Sign in to follow this  
txlssp

9th pick in 12 team. How did I do?

Just finished my draft. Picked 9th in a 12 team ppr. All TDs are 6 points. Also, we had to draft 2 DST and 2 K.  We start 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2 RB/WR Flex, 1 TE, 1 DST, and 1 K.
QB: K. Murray, B. Mayfield
RB:  J. Jacobs, K. Drake, J. Taylor, K. Hunt, A. Mattison
WR: A. Thielen, DJ Moore,, D. Parker, D. Johnson, D. Slayton 
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Goedert
DST: Chiefs, Eagles  
K: Z. Gonzalez, M. Prater

I think I did ok overall, but just worried that I didn't pick any safe or consistent players, and based it more on potential.  I know my weakness is TE, but after TE went off pretty quickly, I decided to wait and instead strengthen my backup WR and RB.

Thanks in advance!

It looks like you were generally able to cross the next name off of your player list fairly successfully.

1 hour ago, txlssp said:

Just finished my draft. Picked 9th in a 12 team ppr. All TDs are 6 points. Also, we had to draft 2 DST and 2 K.  We start 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2 RB/WR Flex, 1 TE, 1 DST, and 1 K.

I think I did ok overall, but just worried that I didn't pick any safe or consistent players, and based it more on potential.  I know my weakness is TE, but after TE went off pretty quickly, I decided to wait and instead strengthen my backup WR and RB.

Thanks in advance!

Good job. 

Well, you DO know your weakness is at TE.  Hopefully your other positions score high enough that your TE doesn't matter.

Please see mine:

I like your core RB/WR , unless someone goes off , you should have.an advantage weekly with putting up consistent (tough to beat) numbers.  I'm not sold on the AZ QB but I see your reasoning behind it.  I think Mayfield is slightly better than Johnny Manzell.  Sorry , drop Mayfield, pick up Minchew, you'll be happy.  

On 9/1/2020 at 3:25 AM, txlssp said:

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't say you didn't pick any safe or consistent players. Jacobs will be a bell cow and has upside if reports of him getting more receiving work is true. I'm really high on DJ Moore too who's a great PPR play with an improved QB whose forte is short/intermediate routes - that's where DJ eats. If he ups his scoring totals he could be a top 10 WR.

Your last few WRs have upside. Drake is a slight risk if he can't replicate last year as you've used a premium pick on him, but I like the upside with Taylor and Hunt so you're pretty well covered there too.

What TEs are available on waivers in your league?

I drafted 9th as well, we pretty much have the same team so I think you did Awesome, lol :rolleyes:

You took Drake and I took Mixon, Our Receivers are the same and you got Murray at QB and I got Ertz at TE instead?