Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Morals question

So let's say you've given life a fair shot. You're 50 something years old,  been there done that. You given You've given life a solid chance.

When somebody tells you you have to swallow this one or Seven pills everyday or you'll die.

It's not really 'suicide' if you just say, no thanks.

I mean s***, not to complicate matters, but no more so than say smoking yourself to death right? And that's just gross.

Right? 

I mean, in the absence of a wife and kids and pretty much anything worth a damn, what are you really shooting for? Hitting 60 and being older and sicker?

boils down to hey you're probably going to die in two years. We can maybe help it up to 4-5, but no guarantees and your QOL has to drop 47 percent. 

Asking for a Frined.

I hope you're not seriously considering some form of suicide, especially when you don't even have a confirmed diagnosis/prognosis.  If so, please seek help.  That's all I have to say about this topic.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

I hope you're not seriously considering some form of suicide, especially when you don't even have a confirmed diagnosis/prognosis.  If so, please seek help.  That's all I have to say about this topic.

The suicide is not taking the pills.

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

.. sounds more like indifference until he gets very uncomfortable.

edit: I love morels

2 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Go see Ruth Ginsberg's doctor, he seems to have the cure for cancer.

Are you kidding? They already sent out 'save-the-date' cards for November 4th for her funeral.

It’s a bitter pill to swallow.

Swallow the focker.

If there’s a reasonable plan to extend or save your life- focking go for it. 

Are you an organ donor?

If you’re going to go out, go out in a blaze of glory. You have so much hate, find some fockers  that deserve it and end them. Just when they are taking you away in cuffs yell out “giants fan in Arizona is a fockin puzzy”. Sort of like when Oswald kept saying “I was a Patsy” when they took him in. I’ll fill up your commissary. 

4 minutes ago, taco breath said:

Are you an organ donor?

You want me to donate my organ to your starfish?

39 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If you’re going to go out, go out in a blaze of glory. You have so much hate, find some fockers  that deserve it and end them. Just when they are taking you away in cuffs yell out “giants fan in Arizona is a fockin puzzy”. Sort of like when Oswald kept saying “I was a Patsy” when they took him in. I’ll fill up your commissary. 

This. 

There is a pretty good chance that science will develop radical life extension in less than 30 years.  It would be a small miracle if it happens before 2030.  It would be pretty surprising if it comes before 2040.  It would not be surprising at all if it happens before 2050.  Now I'm now talking about eternal youth by 2050.  But by 2050, there's a pretty good chance they will be able to keep you alive for a very very long time in some form. That might be a biological solution, or it might be a robotic solution, or a combination.

The thing is, once you reach that level of medical tech, you are home free.  As long as the science can keep you alive for 50 years beyond 2050, all bets are off.  By 2100, its pretty certain they will have miracle-level solutions that make you immortal, can drop your consciousness into a body double of yourself that is 18 years old, etc.

For a person that is 50 years old today, they can live forever.  The path is just rocky.  You will have to spend several decades as an old and infirm elderly person until the solutions are worked out.  Then you will be young again.  For someone born today, its highly unlikely they will ever be elderly.

Scientific progress increases at an exponential rate.  If you were look at exponential rate on a chart, it looks like there is absolutely no progress forever and then suddenly the line goes vertical and the solution is found.  That inflection point is just a few decades away.

The last generation to die off naturally is the baby boomers.  The first generation saved by immortality will be Generation X.  Gen X will become known as the oldest living generation among the immortal humans.  When you look around the Earth today, it is THIS set of humans (minus the last vestiges of boomers) that will be the oldest set of humans on the planet forever.  Maybe if you want to be really pessimistic, a solution won't be worked out until gen X dies off.  Then the millennials will be the oldest generation forever.  But one of those 2 generations will be the oldest on the planet forever.

Gen X is looking at being old, infirm, but kept alive with complications until they hit age 130-140.  I think can do that by 2050.  But if you extend their life to 140 and they are still alive past 2100, science will be able to give them a new 18 year old body.  They just have to suck it up and live in infirmity for several decades first.

Don't need a wife and kids to value being alive. Many with both those and their life is sh1t. Just had a friend with a wife and kids asking to move in my place for a while. They are in some financial crap, selling a home, moving...we told him sure but his life ##### sucks. I'm childless but we don't envy his  sorry azz.

• Like 1

Booze and pills are the best way to go. IMO.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Take your pills wiff. We need you.

This.  Seven pills per day is not a large sacrifice if it enables you to troll us for at least a few additional years.  :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, wiffleball said:

So let's say you've given life a fair shot. You're 50 something years old,  been there done that. You given You've given life a solid chance.

When somebody tells you you have to swallow this one or Seven pills everyday or you'll die.

It's not really 'suicide' if you just say, no thanks.

I mean s***, not to complicate matters, but no more so than say smoking yourself to death right? And that's just gross.

Right? 

I mean, in the absence of a wife and kids and pretty much anything worth a damn, what are you really shooting for? Hitting 60 and being older and sicker?

boils down to hey you're probably going to die in two years. We can maybe help it up to 4-5, but no guarantees and your QOL has to drop 47 percent. 

Asking for a Frined.

Damn it Wiff, just because your mom didn't swallow 50 something years ago, it doesn't mean that you should follow that example now.  Take the pills... you never know, anything can happen.

This 80 year old guy who has supported my colleague's organization over the years came by last week and my colleague took him to lunch. Not particularly concerned about COVID. He had a wife who died of cancer. Lately he's been seeing someone. He has some land, and he has some principles that he's dedicated to (hence the support). Used to own a business. Retired from that. Getting by modestly but clearly still living. I didn't even interact with him but got the general impression it's good that he's around. Keep being your own man and stick around if you can help it.

I don’t like this talk at all Wiff. You should go see somebody. Seriously, no shame in it :cheers:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Depends on who you plan to vote for in November. :dunno:

Well played.  :cheers:

Ultimately it’s your choice.  Personally I’d keep fighting.  After the run I went on in my 40’s I’m scared of what may be waiting for me in the afterlife.

In this case I would tour the states banging every woman I could and record it for a documentary called "banging on deaths door"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Navin needs to find his purpose to motivate himself to take the meds

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Depends on who you plan to vote for in November. :dunno:

If he dies, it’ll automatically be a Biden vote.

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

If he dies, it’ll automatically be a Biden vote.

And a Covid death

• Haha 1

Your QOL doesn’t drop 47% It’s 7 pills. Start taking them. Then find ways to increase your QOL.

22 hours ago, jerryskids said:

This.  Seven pills per day is not a large sacrifice if it enables you to troll us for at least a few additional years.  :thumbsup:

Wiff - I'm at 5 pills a day.   6 if its a day where I am throwing in the magic boner pill too.   It ain't that bad.   As long as your still in the ring and still throwing punches, it's worth it all.   The longer it goes the better the chances that it will work out better than predicted.      So your best bet is to stretch it however long you can.  

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

Wiff - I'm at 5 pills a day.   6 if its a day where I am throwing in the magic boner pill too.   It ain't that bad.   As long as your still in the ring and still throwing punches, it's worth it all.   The longer it goes the better the chances that it will work out better than predicted.      So your best bet is to stretch it however long you can.  

Thanks. Aint the pills that's the problem. Id swallow a hundred if there was a reason to do so