NBA/MLB/NHL: Postponed games from boycott because of shooting...

As much as I love to play devils advocate and try not to be political. I don't have it in me one iota to even pretend this is justified. Doc Rivers statement yesterday made me cringe and want to cry for how misguided he is. He's making millions to coach a kids game and when he says "we" it really is eye roll territory . USA is so focked right now.

This country is out of control because people don’t know how to respond when getting pulled over by law enforcement.

• Like 1

The Cardinals were one of at least six teams to cancel practice Thursday in protest of the Kenosha, Wis. police shooting of Jacob Blake. 

The Cardinals were joined by the Colts, Washington, Titans, Jets and Broncos. More will surely follow. "There are times when football takes a backburner," Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said. "To see how this affects (players), it’s so tough and hard on those guys. There aren’t a lot of words I can say, and you wish you could, but I just keep going back to making sure they know you care about them and support them above all else." We would expect everyone to return on Friday. 

Aug 27, 2020, 1:11 PM ET
  •  

Practice we’re talking practice. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Hand said:

This country is out of control because people don’t know how to respond when getting pulled over by law enforcement.

I think it's easier for certain people to commit violent crimes than deal with getting pulled over.

Gee, I wonder what group of people that applies to?

how long have they been oppressed again..200 years? that's how long they should protest and postpone games.

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The Cardinals were one of at least six teams to cancel practice Thursday in protest of the Kenosha, Wis. police shooting of Jacob Blake. 

The Cardinals were joined by the Colts, Washington, Titans, Jets and Broncos. More will surely follow. "There are times when football takes a backburner," Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said. "To see how this affects (players), it’s so tough and hard on those guys. There aren’t a lot of words I can say, and you wish you could, but I just keep going back to making sure they know you care about them and support them above all else." We would expect everyone to return on Friday. 

•  

Well f*ck them too.

10 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

•  

I'm about 75% sure I'm going to go ahead and cancel my 30 year FF league.  If someone else wants to step up as commissioner and continue the league, so be it.  I'm done with all this bullchit.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

I'm about 75% sure I'm going to go ahead and cancel my 30 year FF league.  If someone else wants to step up as commissioner and continue the league, so be it.  I'm done with all this bullchit.

FF is not what it used to be, bye weeks, Thursday opening day, information readily available, apps that will draft for you, sites that will manage your team, etc. You don’t even have to watch the games.

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

FF is not what it used to be, bye weeks, Thursday opening day, information readily available, apps that will draft for you, sites that will manage your team, etc. You don’t even have to watch the games.

I agree.  For us, it's more about the tradition of getting together with a good group of guys.  We can find another reason to get together though without supporting this crap.

7 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I don't find this a problem at all. Anyone who puts money on the line does not use apps to draft their team or manage their team. 

And you could say you hate everything because there is more info out there now. Still same level playing field in the end.

I just want politics and social opinions out of sports. If that doesn't end, I'm slowly moving away with my interest in it.

• Like 1

NHL might have Thursday's games postponed

https://www.tsn.ca/lebrun-all-signs-point-to-possible-postponement-of-thursday-s-playoff-games-1.1515410

According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun, all signs are pointing to a possible postponement of Thursday night's Stanley Cup playoff games.

"All signs pointing to possible postponement tonight," LeBrun tweeted. "Source says that’s the likely outcome. But still not fully decided. Lots of conversations among players today."

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger adds that the NHL Players' Association is conducting a call to address the growing sense that players are favouring the postponement.

The Hockey Diversity Alliance announced earlier on Thursday that the group formally asked the league to postpone all of the day's playoff games.

"We the @TheOfficialHDA have formally requested the @NHL to suspend all playoff games today," tweeted HDA co-founder and San Jose Sharks forward  on Thursday. "We strongly feel this sends a clear message that human rights take priority over sports."

LeBrun reports that more than 100 players took part in a call with Kane and co-founder Matt Dumba on Thursday afternoon.

The Hockey Diversity Alliance, a group comprised of nine current and former NHL players of colour, criticized the league for going ahead with games on Wednesday night while every NBA playoff game, plus three in Major League Baseball and others in Major League Soccer and the WNBA, were postponed.

Dreger reported Thursday morning that the NHL was "unlikely to change its position unless driven by the players."

Reached Wednesday night before Tampa Bay-Boston began and after the NBA's decision, deputy commissioner Bill Daly said postponing games was not currently being contemplated. Daly added, “Obviously, we will see if the players feel differently and will respond appropriately and as necessary."

Thursday's playoff schedule includes Games 3 between the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Islanders and the Vegas Golden Knights and Vancouver Canucks.

More to follow.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

I can tell you this, this... will ruin sports.

I honestly wouldn't have an issue with this...  No games, no pay check...  Yeah a lot of them are already set for life, but it would be interesting to see how it would play out...

3 minutes ago, posty said:

I honestly wouldn't have an issue with this...  No games, no pay check...  Yeah a lot of them are already set for life, but it would be interesting to see how it would play out...

People have been waiting and hoping for sports to come back to give them a sense of normality.  When players actively take away that from people... the majority of which do not agree with them, it won't end well.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

People have been waiting and hoping for sports to come back to give them a sense of normality.  When players actively take away that from people... the majority of which do not agree with them, it won't end well.

Definitely won't, that is for sure...

NBA players are easily in the top 0.01% of the most privileged people in the country and they are protesting inequality.   Can you even make this stuff up?

I think it shows amazing intelligence and foresight for the players to cancel sports so that Trump and the RNC get as much viewership as possible. The streaming numbers are about 6x what the DNC pulled so far. The TV ratings are about equal, the first two nights, and what Trump supporter actually watches the news channels, but I suspect the numbers Wed and Thurs will be quite healthy.

Just now, phillybear said:

I think it shows amazing intelligence and foresight for the players to cancel sports so that Trump and the RNC get as much viewership as possible. The streaming numbers are about 6x what the DNC pulled so far. The TV ratings are about equal, the first two nights, and what Trump supporter actually watches the news channels, but I suspect the numbers Wed and Thurs will be quite healthy.

LOL!!  BRILLIANT!!

You know if this was actually brought up to them, they would reverse course...

What about the NFL? Are they canceling training camp?

Just now, edjr said:

What about the NFL? Are they canceling training camp?

There have been some practices canceled...

Is this the real reason Webb Simpson withdrew this week? he should say it was

18 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

if a person needs sports to convey "normalcy", then that person has a ton more problems than not being able to cheer their " heroes" on.

wow. 

6 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

if a person needs sports to convey "normalcy", then that person has a ton more problems than not being able to cheer their " heroes" on.

wow. 

Agreed...  Not everyone likes sports...  I have some friends and co-workers who don't care a rat's ass about sports and it isn't just women...

2 hours ago, nobody said:

NBA playoffs back on by the way.

Apparently the players' hypocrisy only goes so far too. Lol, focking clowns they are. 

Just now, posty said:

Agreed...  Not everyone likes sports...  I have some friends and co-workers who don't care a rat's ass about sports and it isn't just women...

You work with some qweers too?

17 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

You work with some qweers too?

:lol:

Apparently, 4Chan caught Lebron James playing Xbox live, for many, many hours, specifically Madden NFL 21, during his night of protest.

Just awesome. Focking awesome.

1 hour ago, phillybear said:

Apparently, 4Chan caught Lebron James playing Xbox live, for many, many hours, specifically Madden NFL 21, during his night of protest.

Just awesome. Focking awesome.

Ha! Fockin child! 

I look at fantasy the same way I look at horse racing. I’m betting on some animals with numbers and different color jerseys to do well on my behalf. Much like horse racing, I dgaf what they, like the horse, think. 

44 minutes ago, posty said:

Add Red Sox/Blue Jays  to the PPD list...

Combined 25 and 36. Who gives a fock?

Hope they are used to the empty stadiums. People aren’t going to forget this stuff. This is way different than the kneeling crap in 2016. Anyone drawing parallels is clueless. That was a pimple. This is a tumor. 

NHL ratings always suck among the 4 majors. Playoffs in full swing; the NBA pissing off Americans and then not playing - couldn't be better timing! Gain fans, snag big ratings... 

'Nope. Let's enrage our fans and gain woke points.' 

:huh:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hope they are used to the empty stadiums. People aren’t going to forget this stuff. This is way different than the kneeling crap in 2016. Anyone drawing parallels is clueless. That was a pimple. This is a tumor. 

NFL will be next I’m afraid once the season begins.  They will feel too much pressure from all the other professional sports.  Jeesh I hope not...we shall see