KSB2424

Systemic Racism

I see this all the time mentioned as a catch-all but I can’t quite put my finger on where it applies in 2020.  1960? Sure of course, but today?

1.  I’m really trying to understand and am not being facetious.

2.  Is Systemic the same as Institutional Racism.

If so, to me at least, that means the laws and rules of the land are “racist” as in, education, buying a house, voting, healthcare, employment etc. 

Ever since the Civil Rights movement there are not only Constitutional Amendments but all sorts of laws barring such discrimination.  You cannot legally do that stuff in America.  The “Institution” has spoken.  

Of course individuals can be racist.  Human beings are flawed by nature and as long as people look different, have different religions there will always be a certain level of division.  It’s been that since the beginning of time.  Newsflash: it always will too. We are all flawed humans. 

But systemic racism, in America, in 2020?  I need some examples.

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I see this all the time mentioned as a catch-all but I can’t quite put my finger on where it applies in 2020.  1960? Sure of course, but today?

If so, to me at least, that means the laws and rules of the land are “racist” as in, education, buying a house, voting, healthcare, etc. 

Ever since the Civil Rights movement there are not only Constitutional Amendments but all sorts of laws barring such discrimination.  You cannot legally do that stuff in America.  The “Institution” has spoken.  

Of course individuals can be racist.  Human beings are flawed by nature and as long as people look different, have different religions there will always be a certain level of division.  It’s been that since the beginning of time.  Newsflash: it always will too. We are all flawed humans. 

The US Government for decades 

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

If so, to me at least, that means the laws and rules of the land are “racist” as in, education, buying a house, voting, healthcare, etc. 

Simple: any outcome that is negative for a POC is due to systematic racism.  You’re doing it wrong, working from the ground up. You start with the conclusion, skip over everything in between, to include individual choices, and arrive at systemic racism. It doesn’t work if you consider the stuff in the middle, bigot. 

11 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The US Government for decades 

In 2020?  What laws (government) are missing?

Because it doesn't affect you and because you don't experience it, you think it doesn't exist.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

Because it doesn't affect you and because you don't experience it, you think it doesn't exist.

You didn’t answer my question. This is what I’m talking about, people say it as some huge catch-all and use broad brushed “sayings” but what is an actual real life example? In 2020. 

Systemic racism is whites having to pay for an education that minorities get for free or at a reduced cost. Systemic racism is requiring a lower score for certain races on your SAT or ACT to get into the same university. Systemic racism is whites going to the bottom of an application pile because businesses get a tax break for hiring minorites. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, peenie said:

Give an example of systemic racism. Is it all the democrats working hard to keep black people poor and tired in their states? Or is it something else I'm not seeing?

9 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

In 2020?  What laws (government) are missing?

The government has been holding Blacks back since they were free. Right now it is school choice! How are you suppose to get ahead when have a crappy school With too many crappy students and can’t afford to move. We can talk civil war, Jim Crow.separate but equal, and AFDC which was finally replace by TNAF in 1997. The history is there and it hasn’t stopped.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, peenie said:

What about all the black people that are doing fine, some great? Was it a miracle or something? 

I love these threads where KSB 'sincerely' asks a question, moderates a debate and eventually arrives at a conclusion that validates his world views.  :banana:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, peenie said:

Why don't you move to red cities and red states and let me know what the results are.  Virtually all of what I hear on a daily basis, comes from blue cities in blue states.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I love these threads where KSB 'sincerely' asks a question, moderates a debate and eventually arrives at a conclusion that validates his world views.  :banana:

That is funny.  Just like his Tiger woods is the GOAT nonsense threads. 

20 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Systemic racism is whites having to pay for an education that minorities get for free or at a reduced cost. Systemic racism is requiring a lower score for certain races on your SAT or ACT to get into the same university. Systemic racism is whites going to the bottom of an application pile because businesses get a tax break for hiring minorites. 

You won the thread. 

18 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

100%

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What about all the black people that are doing fine, some great? Was it a miracle or something? 

I am talking about poor blacks, who are left behind, whom are stuck in a violent neighborhood, watchIng  there children, friends and neighbors die, and can’t get out because they don’t have an equal start. I think school choice is start. 

19 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Ah, the government again. 

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

come on Honcho..he said he can't quite put his finger on it and he is not being facetious.  he must sincerely want to hear what HT, Idiot99, 90s, etc have to say to clear this up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I am talking about poor blacks, who are left behind, whom are stuck in a violent neighborhood, watchIng  there children, friends and neighbors die, and can’t get out because they don’t have an equal start. 

This happens in inner cities which are controlled by Democrats.  They same people whom those teachers support.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

This happens in inner cities which are controlled by Democrats.  They same people whom those teachers support.

It is still all of our problem and the government is the root cause. They are American Citizens and we should all care. America First!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I am talking about poor blacks, who are left behind, whom are stuck in a violent neighborhood, watchIng  there children, friends and neighbors die, and can’t get out because they don’t have an equal start. I think school choice is start. 

That's the disconnect.  Many of us believe ANYONE can get out.  You just have to want to.  You don't have to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth to succeed in America.  It's too bad that message seems to have been lost on the current generation.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

The government has been holding Blacks back since they were free. Right now it is school choice! How are you suppose to get ahead when have a crappy school With too many crappy students and can’t afford to move. We can talk civil war, Jim Crow.separate but equal, and AFDC which was finally replace by TNAF in 1997. The history is there and it hasn’t stopped.

Are blacks the only ones in poverty? I grew up seeing a lot of very poor white kids in very bad living arrangements with a drunk or 2 drunks for a parents.

The term white trash isnt just for fun.  Go to any rural, rustbelt town....most of the kids are white and poor.  At best low middle class and the poor kids think they are mega rich.  Run down schools that never get funding.  Run down towns or villages that do not see the tax money because it is all spent in the larger cities in the state.  No jobs.  

Anytime I saw on the news a piece on some Buffalo city school they were getting new this or that.  Computer labs.  Sports fields.  My locker door fell off my sophmore year because the lockers were decades old.  

Just now, Baker Boy said:

It is still all of our problem and the government is the root cause. They are American Citizens and we should all care. America First!

Can't fix a problem when the people who are most affected keep voting for the people who are causing the problem.  When you tell them this, you're racist.

9 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Every single other group has climbed out of poverty without any assistance at all. Stop blaming the government.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, peenie said:

Shut up. What’s hard to understand that some people don’t respond to cops? It’s so easy but they don’t understand.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Can't fix a problem when the people who are most affected keep voting for the people who are causing the problem.  When you tell them this, you're racist.

That is the pat easy answer, we will see how this election goes things may be changing. 

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

FATHERS!

AFDC destroyed the family unit which was once the strength of the Black Community. 

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Every single other group has climbed out of poverty without any assistance at all. Stop blaming the government.

This.  My grandfather was son to 2 Italian immigrants.  Quit school in the 8th grade to pick currants in the fields.  He was drafted for the Korean War.  He worked on the railroad when he came back.  He got a job at a furniture plant.  Worked his way up to supervisor and lived moderately comfortable.  Not bad for an 8th grade drop out son to immigrants that speak broken English and were poor as dirt.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

That is the pat easy answer, we will see how this election goes things may be changing. 

AFDC destroyed the family unit which was once the strength of the Black Community. 

Lyndon Johnson

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

The legislation is on the table it goes back 140 years. And other group received assistance.

5 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

If Trump wins, yeah, we may see a change for the good, but I doubt it if Biden wins.  Dems will just pander (as usual), do nothing (as usual), and blame the Republican's (as usual).  Dems need victims.  If they lose even 25% of the black vote, it's over for them.

Edit: Typed too fast (see bold).

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If Trump wins, yeah, we may see a change for the good, but I doubt it.  Dems will just pander (as usual), do nothing (as usual), and blame the Republican's (as usual).  Dems need victims.  If they lose even 25% of the black vote, it's over for them.

Trump will be blamed for 20 plus years. Everything is his fault.

10 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Its never been easier either.

Just be an Uber driver.  Or deliver food.  Companies are begging for drivers right now.  Just keep a reasonable level of credit and get a car loan.  Uber will even give you a car loan to drive for them.  Drive 60-80 hours per week.  You can make thousands every month.  The only roadblock is the democrats who are trying to kill all the 1099 jobs and make it harder to get a job.  Stop voting for them.  But right now you don't even need college to Lyft yourself out of poverty. 

Some of you are so set in your ideas that you can’t change your mind. It is impossible for you to put yourself in someone else position and see how trapped they are.

I think school choice is a start but will still be harder for these kids because after school they have to go bacK to a toxic environment. This is not Black And White it is about Americans who should want to help fellow Americans who want help. They need resources to succeed, SNAP will not do this.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bert said:

That is funny.  Just like his Tiger woods is the GOAT nonsense threads. 

Lets not start this again.

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Some of you are so set in your ideas that you can’t change your mind

2 party system to a T

32 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

They don't have the same obstacles and barriers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peenie said:

They don't have the same obstacles and barriers.

The biggest ones though, are within the community... not from the government.