Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Axe Elf Breaks the Seal

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

So you would have taken Henry with the #1 pick? 

No, because snake drafts are for beginners who need a more level playing field, and Axe Elf has advanced to the point where he no longer participates in them.

But yes, I thought Henry would be the best fantasy RB to own in 2020, and from Week 10 on, for the playoff run, he has been (though he's only #2 in standard and #3 in PPR for the whole season; he's a second-halfer).

29 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

No, because snake drafts are for beginners who need a more level playing field, and Axe Elf has advanced to the point where he no longer participates in them.

But yes, I thought Henry would be the best fantasy RB to own in 2020, and from Week 10 on, for the playoff run, he has been (though he's only #2 in standard and #3 in PPR for the whole season; he's a second-halfer).

Yeah, we all see what you do in auctions.....LOL! 

You really do fit the jester profile.

JesterElf has a nice ring to it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Better tell the NFL that...

They know it.  They do everything they can to level the playing field across all 32 teams to maintain some semblance of parity.  If they did an auction draft in the NFL, savvy teams, much like Axe Elf, would dominate the drafts, and thus, the league, for decades on end.

1 hour ago, justforbeer said:

Yeah, we all see what you do in auctions...

Hopefully you were taking notes and will be able to replicate Axe Elf's strategy of drafting the best team yourself next year...

...Or whatever year you graduate to auction drafts.

Hey guys Cut the guy  A break.

considering how deep the draft was, he did play the right draft strategy.  I firmly believe that.

If he wouldnt have had QB injuries,  he most definitely would have been a playoff team.

I dont know that he would have won the league, but i would have guessed he would have (at the very least) made it to the second round of said playoff bracket.

dude had some really bad luck on the injury front and that happens sometimes.

considering the injury situation I think his team performed better than expected.   Mostly due to the depth on his team.  Most people who play no QB for a couple of games like he did are unable to recover.

I'll give him full cudos for not giving up and cudos for almost making it.

keep in mind when you have a draft this with this many teams, all the teams have flaws.  There is no way around that.

either way, thanks for posting your week by week summary.  despite the unfriendly banter I thought it was an interesting read.

I enjoyed it as well. It’s too bad people like that Posty guy have to come in here  and add nothing.  They’ll never put their team up to be dissected. Kudos Ax. 

Woulda lost to the Derrick Henry team in the seminfinals anyway...  He scored 125 points and also had Hopkins, Ahmed and Diggs.

Ironically, though, the Derrick Henry team is going to lose to the team I was looking to replace in the playoffs, assuming that Juju scores at least 0.1 points tonight.  That team has 125 points so far on the strength of Mayfield, Cook, Waller, and Marvin Jones.

So it's looking like the #8 seed will play in the Championship game against the #6 seed (and I would have been playing in the 3rd-place game against the #2 seed).

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

assuming that Juju scores at least 0.1 points tonight

Juju with -0.6 at halftime.  lol

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Juju with -0.6 at halftime.  lol

I guess in ppr he ended up with 2.5?

He was -.05 in one of my leagues.....and that's with Ebron gone early.  Bizarre

4 hours ago, stonewall said:

I guess in ppr he ended up with 2.5?

He was -.05 in one of my leagues.....and that's with Ebron gone early.  Bizarre

Half-PPR.  The #8 seed Juju team got into the Championship game by less than a point, 126.58-125.66.

On 12/17/2020 at 3:04 PM, AxeElf said:

KAMARA