Sign in to follow this  
RenoRhino

Washington Racial Slurs

You do realize the majority of American Indians are offended by the terminology. How many of them need to be offended to justify the name change? I doubt my comment will change your mind on the stance. The Washington team owner fought tooth and nail to resist the change for many years with the same argument. I hope it takes you less time to come around than it did for him to basically be financially forced to do such a thing. Meanwhile, I do wonder if you own a Confederate flag. Not trying to insult you. Just curious. I tend to find that those who dont think the name needed to be changed also think the flag is not offensive.

I will be much more likely to buy the idea that having a group of human beings as your team mascot is offensive to that group of human beings when the Notre Dame mascot is considered to be just as offensive as the "Fighting Sioux" or some such.

I would think ND is eventually going to be dealing with the same situation. Once public perception and financial factors force them to do it. It does seem that the bigger the institution the longer it takes for changes to come about. 

... and don't they already have no d?

48 minutes ago, RenoRhino said:

You do realize the majority of American Indians are offended by the terminology. How many of them need to be offended to justify the name change? I doubt my comment will change your mind on the stance. The Washington team owner fought tooth and nail to resist the change for many years with the same argument. I hope it takes you less time to come around than it did for him to basically be financially forced to do such a thing. Meanwhile, I do wonder if you own a Confederate flag. Not trying to insult you. Just curious. I tend to find that those who dont think the name needed to be changed also think the flag is not offensive.

You have an opinion, that's wrong... I have a fact, that's right.  Apparently, 90% of Native Americans don't find the term offensive.  I doubt the comments of Native American's will change your stance though.

I'm from the North, my side won.  I'm no fan of the Confederate Flag.  By your comments, it sounds like you're a "group think" guy.  Your media tells you how to think, so you do it.

Redskins was a good name. 

2 hours ago, RenoRhino said:

You do realize the majority of American Indians are offended by the terminology.

How do you know? Have you ever spoken to a Native American (the preferred term for woke snowflakes like yourself....) about the issue. I have, and the answer I got was some form of (shaking head) white people problems... For the record, I have no problem with the Confederate flag, despite being from Northern NJ. You see the Confederacy lost, they no longer exist, and haven't for 170 years or so. Not really a threat anymore, unless you run into the Duke boys...