Sign in to follow this  
edjr

School committee meeting till 1:30 am last night and here is what they decided.

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You probably never cleaned your beer taps either. :lol:

had the lines cleaned, we only had 3 taps. We covered them to keep the fruit flies out.  Bud Light, PBR and sam seasonal

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why don’t they just have the Gym teachers clean them? They aren’t doing anything but getting paid. 

Will art be allowed? Are crayons allowed? What about music? No chance, they can't even sing. DROPLETS!

They got a committee to get me off the block 'cause I say my rhymes loud and I say 'em nonstop. :banana:

Stop paying them until they can return to work safely.  Go on unemployment like every other person has to.  

I'm sure their phony fear will subside quickly when they have to live like the rest of us. Selfish scumbags. 

4 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Stop paying them until they can return to work safely.  Go on unemployment like every other person has to.  

I'm sure their phony fear will subside quickly when they have to live like the rest of us. Selfish scumbags. 

Bingo. Should have been layoffs in the spring. I got an e-mail form my first grade daughters gym teacher at the end of the school year. It said “great job”! That’s all I heard from him the whole time. But he got paid and the union got their dues. It’s all good. For them. 

16 minutes ago, drobeski said:

my kid's teacher did a 1 hour zoom class on friday.  And a few hour long videos the kids had to watch.  Parents should have been the ones getting the teachers salary

Was one public sector job lost?

Oh yeah, my wife informed me we are not participated in any nonsense on line learning that has to do with art, music or gym. Mark her absent. I look forward to the e-mail. 

My boys in 3rd and sixth grade are in week three of 100% virtual learning.  

Pros:  If they miss something during “class” it’s recorded and they can go back and re-watch it a second time.  That’s proved useful.  The teachers are doing a good job at their school (A Charter Academy) at being organized and quickly fixing any “IT” issues.  

Cons:  so far it’s been math.  It’s hard to “show your work” during class or even on tests as it’s google documents.  They want them to use the mouse and draw out their work, it’s insane, there were tears of frustration.  I put a squash to it.  My kids grab a pencil and paper and do the problems then I take a picture and scan it to upload with their answers.  Also I do worry about just being at a desk and a laptop with no real social interaction with peers and teachers from a developmental aspect.  

It’s going okay I guess but we are involved parents, my wife quit her job to be home.  I can’t imagine how two working parents cope or single moms or parents who DGAF.  

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

It’s going okay but we are involved parents, and my quit her job to be home.  I can’t imagine how two working parents cope or single moms or parents who DGAF.  

Always trying to keep them down

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Pros:  If they miss something during “class” it’s recorded and they can go back and re-watch it a second time.  That’s proved useful.  The teachers are doing a good job at their school (A Charter Academy) at being organized and quickly fixing any “IT” issues.  

Cons:  so far it’s been math.  It’s hard to “show your work” during class or even on tests as it’s google documents.  They want them to use the mouse and draw out their work, it’s insane, their were tears of frustration.  I put a squash to it.  My kids grab a pencil and paper and do the problems then I take a picture and scan it to upload with their answers.  Also I do worry about just being at a desk and a laptop with no real social interaction with peers and teachers from a developmental aspect.  

It’s going okay but we are involved parents, and my quit her job to be home.  I can’t imagine how two working parents cope or single moms or parents who DGAF.  

And when even after lying their asses off to make it look better,  the inner city schools attempt at this will be a gigantic fail. Because of systematic racism. 

10 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Cons:  so far it’s been math.  It’s hard to “show your work” during class or even on tests as it’s google documents.  They want them to use the mouse and draw out their work, it’s insane, there were tears of frustration.  I put a squash to it.  My kids grab a pencil and paper and do the problems then I take a picture and scan it to upload with their answers.  Also I do worry about just being at a desk and a laptop with no real social interaction with peers and teachers from a developmental aspect.  

It’s going okay I guess but we are involved parents, my wife quit her job to be home.  I can’t imagine how two working parents cope or single moms or parents who DGAF.  

Interesting. My son was just talking about the "show the work" thing in math. He DGAF at this point because he is now a senior, but I really feel for working parents. At our company, we have set up a large working group to figure out how we can help our employees navigate these types of issues that are so very different depending on where you live.

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Interesting. My son was just talking about the "show the work" thing in math. He DGAF at this point because he is now a senior, but I really feel for working parents. At our company, we have set up a large working group to figure out how we can help our employees navigate these types of issues that are so very different depending on where you live.

We have a company wide zoom call every Monday, about 240 people. They keep reiterating,.. if you have children, you will not be expected to come back to the office until school is back full time

2 hours ago, edjr said:

We have a company wide zoom call every Monday, about 240 people. They keep reiterating,.. if you have children, you will not be expected to come back to the office until school is back full time

We have people who work in the field, so it is also dealing with those folks who cannot possibly work from home all the time. We need to have creative ways in which we can support them as well as our office staff. We have very few people who have to go into the office and even then, it is not 100% of the time.