jerryskids

I have Cancer :/ -- still doing well

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Nope, happily married, you must be thinking of somebody else.  :dunno:  

BTW to all, I decided to enjoy the alcohol while I can, so last night I had one of my favorite drinks:  an old fashioned with a local bourbon (well, Prescott) called Thumb Butte.  I expect to have good wine or good whiskey every night until Monday.  Although I should work in a Negroni which I really like, except we don't have any gin at the moment, so we'll see.  :cheers:

Until you can drink again, I'll drink for you.  :cheers:

And on a serious note. I understand a little bit. Do you get a lot more to live for, and therefore to lose. All you can do is wake up every day and do what you can do. But this crap sure puts  little stuff in perspective no?

Find myself letting go a lot of stuff these days. Then wondering why the hell I carried it so f****** long.

God, I do anything to take your burden. But sounds like you got plenty of blessings to carry you through. 

Godspeed Buddy. 

On 9/22/2020 at 11:19 PM, jerryskids said:

I asked her this morning and she jokingly said she could sign up for her own account, and I said a loving NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!  :D 

Once upon a time, I posted a sentence similar to this one, at which point Gutterboy created that Mrs. Voltaire alias which promptly became much more popular than I was.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

And on a serious note. I understand a little bit. Do you get a lot more to live for, and therefore to lose. All you can do is wake up every day and do what you can do. But this crap sure puts  little stuff in perspective no?

Find myself letting go a lot of stuff these days. Then wondering why the hell I carried it so f****** long.

God, I do anything to take your burden. But sounds like you got plenty of blessings to carry you through. 

Godspeed Buddy. 

That's very kind of you, but we need you around here, so focus on your own health.  We should both be here years down the road telling the young whipper snappers to get off of our virtual lawn.  :cheers:

• Thanks 1

Here's ten hours of encouragement, maybe your surgeon will like it enough to play for you while you're being worked on.

To me it's more like CIA psychological torture from a black site like Bagram and I could only take about thirty seconds before I tapped out, but maybe you'll like it.

You're definitely one of the reasons I keep coming back here jerry.  We joined the same day back in 2001... crazy.  I hope to be postinf with you here for anothe 19 years bro.

Praying everything goes okay bro... and really... maybe just give a shout out to the Big Guy upstairs... hey... if he doesn't exsist... you're out nothing.  But... yeah.. in the off chance you ever need to call him your homeboy well.... 😁

I know it’s not French Cuisine but if you have a chance to get Atl Wings you should try them if you didn’t yet. I (er Um shotsup) mentioned them to you a while back. It’s odd because their locations are my town (1) and like 6 in Arizona. 

Anyway same sentiments as all. You da man Skids and we wish you best of luck and we know you will beat this. 

Well Jerry, 

man.  You may not remember, but about 7 years ago we talked on the phone about a leadership quiz I took.
You basically told me I was leadership material and that I was underachieving.  Since then I quit my job, quit my new job and found a great place to work and a big chunk of that happening was YOU; some dude I've never met, who inspired me and encouraged me to chase my dreams and get out of my toxic job.

I never really told you, because it didn't really manifest itself until a few years ago, but I'm doing great where I'm at.
You really influenced my choices and made a very positive change in my life buddy.  I got inspiration and guts from someone I have never met.

While I did the work, and chased those dreams, you gave me the guts to do it.

Which is more than any single person in this world did for me.

I know you have you and your family to deal with....so I don't want to monopolize your time.
But if there's something I/we can do, could you please let me know?

Are you coming back to Minnesota for this procedure?

Is there something, that we at the Geek Club can do for you or your family during this difficult time?

If not, that's cool.  There's no pressure to find something to appease our guilt.  But if I can do something....anything for you or your family....just name it.

Chris

• Like 6

On 9/23/2020 at 6:49 PM, Mike Isles said:

I know it’s not French Cuisine but if you have a chance to get Atl Wings you should try them if you didn’t yet. I (er Um shotsup) mentioned them to you a while back. It’s odd because their locations are my town (1) and like 6 in Arizona. 

Anyway same sentiments as all. You da man Skids and we wish you best of luck and we know you will beat this. 

I do remember you telling me about those, but unfortunately I never tried them and don't know that I'll have the chance prior to surgery.  But I'll put it on the list of things to try when I get my taste back to kinda normal.  Also I know who you are Tommy, but I appreciate the clarification in case I didn't.  😉

1 hour ago, BLS said:

Well Jerry, 

man.  You may not remember, but about 7 years ago we talked on the phone about a leadership quiz I took.
You basically told me I was leadership material and that I was underachieving.  Since then I quit my job, quit my new job and found a great place to work and a big chunk of that happening was YOU; some dude I've never met, who inspired me and encouraged me to chase my dreams and get out of my toxic job.

I never really told you, because it didn't really manifest itself until a few years ago, but I'm doing great where I'm at.
You really influenced my choices and made a very positive change in my life buddy.  I got inspiration and guts from someone I have never met.

While I did the work, and chased those dreams, you gave me the guts to do it.

Which is more than any single person in this world did for me.

I know you have you and your family to deal with....so I don't want to monopolize your time.
But if there's something I/we can do, could you please let me know?

Are you coming back to Minnesota for this procedure?

Is there something, that we at the Geek Club can do for you or your family during this difficult time?

If not, that's cool.  There's no pressure to find something to appease our guilt.  But if I can do something....anything for you or your family....just name it.

Chris

Wow, I don't know what to say.  I had a tear in my eye reading this post.  I do recall you scoring quite high on our equivalent of the Wonderlic which measures cognitive and problem solving speed.  

I won't be coming to MN for the procedure; our Mayo has one of if not the top ENT surgeons in the country, although the first, less-invasive surgery failed... good thing is he feels like he failed and he won't want to fail again.  One of the benefits of doing those personality assessments is that I can quickly tell that someone like my particular surgeon is hyper-competitive.  :)

Regarding how you all can help... you've all been so helpful already.  A big shout out to @DonS who has been extremely helpful and supportive throughout this, including kicking me in the butt to go see a doctor about my symptoms a few months ago.  :cheers:

• Like 5

not trying to hijerk, it's just not worth a whole f****** thread.

My doctor on Monday was cool. He's like, well if you want to be one hundred percent certain, we could take a corkscrew to your hip bones but...

Me:  No thanks.. Have a good week.

Doc: You too!

Done.

I hope you have the best doctors in the whole wide world man. Really pulling for you. Youre doing incredibly well. I bet your kids are so damn proud of you. 

We are.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2020 at 7:49 PM, jerryskids said:

That's very kind of you, but we need you around here, so focus on your own health.  We should both be here years down the road telling the young whipper snappers to get off of our virtual lawn.  :cheers:

Let's be honest, I was the last person who will ever post here below the age of 40

Really admire how you're handling things Jerry. You'll have to get some neck breather swag like this gentleman :P

17 minutes ago, naomi said:

Really admire how you're handling things Jerry.  You'll have to get some neck breather swag like this gentleman :P

Thanks.  Yeah, I’ve seen that guy, he is pretty boss.  :thumbsup:

Well, today is my last day with vocal cords.  Heading to surgery at 0-dark-30 tomorrow morning.  9 hours scheduled on the table.  

@Bier Meisteris prepared to get and provide updates.

This ish is getting to seem real.  😬

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well, today is my last day with vocal cords.  Heading to surgery at 0-dark-30 tomorrow morning.  9 hours scheduled on the table.  

You've got this!

So you'll never headline Carnegie Hall.  At least we'll still be able to work on the Stumpers.  :thumbsup:

Best of luck and hurry back.  :cheers:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Wishing you all the best!

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Sooooo will your wife be home alone then????

Joking of course.  Hoping for the best 

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Sooooo will your wife be home alone then????

Joking of course.  Hoping for the best 

She’ll be with Bier Meister, duh.  :o

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

She’ll be with Bier Meister, duh.  :o

:o

:banana:

4 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

You should make a tic tok video so we can remember your voice. 
Sing the cat song or Make up lyrics to the Shark Dance. 

How about WAP after the surgery?  Bound to be an improvement over that abortion of a song.

I've only listened to ~30 secs of it in the Disney WAP thread and I've heard more than enough.