mattman7168

Advice for 5th pick in keeper league

Hi,

Been in a keeper league for close to 30 years. Always did fairly well but the past few years my life has gotten busier and last year I fell out of the playoffs for the first time in 10+ years (that sucked). I've never felt as unprepared as I do right now. It's non-ppr, roster of 20, cut down to 9 keepers before the draft. 12 teams. Our first rounds are almost exclusively drafting rookies. I have the 5th pick in a snake draft. After trading Brees last year for this year's 2nd rounder I also have the overall 17th and 20th picks. My keeper RBs are L Bell, A. Kamara & C. Edmonds. My WRs are M. Thomas, D. Slayton, & AJ Green (Should have dropped him 2 years ago!).

I predict by the 5th pick I should have a shot at Cam Akers, D. Swift, Dobbins, or Moss. Most likely Dobbins or Moss. Who do you rank higher? What about Dillon?

Or...if Jeudy or Lamb are available do I jump on them instead?

I'm also holding out hope that Burrow will be available at 17 but not likely. My QBs now are D. Jones & S. Darnold.

Thanks for the input!

I would go with Dobbins at 5 if available. Non-ppr if he is gone then probably Zack Moss over the WRs, but the WR ahead of Dillon even though I do like Dillon. QB does look a little rough for you short-term. Tua could be a consideration at 17 or 20 but really you want to go BPA - best player available - regardless of position. We need to improve your keepers for next year where Green is not in that group, probably not Bell and Slayton either, and Edmonds would only possibly be a keeper a year from now if he excels after a Drake injury. Maybe package 17 and 20 to move up for a Burrow/Dillon/Jeudy?

For everyone on the edge of their seats 😁...

At #5 I had the choice of Swift or Moss. I went with Swift.

At #17 I got Jeudy & at #20 I picked Hurst for TE.

I added QB depth with Newton, landed Pittman and last pick was Mims.

I'm hoping it's a good base to build on & grow.