Sign in to follow this  
Drizzay

Kenosha next?

I’ll tell you how this will play out right now:

The dead guy has a rap sheet and possible drugs in his system. Maybe we get more footage or a story from the cops that he was acting threatening or erratic etc. The GC will decide that justifies his shooting and it’s his fault for not complying etc. The usual suspects will point to black crime stats. When the protests start the story will be about rioters and looters etc. Whether cops are justified in shooting an unarmed man 7 times in the back will be completely lost in the shuffle.

There. I just saved everyone a 10-page thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like maybe he was trying to arm himself.  His woman was frantically shouting before the shooting started.

Or a cop just emptied his clip into a guy in front of a bunch of witnesses for no reason.  That seems more logical.  :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’ll tell you how this will play out right now:

The dead guy has a rap sheet and possible drugs in his system. Maybe we get more footage or a story from the cops that he was acting threatening or erratic etc. The GC will decide that justifies his shooting and it’s his fault for not complying etc. The usual suspects will point to black on crime stats. When the protests start the story will be about rioters and looters etc. Whether cops are justified in shooting an unarmed man 7 times in the back will be completely lost in the shuffle.

There. I just saved everyone a 10-page thread.

What makes you think he's dead?

I’ll tell you how this plays out...MDC defends this guy because of his white liberal guilt regardless of the facts and circumstances.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Strike said:

What makes you think he's dead?

He isn’t right now. I’m stunned anyone me could survive what sounded like 7 shots from PBR. Cops said he was tased before he got shot too. Dude is a superhero.

Better hope he lives or Kenosha is going to loot The GAP and Burlington coat factory like nobodies business. Probably loot until all hours of no later than 8:30pm.

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

He isn’t right now. I’m stunned anyone me could survive what sounded like 7 shots from PBR. Cops said he was tased before he got shot too. Dude is a superhero.

That is what is weird and the guy didn’t flinch at all when being shot. As usual bad journalism, I cannot find any details on the incident.
I find it hard to believe something like that happen. If this plays out half as bad as it looks every American should be outraged!

The guy is in serious condition.

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

That is what is weird and the guy didn’t flinch at all when being shot. As usual bad journalism, I cannot find any details on the incident.
I find it hard to believe something like that happen. If this plays out half as bad as it looks every American should be outraged!

The guy is in serious condition.

Not outraged until we know the facts. If he said im going go get my gun and gets that door open like that...no question you're getting popped.

27 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Looks like maybe he was trying to arm himself.  His woman was frantically shouting before the shooting started.

Or a cop just emptied his clip into a guy in front of a bunch of witnesses for no reason.  That seems more logical.  :thumbsup:

Yeah I live in South Milwaukee and Kenosha is only two counties south.

On initial viewing this looks bad. I agree that there's more to the story and that we're not getting the full details we're only getting a small video of what happened. However, If this guy was not reaching for a weapon then this is only going to stoke the fires even more.

I'll wait for further details but this whole thing could have been avoided if the dude just listened to the cops.  That's the thing with all this stuff. No one's listening to the cops. Your recourse is the court system if you are illegally arrested.  

4 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Not outraged until we know the facts. If he said im going go get my gun and gets that door open like that...no question you're getting popped.

agreed. I cannot believe a cop with a bunch of witnesses around shot an unarmed man in the back.

Logic dictates that you would think he would be reaching for a weapon.  I find it hard to believe that a WHITE cop would do that and broad daylight especially knowing the national situation we're having.

8 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

First I said IF If plays out  and second the guy had his back turned they could have jumped him. There was no reason to use live ammunition at that point but yes we do need more details because I am having a hard time believing what is portrayed.

12 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

agreed. I cannot believe a cop with a bunch of witnesses around shot an unarmed man in the back.

Logic dictates that you would think he would be reaching for a weapon.  I find it hard to believe that a WHITE cop would do that and broad daylight especially knowing the national situation we're having.

But they did shoot him long before he could reach for a weapon. The no flinch after being shot is what confuses me. It looked like the cop missed him. Weird 

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

But they did shoot him long before he could reach for a weapon. The no flinch after being shot is what confuses me. It looked like the cop missed him. Weird 

Might have been high. Reports are that the cops were responding to a domestic dispute that didn’t involve the guy who got shot. He may have been a family member. I don’t mind the lack of details yet. Happened a few hours ago, better to get details right than publish a bunch of speculation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Might have been high. Reports are that the cops were responding to a domestic dispute that didn’t involve the guy who got shot. He may have been a family member. I don’t mind the lack of details yet. Happened a few hours ago, better to get details right than publish a bunch of speculation.

True, but even high the force of the round is going to have some momentum on your body. 

The video Was out there anyway, why would the media post it without having the details. I think we know.

UPDATE 12:02 a.m.: Most people protesting the shooting of Jacob Blake by Kenosha Police did so peacefully and marched from 40th Street and 28th Avenue to the Kenosha Police Department. But some chose violence. They started several dump trucks on fire, smashed cars, broke windows, and threw bleach bombs. SWAT teams responded by launching tear gas and blocking off the roads with armored tanks.

Someone needs to sit every cop down, especially the younger ones,  and explain that this is not the time to be giving a fock in those communities.  Take reports, call an ambulance and move on to the next call. 

Libs will run in and protect this hero to society. Then support the inevitable riots and destruction. There, I just saved everyone 10 pages.

• Confused 1

The violent destructive Biden supporting scumbags don't wait for facts. They'll do their thing regardless. They are who they said they are. 

Why does the black community find it so hard to follow police orders? 

1 hour ago, BiffTannen said:

Sandra Bland, and the like, who have complied and then were "murdered" in police custody.  They believe that you are just as much danger if you comply.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Sandra Bland, and the like, who have complied and then were murdered in police custody.  They believe that you are just as much danger if you comply.

Of those 15 or so (probably less) black people killed each year by cops, how many complied and how many didn't.  

26 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Sandra Bland, and the like, who have complied and then were murdered in police custody.  They believe that you are just as much danger if you comply.

Huh? Where are you getting she was murdered? She hung herself. Are we going to start throwing murder around like we do racist now? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Huh? Where are you getting she was murdered? She hung herself. Are we going to start throwing murder around like we do racist now? 

53 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Of those 15 or so (probably less) black people killed each year by cops, how many complied and how many didn't.  

I didnt say that the assertion about Bland was true.  I was simply answering Biffs question.  Blands name is certainly one of the first, if not the first, names mentioned when lack of compliance with police is brought up.  And, the MSM does nothing but perpetuate that narrative.  

Gov. Tony Evers released this statement tonight:

"Jacob Blake was shot in the back multiple times, in broad daylight, in Kenosha. Kathy and I join his family, friends and neighbors in hoping earnestly that he will not succumb to his injuries. While we do not have all the details yet, what we know for certain is he is not the first Black man or person to have been shot or injured or mercilessly killed at the hands of individuals in law enforcement in our state or in our country. 

We stand with all those who have and continue to demand justice, equality and accountability for Black lives in our country -- lives like those of George Floyd, of Breonna Taylor, Tony Robinson, Denise Hamilton, Earnest Lacy, and Sylville Smith. And we stand against excessive use of force and immediate escalation when engaging with Black Wisconsinites. 

I hve said all along that although we must offer our empathy, equally important is our action. In the coming days, we will demand  just that of elected officials in our state who have failed to recognize the racism in our state and our country for far too long.

In photos: Scene of shooting in Kenosha
View on https://kenoshanews.com

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Gov. Tony Evers released this statement tonight:

"Jacob Blake was shot in the back multiple times, in broad daylight, in Kenosha. Kathy and I join his family, friends and neighbors in hoping earnestly that he will not succumb to his injuries. While we do not have all the details yet, what we know for certain is he is not the first Black man or person to have been shot or injured or mercilessly killed at the hands of individuals in law enforcement in our state or in our country. 

We stand with all those who have and continue to demand justice, equality and accountability for Black lives in our country -- lives like those of George Floyd, of Breonna Taylor, Tony Robinson, Denise Hamilton, Earnest Lacy, and Sylville Smith. And we stand against excessive use of force and immediate escalation when engaging with Black Wisconsinites. 

I hve said all along that although we must offer our empathy, equally important is our action. In the coming days, we will demand  just that of elected officials in our state who have failed to recognize the racism in our state and our country for far too long.

In photos: Scene of shooting in Kenosha
View on https://kenoshanews.com

The governor? Way to fan those flames. We don't know the details yet but look how awful the police are against black people. Jesus 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

In 2015, Obama, 38 unarmed blacks were killed by police. 2019, Trump, 10.

In 2019 48 police officers were killed in the line of duty. Of the 48 officers:

•  45 were male
  • 3 were female
  • 40 were white
  • 7 were black/African American
  • 1 was Asian
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

The governor? Way to fan those flames. We don't know the details yet but look how awful the police are against black people. Jesus 

Yeah, I don't think he gets it. He wants there to be calm so that there is no rioting and that was not the right message. If he just says that we will investigate fully and, if there is wrongdoing by the police, then justice will be swift and complete. 

Instead, he kind of rolled the carpet out to the rioters long before anyone knows what really happened. 

Just now, Baker Boy said:

In 2015, Obama, 38 unarmed blacks were killed by police. 2019, Trump, 10.

In 2019 48 police officers were killed in the line of duty. Of the 48 officers:

•  45 were male
  • 3 were female
  • 40 were white
  • 7 were black/African American
  • 1 was Asian

I believe these stats.  But do you have a source I could have?   For anytime I try to bring these facts to a conversation.

My grandparents rented an apt few blocks from there for about year, right after they had sold their home.  

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I believe these stats.  But do you have a source I could have?   For anytime I try to bring these facts to a conversation.

I don’t remember where they came from, I saw them in a couple of places. A fact check would be nice but it seems in today’s environment fact checks aren’t important. So I haven’t done that.

When are these moron going to realize I don't care one bit if you burn down their own community. You live there, I don't. 

Burn them down. Those businesses leave. Then you don't have a job and then you're complaining about how bad your community is getting passed by, by those evil white suburbs.

2 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

This is were our leaders are failing us because it Doesn’t fit their narrative. These men are not being shot because they are Black, it is because they are resisting and doing the opposite of what they are told. I learned at a very young age how to interact with the Police. Every America needs to understand that when you resist the Police bad things can happen.

2 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Sandra Bland, and the like, who have complied and then were "murdered" in police custody.  They believe that you are just as much danger if you comply.

The statics show this is not even close to the truth. They are resisting because they have broken the law and for them it is try to get away or go (back) to prison. 

if you are correct someone needs to educate these resisters and show them that you are in much more danger resisting than complying. The stats are there, there is no doubt about it but that does not fit our leaders agenda

13 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The statics show this is not even close to the truth. They are resisting because they have broken the law and for them it is try to get away or go (back) to prison. 

if you are correct someone needs to educate these resisters and show them that you are in much more danger resisting than complying. The stats are there, there is no doubt about it but that does not fit our leaders agenda

You don't even need to look up stats.  Just use logic.  Ask someone how many unarmed black people were killed by cops.  They'll say a hundred or something like that.  Then ask them how many black people are in prison.  When they answer (or when you tell them), a half million... that's when you say "see, when you don't resist arrest, you're clearly more likely to live".