kozmiq

Do you believe in God ?

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I didn’t say they were. I’m saying they aren’t and what haven’t been the only ones. Oh wait, this is just an attack on one certain religion. Just say that then. 

Lol almost all religions are against. But yes primarily I'm talking about the one that geographically is dominant here that of course...is the one "true" God. Sure it is. 

17 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Lol almost all religions are against. But yes primarily I'm talking about the one that geographically is dominant here that of course...is the one "true" God. Sure it is. 

Let me know when the Christians in this country start killing them. Or calling for it. They just tell them they’re going to hell, and that’s the fringe.  

• Like 1

Yes. Absolutely. I do struggle with it at times but ultimately believe that God created everything and cares about me personally.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Fine then understand that people will think its delusional, borderline mental health issues if you base your life, time, and actions based off a concept you can't prove to a "god" you can't speak with or see. 

Again if it makes you a better person doing it? Great. Its weird.

I really don't give a fock what you think.  You came in this thread asking for proof of an afterlife, which you knew no one could provide, as though you were scoring some points.  Then you went full on Richard Simmons.  Between that and your gun-grabbing views, I'd say you're a mentally ill liberal weirdo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

I really don't give a fock what you think.  You came in this thread asking for proof of an afterlife, which you knew no one could provide, as though you were scoring some points.  Then you went full on Richard Simmons.  Between that and your gun-grabbing views, I'd say you're a mentally ill liberal weirdo.

How Christian. 

Actually I came in saying believe in whatever fairy tale you want, just don't make laws based on your delusion. Sorry about asking for proof...again...you want to base your life on something you have zero evidence actually happens? Cool. Weird and odd you think you have mental telepathy conversations with a "god" but you do you. 

Oh..and ill be voting republican like I have every election. 

9 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

How Christian. 

Actually I came in saying believe in whatever fairy tale you want, just don't make laws based on your delusion. Sorry about asking for proof...again...you want to base your life on something you have zero evidence actually happens? Cool. Weird and odd you think you have mental telepathy conversations with a "god" but you do you. 

The penal code in every State is based on the 10 Commandments.  Sorry, you fail to recognize that.  Yours were college freshman atheistic objections to the existence of God.  We've heard them before.  Hopefully your vote turns elections in your State or district in favor of the GOP, but your personal views are indistinguishable from MDC's.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

How Christian. 

We’re down to bathrooms in schools for transsexuals  and cakes as it concerns gay people in this country. Yet you portray that somehow the religious right has kept them down. Doesn’t look like it worked. 

41 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Roasted

To me, there are two steps. Most people skip the second.

The first step is what we are doing here... "is there a God?" personally, I see no evidence whatsoever that there is.

Now the second step, if you believe there is a God, is "is this God worthy of my love and worship?"

Most religions, even if they could prove the existence of their God, fail this step for me. Christianity, Islam, and Judaism for sure. You have an all powerful being, who supposedly loves us, but he let's us wallow in a world of suffering and misery. Kids get cancer. Natural disasters, evil men, disease, etc.

But fear not! If you have faith in totally illogical crap, praise and grovel for him your whole life, and give 10% of your income to his parasitic middle management, you can have bliss at his right hand for all eternity... In the next life.

It's so obviously a scam. The abrahamic God, if he exists, can suck my d!ck. I'll roll the dice with lucifer.

40 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

How Christian. 

I don't believe in God either, but why do you give a shìt?  It's very obviously irks you for some reason.

In general religion provides a decent set of rules to live by.  You might not agree with every one, but a whole lot of people are helped by believing in god if it's just to inspire hope.  It's a self-funded public service as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

To me, there are two steps. Most people skip the second.

The first step is what we are doing here... "is there a God?" personally, I see no evidence whatsoever that there is.

Now the second step, if you believe there is a God, is "is this God worthy of my love and worship?"

Most religions, even if they could prove the existence of their God, fail this step for me. Christianity, Islam, and Judaism for sure. You have an all powerful being, who supposedly loves us, but he let's us wallow in a world of suffering and misery. Kids get cancer. Natural disasters, evil men, disease, etc.

But fear not! If you have faith in totally illogical crap, praise and grovel for him your whole life, and give 10% of your income to his parasitic middle management, you can have bliss at his right hand for all eternity... In the next life.

It's so obviously a scam. The abrahamic God, if he exists, can suck my d!ck. I'll roll the dice with lucifer.

Dont forget the part where if you dont submit and beleive....doesnt matter how well you lived your life, you dont get in. But kill some people, find religion in prison....boom...youre in! 

I think its hilarious how bent they get when you merely ask for some...any..evidence of something they beleive or think will happen when they die. Its delusion. 

9 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Dont forget the part where if you dont submit and beleive....doesnt matter how well you lived your life, you dont get in. But kill some people, find religion in prison....boom...youre in! 

I think its hilarious how bent they get when you merely ask for some...any..evidence of something they beleive or think will happen when they die. Its delusion. 

Religion isn’t the delusion you should be worried about. It has no affect on you. But I guess when you get to call religious people stupid it makes you feel smart.  But it doesn’t make you look smart. 

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Religion isn’t the delusion you should be worried about. It has no affect on you. But I guess when you get to call religious people stupid it makes you feel smart.  But it doesn’t make you look smart. 

Oh come on. Even religious people call other religious people stupid. Mainstream Christians thing scientologists are morons for example. The only difference is that one set of bullsh!t was obviously written by a science fiction writer a few decades ago, while the other is lost in the mists of time.

I've found Christianity absurd since I was a teenager. But you really want it to hit you how absurd it is? Try explaining Christianity to someone who knows absolutely nothing about it. Someone who wasn't raised in a culture steeped in it.

When I first moved here, I had a Chinese person ask me about it. To explain the "story." So I told him about Adam and eve, the serpent, Cain and abel, Abraham, Moses... Then we get to the part where God... The arbiter of what is sin... Decides to free mankind of sin... By knocking up a chick and sacrificing the child to himself and becoming some weird schizophrenic trinity.

I was raised in the Baptist and methodist churches. I know the Bible pretty damn well. But Cmon, the story is just a Mish mash of utterly illogical horsesh!t.

If that is God, God has some serious mental issues.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Oh come on. Even religious people call other religious people stupid. Mainstream Christians thing scientologists are morons for example. The only difference is that one set of bullsh!t was obviously written by a science fiction writer a few decades ago, while the other is lost in the mists of time.

I've found Christianity absurd since I was a teenager. But you really want it to hit you how absurd it is? Try explaining Christianity to someone who knows absolutely nothing about it. Someone who wasn't raised in a culture steeped in it.

When I first moved here, I had a Chinese person ask me about it. To explain the "story." So I told him about Adam and eve, the serpent, Cain and abel, Abraham, Moses... Then we get to the part where God... The arbiter of what is sin... Decides to free mankind of sin... By knocking up a chick and sacrificing the child to himself and becoming some weird schizophrenic trinity.

I was raised in the Baptist and methodist churches. I know the Bible pretty damn well. But Cmon, the story is just a Mish mash of utterly illogical horsesh!t.

If that is God, God has some serious mental issues.

I’m not arguing the absurdity of it. I’m just saying that we have arrived at a point in this country that religion doesn’t play a role in your life unless you want it to. So the continued ridiculing of it is not about getting it out of your life, it’s about feeling superior. If you were pointing your  finger in  the eye of religion when it held power, ridiculing it would serve a purpose. This will be another election when it’s mentioned even less than the one before. It’s a sideshow at best now 

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m not arguing the absurdity of it. I’m just saying that we have arrived at a point in this country that religion doesn’t play a role in your life unless you want it to. So the continued ridiculing of it is not about getting it out of your life, it’s about feeling superior. If you were pointing your  finger in  the eye of religion when it held power, ridiculing it would serve a purpose. This will be another election when it’s mentioned even less than the one before. It’s a sideshow at best now 

There is some truth to what you say. But I come from a different part of the country than you. In the south, it's less of a sideshow than it is up north perhaps.

We still can't buy beer on Sunday mornings. Prayer in school nuts still rear their heads from time to time. When I was growing up, youth ministers wandered the halls of my public high school handing out bibles and crap. Chicks seeking abortions are hassled. Ghey kids face a lot of grief, or at least they did when I was growing up.

Here's my thing... I don't go out of my way to antagonize religious folk. Hell, my wife would identify as a devout catholic (although it's more of a jungle superstitious form of catholicism, she knows next to nothing about the Bible or Christian doctrine). But on the occasions someone gets in my face with that nonsense I will quickly tell them to fock off.

Two years ago, before our wedding, my wife and I had to go to religious premarital counseling. Mandated by Phillipine law. So we went to meet with "pastor Joe" the quack leader of some bullish!t fringe church. He had sent us a shockingly detailed questionnaire, including sex life and religious stuff. I refused to fill it out. Fock him.

He immediately said he would not marry people of different faiths, so in order not to derail the whole wedding we had paid for, I dusted off my long lasped methodist upbringing.

He proceeded to lecture us on the Bible for three hours, telling my wife her role is to submit, and all kinds of crap. I had to correct him several times, as he misquoted the Bible numerous times. It's been a while, but I once knew that crap well.

by the time we left, I was irritated. I stopped my wife, looked her in the eye, and said 'between you and me, everything I just said... I don't believe a word of it. I have nothing but contempt for it. I do not want a submissive lapdog wife, I want one who uses her brain and calls me out when I fock up. Just so you know, I played that part to keep the trains moving."

Now when we are traveling, she likes to stop by a cathedral here or there to grovel and genuflect to the sky daddy. Cathedrals are often places of architectural and or historical significance, so I'm happy to oblige. Compromise and all that.

my point of all that... Religion is about two things. Money and control. That's it. It is evil and should be ridiculed by any person of sense.

And yes, that applies to Muslims, jews, Hindus, bhuddists, and all the rest too. I've been in all their houses of worship. Different decor, different customs, same bullish!t.

13 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

I very much believe in the Judeo-Christian principles of love, forgiveness and the Golden Rule.

This. Although with a tl/dr plodding twisting rant into my atheism, first.

God has a running 0-fer-lifetime record on the prayer answer request line  by me. In fact most all of those prayer requests were registered when I was a kid. Since it was always pointless, I gave up trying and these last 25/30 years or so God is 0-fer-0.

My childhood sucked. I was in a bad situation when I was a kid and I sure could have used some help, but whenever I asked for some, none was ever forthcoming. Still, when you're told your immortal soul is on the line, you don't want to give up trying. You take those warnings seriously, even though help never arrives, it's a long slow stressful process, a big struggle. I was already having to deal with a father who had an untreated GFIAFP-type mental disordered and was seldom employed. Then,  I had this equally useless God that I was supposed to pray to for relief only to be disappointed time and again and again when that relief never came.

It occurs to me that the reason all my prayers went unanswered is that either God doesn't exist or that I'm ultra low priority and not worth helping. I prefer the former explanation. The biggest reason that I don't get disappointed about not winning the lottery is because I don't play the lottery. I see prayer in terms of me use to buying fake lottery tickets but I stopped because I realized I would never win. I can deal with that. But if the religious folks are right and God is real to you,  then let me be crystal clear: God has proven beyond any doubt, that he doesn't give a sh*t about me. I have a (psychological) suitcase full of unheeded needy-child prayer request receipts. Real God or unreal, either way, prayer had been proven to be utterly pointless in my life. I got through my childhood and teenage years without any supernatural relief or help at all and a bunch of mental stress. I went in the Army, went to college, continued to strike out in life, moved to China, found my footing, got married, and got on with my life. No help. When I was a child praying for help, I got rolled over. Then when I prayed for more help, life backed up and rolled up on top of me, burnt rubber into my chest for a few seconds, then sped off. Rinse. Repeat. That's my experience with prayer. Roadkill. Disappointment. So, when I got older, I learned to stop wasting my time praying,  I took charge of my life, did by everything myself without ever praying, in this manner, I found happiness and success and peace of mind along the way. No help requested, no help received.

The last time that it occurred to me that prayer might be useful was fourteen years ago when my wife was pregnant with my eldest daughter. She was required to stay in the hospital out of concerns that her pregnancy was ectopic. Now by this point, I hadn't prayed in many years, maybe now would be a good time. Then, I realized the absurdity or my predicament: the baby was attached very near the mouth of the Fallopian tube. If she was attached in the uterus, great; if in the tube, disaster. But where ever it was that she was attached at, a prayer would not move it a millimeter or three away from danger. And when had prayer ever done me a lick of good? Well, I had a lifetime of experience answering that question. So, I didn't get suckered back into the mental cage again. I did not pray, things turned out fine, and have not considered prayer at all since.

I use to get angry about this half a lifetime's worth of unanswered prayer requests. I was a child, my life sucked, I really could have used some help. Didn't get any. Now that I'm an adult and I don't need any help, I don't send any requests. Again, it's my experience there isn't an entity answering the phone who gives a sh*t. My reasoning for that is that this entity doesn't exist. I absolutely reached out. I tried.

I still do recognize there's still worth in religion even if there's nobody answering the prayer phone. Living your life in accords with these principles keeps your head on straight and out of trouble which is it's own reward. And if it helps prevent you from getting Woke, this evil non-theistic cult religion, great. Even better. But fock prayer. Utterly useless. I am so done with that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

This. Although with a tl/dr plodding twisting rant into my atheism, first.

God has a running 0-fer-lifetime record on the prayer answer request line  by me. In fact most all of those prayer requests were registered when I was a kid. Since it was always pointless, I gave up trying and these last 25/30 years or so God is 0-fer-0.

My childhood sucked. I was in a bad situation when I was a kid and I sure could have used some help, but whenever I asked for some, none was ever forthcoming. Still, when you're told your immortal soul is on the line, you don't want to give up trying. You take those warnings seriously, even though help never arrives, it's a long slow stressful process, a big struggle. I was already having to deal with a father who had an untreated GFIAFP-type mental disordered and was seldom employed. Then,  I had this equally useless God that I was supposed to pray to for relief only to be disappointed time and again and again when that relief never came.

It occurs to me that the reason all my prayers went unanswered is that either God doesn't exist or that I'm ultra low priority and not worth helping. I prefer the former explanation. The biggest reason that I don't get disappointed about not winning the lottery is because I don't play the lottery. I see prayer in terms of me use to buying fake lottery tickets but I stopped because I realized I would never win. I can deal with that. But if the religious folks are right and God is real to you,  then let me be crystal clear: God has proven beyond any doubt, that he doesn't give a sh*t about me. I have a (psychological) suitcase full of unheeded needy-child prayer request receipts. Real God or unreal, either way, prayer had been proven to be utterly pointless in my life. I got through my childhood and teenage years without any supernatural relief or help at all and a bunch of mental stress. I went in the Army, went to college, continued to strike out in life, moved to China, found my footing, got married, and got on with my life. No help. When I was a child praying for help, I got rolled over. Then when I prayed for more help, life backed up and rolled up on top of me, burnt rubber into my chest for a few seconds, then sped off. Rinse. Repeat. That's my experience with prayer. Roadkill. Disappointment. So, when I got older, I learned to stop wasting my time praying,  I took charge of my life, did by everything myself without ever praying, in this manner, I found happiness and success and peace of mind along the way. No help requested, no help received.

The last time that it occurred to me that prayer might be useful was fourteen years ago when my wife was pregnant with my eldest daughter. She was required to stay in the hospital out of concerns that her pregnancy was ectopic. Now by this point, I hadn't prayed in many years, maybe now would be a good time. Then, I realized the absurdity or my predicament: the baby was attached very near the mouth of the Fallopian tube. If she was attached in the uterus, great; if in the tube, disaster. But where ever it was that she was attached at, a prayer would not move it a millimeter or three away from danger. And when had prayer ever done me a lick of good? Well, I had a lifetime of experience answering that question. So, I didn't get suckered back into the mental cage again. I did not pray, things turned out fine, and have not considered prayer at all since.

I use to get angry about this half a lifetime's worth of unanswered prayer requests. I was a child, my life sucked, I really could have used some help. Didn't get any. Now that I'm an adult and I don't need any help, I don't send any requests. Again, it's my experience there isn't an entity answering the phone who gives a sh*t. My reasoning for that is that this entity doesn't exist. I absolutely reached out. I tried.

I still do recognize there's still worth in religion even if there's nobody answering the prayer phone. Living your life in accords with these principles keeps your head on straight and out of trouble which is it's own reward. And if it helps prevent you from getting Woke, this evil non-theistic cult religion, great. Even better. But fock prayer. Utterly useless. I am so done with that.

Sure, people living their lives by notions of love and forgiveness and fairness is a good thing. It's even better when they do it because they rationally believe it is the best way, and not because sky tyrant will barbecue their soul for eternity if they don't.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

I don't believe in God either, but why do you give a shìt?  It's very obviously irks you for some reason.

In general religion provides a decent set of rules to live by.  You might not agree with every one, but a whole lot of people are helped by believing in god if it's just to inspire hope.  It's a self-funded public service as far as I'm concerned.

This. 

I use to be angry about the stress I went through but I've long since made peace with it all and now recognize the cultural value of religion. The teachings are still worth living your life by by even though I find prayer useless and don't believe the afterlife exists.

18 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

nope, but I defend your right to

Yea this for me.  If it works for you that is good.  I dont believe however. 

If it works for you, that's great, please keep it to yourself.

10 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

How Christian. 

What laws are you talking about? Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not steal. I’m confused. Your posts show your bigotry and complete lack of knowledge of the christian religion.

you are obviously and angry unhappy person, what you believe in does not seem to be working. God is there for you.

For those with faith, no answer is necessary. For those without faith no answer is possible. Thomas Aquinas

I don't know.

Somehow we got here.  The roads. The road signs. The hills. The ducks. The metal. The paper. The skin. Eyeballs. Doctors. Beer.

Rewind. No cell phones. Rewind further. No cars. Rewind further. No paved roads. Rewind further. And further. And further.

Everything...got here from the start of something.   It's mind blowing when you think of it.  One thing I always say when someone says "ghosts can't be real" --I say "Explain how we got here"
They are usually like "huh? What do you mean?"  I end up saying..."the fact you are here and I am here walking on roads with signs and trees and dogs and etc-- you think that's all normal ---you don't have a concrete explanation to any of it.... yet you dismiss the idea ghosts that easily? The craziest thing...more so than balancing a broomstick vertically or a hail mary or full court shot or anything that you think is one in a million. .... is the fact we are here."

So yeah. I don't know.  I go to church on occasion. (Weddings/baptisms, etc).  Don't have a problem with it. I don't have a problem with others that go. 

I do think that --- the "church" part... is...maybe a bit...well. I think you can pray to whoever and whatever it is that you want to believe in (God, Judah, Buddah, the sun, the moon, etc) from anywhere. 

I think "church" for the most part is a way to generate revenue.  Its big business.

Anyway...the fact I'm "alive and here" and sitting in front of a computer and keyboard ....when you think about it...is mind boggling. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I don't know.

Somehow we got here.  The roads. The road signs. The hills. The ducks. The metal. The paper. The skin. Eyeballs. Doctors. Beer.

Rewind. No cell phones. Rewind further. No cars. Rewind further. No paved roads. Rewind further. And further. And further.

Everything...got here from the start of something.   It's mind blowing when you think of it.  One thing I always say when someone says "ghosts can't be real" --I say "Explain how we got here"
They are usually like "huh? What do you mean?"  I end up saying..."the fact you are here and I am here walking on roads with signs and trees and dogs and etc-- you think that's all normal ---you don't have a concrete explanation to any of it.... yet you dismiss the idea ghosts that easily?"

So yeah. I don't know.  I go to church on occasion. (Weddings/baptisms, etc).  Don't have a problem with it. I don't have a problem with others that go. 

I do think that --- the "church" part... is...maybe a bit...well. I think you can pray to whoever and whatever it is that you want to believe in (God, Judah, Buddah, the sun, the moon, etc) from anywhere. 

I think "church" for the most part is a way to generate revenue.  Its big business.

Anyway...the fact I'm "alive and here" and sitting in front of a computer and keyboard ....when you think about it...is mind boggling. 

Your post is pretty much where I'm at.  I've always questioned how everything started and been amazed by the universe.

2 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

What laws are you talking about? Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not steal. I’m confused. Your posts show your bigotry and complete lack of knowledge of the christian religion.

you are obviously and angry unhappy person, what you believe in does not seem to be working. God is there for you.

For those with faith, no answer is necessary. For those without faith no answer is possible. Thomas Aquinas

Thought it was pretty obvious I'm talking about discriminatory laws that have prevented equality issues for decades. 

Again..nope I'm good.  Look while you thought I was unhappy all day yesterday about this I went fishing most of the day. I helped my daughter run softball practice. I took back two people's carts at the store that weren't mine for them. I messaged my neighbors who helped straighten up our house after a storm that im making them all dinner Wednesday night. I'm the least angry or stressed out person on the planet.

I like everybody man...i also do like a good debate. Said numerous times if it makes you better...cool. 

23 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Thought it was pretty obvious I'm talking about discriminatory laws that have prevented equality issues for decades. 

Again..nope I'm good.  Look while you thought I was unhappy all day yesterday about this I went fishing most of the day. I helped my daughter run softball practice. I took back two people's carts at the store that weren't mine for them. I messaged my neighbors who helped straighten up our house after a storm that im making them all dinner Wednesday night. I'm the least angry or stressed out person on the planet.

I like everybody man...i also do like a good debate. Said numerous times if it makes you better...cool. 

How is it discrimination if someone says, hey, that's against my religion, but, I know people so let me help you find someone who will do that for you? 

It's not. Didn't chik fil a go down this road where the libs hated them because they have Christian values?

Capitalism is awesome because where there is need or a want, there are people who will provide. If some business doesn't provide what you want, then there is always somewhere else that will.

• Like 1

I go to mass a few times a year and we send our kids to Catholic school.

I am agnostic and am not sure what I believe.

14 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

How is it discrimination if someone says, hey, that's against my religion, but, I know people so let me help you find someone who will do that for you? 

It's not. Didn't chik fil a go down this road where the libs hated them because they have Christian values?

Capitalism is awesome because where there is need or a want, there are people who will provide. If some business doesn't provide what you want, then there is always somewhere else that will.

Lol you're comparing chik fil a not sending side money to places funding them to not allowing people to patron a business. Chik fil a didnt refuse service. Not even on the same planet.

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Lol you're comparing chik fil a not sending side money to places funding them to not allowing people to patron a business. Chik fil a didnt refuse service. Not even on the same planet.

The business did above and beyond their job. They helped the customers get what they want even though they couldn't provide it. End of story.

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

The business did above and beyond their job. They helped the customers get what they want even though they couldn't provide it. End of story.

No not really. I want my truck repaired by Bob's repair, he's the best.  Bobs repair says "I don't like white people, I don't serve you people but here...here's a repair shop you didn't ask for that will do it who likes you white people".

Thats what you are saying is acceptable and its not. Courts even said so...

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/court-rules-against-oregon-bakers-who-refused-make-gay-wedding-n833321

14 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

No not really. I want my truck repaired by Bob's repair, he's the best.  Bobs repair says "I don't like white people, I don't serve you people but here...here's a repair shop you didn't ask for that will do it who likes you white people".

Thats what you are saying is acceptable and its not. Courts even said so...

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/court-rules-against-oregon-bakers-who-refused-make-gay-wedding-n833321

You sure?

The Kleins then filed an appeal to the United States Supreme Court. In June 2019, the Supreme Court granted the writ of certiorari and vacated the standing ruling by the Oregon Appeals Court, requiring that court to rehear the case in the light of the Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission decision in 2018.

Ooof

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You sure?

The Kleins then filed an appeal to the United States Supreme Court. In June 2019, the Supreme Court granted the writ of certiorari and vacated the standing ruling by the Oregon Appeals Court, requiring that court to rehear the case in the light of the Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission decision in 2018.

Ooof

Ooof have they reheard it? No?

Still stands. But hey..discriminate based on religion...how cool.

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

What discriminatory laws were legislated and passed by Christians, which ones never passed. A good debater uses facts not general assumptions. And please don’t go way back in time because morals, values and society was very different then and we can’t really understand the mind set and culture of that time. Slavery was once accepted world wide, as humans we evolve and grow.

BTW: Throughout history Christians have been enslaved, murdered, tortured, and driven from their homeland because of their beliefs but we survived and we are still here. Christians are members of all races and we all seem to get along.

10 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

...because sky tyrant will barbecue their soul for eternity if they don't. 

This is paganism, where one prays to a god in an appeal to placate wrath or gain an outcome.  If a couple was having trouble creating a baby, for instance, they felt they had committed some infraction that had brought them some sort of unrighteous verdict.  So, they would offer a sacrifice and a plea to the goddess of fertility for vindication.  If they conceived a child, they believed their plea had been heard and their sacrifice had been deemed pleasing.  As in all cult(ure)s, that particular formula would be passed along to others in an equal predicament.  If conception didn't occur, so too would the method be expressed to others, and they would live their lives as judged not being righteous enough to gain the favor of the goddess.  The same was done with the rain god, the god of whatever this, and whatever that.  Paganism and Platonism.  Unfortunately, the paganism of centuries of worship creeps into every religion, including Christianity.  One mistranslated word in Rom 3:25 entirely changes the notion of the King James Bible about the God of the bible to just another pagan god.  Four centuries later, and with every literary translation tool available to change it (to include a correct translation in Heb 9:25), we still hear the same "angry god that required a sacrifice to appease his wrath" story that was told of all the other Greek gods.  If you are able and of the mind, read Lev 16.  There are 2 goats involved.  One dies, one doesn't.  Then, apply the shadow to Rom 3:25 in light of Exo 25:22.  That is the story of the bible.  One word changed it all.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Ooof have they reheard it? No?

Since there is already a previous ruling in the Cakeshop vs Colorado I think it's safe to assume the Klein's will ultimately win. And yes very cool.

54 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Not to give you more ammo for your argument necessarily, but the cakebakers likely have no issue baking a cake for the wedding of those involved in a second, or subsequent, marriage.  The "gays" could contend that scripture deems a second marriage after a divorce (if the first spouse is still living) is seen as an unlawful union, just as is the gay marriage.  Both are unrecognized as lawful unions, biblically speaking.  If I were to argue the case on behalf of the gay side, I would need only to prove that the cakebaker does, indeed, bake for unlawful marriages, they just discriminate as to which unlawful ones to which they choose to provide service.  The legal problem would be that the judge would have to utilize the bible as the authority to make the determination (which no judge would ever do).  Nonetheless, the hypocrisy of the cakebaker stands.  If he can bake for one type of unlawful union, he can bake for the other.