Sign in to follow this  
edjr

School committee meeting till 1:30 am last night and here is what they decided.

50 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

The teachers here threw such a fit about additional cleaning and sanitizing that they hire 4 additional custodians for each school.  HS, Middle and Elementary.  

The state is mandating all this additional work and if my job said I have to do a bunch of cleaning I'd also tell them to get focked.

Stop with the madness and get back to normal.

54 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

The teachers here threw such a fit about additional cleaning and sanitizing that they hire 4 additional custodians for each school.  HS, Middle and Elementary.  

This isn't a bad thing even before COVID...  More people working and the schools are cleaner...  What is wrong with that?

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The teachers union is doing this. They are the most political, radical union in the country. 

Damn teachers!!  

7 minutes ago, posty said:

This isn't a bad thing even before COVID...  More people working and the schools are cleaner...  What is wrong with that?

I remember in school each school had a nurse.  My kids district has 1 nurse for 5 schools lol.  

10 minutes ago, posty said:

Our district can afford it.  Most can’t.  

Fock teachers...just effin babysitters anyway!!

That’s right. Let’s give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and planning — that equals 6-1/2 hours).

So each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day…maybe 30? So that’s $19.50 x 30 = $585 a day.

However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET’S SEE….

That’s $585 X 180= $105,300 per year. (Hold on! My calculator needs new batteries).

What about those special education teachers and the ones with Master’s degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an hour. That would be $8 X 6-1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year.

Wait a minute — there’s something wrong here! There sure is!

The average teacher’s salary (nationwide) is $50,000.

$50,000/180 days = $277.77 per day / 30 students = $9.25 / 6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student — a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!)

How about some perspective on teachers salaries...

12 minutes ago, posty said:

Someone has to pay for it. That’s what’s wrong with it. Are schools a jobs program now? 

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

That’s right. Let’s give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and planning — that equals 6-1/2 hours).

So each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day…maybe 30? So that’s $19.50 x 30 = $585 a day.

However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET’S SEE….

That’s $585 X 180= $105,300 per year. (Hold on! My calculator needs new batteries).

What about those special education teachers and the ones with Master’s degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an hour. That would be $8 X 6-1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year.

$50,000/180 days = $277.77 per day / 30 students = $9.25 / 6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student — a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!)

Why do you keep using average? It’s misleading. Or you don’t understand how averages work. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why do you keep using average? It’s misleading. Or you don’t understand how averages work. 

So its better to use the top 10 percent to try to prove your point??  

9 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

/thread

9 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Why are you using the bottom ten to prove yours? Try getting the average time a teacher has been working and use that. You do know that their salary increases , right? Most public sector jobs  nearly double after five  years. And exceed that from there. Try that nonsense elsewhere . And why do I care  what a teacher makes in Mississippi when The teachers that I pay for are making well over 100k?  

19 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

LET’S SEE….

YEAH!! They should trade salaries with guys in the NBA

26 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I remember in school each school had a nurse.  My kids district has 1 nurse for 5 schools lol.  

So did my school.  Never a line tho.  Seems cutting back on school nurses is a good cost saver.

I worked in a public school. The school nurse basically called the parents to tell them to pick up their kid. 

48 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

LET’S SEE….

That isn’t how babysitters/nannies work. They get paid $X for the first kid and then something extra for each additional kid. 

Maybe if you compared salary for day-care providers. 

So HT is jealous that teachers are overpaid and under worked.  Maybe you should have chosen a better career.  Lol...

I keed...I keed

33 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

So HT is jealous that teachers are overpaid and under worked.  Maybe you should have chosen a better career.  Lol...

I keed...I keed

Not worried so much about that pay as I am about them politicizing this and not stepping up. They damn sure didn’t in the spring. And I’m not impressed with their plans for the fall. Also the SJW garbage  that many of them preach to our kids. Keep your personal politics out of it. Bad enough I pay the salary that the teachers union dues come out of. 

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

The state is mandating all this additional work and if my job said I have to do a bunch of cleaning I'd also tell them to get focked.

Stop with the madness and get back to normal.

Disagree.   

Pitching in to wipe down some surfaces to keep things more sanitary isn’t asking much.  

I have my sons come in and clean the store every morning before we open now.  It takes them 20 minutes to clean the whole place then they move on to listing and sorting cards.    

The place has never been cleaner. I think customers expect a higher level of cleanliness so we’re giving it to them.  

No added expense or man hours.  

15 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Disagree.   

Pitching in to wipe down some surfaces to keep things more sanitary isn’t asking much.  

I have my sons come in and clean the store every morning before we open now.  It takes them 20 minutes to clean the whole place then they move on to listing and sorting cards.    

The place has never been cleaner. I think customers expect a higher level of cleanliness so we’re giving it to them.  

No added expense or man hours.  

Teachers already do an buttliad of cleaning way more than any non teacher realize. What do you think all those Clorox wipes are for? The janitors sure as sh1t don't use them

Are you suggesting teachers bring their children in to clean the school?

54 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Not worried so much about that pay as I am about them politicizing this and not stepping up. They damn sure didn’t in the spring. And I’m not impressed with their plans for the fall. Also the SJW garbage  that many of them preach to our kids. Keep your personal politics out of it. Bad enough I pay the salary that the teachers union dues come out of. 

You need to seperate the teachers from the government and school board/superintendent.

Most teachers are women and due to their agreeable nature they just do what they are told. 

18 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

You need to seperate the teachers from the government and school board/superintendent.

Most teachers are women and due to their agreeable nature they just do what they are told. 

It’s becoming increasingly evident that “most” teachers is a term that is being encroached on. 

21 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Teachers already do an buttliad of cleaning way more than any non teacher realize. What do you think all those Clorox wipes are for? The janitors sure as sh1t don't use them

Cleaning a classroom is some great task? You act likenthey are going into the bathroom and cafeteria and cleaning them too. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cleaning a classroom is some great task? You act likenthey are going into the bathroom and cafeteria and cleaning them too. 

In elementary school, many classrooms have their own bathroom and yes the teacher does clean in there too. :dunno:

Also at no point did I say it was some great task. You're exaggerating my point in order to make your weak position seem stronger than it is.

BL - If the states mandate additional cleaning in schools that's not on the teachers. 

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

In elementary school, many classrooms have their own bathroom and yes the teacher does clean in there too. :dunno:

Yeah, ok. Now you have it down to “many” , which is dubious, and elementary schools. But let’s give them all credit. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, ok. Now you have it down to “many” , which is dubious, and elementary schools. But let’s give them all credit. 

I don't pretend to know what every elementary school looks like. If I didn't say most or many or lots you'd cry about some random elementary school that doesn't have a bathroom in the classroom. 

You seem pretty angry at teachers. Sure there are bad teachers just like there are bad cops, construction workers, accountants etc... I think teachers should teach not trying to please the stupid state made up COVID rules.

10 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I don't pretend to know what every elementary school looks like. If I didn't say most or many or lots you'd cry about some random elementary school that doesn't have a bathroom in the classroom. 

You seem pretty angry at teachers. Sure there are bad teachers just like there are bad cops, construction workers, accountants etc... I think teachers should teach not trying to please the stupid state made up COVID rules.

Yeah I’m mad. Lots of people are. Why shouldn’t we be? It’s not like we’re having mostly peaceful protests about it. 

4 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

No, just drop the Strawman BS, this not close to rational thinking in the real world.  You are talking about Tutors not teachers, There is a choice.

My son is going to school for 2 hours Mon-Fri with virtual learning the rest of the day. They split it up am/pm for distancing but had no answer when parents questioned why it was only 2 hours.

The virtual learning is through an app, not a zoom class or anything. I get that there is no way go make everyone happy but teachers are only working 2 hours per day?

4 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

My son is going to school for 2 hours Mon-Fri with virtual learning the rest of the day. They split it up am/pm for distancing but had no answer when parents questioned why it was only 2 hours.

The virtual learning is through an app, not a zoom class or anything. I get that there is no way go make everyone happy but teachers are only working 2 hours per day?

That’s even dumber than what my school district is doing. 2 hours? How long are they going to be on the bus? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s even dumber than what my school district is doing. 2 hours? How long are they going to be on the bus? 

We are driving him during COVID so no bus, but usually it would be about 1 hour total. Its a joke. They are taking advantage of a pandemic to get a nice vacation at the expense of the very kids they supposedly care so much about. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Yeah. That’s exactly what I’m suggesting.  And those who don’t have kids have exactly 9 months to make it happen 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Also at no point did I say it was some great task. You're exaggerating my point in order to make your weak position seem stronger than it is.

BL - If the states mandate additional cleaning in schools that's not on the teachers. 

I think most of the direction they’ve been given are guidelines as opposed to mandates. 

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

I think most of the direction they’ve been given are guidelines as opposed to mandates. 

okay... 

People seem to be treating the mandates like they are laws from god.

22 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

okay... 

People seem to be treating the mandates like they are laws from god.

Yeah, I definitely think as a youth I should have been able to bang my hot music teacher. Sister Celestine. Dang, I was all in on her. And in no way shape or form would that have screwed me up in life. Probably would have given me more confidence at a young age more than anything else.

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah, I definitely think as a youth I should have been able to bang my hot music teacher. Sister Celestine. Dang, I was all in on her. And in no way shape or form would that have screwed me up in life. Probably would have given me more confidence at a young age more than anything else.

She doesn't bang the ugly kids.

28 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

She doesn't bang the ugly kids.

Shlt. So I was a lock for getting some. I knew I should have been more agressive. :wall:

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It doesn't even need to be cleaned, give me a focking break.

Just now, edjr said:

It doesn't even need to be cleaned, give me a focking break.

Why don’t they just have the Gym teachers clean them? They aren’t doing anything but getting paid.