Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

the left slowly pushes to normalize pedophilia

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

where did you equate I have a problem with it or I don't think thats the answer? I was simply asking a question

I agree with the last 2 lines

You literally asked if only the "freaks" got their special time.  That's not exactly an endorsement boyo. 

2 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

You literally asked if only the "freaks" got their special time.  That's not exactly an endorsement boyo. 

are they not by definition freaks?

if they had bearded woman hour I would say the same

fully tatted body guy

14 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Duh. That’s not what I asked 

is there a fireman story hour? How about a scientist story hour? How about straight white male story hour?

why do the freaks of the freaks get their own special sh1t?

The answer is yes.  I have seen examples of Fireman story hour or around here they had a couple times a week where parents and volunteers come in and read to kids at schools and libraries.   So in discussions I've seen the question switches to if that's somebody's job, or they are volunteering why deny them if we are letting the other examples.    

To be clear, that is not my position.  I think it's fair to ask that about anybody being around kids, and I hope that we don't just let any profession in and we have the sense to cut it off before we get to Hooker Reading Hour.  

Just now, BuckSwope said:

The answer is yes.  I have seen examples of Fireman story hour or around here they had a couple times a week where parents and volunteers come in and read to kids at schools and libraries.   So in discussions I've seen the question switches to if that's somebody's job, or they are volunteering why deny them if we are letting the other examples.    

To be clear, that is not my position.  I think it's fair to ask that about anybody being around kids, and I hope that we don't just let any profession in and we have the sense to cut it off before we get to Hooker Reading Hour.  

if thats your position, then we essentially are already there, cause I really think Drag Queens are the equivalency of strippers

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

To be fair in many cases now to even enter a school you need to be completely vetted by showing your ID and getting it scanned in or in some cases you need to provide clearances and everything. 

Not 100% sure how public libraries work on all of this but it's not like the people are ever going to be alone with kids

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

if thats your position, then we essentially are already there, cause I really think Drag Queens are the equivalency of strippers

They aren't though. They are men (or women) who for some reason feel more comfortable dressing up as the opposite sex. Strippers- you know take clothes off for money

Rape is the only bad outcome for subjecting young kids to sexual kinks and actions. So hey, if they aren’t alone with the freaks and getting raped, it’s all good. They’ll downplay and make any excuse for this filth. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

They aren't though. They are men (or women) who for some reason feel more comfortable dressing up as the opposite sex. Strippers- you know take clothes off for money

ever been to a drag show? lots of clothes come off, money gets stuffed in their clothes

there are also non-full nude strip clubs where that occurs as well

to be clear I would not be ok with a stripper, fully comfortable dressed up acting all slutty reading to my kids

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

fully tatted body guy

In your opinion that's fine.  Like you already agreed to, just don't take your kids.

I certainly don't want to expose my kids/grandkids to these folk when they're young either.  Just like I wouldn't full body tatoo guy, etc. 

There's plenty of time for kids to learn about life like this. 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

ever been to a drag show? lots of clothes come off, money gets stuffed in their clothes

to be clear I would not be ok with a stripper, fully comfortable dressed up acting all slutty reading to my kids

I said last night I know absolutely nothing about drag shows other than what all of you seem to know and talk about...which is- you know....strange.

But in reading a book they probably aren't taking their clothes off in front of kids so it is a moot point anyway. 

Just now, Raven Fan said:

In your opinion that's fine.  Like you already agreed to, just don't take your kids.

I certainly don't want to expose my kids/grandkids to these folk when they're young either.  Just like I wouldn't full body tatoo guy, etc. 

There's plenty of time for kids to learn about life like this. 

I truly think thats what we all are saying leaving the kids out of it

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I think even the mildest form of drag queen story hour -reading something innocuous like Curious George without the fake body parts-  the drag queen is still normalizing deviant behavior and still involving children in their sex fantasy. And I do wonder what they're reading, I doubt it really is Curious George; my understanding is that the prefer controversial LGBTQ book with genderfluid characters instead. If they actually want to read Curious George because they want to help kids, they can do so dressed as a man. They don't need to confuse kids or require kids to affirm their femininity.

I'm on a federalism kick. I'd certainly expect red states and red school boards to protect kids by preventing their exposed to this. Meanwhile I realize that blue areas either don't care enough to stop it or else embrace this stuff outright. If blue area mayors and city councils embrace it and win elections doing so, that's their prerogative. Trying to pick up the sword to legislatively beat the blue areas into electoral submission means that when the worm turns and the shoe is on the other foot, they'll reverse things and beat us with it. The safer thing is just let the blue areas do as they like and allowing red areas to use legal measures to prevent drag queens that want to dress up in front of kids from doing so. We can go our own ways.

The first part is where we start to disagree.  I don't inherently think it's deviant behavior, and I don't think it means they are involving kids in a sex fantasy.   We largely agree on the examples even if we don't agree on the labels and intent.    

I was clear in my posts that it's not all of them, but I have clicked on links when people are posting about how bad these things were and seen a man dressed in what boils down to a business pant suit and reading a book on the lines of Curious George.  I was not at that event, all I can go by is the info in the article and there no mention of other things.  Perfect example to me of "who gives a crap".   Now, you are right that more often than not, it's mixed in with some encouragement about pronouns, or Drag names, things like that.    I wouldn't want that in the school, but then we move to one of my other variables and if it's at a library some other business (not a bar or strip club), then it's into the territory for me of who am I to police people and their kids.   I get the impression that we might disagree with that as well, largely because of our disagreement I noted in the first part of the post.  

I don't disagree with your sentiment in general, but it never really works out that way.  I think both of us would be fine if school boards or local areas discussed these things and let the people vote on what they want their lines to be for things like books in the library.  We both know that's not reality, and more likely it's just who shouts more at a school board meeting and who raises the most stink.  

11 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

fully tatted body guy

I've seen fully tatted biker guys reading books to kids or playing Santa Claus at Christmas time and all that.

Maybe judge the person and not the appearance? That is actually a good message to deliver to kids..

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

I said last night I know absolutely nothing about drag shows other than what all of you seem to know and talk about...which is- you know....strange.

But in reading a book they probably aren't taking their clothes off in front of kids so it is a moot point anyway. 

which I think is where the grooming comes in normalization of drags or strippers or anything sexual isnt good for kids

and drag queens are sexual, trans are not, I would be fine with a normal trans person reading dressed normal

10 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Yep, we disagree on that.  It's good to know what points we disagree on.  

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

I've seen fully tatted biker guys reading books to kids or playing Santa Claus at Christmas time and all that.

Maybe judge the person and not the appearance? That is actually a good message to deliver to kids..

my point was where the term originated, freak shows in the early 20th century (late 19th?) had things like I was listing is all

Wait, dressing as a woman in provocative clothing isn’t a sexual thing now? Lol. Some real doozies here. 

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

To be fair in many cases now to even enter a school you need to be completely vetted by showing your ID and getting it scanned in or in some cases you need to provide clearances and everything. 

Not 100% sure how public libraries work on all of this but it's not like the people are ever going to be alone with kids

That is correct.  I had to volunteer for a background check before coming in to read or helping with a hiking club recently.  

I don't know about libraries, but I would sure the hell hope something similar happens.  

13 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

ID's are racist poor black trannies dont know where the dmv is or how to use computers

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

which I think is where the grooming comes in normalization of drags or strippers or anything sexual isnt good for kids

and drag queens are sexual, trans are not, I would be fine with a normal trans person reading dressed normal

I really don't think the kids think of it in that way. And I don't think because a kid at 5 was read a book by someone in drag at 16 they aren't going to think it is weird to see a guy dressed as a woman. 

my point was where the term originated, freak shows in the early 20th century (late 19th?) had things like I was listing is all

And there were people back then who didn't look at them as freaks. This isn't a new phenomenon. And honestly calling them "freaks" showcases a prejudice against them right from the start.

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

ID's are racist poor black trannies dont know where the dmv is or how to use computers

Do you have a checklist in front of you that you are trying to cover?

9 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Would you be OK if one of the moms were a stripper, and wanted to come in and read to the kids and didn't act slutty?     I guess what I am asking is if the person's job is the disqualifier for you, or it's more that you don't think there is a way that a reading hour could be done by them in a way that wasn't sexual.

I have also seen different kinds of Drag shows as well.  Some are over the top and sexual, some are basically just dudes dancing in women's clothes.   It's not all the same.  

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

I really don't think the kids think of it in that way. And I don't think because a kid at 5 was read a book by someone in drag at 16 they aren't going to think it is weird to see a guy dressed as a woman. 

And there were people back then who didn't look at them as freaks. This isn't a new phenomenon. And honestly calling them "freaks" showcases a prejudice against them right from the start.

everyone is prejudice.  prejudice is not a negative word, its been a word that has been co-opted to mean something different.

I worked as a blackjack dealer, I prejudged every single person who came to my table for 25 years.  I based my approach because of previous interactions to someone similar.  For example dude comes to my table in a football jersey and backwards hat hes getting whats up bro.  thats prejudice. same guy might come to my table a week later dressed to the 9 in a suit, and I would be say "hows your night going sir"

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

Would you be OK if one of the moms were a stripper, and wanted to come in and read to the kids and didn't act slutty?     I guess what I am asking is if the person's job is the disqualifier for you, or it's more that you don't think there is a way that a reading hour could be done by them in a way that wasn't sexual.

I have also seen different kinds of Drag shows as well.  Some are over the top and sexual, some are basically just dudes dancing in women's clothes.   It's not all the same.  

I would be fine if a stripper game in in normal jeans and a blouse not all slutty yes.  just as I would be ok if a trans came in the same

don't sexualize it.  I wouldn't take my son to a drag reading hour though.  So I guess to me appearance is key

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

everyone is prejudice.  prejudice is not a negative word, its been a word that has been co-opted to mean something different.

I worked as a blackjack dealer, I prejudged every single person who came to my table for 25 years.  I based my approach because of previous interactions to someone similar.  For example dude comes to my table in a football jersey and backwards hat hes getting whats up bro.  thats prejudice. same guy might come to my table a week later dressed to the 9 in a suit, and I would be say "hows your night going sir"

You don't see how that is different than saying "Deviant freak"?

I would be fine if a stripper game in in normal jeans and a blouse not all slutty yes.  just as I would be ok if a trans came in the same

don't sexualize it.  I wouldn't take my son to a drag reading hour though.  So I guess to me appearance is key

..and that's the one example I used because I saw it.  A drag queen in what was basically a business suit reading to kids.   Like I was saying with Voltaire, we might have different reasons, but we largely agree on what should and shouldn't be in schools.   

I usually don't know how to respond to comments like that last one.  I don't think I'd actively would seek out a drag story hour at the library, but it's not like I would make a big deal if we were going to a story hour and it turned out when we got there to be a drag one.  Depending on the age, if there was that blurring by talking about pronouns, gender, things like that I would probably quietly leave.   But again, that's because I would do that if Fireman story hour started talking about gender and things or were inappropriately dressed, so it's not about the drag element for me.  

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You don't see how that is different than saying "Deviant freak"?

did I say deviant?  cause the use of that would mean I accept there is a devil

which I dont

I said freak, and men wanting to pretend like they are glamourous women is a freak, aka abnormal. 

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

did I say deviant?  cause the use of that would mean I accept there is a devil

which I dont

I said freak, and men wanting to pretend like they are glamourous women is a freak, aka abnormal. 

Fine "freak" then...it is different

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

..and that's the one example I used because I saw it.  A drag queen in what was basically a business suit reading to kids.   Like I was saying with Voltaire, we might have different reasons, but we largely agree on what should and shouldn't be in schools.   

I usually don't know how to respond to comments like that last one.  I don't think I'd actively would seek out a drag story hour at the library, but it's not like I would make a big deal if we were going to a story hour and it turned out when we got there to be a drag one.  Depending on the age, if there was that blurring by talking about pronouns, gender, things like that I would probably quietly leave.   But again, that's because I would do that if Fireman story hour started talking about gender and things or were inappropriately dressed, so it's not about the drag element for me.  

nope where I would have an issue is if my school's library was doing it without informing parents of it going on

and if a drag queen was in a business suit, they wouldn't be in drag so I guess thats the line

to be fair, I would also have issue with Jason, Freddy and Clowns reading to my son when he was 5, that could damage them

I’d have an issue with drag Queen story hour anyplace, anytime under any circumstance. Supposed “men” debating this. Anyone explaining and excusing any facet of this is the larger problem. Leave the kids alone. 

nope where I would have an issue is if my school's library was doing it without informing parents of it going on

and if a drag queen was in a business suit, they wouldn't be in drag so I guess thats the line

to be fair, I would also have issue with Jason, Freddy and Clowns reading to my son when he was 5, that could damage them

Thanks, that is a good distinction.  When I use Drag Queen it's in the ways that this is their chosen job/hobby, so a DQ can be dressed sensibly in the way that I think of it.   I get what you are saying, and like I keep pointing out, it seems we are basically in agreement of what should and shouldn't be allowed.   

I also have a problem if parents aren't told what's involved with events and activities like this.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Dang you dealt blackjack?  How much did you steal?  Did you ever catch any cheaters?  Did you ever mess up quite bigly?  And most importantly...

Hit a 16 or nah?

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Duh. That’s not what I asked 

is there a fireman story hour? How about a scientist story hour? How about straight white male story hour?

why do the freaks of the freaks get their own special sh1t?

@edjr might know about this

https://www.gloucestertimes.com/community/essex-calendar/article_6c30b9d9-bfe1-54ec-b3a3-c05416bf96c1.html

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

READ TO BENNY —Kids! Sign up for a 15 minute slot to read to Benny, our reading dog on Thursday, March 5, 3:30-4:30pm Email awanner@essexpl.org to reserve your spot.

:first: 

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

:first: 

My local library had reading with dogs too.

I was more trying to point out “police story hour” though 

25 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

The most important piece of this entire escapade.

I'd love to get the input from someone who's dealt so many hands.

Also, do you double on a 9 with the dealer showing anything but a 10?