Sign in to follow this  
yupper

RB at the end of RD1/RD2 turn

Hi all,

I play in a 10 team .5ppr. My draft is this weekend and I've done my share of mock drafts, but I have questions with nearly every RB towards the end of RD1. (Mixon-Contract/Migraines, M. Sanders-Hurt, RBBC maybe?, K. Drake-Hurt, J. Jacobs-2 down back, not gonna catch the ball much, etc.) I don't usually approach the draft with a specific route that I wanna take, but if D. Adams falls to me at 10 and J. Jones at 11 would you go that route? I know RD3 and 4 have really good WR and the RB have just as many questions. So basically, which of these scenarios do you like better?

Scenario 1                                                            Scenario 2

RD1: D. Adams/J. Jones                                   RD1: J. Mixon/M. Sanders

RD2: J. Jones/ T. Hill/T. Kelce                          RD2: K. Drake/J.Jacobs

RD3: C. Carson                                                    RD3 & 4: OBJ, DJ Moore, A. Cooper, A. Thielan, JuJu

RD4: J. Conner

Joe Mixon chalked up 994 yards last season--in the 2nd 8 games.  Last year's injured top draft pick returns to the O-line, AJ Green returns, hopefully with an ace QB...

If he fell to the turn he would be very hard to pass.

Probly the best you could do in the first five rounds would be Mixon, Ekeler or Jacobs, Thielen, Woods and Chark--but the 10-slot in a 10-teamer is rough.

I think it's a mistake for anyone to draft a WR in the first or early second round. It's just too easy to find quality players in the mid and late rounds. Startable RB's are gone by round 5 or 6, and decent depth guys are gone by round 8 or 9. They may have red flags, but they are the hardest position to find and the backbone to most solid fantasy teams.

• Like 1

Personally I would go Drake/Lamar Jackson. End up with 2 potential top 5 RB's and a top 3 QB....in just 2 picks.

Then be looking for David Johnson at the 3/4 turn.

Pair Jackson up with Hollywood Brown also, if possible.

After Rd 2 most "reliable" RBs are gone.  There are plenty of good WRs in the middle to even later rds.  In a 10 team league the RBs left in the middle of the 2nd rd are guys like Sanders, Drake and A. Jones.  If you can get any 2 RBs anywhere bt CMC and Chubb/Mixon DO IT.  Seriously, are you THAT much more confident in Sanders, Drake or Jones than you are in a guy like Mostert that you can get in rd 5 or 6?   Get the 2 best RBs you can in rds 1&2 then just load up on WRs in rds 3-7 like Galladay, Ridley, Metcalf, Woods, DJ Moore, Chark, Sutton, etc.  There are many more, those are just a few.  Forget QB and TE early.  Other than Kelce or Kittle, every other TE is a crap shoot.  Im just gonna draft 1 or 2 guys late like Hurst, J. Smith, or the totally overlooked Herndon (who else is Darnold throwing to?).  QB - get Ryan in the 9th (ATL will throw a TON this year and easy schedule vs pass), Stafford in 11th, or even Ben in 13th.  

39 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

who else is Darnold throwing to?

Ryan Griffin; Herndon can't stay healthy.

Herndon Injured in Tuesday's Practice

FUN FACT:  Didja know that Travis Kelce and Ryan Griffin had the same number of regular-season receiving TDs last year?  Foster Moreau, Darren Waller's backup with the Raiders, also had the same number of regular-season receiving TDs last year (5).

Same dilemma for me in a 12 team (PPR)

Ekelar, Mixon, Drake, Sanders, Chubb and Jones are all there.

I think I am going RB/RB or RB/Kelce and going for WR's later....

Either way, how might you all rank the RB's?  I am thinking highly of Ekelar because I think he gets you at least 1400 combined yds but Mixon has appeal to me too.  Drake I think is in a walking boot, Sanders is hurt too and Hunt scares me away from Chubb.  Had Jones last year and was great.  

Appreciate any feedback/advice.

Jones

Mixon

Drake 

Sanders

The Chubb. 

14 hours ago, yupper said:

Hi all,

I play in a 10 team .5ppr. My draft is this weekend and I've done my share of mock drafts, but I have questions with nearly every RB towards the end of RD1. (Mixon-Contract/Migraines, M. Sanders-Hurt, RBBC maybe?, K. Drake-Hurt, J. Jacobs-2 down back, not gonna catch the ball much, etc.) I don't usually approach the draft with a specific route that I wanna take, but if D. Adams falls to me at 10 and J. Jones at 11 would you go that route? I know RD3 and 4 have really good WR and the RB have just as many questions. So basically, which of these scenarios do you like better?

Scenario 1                                                            Scenario 2

RD1: D. Adams/J. Jones                                   RD1: J. Mixon/M. Sanders

RD2: J. Jones/ T. Hill/T. Kelce                          RD2: K. Drake/J.Jacobs

RD3: C. Carson                                                    RD3 & 4: OBJ, DJ Moore, A. Cooper, A. Thielan, JuJu

RD4: J. Conner

I keep seeing people say that about Jacobs, but you know when you look at his avg per game non ppr, he avg a point and a half more then Mixon did per game and he avg just 0.4 less per  game than Ekeler did, I think Jacobs should be the first rb you take. 

And T Hill we’ll be the better than those other WRs. 

Hey good luck. 

If Mixon's  there I'd jump on that pick but if he's not there's a couple of guys worthwhile grabbing. I agree with Serenity Now's thinking. RB's are gonna go fast and there's still quality WR's in the 3rd and 4th. I'd grab the best two RB's with your picks. If Mixon isn't there I'd like taking Clyde Edward-Helaire. He's gonna see a lot of work. If Drake's OK health wise he's a decent option. He'll see a lot of passes. I also like Sanders. He'll be Philly's do all back getting a lot of catches. If he stays healthy he'll finish top 10 for sure. Somebody's gonna have to catch passes in Green Bay besides Davante Adams. Jones will see his fair share of passes as well as plenty of carries. He may not be with the Packers next year so he's gonna want to build himself a good resume for possible suitors next year so he's got incentive. So target two rbs who'll not only get carries but their fair share oof catches since you get PPR for backs. What you might lose in a top WR rds. 1 & 2 you'll be glad you grabbed 2 rbs with your picks. You'll be able to find decent WR's that'll make up for not grabbing a Thomas or Adams.

Great question as I'm in the same boat but mine is a keeper league. I'm drafting on the turn at 1.10 and 2.01 with two potential keepers in Julio and Kenyan Drake. But...there's a good chance Jacobs and Mixon will be there so I'm thinking of Julio at 1.10 and one of those guys or CEH at 2.01. Helaire really intrigues me in the keeper league. So I guess the question is which of these is best:

1. Julio/Mixon

2. Julio/Jacobs

3. Julio/CEH

4. Mixon/CEH

I'm normally an RB/RB guy but last year I went RB/WR and won the league.

1 hour ago, rotisserieking said:

Great question as I'm in the same boat but mine is a keeper league. I'm drafting on the turn at 1.10 and 2.01 with two potential keepers in Julio and Kenyan Drake. But...there's a good chance Jacobs and Mixon will be there so I'm thinking of Julio at 1.10 and one of those guys or CEH at 2.01. Helaire really intrigues me in the keeper league. So I guess the question is which of these is best:

1. Julio/Mixon

2. Julio/Jacobs

3. Julio/CEH

4. Mixon/CEH

Ppr? 

2 hours ago, DocNiner said:

If Mixon's  there I'd jump on that pick but if he's not there's a couple of guys worthwhile grabbing. I agree with Serenity Now's thinking. RB's are gonna go fast and there's still quality WR's in the 3rd and 4th. I'd grab the best two RB's with your picks. If Mixon isn't there I'd like taking Clyde Edward-Helaire. He's gonna see a lot of work. If Drake's OK health wise he's a decent option. He'll see a lot of passes. I also like Sanders. He'll be Philly's do all back getting a lot of catches. If he stays healthy he'll finish top 10 for sure. Somebody's gonna have to catch passes in Green Bay besides Davante Adams. Jones will see his fair share of passes as well as plenty of carries. He may not be with the Packers next year so he's gonna want to build himself a good resume for possible suitors next year so he's got incentive. So target two rbs who'll not only get carries but their fair share oof catches since you get PPR for backs. What you might lose in a top WR rds. 1 & 2 you'll be glad you grabbed 2 rbs with your picks. You'll be able to find decent WR's that'll make up for not grabbing a Thomas or Adams.

Jacobs and T Hill= money. 

If you can get CEH that’s the guy. 

Well, I didn’t end up with Mixon or any of those RB cause Kamara fell to me at the last pick in Rd1. I saw value there so I took Kamara with the 1st pick and D. Adams with the 2nd pick. Although I’m happy that Kamara fell to me, I’m nervous about his current situation. I hope he works out and doesn’t suck. We shall see.

29 minutes ago, yupper said:

Well, I didn’t end up with Mixon or any of those RB cause Kamara fell to me at the last pick in Rd1. I saw value there so I took Kamara with the 1st pick and D. Adams with the 2nd pick. Although I’m happy that Kamara fell to me, I’m nervous about his current situation. I hope he works out and doesn’t suck. We shall see.

Good luck. 

I had two drafts with pick 11 and 12. 

I went Julio and Mixon in one

I went D.Adams and Jacobs in the second. 

I know there are plenty of WR. I went heavy on WR in most drafts, They dissapear too. I will draft Taylor in the early 4rth in a few leagues, Cam Akers and Swift late too.I feel having one stud RB and 3 great WR is a fantastic foundation to your team. If you draft well one of these young RB's will hopefully pan out. 

DND draft list::: Gurley, Bell and D.Johnson

Mostert is definitely worth a flyer in round 5 or 6.  

Lions just sign Peterson, so Swift now has both K Johnson and Peterson to compete with. 

So did you rank both Jones and Adams over Hill? 

On 9/3/2020 at 1:15 PM, rotisserieking said:

1. Julio/Mixon

2. Julio/Jacobs

3. Julio/CEH

4. Mixon/CEH

The keepers were just announced and both Mixon and Jacobs were protected so I'm all in on CEH now at 2.01. 

Side note: I have a new owner in the league this year and he protected Josh Allen 🤔🤣🤣 I even reminded him of the rules and said you don't HAVE to keep two but he was like "I'm good, that guy's awesome." 

Whatever questions you have about the RBs at the end of the 1st, multiply them by about a 100 when you get to the 3rd/4th and still haven't taken an RB.

The depth drops off so steeply at the position.

there's always a drop off.

Here's the thing.  It's not a sure thing RB taken in the first 2 rounds will perform.

Many don't.

Take the best available player.