NBA/MLB/NHL: Postponed games from boycott because of shooting...

Oh darn...  Oh shucky darn...

https://sports.yahoo.com/bucks-players-dont-take-court-for-tipoff-vs-magic-amid-discussions-of-nba-player-boycott-201058529.html

The Milwaukee Bucks did not take the floor for the scheduled start of Wednesday’s playoff game against the Orlando Magic amid discussions of a player boycott.

The Magic initially took the court for pregame warmups, but left after Bucks players didn’t show up.

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Bucks have decided to boycott the game.

Talks of a boycott surfaced after the shooting of Jacob Blake, a 29-year-old Black man and father of three. Video surfaced late Sunday of police in Kenosha, Wisconsin shooting Blake in the back multiple times, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down, according to his father.

Some players were hesitant to participate in the NBA restart, wary of taking focus off the nation’s race reckoning in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death at the hands of Minneapolis police. The shooting of Blake has renewed those concerns, with players in the bubble in active talks with the player’s union about boycotting playoff games.

Bucks guard George Hill gave voice to concerns over playing on Monday.

“We shouldn’t have even come to this damn place, to be honest,”  Ge said on Monday. “I think coming here just took all the focal points off what the issues are.”

This is a developing story and will be updated.

Just delayed.  They are wheeling george floyd's golden casket out to center court right now 

22 minutes ago, posty said:

Oh darn...  Oh shucky darn...

https://sports.yahoo.com/bucks-players-dont-take-court-for-tipoff-vs-magic-amid-discussions-of-nba-player-boycott-201058529.html

The Milwaukee Bucks did not take the floor for the scheduled start of Wednesday’s playoff game against the Orlando Magic amid discussions of a player boycott.

The Magic initially took the court for pregame warmups, but left after Bucks players didn’t show up.

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Bucks have decided to boycott the game.

Talks of a boycott surfaced after the shooting of Jacob Blake, a 29-year-old Black man and father of three. Video surfaced late Sunday of police in Kenosha, Wisconsin shooting Blake in the back multiple times, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down, according to his father.

Some players were hesitant to participate in the NBA restart, wary of taking focus off the nation’s race reckoning in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death at the hands of Minneapolis police. The shooting of Blake has renewed those concerns, with players in the bubble in active talks with the player’s union about boycotting playoff games.

Bucks guard George Hill gave voice to concerns over playing on Monday.

“We shouldn’t have even come to this damn place, to be honest,”  Ge said on Monday. “I think coming here just took all the focal points off what the issues are.”

This is a developing story and will be updated.

‘Took all the focal points of what the issues are’. First, nice English, college boy. Second, no it doesn’t. Nobody is watching you guys. Ya heard? 

Big deal: the 76ers didn’t show up to ALL FOUR of their games. 

:( 

• Haha 5

Just now, The Elevator Killer said:

Exactly. What sacrifice did they make for their cause?

Muhammad Ali made a real sacrifice. I don’t care for him because  of his treatment of Joe Frazier, but I definitely respect him for that. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Muhammad Ali made a real sacrifice. I don’t care for him because  of his treatment of Joe Frazier, but I definitely respect him for that. 

Yes he did. The Ali/Frazier relationship is complicated. I believe Frazier helped Ali get his license back and then didn't get it that Ali was selling the fight when he was trash talking. Joe took it personal. That's my understanding. Is that what you are talking about or did I miss something? God those were great fights. 

At one time I would have cared.  At this point I'm fine with them doing whatever they want to do.  It's a political event now, not a sporting one.  Those who choose to watch probably were already on that side of the issue anyway.  There's no need to voice displeasure or disagreement because that's their choice, I'm just indifferent and apathetic to it at this point.  It ceased being an issue for me when I started viewing the NBA through a political event lens versus a sporting event.

3 minutes ago, Mark Davis said:

At one time I would have cared.  At this point I'm fine with them doing whatever they want to do.  It's a political event now, not a sporting one.  Those who choose to watch probably were already on that side of the issue anyway.  There's no need to voice displeasure or disagreement because that's their choice, I'm just indifferent and apathetic to it at this point.  It ceased being an issue for me when I started viewing the NBA through a political event lens versus a sporting event.

Did someone write this for you?  That's the smartest thing you've ever said.

5 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Yes he did. The Ali/Frazier relationship is complicated. I believe Frazier helped Ali get his license back and then didn't get it that Ali was selling the fight when he was trash talking. Joe took it personal. That's my understanding. Is that what you are talking about or did I miss something? God those were great fights. 

Yeah, calling Frazier a gorilla, the white mans champion and other unnecessary stuff. Frazier never forgave him. 

30 minutes ago, Mark Davis said:

Yup

Not show up to work, that's your statement? Especially for this piece of sh!t in Wisconsin? Such a strange reaction. Our position is, we aren't going to do our job? You're pushing normal level headed people away.. 

Your audience was already dwindling, let's see where it's at after this. The people on Twitter celebrating this aren't paying customers, they don't care about your product. 

Sucks, I enjoy basketball, grew up on it, it got me to college.. I can't support this garbage.

At least this guy won’t be raping anyone anymore. 

I wonder if any of them care about the guy on the team who thinks..... "But I want to play basketball. :dunno:"?

1 minute ago, Mark Davis said:

The Brewers have cancelled their game with the Reds tonight as well.

Oh no. Fans will have to stay home and not go to.the game.:banana:

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Not show up to work, that's your statement? Especially for this piece of sh!t in Wisconsin? Such a strange reaction. Our position is, we aren't going to do our job? You're pushing normal level headed people away.. 

Your audience was already dwindling, let's see where it's at after this. The people on Twitter celebrating this aren't paying customers, they don't care about your product. 

Sucks, I enjoy basketball, grew up on it, it got me to college.. I can't support this garbage.

They have guaranteed contracts, they don't care.  Plus they are like the rich white SJW youths only worse because they are (mostly) black and were born hitting a stand-up triple in the at-bat of life.  Treated like royalty for most of their formative years, including their ringleader who was literally called King.  They feel guilty and feel the need to show that they "get" their brothers in the hood.  To sell sneakers, or more accurately these days, have their sneakers stolen by looters so that insurance will compensate all parties.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, posty said:

Looks like the NBA postponed all of today's games...

Thank you NBA.

LOL the NBA thread on FBGheys was applauding players for boycotting.  I went on and simply asked have we seen body cam footage or audio of police because in the video I saw the guy was clearly disobeying police and reached into his car.  I was told it didn't matter and that you can't shoot someone in the back 7 times.  I linked the video of the guy who disobeyed police and went in his car and got a gun and shot the two police officers.  I was called a racist by several posters and then was permanently banned by moderaters.  

7 minutes ago, Beaker15 said:

LOL the NBA thread on FBGheys was applauding players for boycotting.  I went on and simply asked have we seen body cam footage or audio of police because in the video I saw the guy was clearly disobeying police and reached into his car.  I was told it didn't matter and that you can't shoot someone in the back 7 times.  I linked the video of the guy who disobeyed police and went in his car and got a gun and shot the two police officers.  I was called a racist by several posters and then was permanently banned by moderaters.  

Like just now???

8 minutes ago, Beaker15 said:

Liberal playbook 101

guys were applauding and being very political bashing Trump so I figured I would counter but got banned.  What a joke.

NHL players say they don't care about idiots who ignore police warnings.  

God bless hockey!!! 

:pointstosky:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Strike said:

ROFLMAO.  How exactly does this help ANYONE? 

🤣

For real. How does sabotaging your own league help issues facing poor degenerates who can’t listen to police? Makes as much sense as looting and burning down your own peoples businesses in your own community.

Totally shocked that NBA idiots kneeling for the national anthem didn't stop loser criminals from getting shot by police. I say take it to the top. Never play again. We won't miss ya.

2 hours ago, fandandy said:

Did someone write this for you?  That's the smartest thing you've ever said.

All original.  Sorry man but I have no idea who you are.  I'm an antifaguys refugee.

1 minute ago, Mark Davis said:

All original.  Sorry man but I have no idea who you are.  I'm an antifaguys refugee.

Ah, my mistake.  I thought you were someone else.