Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Michigan starting to poll red in prez & senate polling

Trump polls +2 in Trafalgar poll.  And now the Michigan senate seat polled +1 GOP.  If that holds up, it basically ends any thought of the democrats winning the senate.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/senate/mi/michigan_senate_james_vs_peters-6964.html

I think it looks like a pretty strong bet that Trump keeps Michigan and Wisconsin which gives him 4 more years.

Trafalgar is considered an outlier...although they sort of nailed it in those states four years ago, so...

Hopefully we'll give Tim Scott a tag team partner with John James. Other than one term of Spencer Abraham in the late 90s, we've had two Dem Senators all my life. It wasn't a problem in that Carl Levin was always worth voting for but the other seat, Stabenow's done basically nothing significant but be a back bencher reliable Dem for three terms. Too bad it's not her we're replacing, Peters isn't Levin but seems decent for a Democrat.

As for president, I don't see how we don't go for Trump. He's been everything we had hoped for on trade and can crucify Biden big time on that issue. We bought him on campaign promises alone last time, and since then he's come through Yoooge!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

⁹This poll was pre RNC convention. They are the only one who has James beating Peters so they are 6%-12% different than the other polls. I didn't see political affiliation but it appears they seem to be able to mine Republicans which has become the hardest thing to do in polling.  

I feel like there is going to be a LOT of rage for our governor that is going to be transferred over into republican votes. 

The only hope for the Democrats at this point is to get this election into the courts. 

4 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Whitmer has done some great work for our President.  

She has done more to get him re-elected than he has in Michigan. 

GC always says polls don’t matter unless they like the polls. Then the polls matter a lot.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The only hope for the Democrats at this point is to get this election into the courts. 

This is what they are aiming for.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

GC always says polls don’t matter unless they like the polls. Then the polls matter a lot.

This again?

Wrong.  I have said this countless times.  SOME people discount all polls.  I say that polls tend to be skewed in favor of democrats.  Try to keep up.

3 minutes ago, riversco said:

This again?

Wrong.  I have said this countless times.  SOME people discount all polls.  I say that polls tend to be skewed in favor of democrats.  Try to keep up.

Trolls don't "keep up" when it doesn't fit the puke they post. It's not part of their job description.

5 minutes ago, riversco said:

This again?

Ah I see. You don’t discount polls. You just assume they’re all skewed against you.

Thanks for clearing that up. 👍🏻 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

Some troof to this statement. 😄

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Some troof to this statement.

Not for me. That would change if I knew that they actually motivate or de-motivate people to vote or not. If Biden shows as leading big and it gets more Trump voters out there, then that's what I want.

It’s so stupid. Everyone knows the polls are slanted against Trump, for many reasons. But when the polls favor Biden and he still loses ground, then yeah, it’s significant.  It’s not that polls are bad, it’s the way they are taken. Anyone with any common sense can figure that out. But if you want to troll, just react with a simplistic analysis. To think so many here went to college is sad. 

• Like 1

I've received 3 mail-in ballots.

I personally want to see trump win just to prove to the liberals that they are not as popular as they think they are. That just because they rage in their little echo chamber does not mean the rest of the world hears or cares. I want to see the heads of these bleeding heart liberals explode when they find out that at least 50% of the country STILL does not approve of their agenda and would rather vote republican. 

41 minutes ago, MDC said:

Ah I see. You don’t discount polls. You just assume they’re all skewed against you.

I've pointed that that summer polling in particular is horribly skewed.  The republican candidate for president has not won the summer polling period since Reagan in 1988.  The republican almost always rallies in the polls in late summer or early fall.  Sometimes by enormous margins.  We are seeing this again in 2020, as Biden took a massive summer polling lead and now its draining away as fall approaches.

Very difficult to take out an incumbent with a strong market. I honestly don't think its ever been done and it was the main reason he was elected. 

51% of Americans have money in the markets despite what Democrats say that most do not. If it stays that way or gets stronger good luck beating him when people see their 401's going up in SEPT and NOV and with  Biden saying he will be raising taxes. 

The market is inflated and will need correction but highly likely not before the election. I think this will be the Democrats last ditch effort, warning of financial doom which is what they did last time.

15 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Very difficult to take out an incumbent with a strong market. I honestly don't think its ever been done and it was the main reason he was elected. 

51% of Americans have money in the markets despite what Democrats say that most do not. If it stays that way or gets stronger good luck beating him when people see their 401's going up in SEPT and NOV and with  Biden saying he will be raising taxes. 

The market is inflated and will need correction but highly likely not before the election. I think this will be the Democrats last ditch effort, warning of financial doom which is what they did last time.

The market will be very good for the next 4 years if Trump gets elected again. The market is betting on that.

Obama didn’t win because of hope and change. He won becisse everyone’s 401k shite the bed. He got re-elected because the market rebounded. People with 401k tend to vote more than everyone else. 

When I took the family camping a couple of weeks ago I saw Trump signs, flags, banners everywhere. Well over 200+. I saw a total of 2 maybe 3 Biden yard signs. Now I admit I didn't go to the major Michigan cities.

Here in my county there are a sh1t ton of Trump signs I know of 3 biden 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

The really really big poll a few years ago was way skewed in favor of the Dems.  Do you know which one I’m thinking of?

bwahahahahahahahahahaha

15 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

When I took the family camping a couple of weeks ago I saw Trump signs, flags, banners everywhere. Well over 200+. I saw a total of 2 maybe 3 Biden yard signs. Now I admit I didn't go to the major Michigan cities.

I am not even joking at all when I say this. I walked around my small asss little town today and I saw probably 5-6 trump flags flying that were not there before. Not one biden sign. Not one. 

27 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Same experience here for a fishing trip I took last weekend.

11 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I am not even joking at all when I say this. I walked around my small asss little town today and I saw probably 5-6 trump flags flying that were not there before. Not one biden sign. Not one. 

Around me, no Trump signs. Only Biden and BLM. Not tons of them though. I think where I live, people won't dare to put up Trump signs in fear of vandalism and hatred from the other party. 

Just now, Utilit99 said:

Around me, no Trump signs. Only Biden and BLM. Not tons of them though. I think where I live, people won't dare to put up Trump signs in fear of vandalism and hatred from the other party. 

I was rather surprised. If I supported trump I would feel like a target. 

I'm not not going Pelosi and saying take it to the bank he can't win but damn near impossible to beat him with a strong market. Average 401Ks are pulling 6 plus % a month. That's 3-10K in gains a month for over half the country for middle and upper middle.

Why would they give that up for unknown circumstances. Not happening. Even if they don't like him the results financially are there. Americans value money. Not BLM, Healthcare, covid response. They want coin. Want the coin either vote for him or stay out of it. I see lots of people just saying phuck it and not voting so they can say they had nothing to do with any of it which is basically a vote for Trump. 

3 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

Wow must be a terrible place to live. 

2 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

I'm not not going Pelosi and saying take it to the bank he can't win but damn near impossible to beat him with a strong market. Average 401Ks are pulling 6 plus % a month. That's 3-10K in gains a month for over half the country for middle and upper middle.

Why would they give that up for unknown circumstances. Not happening. Even if they don't like him the results financially are there. Americans value money. Not BLM, Healthcare, covid response. They want coin. Want the coin either vote for him or stay out of it. I see lots of people just saying phuck it and not voting so they can say they had nothing to do with any of it which is basically a vote for Trump. 

The cities are going to cheat

They got it in full reverse and are backing over their antifa supporters, trying to repair the damage they caused to their nominee:

First Fredo and faggity Lenom. Now No Clue Joe Scarborough. Will Madcow be next to buckle and throw her Antifa buddies under the Biden short bus???

I’ve been condemning the chaos in Portland for some time now. I’m still worried about the safety of citizens and the destruction of family businesses and property. And yes. I’m also deeply offended that rioters think they can set fire to federal buildings. I’m sure you are, too.

On 8/30/2020 at 11:14 AM, kilroy69 said:

I still don't even know what a Biden sign looks like, haven't seen any in my deep blue state.  Plenty of trucks with Trump flags and signs running around.  This morning one said F--- Trump Haters.  I thought that was worth posting about.

8 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I still don't even know what a Biden sign looks like, haven't seen any in my deep blue state.  Plenty of trucks with Trump flags and signs running around.  This morning one said F--- Trump Haters.  I thought that was worth posting about.

Trump flags in yards here with "stop the BS" but BS is written out. We have an HOA but the flags have been up for a couple months. Ain't coming down around here but it is against the rules. There is a GOP office end of the street. Everytime I pass it people walking out with yard signs. This is an outliner upper middle Houston suburb so expected. Normally though, there are a few DNC signs but not this time. I think they are scared to show their colors.

14 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I envy you for having that around you. Where I am it's BYE TRUMP signs, Biden/Harris signs, BLM signs, black fist signs. And all the people who have these in their yards are the multi million dollar home owners.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I envy you for having that around you. Where I am it's BYE TRUMP signs, Biden/Harris signs, BLM signs, black fist signs. And all the people who have these in their yards are the multi million dollar home owners.

Puke

13 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Now that you mention it, some of the homes around the lakes (I guess the ones that cost so much they have so much money that they don't care how much taxes they have to pay) have signs with BLM/Gay Pride type rhetoric on them.  Plenty of BLM type signs on the street corners and people waving signs for local politicians on voting days.  Still haven't see what a Biden sign looks like though.  

There was a thread in the other forum about people who fly American flags, not just on flag day, all the time.  I have a normal size one on the front of my house above the garage doors.  Plenty of regular size flag polls in people's yards in the rural areas (the lefties have a hard time believing people do that).  One guy, at the end of my street has been buying up all the property around his house.  Huge garage and brand new huge shop where I assume he stores a bunch of cars as he owns one of the big car repair body shops in the area, it's more of a compound than just a house now.  Anyway he just put up a HUGE flag pole that must be 80 feet tall or more with a huge flag.  And around the base he has 5 or 6 regular size poles with each of the military branch flags.  It's awesome.  I was going to post a picture over at antifaguys but I'm not allowed to post there anymore because I love our country.

• Like 1