NBA/MLB/NHL: Postponed games from boycott because of shooting...

Just now, fandandy said:

Ah, my mistake.  I thought you were someone else.  

All good.  This was my name at FBG originally, I've been shula the past couple years.

So what has to happen for them to play again? The end of racism? Cops have to turn in their weapons? Trump steps down? Or is this the equivalent of a rainout in baseball, to be made up at a later date? Imagine fans did go to a game, and while sitting there get told game called, on account of systematic racism? Clowns. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beaker15 said:

don't Noonan 

Damn, Noonan, been reading your posts and now you are perma banned???

4 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Damn, Noonan, been reading your posts and now you are perma banned???

It says banned indefinitely.  I have been posting on there since the yellow board.  I said nothing wrong and was called a racist and I got banned.  Joke.

4 minutes ago, Beaker15 said:

It says banned indefinitely.  I have been posting on there since the yellow board.  I said nothing wrong and was called a racist and I got banned.  Joke.

I think they are prepping the board for the election and want to have nothing but radical lefties on the board. I'll have 3-5 IDs ready to punch them in the face when they lose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, fandandy said:

Did someone write this for you?  That's the smartest thing you've ever said.

Dude has 92 posts and I remember, like, four of them. He doesn't have a recognizable style yet.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

Dude has 92 posts and I remember, like, four of them. He doesn't have a recognizable style yet.

I mistook the name for Shots.  That's why I was stunned when he sounded smart.

The NBA ratings were tanking prior to this incident, being outraged that a child rayping monster tried to kill cops and was shot in Wisconsin. Ratings down about 40%. Sort of like Biden's post DNC bounce.

My problem is that this is the second week in a row they are preempting AEW wrestling on TNT. They were shuffled to Saturday early evening last week because of NBA playoffs, and the Miami/Indiana foul fest down the stretch pushed that start time back another half an hour than was advertised. Preempted again tonight, and the NBA didn't even have the balls to show up. AEW is a money making machine for TNT, ranked among the top 3 to 5 all cable programs week after week in the key demos. And the NBA doesn't even bother to show up. The NBA is p!ssing off all sorts of demographics.

Yeah, yeah, go mock wrestling all you want. It's sports adjacent. It's creative, athletic, and has a certain goofy/amusing charm in story telling. The Stadium Stampede match is half an hour of genius. But the difference is that pro wrestling doesn't talk politics during their product, and the country welcomes that escapism. That's what sports is all about. Escapism. UFC, NHL, PGA rating are up, and they are typically avoiding politics.

Tomorrow, AEW have sold 10 to 15% capacity in the arena space attached to the Jax Jag's stadium in the supposed hot bed of sickness in Florida. Things are getting back to normal, more fans in the stands. The show will go on, and it will be great as usual. Except for the out of touch, mega millionaires that have Chinese slave labor assembling their sneakers for their fanbase.

How about the 25 million current slaves in the world? Not a peep. Tossing racist slurs against white/European players in the past couple of days by black NBA players? That is saul goodman.

Fock them. I'm done with the Sixers as well. Well, that part is easy, actually.

1 hour ago, Beaker15 said:

LOL the NBA thread on FBGheys was applauding players for boycotting.  I went on and simply asked have we seen body cam footage or audio of police because in the video I saw the guy was clearly disobeying police and reached into his car.  I was told it didn't matter and that you can't shoot someone in the back 7 times.  I linked the video of the guy who disobeyed police and went in his car and got a gun and shot the two police officers.  I was called a racist by several posters and then was permanently banned by moderaters.  

They don't like facts over there...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beaker15 said:

That place is a cesspool.  I got the permaban over offering to make a bet with Tim.

4 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I mistook the name for Shots.  That's why I was stunned when he sounded smart.

:unsure: no comment

...just waiting and wondering if the NFL is going to pull this crap?

No

Fans

Left 

Just now, jocstrap said:

No

Fans

Left 

Too many guys that don't make big money that want nothing to do with politics. Just football and payday.

1 hour ago, jocstrap said:

No

Fans

Left 

They already got their dìck slapped for Kaepernick.  Can't imagine they'd willingly dip their toes in that water again.  They need to pretend to care and try to keep their head's down.

33 minutes ago, nobody said:

They already got their dìck slapped for Kaepernick.  Can't imagine they'd willingly dip their toes in that water again.  They need to pretend to care and try to keep their head's down.

Didn’t roger goodell just recently say they he wishes he would’ve listened to keeper nick sooner?  

he’s kissing arse all the sudden now.  

what’s the Vegas over/under on nfl cancelling a week b/c of a league protest?

i do agree that there are several players on many teams that like their weekly paychecks.  They just can’t say it. Wonder how they would feel about losing 2 paydays in a row?  I bet the wifey ( . ) ( . ) 38 double D’s would be b!tching at you all day long for no income!

This will definitely get the ratings up and solve dumbshit criminals from being dumbshit criminals. :lol:

The NFL played the Sunday after JFK was assassinated. These chumps sat it out because a violent felon wanted for rape got shot by police while he was armed. I wonder how his rape victim feels watching him get all this sympathy? 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

So as others have said, Police cannot ever shoot a black man.   I hope these NBA players feel stupid...but am sure they dont for their stance.

Season is over.  :lol:

They were tired of living in that “bubble” and want to go home.  This was a perfect excuse.  

3 hours ago, Beaker15 said:

don't Noonan 

Damn, the only thread I still enjoy over there is the stock thread and value your posts there.

• Thanks 1

Interesting hill they are choosing to die on.  Dude going for a weapon after resisting arrest and wanted for rape.  That's the one, huh?

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

Interesting hill they are choosing to die on.  Dude going for a weapon after resisting arrest and wanted for rape.  That's the one, huh?

Yeah, I honestly don’t think many know the facts of incident.  Or they are being wilfully obtuse.  

Ignorance is leading people to emotion which is leading to irrational behaviour. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-clippers-vote-not-to-play-remainder-of-the-nba-season-during-players-meeting-per-report/

The Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers have voted not to play the remainder of the 2019-20 NBA season, according to a report from Shams Charania of The Athletic. Their decision comes after the players held an all hands on deck meeting late on Wednesday night. Every other team, however, voted to continue playing. 

3 hours ago, phillybear said:

The NBA ratings were tanking prior to this incident, being outraged that a child rayping monster tried to kill cops and was shot in Wisconsin. Ratings down about 40%. Sort of like Biden's post DNC bounce.

My problem is that this is the second week in a row they are preempting AEW wrestling on TNT. They were shuffled to Saturday early evening last week because of NBA playoffs, and the Miami/Indiana foul fest down the stretch pushed that start time back another half an hour than was advertised. Preempted again tonight, and the NBA didn't even have the balls to show up. AEW is a money making machine for TNT, ranked among the top 3 to 5 all cable programs week after week in the key demos. And the NBA doesn't even bother to show up. The NBA is p!ssing off all sorts of demographics.

Yeah, yeah, go mock wrestling all you want. It's sports adjacent. It's creative, athletic, and has a certain goofy/amusing charm in story telling. The Stadium Stampede match is half an hour of genius. But the difference is that pro wrestling doesn't talk politics during their product, and the country welcomes that escapism. That's what sports is all about. Escapism. UFC, NHL, PGA rating are up, and they are typically avoiding politics.

Tomorrow, AEW have sold 10 to 15% capacity in the arena space attached to the Jax Jag's stadium in the supposed hot bed of sickness in Florida. Things are getting back to normal, more fans in the stands. The show will go on, and it will be great as usual. Except for the out of touch, mega millionaires that have Chinese slave labor assembling their sneakers for their fanbase.

How about the 25 million current slaves in the world? Not a peep. Tossing racist slurs against white/European players in the past couple of days by black NBA players? That is saul goodman.

Fock them. I'm done with the Sixers as well. Well, that part is easy, actually.

Wrasslin is for homos. 

JFC.  Just cancel everything and everyone.  Wipe this god-forsaken year from the history books and let’s start fresh in 2021. 

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

JFC.  Just cancel everything and everyone.  Wipe this god-forsaken year from the history books and let’s start fresh in 2021. 

This is a juggernaut coming from the left. It won't stop. 

• Like 1

Now what? Lol. Nothin, that’s what. You have two choices: Riot or Vote. And nobody with half a brain is listening to what LeBron has to say about voting. Ooooh, they’re going to give some interviews. One or two of them will fake cry. At least LeBron can finally finish the autobiography of Malcolm X. Wait till he gets to the part about white liberals. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Now what? Lol. Nothin, that’s what. You have two choices: Riot or Vote. And nobody with half a brain is listening to what LeBron has to say about voting. Ooooh, they’re going to give some interviews. One or two of them will fake cry. At least LeBron can finally finish the autobiography of Malcolm X. Wait till he gets to the part about white liberals. Lol. 

Lebron wants to be an icon. He should've listened to Jordan. "Republicans buy shoes too". He won't feel the hit, but the guys coming up behind him will. NBA is going to take a big hit from this down the road. 

Just now, shorepatrol said:

Lebron wants to be an icon. He should've listened to Jordan. "Republicans buy shoes too". He won't feel the hit, but the guys coming up behind him will. NBA is going to take a big hit from this down the road. 

Yup. If I’m a young star on my first contract I’m telling him to stfu. He’s gonna cost them all a fortune. Nice. 

10 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

This is a juggernaut coming from the left. It won't stop. 

They simply can’t allow the world to continue as long as Trump is in office.  Shut down biz, entertainment, sports, bars and restaurants until we save the world from the evil orange man.   

7 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

They simply can’t allow the world to continue as long as Trump is in office.  Shut down biz, entertainment, sports, bars and restaurants until we save the world from the evil orange man.   

Orange man is saving this country. Not the world. Globalists are leeches. FOCK them all. 

53 minutes ago, Mark Davis said:

Damn, the only thread I still enjoy over there is the stock thread and value your posts there.

Appreciate that.  I enjoy that thread as well.  Might have to create an alias.  However, the last one I had got permabanned for saying I wish I could "dislike" Joe Bryant's post that said only left leaning posters made well thought out intelligent posts.  😏

3 hours ago, phillybear said:

Ratings down about 40%.

Orlando's sports radio dude was talking about the NBA's pending financial problems, last year.  Apparently ESPN/TNT started a long-term deal in 2016 for $2.7 billion per year.  Since then ratings have declined, while salaries have skyrocketed.  It's all good, until it's time to renegotiate a tv deal in 2024.

Throw in this year's deplorable ratings and Americans sick of seeing Black Lives Matter all over the court and players kneeling to the Anthem....  probably going to exacerbate the problem.

Can't remember if I posted this, but LeBron can walk away because his endorsements are a huge payday.  He doesn't need the league.  I wonder if lesser NBA players will turn on him when they realize it means Bron gets paid and they don't.  I mean, if LeBron was to *truly* walk away from his season, he'd cancel all of his endorsements and give back the endorsement money.