Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Who is you favorite breakout player this year?

Biased pick since I drafted him, but I'll go with Miles Sanders.  4.6 yards per carry, 50 receptions.... as a rookie.  Finished 14th among RBs, mainly due to lowly 6 TDs. 

Low injury risk, lots of receptions, efficient production, potent offense.....  what's not to like?   If Sanders doesn't finish in the top 10 I'll eat my hat.

14 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Biased pick since I drafted him, but I'll go with Miles Sanders.  4.6 yards per carry, 50 receptions.... as a rookie.  Finished 14th among RBs, mainly due to lowly 6 TDs. 

Low injury risk, lots of receptions, efficient production, potent offense.....  what's not to like?   If Sanders doesn't finish in the top 10 I'll eat my hat.

Expect for the hammy problem he’s carrying into the season. 

On 9/8/2020 at 8:06 PM, DEEZNUTS said:

DK Metcalf. This guy is a stud who is only  going to get better.  Faster than most people think, great rapport with Russell Wilson. No predictions on stats but I'd expect WR1 production.

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1296581801654140929?s=20

i like deeznuts opinion.  Metcalf screams superstar to me.  I was able to grab him as my #2 but I think we could be considering him as a top 5 in 2021 drafts.  Absolute beast and has been locked at the hip with Russ all offseason.

12 minutes ago, RepoPatrol said:

Rookie of the year will be James Washington. Jax was impressed enough to get rid of Fournette.

James Washington is a WR for the Steelers, and he isn't a rookie.

• Haha 1

I'm nominating Kerryon Johnson, the Detroit RB.  If KJ/Detroit can start decent (like 2-2) the schedule gets real soft and KJ could be the bellcow for as long as he holds up and Detroit has a shot for the playoffs.

44 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

James Washington is a WR for the Steelers, and he isn't a rookie.

Let's don't split hairs....

16 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I'm nominating Kerryon Johnson, the Detroit RB.  If KJ/Detroit can start decent (like 2-2) the schedule gets real soft and KJ could be the bellcow for as long as he holds up and Detroit has a shot for the playoffs.

ADP was decent last year, and is trying to break Emmit Smith's all-time rushing record. He has publicly stated this.  Do you really believe that he sits on the bench this season if healthy?

8 minutes ago, stonewall said:

ADP was decent last year, and is trying to break Emmit Smith's all-time rushing record. He has publicly stated this.  Do you really believe that he sits on the bench this season if healthy?

ADP will be the RB2 for Detroit while KJ is healthy.  ADP is clearly the veteran backup, signed cheaply.  ADP could not get a starting RB job.  The best he could get is RB2.

To me the ADP signing was more indicative that D Swift needs more time, which is kind of a good sign for KJ - meaning he has a little more time/advantage over the rookie than previously thought. 

So if KJ/Detroit can start strong they will ride him through the soft middle of Jax/Atl/Indy/Minny/Wash/Car.  There is a potential script for a good season for KJ, far outweighing his putrid ADP.

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

ADP will be the RB2 for Detroit while KJ is healthy.  ADP is clearly the veteran backup, signed cheaply.  ADP could not get a starting RB job.  The best he could get is RB2.

To me the ADP signing was more indicative that D Swift needs more time, which is kind of a good sign for KJ - meaning he has a little more time/advantage over the rookie than previously thought. 

So if KJ/Detroit can start strong they will ride him through the soft middle of Jax/Atl/Indy/Minny/Wash/Car.  There is a potential script for a good season for KJ, far outweighing his putrid ADP.

Interesting take. We shall see.

Personally, I am compelled to believe that ADP accepted the Detroit gig with the mutual understanding that he would get plenty of playing time, if producing. We all remember the stink that occurred with the Saints when he was left on the bench. In his mind, he is still da man, and must be treated as such.

Calvin Ridley, if you didn't draft this guy your going to kick yourself in the azz. I predict Julio will start to regress this season, or surprise get another foot injury,  and Ridley is gonna take off.

3 hours ago, RepoPatrol said:

Rookie of the year will be James Washington. Jax was impressed enough to get rid of Fournette.

Agreed.  James Robinson can potentially become Alfred Morris.  Too bad you slipped up and put James Washington.  Now people will ignore this golden nugget of information.

5 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

What about Peterson and Swift, they’ll just sit the seasons out? 

3 hours ago, Lions_slappy said:

Calvin Ridley, if you didn't draft this guy your going to kick yourself in the azz. I predict Julio will start to regress this season, or surprise get another foot injury,  and Ridley is gonna take off.

Until Ridley gets hurt. 

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

What about Peterson and Swift, they’ll just sit the seasons out? 

All teams carry more than 1 RB.  That RB looks like KJ.  The question is how much they mix in the other two.  The AP signing could signal Swift is not ready - Swift is a hurt rookie in an abbreviated camp year.  The AP role could be just the old veteran in the likes of Gore/McCoy.

My hope is KJ distinguishes himself in the first 4 games and could keep him in the dominating RB1 role through the soft part of that schedule.

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

All teams carry more than 1 RB.  That RB looks like KJ.  The question is how much they mix in the other two.  The AP signing could signal Swift is not ready - Swift is a hurt rookie in an abbreviated camp year.  The AP role could be just the old veteran in the likes of Gore/McCoy.

My hope is KJ distinguishes himself in the first 4 games and could keep him in the dominating RB1 role through the soft part of that schedule.

Only problem I have with this issue, is that Peterson looked a lot better last season then either McCoy and or Gore. 

Also the Lions did draft Swift, I’m not so sure they think K Johnson can stay healthy, he’s only played in 18 of 32 possible games.  

And I think they drafted Swift to be their rb1, but he’s been slowed by injury so far.  

Mmm. I don’t know. 

But thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.  

On 9/1/2020 at 7:35 AM, Canadianfan said:

Mostert RB1 potential available 5th-7th drafting him everywhere

Slayton WR1 skill set.   Drafting him everywhere late.  I have finishing top 10

Thielen.... Not a huge breakout but could lead the league in receptions 

Rodgers-  10-12 Qb off the board.   No girlfriend,  rookie QB drafted = big bounce back 30 plus TD year 

Not going to pat myself on the back......because other than Slayton these are not true breakouts.

but good start