kozmiq

Do you believe in God ?

Obviously, it's not a person but do you think there's something there that listens to your prayers and acts upon them.

Something that decides on good from bad (whatever the heck that is).

And as importantly, a Heaven and Hell (whatever the heck they are).

Do you believe in God ?

No. I don't pray and I'm not 'spiritual'.

IF I were in the US, and had free time on Sundays, I would join a church though. I like the community aspects, respect the historical and social role the church has played, respect the ethics and values, think having my kids get Biblical literacy would be OK, and maybe it's a vaccination for my kids against the Cult Wokeness.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

God is the adult version of Santa. 

Pretty sure that is the Democratic party. And a large part of the pop does indeed worship them. 

1 hour ago, kozmiq said:

Obviously, it's not a person but do you think there's something there that listens to your prayers and acts upon them.

Something that decides on good from bad (whatever the heck that is).

And as importantly, a Heaven and Hell (whatever the heck they are).

Do you believe in God ?

Yep. Sure do. I’m a Christian. Seems to me the people who aren’t spiritual tend to be more unhappy with their lives. So much so they make fun of people who believe in God. Essentially projecting their own unhappiness onto others. 

Meanwhile, I do my best to be nice and respectful towards others. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Pretty sure that is the Democratic party. And a large part of the pop does indeed worship them. 

I appreciate your answer.  You just won me 10 bucks.  I bet my Sister that someone would try and turn this into a political discussion.  Thank you posty.

Btw, isn't it the Republicans that pander to the religious right.  I think so.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yep. Sure do. I’m a Christian. Seems to me the people who aren’t spiritual tend to be more unhappy with their lives. So much so they make fun of people who believe in God. Essentially projecting their own unhappiness onto others. 

Meanwhile, I do my best to be nice and respectful towards others. 

?? Some of the most unhappy judgemental people I know are religious. I'm all for anything that makes one a better person..if someone wants to believe in phantoms, or have imaginary conversations with themselves, and attribute every good thing that happens to a God, but every bad thing is excused...go ahead. Just don't make laws based on the fairy tale.

• Like 1

Just now, cyclone24 said:

?? Some of the most unhappy judgemental people I know are religious. I'm all for anything that makes one a better person..if someone wants to believe in phantoms, or have imaginary conversations with themselves, and attribute every good thing that happens to a God, but every bad thing is excused...go ahead. Just don't make laws based on the fairy tale.

Those aren’t real Christians. Most of us here actually are down to earth and don’t commit sinful acts and think “oh it’ll be excused I can do what I want”. Just like with any group, there’s gonna be people like that. Unless you give me a very good, valid reason I’m not gonna judge a person. Now some people, especially ones here, act a certain way so yea. Their actions speak for themselves. I feel like the ones who have to make a point of saying things like “believing in a phantom” are the ones that are unhappy and want to make others unhappy by making fun of their religion :dunno: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I have had a number of experiences where He has proved his existence to me. It all comes down to Faith, nonbelievers always question and challenge faith because they don’t understand.  When questioned about my beliefs my standard answer is 

For those with faith, no answer is necessary. For those without faith no answer is possible.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

I appreciate your answer.  You just won me 10 bucks.  I bet my Sister that someone would try and turn this into a political discussion.  Thank you posty.

Btw, isn't it the Republicans that pander to the religious right.  I think so.

So you don't like religion and think that it's not an important topic in an election year here in the United States? You don't like religious people or those who simply have a thought on it, and don't want their opinions on how it factors into the voting coming up? 

Is your sister on this site to understand the political focus these days here? Or are you simply cheating her out of a couple bucks?

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Those aren’t real Christians. Most of us here actually are down to earth and don’t commit sinful acts and think “oh it’ll be excused I can do what I want”. Just like with any group, there’s gonna be people like that. Unless you give me a very good, valid reason I’m not gonna judge a person. Now some people, especially ones here, act a certain way so yea. Their actions speak for themselves. I feel like the ones who have to make a point of saying things like “believing in a phantom” are the ones that are unhappy and want to make others unhappy by making fun of their religion :dunno: 

Lol my man I am far from unhappy. And I just said believe in what you want....despite so little actual proof...just don't want laws based on the religion you just happened to geographically be born in that was predominant there.

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Yes, I have had a number of experiences where He has proved his existence to me. It all comes down to Faith, nonbelievers always question and challenge faith because they don’t understand.  When questioned about my beliefs my standard answer is 

For those with faith, no answer is necessary. For those without faith no answer is possible.

Same. I’ve had quite a few experiences that make me believe. One occurred most recently. Like within the last month. If you truly believe, pray with all your heart, and are truly a kind, caring, good person he answers. Might not be how you want but he answers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Lol my man I am far from unhappy. And I just said believe in what you want....despite so little actual proof...just don't want laws based on the religion you just happened to geographically be born in that was predominant there.

Nah. Anyone who feels the need to make fun of others, especially about their religion like you, is unhappy. You may say you’re happy to others but your actions speak louder than your words. But I’m not the one you have to convince :dunno:

• Like 1

Just now, Djgb13 said:

Same. I’ve had quite a few experiences that make me believe. One occurred most recently. Like within the last month. If you truly believe, pray with all your heart, and are truly a kind, caring, good person he answers. Might not be how you want but he answers 

JFC this is what I mean. Pray and he'll answer but might be some other unrelated way so GOD Exists!! 

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

JFC this is what I mean. Pray and he'll answer but might be some other unrelated way so GOD Exists!! 

Prove God doesn't exist then.  So easy. :dunno:

Just now, cyclone24 said:

No ones asking you to believe us. Cause it’s obvious nothing ever said to you will convince you. But for you to feel the need to act like you do is the proof that you’re unhappy and want others to feel the same way :dunno: 

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Prove God doesn't exist then. 

Prove purple unicorns don't exist.

Just now, Djgb13 said:

No ones asking you to believe us. Cause it’s obvious nothing ever said to you will convince you. But for you to feel the need to act like you do is the proof that you’re unhappy and want others to feel the same way :dunno: 

lol not even remotely. I know its foreign that one could not be religious, be happy and actually be nice and helpful to others without this geographic religion guidance but I'm good. 

4 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

• Like 1

lol not even remotely. I know its foreign that one could not be religious, be happy and actually be nice and helpful to others without this geographic religion guidance but I'm good. 

No it’s not foreign. Some of my best friends are atheists. However, they never make fun of religious people. 

we get it. You don’t believe and nothing we say will ever convince you. But my question to you is if you don’t believe and aren’t unhappy then why do you feel the need to make fun of people who do believe? Especially people who do nothing to you except say they believe in God? 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Cute but jibberish. The onus is not on me to prove your God.

Here...give me 1 ounce of evidence of an afterlife without using a Bible verse. 

Just now, Djgb13 said:

No it’s not foreign. Some of my best friends are atheists. However, they never make fun of religious people. 

we get it. You don’t believe and nothing we say will ever convince you. But my question to you is if you don’t believe and aren’t unhappy then why do you feel the need to make fun of people who do believe? Especially people who do nothing to you except say they believe in God? 

for the 3rd time. Religious right has kept down and persecuted the gay community for basically ever, and is responsible for their inability to go to certain establishments, can't get certain services or are in general maligned. Sorry but that's some BS. 

9 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

for the 3rd time. Religious right has kept down and persecuted the gay community for basically ever, and is responsible for their inability to go to certain establishments, can't get certain services or are in general maligned. Sorry but that's some BS. 

Dude cool, but can we persecute the ghey community again.. pretty please?

17 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Why? If it's me that has a problem with purple unicorns and say they don't exist when others do, then it's on me to prove it.

So, stay on topic.

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I agree. I fully believe God isn’t that cynical to condemn gays just for who they love if they believe in him and actually live a good, honest life. There are things in the Bible that don’t align with Gods overall message. You have to remember, the Bible was written by man. Man could easily slip in things they believe (like being gay will condemn you and owning slaves is ok) after writing and translating it other the thousands of years it’s been around. 

I’m not getting angry or frustrated with you at all man so don’t think that. But I’m one of the progressive Christians that believe in common sense and logic. Which tells me that God says he loves us all so much he even sent his son to die for us. A love like that won’t condemn a person just because they love someone of the same sex. At least that’s what I believe 

7 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I agree. I fully believe God isn’t that cynical to condemn gays just for who they love if they believe in him and actually live a good, honest life. There are things in the Bible that don’t align with Gods overall message. You have to remember, the Bible was written by man. Man could easily slip in things they believe (like being gay will condemn you and owning slaves is ok) after writing and translating it other the thousands of years it’s been around. 

I’m not getting angry or frustrated with you at all man so don’t think that. But I’m one of the progressive Christians that believe in common sense and logic. Which tells me that God says he loves us all so much he even sent his son to die for us. A love like that won’t condemn a person just because they love someone of the same sex. At least that’s what I believe 

And I'm not upset with you either my man. If it makes you a better man I'm all for it. I know it saves alot of people in dark places so it does have value for some. 

My disbelief is just in what I posted. The concept is this afterlife awaits if you do as I say. Well what proof do we have that there is one thats not a bible verse?  Just seems like an important thing to want proof of if you're going to hitch your entire life wagon to it is all

13 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, but 5 minutes after some of that keeping down and persecution was lifted, all hell broke loose.  Now we have parents telling their 4 year olds that they're not their biological gender because they looked at a Barbie doll.  Sounds to me like they were doing us a favor.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

So what? In this country we are asked to tolerate and be civil, not to cater to and help build up opposing ideas or lifestyles. 

It's like saying if a vinyl record store opened up, and they choose not to include certain rap "artists" in their selection, then they are being racist or whatever the new offense is today. 

Last I checked, the government lives this everyday when they fight over shlt. 

And I'm not upset with you either my man. If it makes you a better man I'm all for it. I know it saves alot of people in dark places so it does have value for some. 

My disbelief is just in what I posted. The concept is this afterlife awaits if you do as I say. Well what proof do we have that there is one thats not a bible verse?  Just seems like an important thing to want proof of if you're going to hitch your entire life wagon to it is all

That’s the thing about it. It’s not about proof. It’s about faith. I know I won’t convince you. I just think it’s not right to constantly go around condemning people’s religion because you don’t believe in it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

That’s the thing about it. It’s not about proof. It’s about faith. I know I won’t convince you. I just think it’s not right to constantly go around condemning people’s religion because you don’t believe in it. 

Well I didn't start a thread poking fun at religion...so I'm not going around doing it. The thread asked if we believed or not. 

8 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yep. And he's the one complaining about it but can't disprove God. So....I'm wondering how the creation of humans and their consciousness came about. How the universe was created. Was there ever a prime mover to instigate it all or was it just forever that it existed. What is the concept of forever? 

How did the human mind grow into its current state? Why has religion or belief been around since the beginning to human thought? 

Meh, no God.  No nothing. It's simply that there is no God. Move on I guess is the attitude. :dunno: 

35 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

We readily accept things we cannot prove.  Do you love your father / mother / child?  You say yes?  prove it.

i believe there is something after life and no one knows what it is so going to church to attempt to bribe your way into a place I'll be as well is wasting what little time you have on this planet.