Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Who is you favorite breakout player this year?

50 minutes ago, weepaws said:

What do you expect from him this season? 

His value is in PPR. Right now his ADP is all over the board from #19 to # 30 RB. 
I am basing this on the notion that he did not fit the Cards Offense last year.

At a minimum
I am looking for around 53 receptions 525 yds

200 caries 800 yds

TDs are a crap shoot any where between 6 and 10.

the draw back is that we don’t know how they will use him and he has had injury issues but I think he has a tremendous upside. The guy is a great receiver Houston would be foolish not to utilized that.

I’ll say it 1000 times. Chark Chark Chark Chark.. Yeah, I know he kinda broke out last year, but mark my words he’ll be a top 5 Fantasy WR this year.  Minshew will be better (remember he was a rookie last year for gods sake), Chark proved he was legit and now going into his 3rd year, and JAX DEF will be horrid and playing from behind almost every game.  

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

His value is in PPR. Right now his ADP is all over the board from #19 to # 30 RB. 
I am basing this on the notion that he did not fit the Cards Offense last year.

At a minimum
I am looking for around 53 receptions 525 yds

200 caries 800 yds

TDs are a crap shoot any where between 6 and 10.

the draw back is that we don’t know how they will use him and he has had injury issues but I think he has a tremendous upside. The guy is a great receiver Houston would be foolish not to utilized that.

I think he’s going to be a very good fit for the Texans. Hard not to see him getting 240 plus rushing att,  plus those 40 plus rec.  

i think he could reach ten tds total this season, I like him as a late rb1 in non ppr. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I’ll say it 1000 times. Chark Chark Chark Chark.. Yeah, I know he kinda broke out last year, but mark my words he’ll be a top 5 Fantasy WR this year.  Minshew will be better (remember he was a rookie last year for gods sake), Chark proved he was legit and now going into his 3rd year, and JAX DEF will be horrid and playing from behind almost every game.  

What happen to him during the second half is what I’m still wavering, he was pretty awfull non ppr , six of his last seven games he scored less then 8 points.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Where do you see him ending up, a wr2 or wr1? 

I'm thinking as a 2 but hoping as a 1

22 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

I'm thinking as a 2 but hoping as a 1

Thank you. 

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think he’s going to be a very good fit for the Texans. Hard not to see him getting 240 plus rushing att,  plus those 40 plus rec.  

i think he could reach ten tds total this season, I like him as a late rb1 in non ppr. 

Thanks. 

I agree, I was putting out the bottom line, his upside is tremendous.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

It's too bad he is the 4th option in that offense, or he might actually be a breakout candidate....

11 minutes ago, jrokh said:

It's too bad he is the 4th option in that offense, or he might actually be a breakout candidate....

That was what I thought when he was drafted.

Then training camp started, and we get a new tweet of a catch like this every day.

Obviously, I don't think he's going to remain the 4th option.  That's what "breakout" means--not some guy who was #7 last year potentially making it to #3 this year like the Ekeler or Murray nominations.

You don't keep this kind of talent on the bench.

He won’t be on the bench, the ‘Girls run 3wr all the time. Doesn’t change the fact he is the 4th option. Only way he breaks out is if coop, or Gallup gets hurt, or if your definition of breakout is being WR 30 with the occasional highlight play...

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

He won’t be on the bench, the ‘Girls run 3wr all the time. Doesn’t change the fact he is the 4th option. Only way he breaks out is if coop, or Gallup gets hurt, or if your definition of breakout is being WR 30 with the occasional highlight play...

Well, opinions vary, don't they.  That's why we have this thread.  But while we all have our opinions...

...only one of us is Axe Elf.

P.S.  Try to think of "bench" more metaphorically.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Well, opinions vary, don't they.  That's why we have this thread.  But while we all have our opinions...

...only one of us is Axe Elf.

I give thanks every day that I am not...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is certainly within the realm of possibility that Lamb has a OBJ-type rookie season. He has that type of talent and potential.

Cooper and Gallup will serve as a benefit to open him up, and Dak certainly throws a better ball than Eli did.

Drafting him in all leagues as an upside play.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if by the end of the season Amari Cooper was the 3rd best WR on the Cowboys.

Gallup is the real deal and so is Lamb. Both of them have a lot of room for improvement.

I'm not sure Cooper is going to get a lot better than he is now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrG said:

Lamb will earn his way on the field

this year

Lamb will be on the field this year, from day 1. The Cowboys use 3wr as part of Kellen Moore’s basic offensive sets. Think about what Randall Cobb did last year, and lamb is better than Cobb. Regardless, Lamb is worth drafting, and in Dynasty should be a top 5 pick. Will he be a breakout fantasy star this year? I doubt it. Next year when the ‘girls let Gallup walk because they can’t pay him Lamb will shine.

2 hours ago, stonewall said:

It is certainly within the realm of possibility that Lamb has a OBJ-type rookie season. He has that type of talent and potential.

Cooper and Gallup will serve as a benefit to open him up, and Dak certainly throws a better ball than Eli did.

Drafting him in all leagues as an upside play.

That’s what you said about McLauren last year after he had those few really good games, and while he was still good he was nowhere near OBJ rookie year. I would find a more realistic comparison. Or maybe on the 10th try you’ll finally hit on one :)

Interesting when you look at last seasons numbers, avg points per game , Cooper and Gallup ties, I said I thought Gallup would better him last season, but I tie would be even so I wasn’t right, but I don’t know how some of you would call that, since you don’t think a tie is even, so any way.  

I think Lamb will be a wr4 with wr3 upside at times, much like Cobb last season, he’s not going to surpass either Coop or Gallup, I agree with the above post that Coop is at his highest level, but that’s been pretty good and that Gallup will be the wr1 over him this season, don’t see Lamb being much more than Cobb, he’s a better player than Cobb, so that’s going give him a upgrade, but can’t see him being some one you can trust at a wr 2or 3 weekly, unless their is a injury to Gallup or Cooper.  

Lamb is on my target list as a low wr3 or wr4, so either way I see him riding the ff bench in non ppr.  

I almost always go rb in my flex unless a wr on my team as a much much better matchup.  

Thanks  

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

That’s what you said about McLauren last year after he had those few really good games, and while he was still good he was nowhere near OBJ rookie year. I would find a more realistic comparison. Or maybe on the 10th try you’ll finally hit on one :)

Didn’t they change offensive schemes to more running mid season last year and that is when he dropped off? That is how I remember it.

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

Didn’t they change offensive schemes to more running mid season last year and that is when he dropped off? That is how I remember it.

That I don't remember. What I do remember is @stonewall suggesting he could put up an OBJ like season. Now he's doing it for Lamb. OBJ had one of the best rookie seasons of any WR of all-time, it seems unlikely to me that a team's 4th option will match it....

• Like 1

I don't recall making that comparison, but perhaps I did. After all, OBJ's rookie season is the gold standard. If I made that direct comparison, it was certainly an over reach.....but at the end of the day, for  a waiver addition, I was quite pleased with Scary Terry, tyvm. 

I actually said that it is "in the realm of possibility" that Lamb could have that kind of rookie season. I stand by that. He's a rare talent, in my estimation. Time will tell. In the meantime, just don't draft him.

I realize that it is a particularly slow "pre-season" here on the forearm.....but come on, man.

Edit: Found the post you were referencing. Hyperbole much?

"Was week 1 an aberration? Perhaps....but I'm always looking for that next OBJ, so I grabbed him everywhere I could."

Are we not all looking for that next OBJ?

4 minutes ago, stonewall said:

I actually said that it is "in the realm of possibility" that Lamb could have that kind of rookie season.

It's 'in the realm of possibility' that Margot Robbie will crab walk naked through my front door, but it's not bloody likely. For the record I'm a fan of Cee Dee, and I said as much in this thread that he should be drafted. Just stop with the OBJ.... 

10 minutes ago, jrokh said:

That I don't remember. What I do remember is @stonewall suggesting he could put up an OBJ like season. Now he's doing it for Lamb. OBJ had one of the best rookie seasons of any WR of all-time, it seems unlikely to me that a team's 4th option will match it....

Statistically speaking, it IS unlikely.  I sighed deeply when Lamb went to Dallas.

But he's DOING it.

As we watch.

He's the highlight of every practice.

Dak is playing for a contract, and the fastest way to 5000 yards is through Lamb's ability to turn a circus catch into a 40 yard TD.

Lamb is special enough to make the unlikely more likely.

36 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Practice? We talking practice???

I hope we can talk more practice and get more practice news, only way to know what’s going on.  

Thanks. 

QB- Sam Darnold- Better OL, healthy Herndon. I think Perriman instead of Anderson is a wash. I think he can be on the top 10 borderline. 

WR- DK Metcalf- dominating in practice, and worked extensively with Wilson over the offseason

RB- Ronald Jones- I think Vaughn won’t be too involved this year and he looked good when he had the opportunity last season. 

TE - Jonnu Smith- outside of AJ Brown I don’t think much of their receivers 

14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Statistically speaking, it IS unlikely.  I sighed deeply when Lamb went to Dallas.

But he's DOING it.

As we watch.

Dak is playing for a contract, and the fastest way to 5000 yards is through Lamb's ability to turn a circus catch into a 40 yard TD.

Lamb is special enough to make the unlikely more likely.

A lot of targets were vacated by Cobb/Witten. It’s not a stretch at all that Lamb breaks out and surpasses Cobbs production. 

36 minutes ago, Little Big Head said:

A lot of targets were vacated by Cobb/Witten. It’s not a stretch at all that Lamb breaks out and surpasses Cobbs production. 

Blake Jarwin will get most of the Witten targets. Regardless, considering the fact that Cobb was WR 44 in half ppr, it would be incredibly disappointing if Lamb didn’t surpass his production by a significant margin. Nevertheless, as I alluded to earlier, this isn’t the thread for which players will be useful in fantasy. The definition of ‘breakout’ is loose and fluid, but by any definition the WR 30 wouldn’t be considered a ‘breakout’...

43 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Blake Jarwin will get most of the Witten targets. Regardless, considering the fact that Cobb was WR 44 in half ppr, it would be incredibly disappointing if Lamb didn’t surpass his production by a significant margin. Nevertheless, as I alluded to earlier, this isn’t the thread for which players will be useful in fantasy. The definition of ‘breakout’ is loose and fluid, but by any definition the WR 30 wouldn’t be considered a ‘breakout’...

Your guess that Jarwin will get most of Wittens targets is what it is- a guess. Surpassing 55 828 3 by a “significant margin” as you put it qualifies as a breakout in my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, Little Big Head said:

Your guess that Jarwin will get most of Wittens targets is what it is- a guess. Surpassing 55 828 3 by a “significant margin” as you put it qualifies as a breakout in my opinion. 

Yes, this whole thread and the majority of all posts in this forearm are various forms of guesses, you cracked the code, congrats! If your definition of a breakout is to be a flex-worthy type player, not even in the top 24, then so be it. If Jerry Jeudy finishes as WR 15, to me that is a breakout. Lamb could finish as WR 36 and be a breakout by your definition. To each their own...

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Yes, this whole thread and the majority of all posts in this forearm are various forms of guesses, you cracked the code, congrats! If your definition of a breakout is to be a flex-worthy type player, not even in the top 24, then so be it. If Jerry Jeudy finishes as WR 15, to me that is a breakout. Lamb could finish as WR 36 and be a breakout by your definition. To each their own...

Well as you put it the definition of breakout is loose and fluid. I think Lamb has a good chance to go over 1000 yards and hit somewhere around 8 TDS, and yes by my definition that is a breakout. Where he finishes isn’t as relevant to me as his production even if the correlation Is typically there. You stated Jarwin would take most of Wittens targets as if it was a forgone conclusion. It isn’t. That why I pointed out it was only guesswork.  I think Lambs talent will push him to a prominent role possibly at the expense of targets to the other WRs and TEs. We all have our opinions hopefully you can express yours with a less condescending attitude. 

11 minutes ago, Little Big Head said:

Well as you put it the definition of breakout is loose and fluid. I think Lamb has a good chance to go over 1000 yards and hit somewhere around 8 TDS, and yes by my definition that is a breakout. Where he finishes isn’t as relevant to me as his production even if the correlation Is typically there. You stated Jarwin would take most of Wittens targets as if it was a forgone conclusion. It isn’t. That why I pointed out it was only guesswork.  I think Lambs talent will push him to a prominent role possibly at the expense of targets to the other WRs and TEs. We all have our opinions hopefully you can express yours with a less condescending attitude. 

Last year, DJ Chark had 73 catches for 1008 yards and 8td. In half ppr that was good for WR 16. So if Lamb does that we would actually be in agreement as far as breaking out. That is a far cry from Cobb's WR 44 finish. See the difference? Hopefully that was gentle enough for you...

48 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Last year, DJ Chark had 73 catches for 1008 yards and 8td. In half ppr that was good for WR 16. So if Lamb does that we would actually be in agreement as far as breaking out. That is a far cry from Cobb's WR 44 finish. See the difference? Hopefully that was gentle enough for you...

Who said that Lamb would equal Cobbs production? I’m saying he would significantly improve on that. You seemed to agree with that sentiment stating “ , it would be incredibly disappointing if Lamb didn’t surpass his production by a significant margin.” 

Sigh... Cobb was WR 44, if Lamb finished at Say WR 30 which I said originally that would be a significant margin. What you suggested would be akin to WR 16. That is a much different calculation. You see WR 30 isn’t really a breakout player, while WR16 is, get it? If not I give up trying, good luck with all that...

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Sigh... Cobb was WR 44, if Lamb finished at Say WR 30 which I said originally that would be a significant margin. What you suggested would be akin to WR 16. That is a much different calculation. You see WR 30 isn’t really a breakout player, while WR16 is, get it? If not I give up trying, good luck with all that...

I guess the issue is that I’m saying he can do better than WR30 and for some reason you seem to be thinking that’s his ceiling. Significantly improving on Cobbs production doesn’t necessarily equal finishing as WR30. Get it?

13 minutes ago, Little Big Head said:

I guess the issue is that I’m saying he can do better than WR30 and for some reason you seem to be thinking that’s his ceiling. Significantly improving on Cobbs production doesn’t necessarily equal finishing as WR30. Get it?

Oh I got it, you moved the goalposts. All you had to say from the beginning was You think Lamb is going to be a star from the jump and finish as a top 15 receiver and all of this could be avoided. It’s certainly possible it could happen but as the 4th option it’s far more likely that he is closer to 30. Never said that was his ceiling. Hopefully this clears things up for you going forward, but I am skeptical...

4 hours ago, Little Big Head said:

So you think that Lamb as a shot at scoring more non ppr points than Gallup did last season? 

With the Zeke still running the show , I don’t think Dak is good enough to support three WRs in the top 20. 

I think Dak at best can match his last season ff stats, but he won’t surpass his numbers from last season. 

So unless there is a injury to either Coop or Gallup I see a little bit higher production from Lamb then Cobb has last season, simply based on Lamb is a better player than Cobb. 

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

Oh I got it, you moved the goalposts. All you had to say from the beginning was You think Lamb is going to be a star from the jump and finish as a top 15 receiver and all of this could be avoided. It’s certainly possible it could happen but as the 4th option it’s far more likely that he is closer to 30. Never said that was his ceiling. Hopefully this clears things up for you going forward, but I am skeptical...

Never moved the goalposts, and I never said he would be a top 15 WR either. This is you putting words in my mouth. You arbitrarily picked 30 from 44 as his improvement over Cobb in .5 PPR. I don’t necessarily agree that he will be behind Gallup in target share either. If he stays healthy I think he will finish in the neighborhood of 65 1000 8, which isn’t a huge leap in Cobbs reception/yardage total. Not sure where it would rank but to me I would consider that a breakout season.