to be upset.

58 minutes ago, edjr said:

This is focking DUMB! My school district is focking up homeschooling too.

People have been homeschooling for a very long time. Kids are not receiving instruction most of the day. This isn't rocket science or a new way to teach, but all these educated educators are trying to justify the stupid .

Our school is going regular schedule..with a virtual option on a 9 weeks basis for people who dont want to come back yet.

Some other schools are doing 2 days  half the school...wednesday is cleaning day...other half is thursday friday..virtual on days off.

Some crazy crap

The teachers union is doing this. They are the most political, radical union in the country. 

18 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Depending on who wins. If Biden wins then everything is safe. If Trump wins more BS

Indeed.  And if parents try to band together to help educate their kids they are white privileged racists:

https://www.seattletimes.com/education-lab/seattle-area-parents-form-learning-pods-to-keep-kids-from-falling-behind-but-coronavirus-driven-trend-raises-equity-concerns/

(use private mode to get around paywall) 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The teachers union is doing this. They are the most political, radical union in the country. 

Awful, selfish people.  

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

Awful, selfish people.  

They prove it every time. 

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

That’s dumb.  You can’t be half pregnant.  Either you decide to go to school with responsible protocols or go virtual.  Pick one.

But I thought 9 women could have a baby in 1 month. Is this not true?

Our district was 100% in person with 80 pages of guidelines, including masks, no lockers, etc.  

Now they’ve added a remote option for the 1st trimester and have hired an outside teaching agency to completely run it.   It requires 5-6 hours of screen time each day. I don’t see how that would be healthy or effective for kids.   

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Not a surprising decision when it's a bunch of morons who stayed out till close to bar close to make the decision...

34 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Awful, selfish people.  

$$$$$$$$$$

12 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Not a surprising decision when it's a bunch of morons who stayed out till close to bar close to make the decision...

Bars are not open. The meeting started at 8 :dunno:

Just now, edjr said:

Bars are not open. The meeting started at 8 :dunno:

Not at a public bar...at one of the members' home bar.

Let’s not lose sight of what’s really important here. No matter the plan, no teachers or administrators will lose any money.  Gym and Music  teachers will still get paid. It’s all good. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let’s not lose sight of what’s really important here. No matter the plan, no teachers or administrators will lose any money.  Gym and Music  teachers will still get paid. It’s all good. 

Or work extra or work during the summer. out of the question.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No government employee has lost their jobs or a penny. Same group demanding the people who pay their salaries put their lives and livelihoods on hold for their fake exaggerated fear. 

Scumbags. 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Or work extra or work during the summer. out of the question.

They suck.  People are starting to see it. Soft cushy jobs make you spoiled and entitled. 

Just now, drobeski said:

No government employee has lost their jobs or a penny. Same group demanding the people who pay their salaries put their lives and livelihoods on hold for their fake exaggerated fear. 

Scumbags. 

I have been telling this to anyone that wants to listen. How do we let people that feel no pain of their own decisions, make the decisions? it makes no sense. 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

I have been telling this to anyone that wants to listen. How do we let people that feel no pain of their own decisions, make the decisions? it makes no sense. 

They're hoping to get control of all 3 branches of the fed government so they can bail out their bloated pensions and failed budgets through the fed. 

This horseshit we are dealing with,  that's why.

And  ass holes here and everywhere enable and support it. 

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

They're hoping to get control of all 3 branches of the fed government so they can bail out their bloated pensions and failed budgets through the fed. 

My son will be 7 in few days. No chance he makes it through graduation without me flipping out on a teacher someday for trying to brainwash my kid with liberal nonsense.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, drobeski said:

They now control the police as well. They’ll ruin that like they have everything else they get their hands on. Like education.   

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

My son will be 7 in few days. No chance he makes it through graduation without me flipping out on a teacher someday for trying to brainwash my kid with liberal nonsense.

They are sick sick people 

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

Thanks btw! :banana:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They suck.  People are starting to see it. Soft cushy jobs make you spoiled and entitled. 

The teachers here threw such a fit about additional cleaning and sanitizing that they hire 4 additional custodians for each school.  HS, Middle and Elementary.  

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

The teachers here threw such a fit about additional cleaning and sanitizing that they hire 4 additional custodians for each school.  HS, Middle and Elementary.  

I don't pay enough in RE Tax, that's cool.  I pay 13 per $1000 now

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

They aren’t stepping up. They act like this is some everyday issue. I’ll never look at them in a good light again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They aren’t stepping up. They act like this is some everyday issue. I’ll never look at them in a good light again. 

A friend of mine was recently promoted from teacher to principal.  He's on the other side now,  managing many of the same clowns who were his former peers.  He's not having fun.

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

A friend of mine was recently promoted from teacher to principal.  He's on the other side now,  managing many of the same clowns who were his former peers.  He's not having fun.

Was out to lunch with my son a couple weeks ago, the principal from his elementary school was there. He wanted to go say hi, so he went up to her table (he had his mask on like a good little doobie)  I told him to lower his mask so she would recognize him. Anyway, he says "how is your summer"  she replies with "working tirelessly days and nights to try and figure out school.   I rolled my eyes as big as I could. What a focking fraud.

21 minutes ago, edjr said:

I don't pay enough in RE Tax, that's cool.  I pay 13 per $1000 now

and 25 per 1000 for my new car, can't wait for that excise bill 😐

Just have the kid bypass school and start selling dope now. On the job training. Will be better prepared to be an adult than public school will ever teach. Why waste all those years? 😷