jocstrap

NFL Helmets to honor names of police shot victims

https://www.theblaze.com/news/nfl-helmets-names-victims-police-violence

WOW - please be sure to add their criminal record, if they were currently wanted for a crime, and list what drug(s) the victims were on when the incident occurred.  Also,  why couldn't a taser stop them, and most of all...Why did you disobey the police?

• Like 1

Brees is a clown. I now wish bad things for him. Not too bad, but bad enough. 

• Like 1

Instead of numbering the seats in the stadiums, they should name them after homicide victims in democrat cities.

• Haha 1

If you watch the NFL you are supporting this madness.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Brees is a clown. I now wish bad things for him. Not too bad, but bad enough. 

Brees is going to be forced to kneel for the National Anthem.  Then he's going to have to wear the name of a criminal on his jersey that was a bad dude in general.  I wonder how that's going to make him feel?

It sucks that the media is demonizing the police rather than looking at the root cause of the problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jocstrap said:

Bree's is going to be forced to kneel for the National Anthem.  Then he's going to have to wear the name of a criminal on his jersey that was a bad dude in general.  I wonder how that's going to make him feel?

Who is Bree?

Big mistake.  The NFL is no longer bullet-proof.  Conservative fans are in fact moving on, and with the pandemic people have come to realize there are plenty of other things to do.

4 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Big mistake.  The NFL is no longer bullet-proof.  Conservative fans are in fact moving on, and with the pandemic people have come to realize there are plenty of other things to do.

Well, now I"m out.

Guess maybe I'll turn to Soccer now for my entertainment.  F@ck the NFL.  They don't care about their fans, then I won't care about them.

NBA ratings, which were already tanking, are now officially in the gutter.  Keep following their lead NFL. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

NBA ratings, which were already tanking, are now officially in the gutter.  Keep following their lead NFL. 

:thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, jocstrap said:

Brees is going to be forced to kneel for the National Anthem.  Then he's going to have to wear the name of a criminal on his jersey that was a bad dude in general.  I wonder how that's going to make him feel?

He's a wuss who said the right thing and the buckled to a bunch of losers, flipping his position, making him a loser.

He's now just a pathetic terd.

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Beautiful.

Signed up today to help coach little  kids soccer. Sunday mornings and afternoons.  I don’t know much about soccer. Don’t care. I’m more free on sundays now. No nfl ticket either. My only reason to pay attention at all is fantasy, and that’s only for my friends. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

The good thing about the Giants sucking so badly is that it makes it easy for me to walk away from the NFL.

Told the Giants to take me off their ticket list. Told them I’m still a fan, just not a customer anymore. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Signed up today to help coach little  kids soccer. Sunday mornings and afternoons.  I don’t know much about soccer. Don’t care. I’m more free on sundays now. No nfl ticket either. My only reason to pay attention at all is fantasy, and that’s only for my friends. 

I don't need to watch the games to get my stats for FF.  Seriously, though, I'm considering even dropping FF.

But, ultimately, the don't care about the fans.  It's all about placating professional grievance groups and virtue signalling.  We need leaders at all levels of government to stomp all this out.  I'm not seeing that from anyone other than Trump, and he's limited to what he can do.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I don't need to watch the games to get my stats for FF.  Seriously, though, I'm considering even dropping FF.

But, ultimately, the don't care about the fans.  It's all about placating professional grievance groups and virtue signalling.  We need leaders at all levels of government to stomp all this out.  I'm not seeing that from anyone other than Trump, and he's limited to what he can do.

I dropped FF too.

53 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

I didnt play FF for the last few years,  but watched games.  I actually considered FF again until now.  Nor will an NFL game be on at my house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

If you watch the NFL you are supporting this madness.

If true, I'm out. :wall:

58 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

If true, I'm out. :wall:

23 minutes ago, iambuttugly said:

Yea me too.

This is all part of the class war disguised as a race war. BLM/antifa are hoping you boycott. By virtue of your personal boycott based on unarmed black "victims" murdered by police being featured on helmets, you are examples of how our "systems" are inherently racist.  And your privledged boycott is proof that this racism cannot be eradicated.  Therefore, our systems need to be torn down and replaced with an equal socialized utopia.

Won’t be getting nfl Sunday ticket cause I don’t care to watch the games like I used to. Instead sports, it’s turned into a political fiasco. Still will do FF (had our draft this past Saturday) but a few guys did like y’all and said they are done with the NFL as well as FF

16 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This is all part of the class war disguised as a race war. BLM/antifa are hoping you boycott. By virtue of your personal boycott based on unarmed black "victims" murdered by police being featured on helmets, you are examples of how our "systems" are inherently racist.  And your privledged boycott is proof that this racism cannot be eradicated.  Therefore, our systems need to be torn down and replaced with an equal socialized utopia.

What a terrible reason not to boycott! They are going to lie no matter what you do. If you don’t boycott they will say middle America agrees with them. That is why you boycott. I have been boycotting since the end of 2016 because I don’t want politics involved in my entertainment. I think we kill the Golden Goose (NFL) and never go back. They will get the message once it effects their pocket book. I’ve been called a racist by the Black community for is long as I remember, at some point they might be correct. 

The NFL has been pushing politics at us for decades, it won’t stop.

13 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Won’t be getting nfl Sunday ticket cause I don’t care to watch the games like I used to. Instead sports, it’s turned into a political fiasco. Still will do FF (had our draft this past Saturday) but a few guys did like y’all and said they are done with the NFL as well as FF

so you agree with players, then you should watch.

You don’t have to watch to win at FF. I did it in 2018. 

14 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So be it. Can’t have my money. Get it from the hipsters and anarchists. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

so you agree with players, then you should watch.

You don’t have to watch to win at FF. I did it in 2018. 

I might watch a game or two but I’m kinda over it. Won’t be tuning in like I used to where I had to have a game on at all times and switching back and forth 

The Detroit Lions cancelled practice Tuesday to protest Jacob Floyd. The NFL sucks, our team sucks, and now we are laying a claim to being the wokest team in the league.

I am offically fully divorced permanently of being a Pistons and Lions fan and of the entire NBA. The Tigers/MLB are holding by a thread but not this year. I'm not tuning in and I'll reevaluate in 2021. The NFL, I've dropped playing FF and with the Lions being a communist organization, the chance I ever get interested again, frankly, is very, very low.

Dead to me - Pistons, Lions, NBA

On probation but haven't closed the door - NFL, MLB, Tigers

Still a fan - NHL, Red Wings

Both Big Ten and MAC have cancelled their seasons too. Fock off. But I can come back although frankly, I've known all my life how focking woke UM is. Or maybe I just move on and root for non-woke schools even though they're all out of state.

NFL and NBA is in a tough position.  They basically have to kneel and kiss the ring since most of their athletes are black.  It is a lose lose.

I am turned off but realize they are basically forced.

I used to love NFL Countdown and pre shows.  Or NFL Primetime.  I havent watched those in years since the product has went to crap and they dont really talk football half the time.

For the last 2 years I have streamed games for free.  At first was because I started to hate Direct TV.  Now in addition Im not giving the NFL my ratings.

I was out of FF because it became less and less fun.  But was roped into a league this year because a friend needed 1 more.  

I will keep watching in some capacity but each year I am less and less interested.  Id be glued to the TV all day Sunday.  These days I will catch the Packers game and use the rest of my day doing something else.  

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

NFL and NBA is in a tough position.  They basically have to kneel and kiss the ring since most of their athletes are black.  It is a lose lose.

I am turned off but realize they are basically forced.

I used to love NFL Countdown and pre shows.  Or NFL Primetime.  I havent watched those in years since the product has went to crap and they dont really talk football half the time.

For the last 2 years I have streamed games for free.  At first was because I started to hate Direct TV.  Now in addition Im not giving the NFL my ratings.

I was out of FF because it became less and less fun.  But was roped into a league this year because a friend needed 1 more.  

I will keep watching in some capacity but each year I am less and less interested.  Id be glued to the TV all day Sunday.  These days I will catch the Packers game and use the rest of my day doing something else.  

I don't think they're forced at all.  It's too bad the sports leagues have forgotten that the athletes are their EMPLOYEES.  You follow our rules or GTFO.  The NFL/NBA did fine long before Kap and Lequit were part of them.  These leagues just have to have the balls to tell their players they're not a political machine, most fans don't want politics mixed in with their sports, and get the fock on to the court and play the game. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

It sucks that the media is demonizing the police rather than looking at the root cause of the problem.

Not only are we not looking for root causes, but the problems themselves are being wildly over exaggerated.  

I give credit to the Geeks who actually stop watching the NFL or playing fantasy football. Lot of drama queens out there whine about the league for years but can’t stop watching. At least some of you are willing to put your money where your mouth is.

37 minutes ago, MDC said:

I give credit to the Geeks who actually stop watching the NFL or playing fantasy football. Lot of drama queens out there whine about the league for years but can’t stop watching. At least some of you are willing to put your money where your mouth is.

Thanks...

43 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’ve never been a fan of boycotting anything. But I’ve completely stopped watching the NBA. That is worse than NFL when it comes to all this. 

It’s bad timing for too.  People have found other avenues outside of sports for their time.  The NBA ratings show it.  

20 minutes ago, MDC said:

The moral gauge of sports fans has become comical. Up til now they've turned a blind eye to a kinds of maleficent behavior.

Beating women, domestic abuse, adultery, tax evasion, arms possession, drug running, prostitution, aggravated assault, murder - all acceptable acts under the previous morals umbrella. None of which a reason to boycott sports or their favorite teams. 

But by Gawd you take a knee or go woke - they're out, moral switch triggered.

I'm not happy about the woke movement hijacking sports - it pisses me off quite frankly. But I don't pretend to derive my morality from sports or my favorite teams either. I'm not that big of a hypocrite, least I hope not. 

sucks. big time shame. i would never watch another game again but it's something my daughter likes to talk about with me...sports...especially the eagles. it's not her fault they are woke cucks. :(

17 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

The moral gauge of sports fans has become comical. Up til now they've turned a blind eye to a kinds of maleficent behavior.

Beating women, domestic abuse, adultery, tax evasion, arms possession, drug running, prostitution, aggravated assault, murder - all acceptable acts under the previous morals umbrella. None of which a reason to boycott sports or their favorite teams. 

But by Gawd you take a knee or go woke - they're out, moral switch triggered.

I'm not happy about the woke movement hijacking sports - it pisses me off quite frankly. But I don't pretend to derive my morality from sports or my favorite teams either. I'm not that big of a hypocrite, least I hope not. 

You make a solid point. I guess where it’s different for me, is that while many of the players are not good guys, neither are many owners and front office people and media, I never thought all of them are bad. I knew it was a case of a few bad apples. Maybe more than a few.  But to now be moralized at by all of them when they are rife with their own  lowlifes, is a bit much. I gave them the benefit of realizing that it’s not everyone. They don’t want to reciprocate that same line of thinking. Plus they just won’t acknowledge the truth.  When a corrupt fool like Pete Carrol says stupid things like his black players are afraid of going to the store, the shark has been jumped. With stupidity like that being spouted, I’ll go to my corner. I’m against stupidity that makes things worse.