Sign in to follow this  
zole2112

2 Keepers

I am keeping D Parker for my 8th round pick but I am on the fence with Dak, I can keep him as well for my 6th round pick. I am torn between keeping Dak or picking up a QB in a later round. thoughts?

12 team PPR

I would wait until later. 

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I would wait until later. 

Thanks man, I will do that for sure. I didn't think there was enough value in Dak in round 6 vs a better player I would have missed.

I dont think Dak for a 6th is terrible, but it doesnt blow my socks off either.

there is a fair chance he is off the board when you go to pick in the 6th. (depending on the rules in your league of course)

but this is one of those neutral moves for me.  I dont think Dak is as good a QB as his stats say.  i think hes a bit overrated in the fantasy football rankings, but he also has another really easy schedule and should put up pretty solid numbers once again.   I Just dont think hes a top 3 fantasy QB.

but 6th round is about where I value him in most formats, so your choice to keep (or not) is mostly a matter of preference as far as I am concerned.

dont get me wrong.  I like Prescott & the Cowboys.  not my favourite team, but I like them a lot and watch a fair number of their games.   hes a legit QB1.  I just dont think hes top 3 or top 4 like many publications have him ranked.

Thanks for the excellent insights. I didn't keep Dak but then I went a bit crazy and drafted Watson in the 4th...go figure

Lol life as a ff owner.  

5 hours ago, zole2112 said:

Thanks for the excellent insights. I didn't keep Dak but then I went a bit crazy and drafted Watson in the 4th...go figure

Wow, that was an exceptionally stupid move!

I'd say you're in the clubhouse with the biggest gaffe of the draft season to date.

Some facts from Matthew Berry:  Last season, Dak Prescott had the second-most deep completions in the NFL, the third-highest completion percentage on deep passes, the fourth-most deep pass attempts, and the fifth-highest yards per attempt.  This year, the Dallas Cowboys drafted CeeDee Lamb, who was tied for second in the nation in TDs of 35-plus yards last season.  Last season, Prescott had 11 weekly finishes as a top-12 QB (only Lamar Jackson had more), and since Amari Cooper joined the Cowboys, Prescott is the second-best QB in total fantasy points.

On 8/31/2020 at 10:13 PM, AxeElf said:

Wow, that was an exceptionally stupid move!

I'd say you're in the clubhouse with the biggest gaffe of the draft season to date.

Some facts from Matthew Berry:  Last season, Dak Prescott had the second-most deep completions in the NFL, the third-highest completion percentage on deep passes, the fourth-most deep pass attempts, and the fifth-highest yards per attempt.  This year, the Dallas Cowboys drafted CeeDee Lamb, who was tied for second in the nation in TDs of 35-plus yards last season.  Last season, Prescott had 11 weekly finishes as a top-12 QB (only Lamar Jackson had more), and since Amari Cooper joined the Cowboys, Prescott is the second-best QB in total fantasy points.

I know, thanks for rubbing it in lol