Sign in to follow this  
jtztdm

Is Miles Sanders a top 20 pick?

Sanders is a explosive player and reminds me of Westbrook a little. With that said Pedersen likes to rotate his backs. Anyone think Sanders think he is worth drafting in the top 20?

Yes 

This one is gonna be a good one to look back on end of season.

I think there's like an 80% camp that think Sanders is gonna explode.  2nd round pick easy

I think there's a 20% camp that is still weary about him totally being 'the guy' 

I think I'm in the first camp but I'm also picking up Scott everywhere at a big discount 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

This one is gonna be a good one to look back on end of season.

I think there's like an 80% camp that think Sanders is gonna explode.  2nd round pick easy

I think there's a 20% camp that is still weary about him totally being 'the guy' 

I think I'm in the first camp but I'm also picking up Scott everywhere at a big discount 

I think if given the opportunity he will be a top 5 pick. I love his skills and I really think Pedersen will make him the spotlight of the offense. I pick #21 in the 2nd rd and I hope I get him.

1 hour ago, snatchit said:

top 20 ? I havent  seen him get past 14 for months doing mock drafts. Why is this a question ?

He is sitting at 17 on Fantasy Pros and 18 on Calculator.  I hear you though, his ADP is on the rise.

I think if you want him though, you gotta pull the trigger in round 1 to early round 2.

14 hours ago, jtztdm said:

Sanders is a explosive player and reminds me of Westbrook a little. With that said Pedersen likes to rotate his backs. Anyone think Sanders think he is worth drafting in the top 20?

I'd take him in the first round.  I have him ranked as my RB6 this year.

2nd year guy coming off a good rookie campaign, in a good offense, and catches the ball a lot to boot? Yeah I’m buying 

if you believe in the fftoday rankings and projections any RB ranked in the top 12-14 should be a top 20 pick.

fftoday has him ranked 11.

it is fair to assume he goes in the top 20.  whether that is a wise move (or not) remains to be seen.  I guess it depends on whether you believe in the current projections for him.

My answer is yes.  he will go top 20.  maybe top 15.

• Like 1

Every mock I’ve done non ppr he’s a late first or early second round pick. 

Darn it I was hoping no one else would catch on. 

Everyone else caught on the second Jordan Howard landed in Miami, and no replacement was signed or drafted....

I think he falls somewhere around that area.

I could see taking him about 20 depending on who you took before and who is available

Maybe not after today’s news. 

Just to play devils advocate as good as Miles Sanders was he also had 7 game were he posted these rushing averages well below 4.0 YPC

2.3, 2.8, 1.7, 2.0, 3.5, 3.5, 3.0

And although he closed the season on fire the last 5 opponents were Miami, New York Giants, Washington Football Team, Cowboys, New York Giants now that I’m looking at his game logs 

4 of his 6 total tds came in that span 

8 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

Just to play devils advocate as good as Miles Sanders was he also had 7 game were he posted these rushing averages well below 4.0 YPC

2.3, 2.8, 1.7, 2.0, 3.5, 3.5, 3.0

He also avg 4.6 yards per rush in his last nine games he played in last season.  

32 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Maybe not after today’s news. 

Yeah, i read Miles was mistaken for Corey Clement....stay tuned!

2 hours ago, DrG said:

Boston Scott the guy to get here IMO

Hes' been an afterthought mostly.   He was dropped in one of my dynasty leagues last week and I picked him up for $80 out of $1,000 budget.

Up to 3 Dynasty copies now.   Perfect end of the bench stash 

I would agree about Scott, I think he’s worthy of a high to mid rb4.  

8 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

And although he closed the season on fire the last 5 opponents were Miami, New York Giants, Washington Football Team, Cowboys, New York Giants now that I’m looking at his game logs 

4 of his 6 total tds came in that span 

That's when just about all of his numbers came, after he started being their main RB. Not uncommon for a rookie to take a little while to break in, especially on a team like Philly that seems to love rotating RBs. I think it's a good sign, that when they finally started playing him more and giving him the ball, he produced.

^ My point more so was that he has his biggest games against defenses that ranked 32th,  30th,  and 27th in points per game against 

The giants and redskins are in division and even Dallas isn’t scary and likely to be shoot out type games so maybe that’s not something to be concerned about but I found it interesting.

In the 3 games prior to that stretch he played Seattle, New England, Chicago

He went 12, 11, 10 rushes for 63, 42, and 36 yards and 3, 2, 3 catches for 31, 9, 23 yards and no tds 

this stat line was reproduced in the playoffs against Seattle with 14 for 69 yards and 3 receptions for 8 yards

My point here is that I think we have 5 game samples of Sanders blowing up against bad defenses and 4 game samples of him being solid but not league winning in matchups with good teams 

10 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

In the 3 games prior to that stretch he played Seattle, New England, Chicago

He went 12, 11, 10 rushes for 63, 42, and 36 yards and 3, 2, 3 catches for 31, 9, 23 yards and no tds 

this stat line was reproduced in the playoffs against Seattle with 14 for 69 yards and 3 receptions for 8 yards

My point here is that I think we have 5 game samples of Sanders blowing up against bad defenses and 4 game samples of him being solid but not league winning in matchups with good teams 

He also avg 5.1 yards per att vs the Seahawks in two matchups.  

I think we saw a player that was a rookie and under used, and now he’s clearly the rb1 on the Eagles.  

I wouldn’t under sale yourself on taking him.  

Now that Philly has lost two starting OL for the season...anyone ticking Sanders down in their rankings?

Wouldn’t be a smart move not to lower ones expectations of Sanders. 

Two oline starters is a tough one to over come. 

On the plus side, the Eagles ARE expected to start other linemen in place of the injured ones.

WeePaws...I was concerned after a lower body injury put him at week to week...now losing Brooks after already losing Dillard....thinking like you...wise to move him down a bit...

AssElf...I can see why no one likes you on this site...you bring nothing insightful...just wise ass comments since you're able to hide behind your computer...I'm sure the Eagles can easily replace a 3 time Pro Bowl RG...with "other lineman" Dillard isn't as severe a loss but continuity on the OL is a huge part of a successful run game and pass protection.

23 minutes ago, Pheagle said:

AssElf...I can see why no one likes you on this site...you bring nothing insightful...

It's hard to say why anyone likes anyone, really; the heart wants what it wants.

But with 4 "likes" in 160 posts (0.25%), you don't seem to be in a position to call out Axe Elf and his 275 "likes" in 2,952 posts (9.32%) for not being well-liked on this site.

Just sayin'...

On 8/19/2020 at 11:47 AM, weepaws said:

He also avg 4.6 yards per rush in his last nine games he played in last season.  

Is that good?

IMO that’s decent but nothing eye-popping. Especially if your point is to extrapolate those numbers.

8 hours ago, Pheagle said:

WeePaws...I was concerned after a lower body injury put him at week to week...now losing Brooks after already losing Dillard....thinking like you...wise to move him down a bit...

AssElf...I can see why no one likes you on this site...you bring nothing insightful...just wise ass comments since you're able to hide behind your computer...I'm sure the Eagles can easily replace a 3 time Pro Bowl RG...with "other lineman" Dillard isn't as severe a loss but continuity on the OL is a huge part of a successful run game and pass protection.

Agreed. 

5 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Is that good?

IMO that’s decent but nothing eye-popping. Especially if your point is to extrapolate those numbers.

Isn’t that good?

4.6 is decent...he's definitely more valuable in a PPR league though...went 50 for 500 and 3 TDs last year and I think you can add another 15-20 recs onto that for this year...Top 20 definitely...and close to Top 10 RBs in a PPR league

Call me skeptical but I think the risk outweighs the reward here with Sanders. He’s being drafted as a sure thing top 10 over other guys I much prefer like Henry, Jacobs, even Kenyan Drake. 

I think all 4 guys have about the same ceiling if all the cards fall right. But I give sanders the lowest floor of all these 3 so why is he being drafted consistently above them? He had just 1 single 100 yard rushing game last season. Sure he’s more valuable in PPR but I’m still not buying top 10. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Call me skeptical but I think the risk outweighs the reward here with Sanders. He’s being drafted as a sure thing top 10 over other guys I much prefer like Henry, Jacobs, even Kenyan Drake. 

I think all 4 guys have about the same ceiling if all the cards fall right. But I give sanders the lowest floor of all these 3 so why is he being drafted consistently above them? He had just 1 single 100 yard rushing game last season. Sure he’s more valuable in PPR but I’m still not buying top 10. 

Agreed. Thought top 10 was too rich before the injuries to the OL, now no way. Still in my top 20 though...

10 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Agreed. Thought top 10 was too rich before the injuries to the OL, now no way. Still in my top 20 though...

I’d even kick the tires on David Johnson who provides about the same upside for much cheaper than Sanders. Look at DJ’s PPR numbers before he got injured/benched. And he’s being picked 10-15 picks later...

Kind of reminds me of the Damian Williams hype from last year. It manifested out of control. I like Sanders a lot but I think we need to pump the brakes.