Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Leonard Fournette cut

Woke up to this news wtf is he out of shape? 

2 things to keep track of is who takes the starting role now and where does Fournette land?

4 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Woke up to this news wtf is he out of shape? 

2 things to keep track of is who takes the starting role now and where does Fournette land?

Armstead will be the #1.

Fournette has been in poor standing with the Jags for a couple of years because of his attitude.

7 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Thats interesting. I think he's a good running back. He has had the misfortune of dealing with a pretty bad offensive line. His receiving numbers were huge last year and he showed really good hands in the pass game.

My guess also is he might have been out of shape. Either way let’s start the speculating on where you think he might land. I’m thinking maybe the Patriots, Bears, Rams.... but my personal favorite

The Chiefs. I think he would be a perfect replacement to Damien Williams. If anything he plays more in the style of Kareem hunt who they might still miss. And finally because the chiefs are in win now mode. If they’re recouping any money from Williams they might as well throw it at Fournette for 1 year and chase another title.

I think the main reason for them looking to get rid of Fournette is scheme-based. Jacksonville is looking to run more spread offense instead of having a between the tackles downhill runner. Check out this note...

33 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Washington has to be on the list of possible landing spots.  Probably high on the list.

A lot of people on twitter saying Washington too but that team makes no sense to me. Sure they have a need for RB but they also have a million other needs. I think Washington is in tank mode. Also I highly doubt Fournette wants to go to that dumpster fire of an organization unless it was his absolute last option.

18 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

A lot of people on twitter saying Washington too but that team makes no sense to me. Sure they have a need for RB but they also have a million other needs. I think Washington is in tank mode. Also I highly doubt Fournette wants to go to that dumpster fire of an organization unless it was his absolute last option.

Considering no one would give even a 7th round pick for him, it may be his only option.

1 minute ago, JagFan said:

Considering no one would give even a 7th round pick for him, it may be his only option.

To your point, I’m hearing rumbles that he might actually clear waivers. If that happens then he’s really gonna have to beg teams for a chance.

It certainly looks from appearances and in theory, that the Jags are all in to be Losin for Lawrence!

wow, that's a bit of a surprise.  

but if hes that disruptive in the dressing room, and then shows up overweight and with a bad attitude maybe the decision was to make an example out of him.

its a shame.   dude looked like he was headed towards a solid fantasy season.

I agree Ray, I think the Jags waiting to this time , 11 days before the first game of the season, it was a very personal situation. 

And I would agree with another poster, they are tanking. N

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

To your point, I’m hearing rumbles that he might actually clear waivers. If that happens then he’s really gonna have to beg teams for a chance.

Him clearing waivers just means no one wants to pick up his 4 million dollar contract for the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Him clearing waivers just means no one wants to pick up his 4 million dollar contract for the year.

EXACTLY!

It's why they couldn't get a trade done and why he could clear waivers. It's ALL about the $4M. Nothing else.

3 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Exactly. I figured $4 million isn’t too bad for a player of his caliber but I guess it is.

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

The Chiefs. I think he would be a perfect replacement to Damien Williams. If anything he plays more in the style of Kareem hunt who they might still miss. And finally because the chiefs are in win now mode. If they’re recouping any money from Williams they might as well throw it at Fournette for 1 year and chase another title. 

Say what????

You know he opted out right? And they draft this guy called CEH in the first. I hear he's going in the first round of fantasy drafts too. I'm not sure. I'll have to look into that.

We drafted last night in a 12 team money league. I did not have Fornette but with the last pick my Mr. Irrelevant was none other thannnnnn  ryquell armstead

22 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Exactly. I figured $4 million isn’t too bad for a player of his caliber but I guess it is.

I would have thought there would be a taker at 4 Mil.

but then again lots of teams have their roster set.  if you are gonna release someone and want them to clear waivers, now is the most likely time

to that end I agree, that he is a better optiion for many teams compared to what is there.   but needs to learn the offense first

The Jags tried all off season to trade him, but couldn't because he's owed $4 mil? Did they try calling the Texans? Cause they traded for an older RB who's going to be making $10 mil...Somehow the DJ-Hopkins deal continues to look worse and worse. 

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Wow, the people who took a flyer on Chris Thompson are feeling good today!

They are? Fournettes availability has nothing to do with Thompson’s ability to stay healthy. He’s awesome when he’s on the field, which is basically never. 0 chance he gets anything more than his niche 3rd down role.

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

We drafted last night in a 12 team money league. I did not have Fornette but with the last pick my Mr. Irrelevant was none other thannnnnn  ryquell armstead

I prefer Ozigbo but we'll see. I wouldn’t be shocked if Fournette clears waivers and the Jaguars end up resigning him for less money.

1 minute ago, LoOnAtIk said:

They are? Fournettes availability has nothing to do with Thompson’s ability to stay healthy. He’s awesome when he’s on the field, which is basically never. 0 chance he gets anything more than his niche 3rd down role.

Thompson does usually miss about half the year, but when he's healthy, it's not like JAX has anyone better in Armstead (career 3.1 ypc) or Ozigbo (9 career rushing attempts), and the only other RBs on the roster are a couple of UDFA rookies.

5 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I prefer Ozigbo but we'll see. I wouldn’t be shocked if Fournette clears waivers and the Jaguars end up resigning him for less money.

They're still trying to get Fournette's guarantees voided, so I'd say there's little chance of a reunion.

15 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Wow, the people who took a flyer on Chris Thompson are feeling good today!

I agree.  If they do go with a spread offense/situational game plan as Mike shared earlier, it makes Thompson the more valuable asset due to negative game script.  When he’s healthy.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Thompson does usually miss about half the year, but when he's healthy, it's not like JAX has anyone better in Armstead (career 3.1 ypc) or Ozigbo (9 career rushing attempts), and the only other RBs on the roster are a couple of UDFA rookies.

I agree but if Chris Thompson receives more than 10 touches any given game his body might explode lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JagFan said:

I agree.  If they do go with a spread offense/situational game plan as Mike shared earlier, it makes Thompson the more valuable asset due to negative game script.  When he’s healthy.

Which is why they sign Thompson? 

4 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I don't know if Washington makes any sense either.   

To be honest, I really am unsure if Ron Rivera and the Washington Football Team's coaching staff know what their offensive identity is.   Not a good situation for Fournette.    They don't know who their Left Tackle is going to be.    Duane Haskins has to learn a new offensive scheme, and there's no real offensive threat other than McLaurin (though Steven Sims has flashed at times).   

With David Montgomery being injured, perhaps Chicago?  

I think Armstead is the owner of the most defined role with Fournette being released. 

12 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

I get people saying that Thompson won't be 'the guy' and also won't hold up but he's probably got the most defined role.

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think Armstead is the owner of the most defined role with Fournette being released. 

Thompson’s role is clearly defined. I don’t think that’s in question. As for who is running between the tackles on 1st and 2nd down..... idk. Also can Thompson stay healthy for even half the season.

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Armstead is the odds on favorite to be the starting back, but he was on the Covid list for almost 3 weeks. How in shape he is, how far behind in camp he is, plus the fact that he didn't exactly set the world on fire in limited use last year, Armstead hardly has a defined role.

32 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Yep, Armstead is the guy you turn to when you need to gain 3.1 yards.

Only if you believe every season a player performs the same. 

I’ll stick to Armstead having the most define role.  

Thanks

5 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

You must be a genius! 😉😉😉😉😉😉  JK, I picked up Armstead as the news broke this morning.  He should be a Ronald Jones type I would think.

5 hours ago, kilroy69 said: