Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

Recession

Washington Post says the word 2x on it's online front page today. A paper owned by Bezos, no less.   Anyway, get ready for it, the DNC has released the next buzzword.

When Obama took over, he wasn’t blamed for the unemployment. Nobody was stupid enough to think it was his fault. Unemployment and the economy are in bad shape because of the Chinavirus. Any fool can see that. Yet they want to blame Trump for it. 

in like 12 to 18 months, there will be so many foreclosed houses on the market it is going to be big trouble. Way to many people lost their jobs, the gubment can't support them forever

15% of restaurants have closed.  More to come. That’s a lot of jobs. 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

in like 12 to 18 months, there will be so many foreclosed houses on the market it is going to be big trouble. Way to many people lost their jobs, the gubment can't support them forever

What do you think the demographic of those people will be?

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

15% of restaurants have closed.  More to come. That’s a lot of jobs. 

Plenty will open up after this over.  The demand will dictate this.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Plenty will open up after this over.  The demand will dictate this.

Lots of people moving out of NYC and other places. Some are not coming back. Lots of Latin dishwashers are going to be looking for work 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lots of people moving out of NYC and other places. Some are not coming back. Lots of Latin dishwashers are going to be looking for work 

Well that's more to do with the policies of the city and state, not necessarily COVID.  I think COVID is simply proving this reality to people.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

What do you think the demographic of those people will be?

lots of crackers

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fleeing like roaches when the lights turn on. When leases start to come up, companies will downsize their space or move altogether. it's been proven a lot of it can be done from home

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When Obama took over, he wasn’t blamed for the unemployment. Nobody was stupid enough to think it was his fault. Unemployment and the economy are in bad shape because of the Chinavirus. Any fool can see that. Yet they want to blame Trump for it. 

This.

I think there is a good possibility of a recession and it is not Trump's fault. Except for the poor example he sets with masks I think he has done a pretty good job during the pandemic.

19 minutes ago, edjr said:

I hope so. I would like to buy 3 or 4. 

6 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

This.

I think there is a good possibility of a recession and it is not Trump's fault. Except for the poor example he sets with masks I think he has done a pretty good job during the pandemic.

He’s come around on the masks. Meanwhile, Biden wants a federal mandate that you have to wear one outside. Even when camping by yourself I guess. And mowing the lawn. So stupid. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He’s come around on the masks. Meanwhile, Biden wants a federal mandate that you have to wear one outside. Even when camping by yourself I guess. And mowing the lawn. So stupid. 

Joe Hiden. :d

We’re doing better than Germany and the rest of the euro zone. And money keeps getting pumped into our stock market.  But Trump is Hitler. 

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

We’re headed for a global financial depression.

100%  it's unavoidable.  We print money like it's free. it can't continue.  Things may never recover to what we just had, if it does it will be years. 

Retail sales are back to pre pandemic levels. Lots of TV’s Being  bought. Auto sales are still behind, which makes sense. People just aren’t driving. 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

100%  it's unavoidable.  We print money like it's free. it can't continue.  Things may never recover to what we just had, if it does it will be years. 

If we re-elect Trump, it'll be fixed before his term is up... if we elect Harris, we're screwed for decades.

49 minutes ago, edjr said:

lots of crackers

I agree... but the media will make it out to be that it's primarily black people, when that next election rolls around.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If we re-elect Trump, it'll be fixed before his term is up... if we elect Harris, we're screwed for decades.

I guess it can be fixed in 4 years. I still don't see any recovery for large building owners. Businesses will flee and they will have no choice but to drop the rent significantly 

Problem is the people still demanding we shut down. To hell with peoples businesses. All they care about is being scared and want everyone to listen to them 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

I guess it can be fixed in 4 years. I still don't see any recovery for large building owners. Businesses will flee and they will have no choice but to drop the rent significantly 

You think so?  Maybe it'll be worse than I thought it would be.  I don't doubt it.

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Problem is the people still demanding we shut down. To hell with peoples businesses. All they care about is being scared and want everyone to listen to them 

They need people to be dependent on the government.

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

ALL they talk about at FBG is shut down this, shut down that.  I push back on them for this constantly but that's the narrative there.

Use contact tracing so we can determine what to shut down.   That's how they think. I  mean it's the very first thing that they think of with this

I've been spending money like a drunken sailor. I paid off all of my bills except for utilities and an equity loan. I've been expanding my watch collection, buying gun parts, and all sorts of schit. I'm doing my part to keep the economy going.

I'm going to divide my next Chinabug check from President Trump and put it in the kids savings accounts.

This is the best pandemic ever.