jerryskids

I have Cancer :/ -- still doing well

I've been MIA for awhile myself and just saw this.Thoughts and prayers man.

18 hours ago, Gladiators said:

How are your wife and kids handling it?

Pretty well it seems.  Kids are older; I have 3 (24, 22, 19) and they know the fairly positive prognosis.  It just kinda seems like a bunch of crap I need to go through, then I should come out the other end fine.  Whether or not that happens remains to be seen, but there isn't a lot of stress in the air.

I expect that to change as the surgery approaches.  I couldn't imagine being in my wife's shoes for this.  I will be under the whole time, while she will have to sit there hoping I'm OK.

Surgery is tomorrow; expected to be under for about 9 hours if all goes well, shorter if less well.  "Well" means they got all of the tumor so they will do the same with the lymph chains on each side.  If they can't get all of the main tumor, they may decide not to take the lymphs out and treat everything with (presumably stronger) radiation.  Best case is I have some radiation as a precaution, but they get it all.

I passed the last Covid test (they really really don't want anyone with Covid in that place).  In about 1.5 hours I call a number and find out my report time.  Imma guessing early.

If something really bad happens my wife will probably come here and tell you, along with her can size (she actually mentioned it because she knows this place is juvenile, she is quite a catch!).

• Like 1

See above ten posts for my sentiment. I eleventh the motion.

I hope he gave his wife his sign in info so she can keep posting on the bored.  :unsure:

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

I hope he gave his wife his sign in info so she can keep posting on the bored.  :unsure:

He did,  He said we get first crack at her if he doesn't pull through the surgery.  I'm excited.  :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

He did,  He said we get first crack at her if he doesn't pull through the surgery.  I'm excited.  :)

We?   as in you and me?  :highfive:

• Haha 1

Holy F*ck.  How did I miss this thread.

First off, sorry to hear about the diagnosis.  Happy to hear it sounds like it's curable.

You're probably in Minny right now.  Praying your procedure goes well and you're on the road to recovery by tonight!!

I'm 2hrs away from you if there's something I can do for ya!  You got this buddy!!

16 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Surgery is tomorrow; expected to be under for about 9 hours if all goes well, shorter if less well.  "Well" means they got all of the tumor so they will do the same with the lymph chains on each side.  If they can't get all of the main tumor, they may decide not to take the lymphs out and treat everything with (presumably stronger) radiation.  Best case is I have some radiation as a precaution, but they get it all.

I passed the last Covid test (they really really don't want anyone with Covid in that place).  In about 1.5 hours I call a number and find out my report time.  Imma guessing early.

If something really bad happens my wife will probably come here and tell you, along with her can size (she actually mentioned it because she knows this place is juvenile, she is quite a catch!).

Ok good, at least we are being taken care of. Thank you for having your priorities in life sorted out. You got this, it’s gonna be fine.

You'll be just fine Jerry. We will see you back on here in no time at all.......unfortunately. :banana:

23 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Hope you’re out of surgery and all went great! Looking forward to your update. :thumbsup:

Hey all, the good news is I'm out and fine.  The bad news is I'm out too early, they couldn't get it all.  I haven't talked directly to the doc yet but wanted to let you know I'm recuperating well, in fact I may go home tonight, tomorrow at the latest.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Wow skids, have not been here in a while, but look at you garnering all this attention.  Best wishes to you. I’ll say a prayer for you and your family at my earliest convenience.  

Get some rest buddy.  Glad to hear you're doing OK.

How are they going to address the rest?  Meds?

23 minutes ago, BLS said:

Get some rest buddy.  Glad to hear you're doing OK.

How are they going to address the rest?  Meds?

I was offered some oxy but I'm not a fan and not in terrible pain so I've stuck with acetaminophen for now.  Maybe for sleep I'll ask for the happy juice, I'm oddly awake given my day.

Just now, jerryskids said:

I was offered some oxy but I'm not a fan and not in terrible pain so I've stuck with acetaminophen for now.  Maybe for sleep I'll ask for the happy juice, I'm oddly awake given my day.

I assume you wont know prognosis/course of care until later?

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The pain will kick in, don't deny yourself some relief Jerry. 

• Like 1