Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

David Montgomery leaves practice on cart with non-contact injury

As a Bears fan, I'm glad to see the team is forced to move on from one of the most overrated third round picks you will ever see in this league. Let my Ryan Nall lotto tickets come in winners! 

4.3 or better avg per rush last four of his five games last season, I think he was learning early, and was getting it.  

It’s to bad if he misses a lot of time. 

• Like 1

Fortunately, it was just David Montgomery, and as such, this shouldn't affect any legitimate fantasy contenders.

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

4.3 or better avg per rush last four of his five games last season, I think he was learning early, and was getting it.  

It’s to bad if he misses a lot of time. 

well, he didnt look great coming out the gate, but sometimes it takes a RB a little more time to 'Get it' 

I had him down as a guy I'd take a late round flyer on.

I still might depending on the severity of his injury

Yeah I had him higher then most im sure , I had him ranked as a rb3 with low rb2 upside, pretty much like last season. 

I think he’ll get better, but the Bears Qb situation is still awful. 

In my main league was really hoping the owner would keep him and drop a different player I have my eye on into the draft. Keepers are do by 12:01 am Friday. keeping my fingers crossed

I have him as my 3rd RB in my #2 league and keepers are do at 12:00 am Sunday morning. Guess I'm rolling with Cohen.

Doesn't sound like it's very serious, but in any case, it's not like it's going to cost anyone their fantasy season

Montgomery will be out 2-4 weeks according to the latest reports. How much will he fall in drafts and at what point does he become a great value if he does fall? 

I had Montgomery as my Fournette of 2020. A guy a lot of people will pass over because of the name but a guy walking into a ton of volume and volume is king when it comes to fantasy running backs. At the same time, groin injuries are terrible and can take awhile to come back from and there's still the chance the Bears either sign a FA like Freeman or Nagy goes into his crazy visor hat genius mode and trots out Nall, Cohen and Patterson into a bunch of his weird formations and trick plays. 

6 minutes ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

Montgomery will be out 2-4 weeks according to the latest reports. How much will he fall in drafts and at what point does he become a great value if he does fall? 

I had Montgomery as my Fournette of 2020. A guy a lot of people will pass over because of the name but a guy walking into a ton of volume and volume is king when it comes to fantasy running backs. At the same time, groin injuries are terrible and can take awhile to come back from and there's still the chance the Bears either sign a FA like Freeman or Nagy goes into his crazy visor hat genius mode and trots out Nall, Cohen and Patterson into a bunch of his weird formations and trick plays. 

Groin injuries are tricky. they often re-occur. If he drops far enough where I think he's the clear best player on the board, I'll grab him, but likely he'll be someone else's problem...

1 hour ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

I would have been happy drafting Montgomery in the 14th round prior to the injury, but now I think I would drop him into the 16th round or so.

If he's still there in the 18th, snap him up immediately.

15 hours ago, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

I thought he really learn a lot late last season, four of his last five games, he avg 4:3 plus yards per rush.  

But I was having a tough time ranking higher then pretty much a low rb2 or rb3, 

The Bears Qb situation is awfull. 

I think he’ll miss at least 3-4 weeks before he’s really 100% back from this injury, so I think he’ll miss or be used sparingly the first two games.  

They dont want to rush him back and have him hurt himself again.  

I don’t think the Bears have their next on up on their current roster, so I think they’ll sign some one, maybe Freeman. 

Then that could be a bigger problem once Montgomery is ready to go full out, I will be dropping him down to a low rb4 or high rb5.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super Cubs said:

ppr who is the keeper Montgomery or Cohen? 

For this season only? 

Between Cohen and Montgomery, it’s easily Montgomery.  

7 hours ago, Captain Goomy Noomy Roo said:

Fournette?

That would be interesting.

The problem with Montgomery is they love to run that inside draw with him out of shotgun.  That's their most popular run and it's not really montgomery's game and everyone knows it's coming.  The few games they gave him a fullback and let him receive a handoff when the QB takes a snap under center he was good.

Sounds like it’s going to be the same kind of run game this season, with the Trub at Qb.  

7 hours ago, nobody said:

The problem with Montgomery is they love to run that inside draw with him out of shotgun.  That's their most popular run and it's not really montgomery's game and everyone knows it's coming.  The few games they gave him a fullback and let him receive a handoff when the an takes a snap under center he was good.

Hes so slow, so for him to start that handoff delayed and flat footed is a terrible call. Drafting him was a terrible call to begin with. I can't waut for him to flame out so they can get a good back

They need to get a good Qb first, that, that might help the run game imo

Looks like he did have a limited practice today.  

He’s playing this week, now how long, that’s a tricky injury 

He has a ok game.