Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Jacob Blake shooting - honest question

15 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Who tackles a guy with a knife?

He was running away.  was the knife sticking out his ass?

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

To be fair, that is how all military and police are taught - or anybody in an enforcement role.  When in a situation where it's your life (or a innocent bystander) or theirs, you take their life and/or neutralize the threat.

This ain't like the movies where you shoot them in the knee to disable them.  That rarely, if ever, works.  You shoot center-mass until the threat is neutralized.  "Potential" threats are even worse because you have to make a judgement call in a split second.  Known threats make those calls much easier.

Media knows all police and military have rules of engagement. If they go by those there is no story other than people wanting those rules changed. Criminal warrant, assaulted police, goes for knife. There is no rule of engagement broken on any police force or military unit where this person can't be shot dead. None.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, edjr said:

He was not running away he was walking to his car. I guess you’ve never used a knife as a weapon and as a Cop you wouldn’t last very long. 

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

He was not running away he was walking to his car.

With a knife sticking out of his ass?

29 minutes ago, edjr said:

Please tell me you're trolling.

Otherwise, that's just dumb. 

• Like 2

Just now, BLS said:

I think ed confused jacob blake for the guy who was just out for a jog.

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I think ed confused jacob blake for the guy who was just out for a jog.

Jim Fixx?

2 hours ago, edjr said:

With a knife sticking out of his ass?

Would he be a greater threat if it was in his ass vs his hand?

Just now, Fireballer said:

Would he be a greater threat if it was in his ass vs his hand?

if he's walking away and trying to get in a car, yes.

• Haha 1

He was casually walking, not running away at all. Also he’s a felon with a warrant, so he isn’t allowed to leave the scene at all. 

42 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

He was casually walking, not running away at all. Also he’s a felon with a warrant, so he isn’t allowed to leave the scene at all. 

I wouldn't say he was leaving the scene, the car was at the scene.

6 hours ago, BLS said:

That is pretty dumb and there have been a lot of dumb things posted here over time. 

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

If he wasn't a felon with a warrant he would have been allowed to leave the scene??? 

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

If he wasn't a felon with a warrant he would have been allowed to leave the scene??? 

Not until officers were satisfied that there was no crime committed during their investigation.  Until then hes under investigative detention based on the reasonable suspicion of the 911 complaint.

11 minutes ago, KayJay1971 said:

That is pretty dumb and there have been a lot of dumb things posted here over time. 

Wait, are we at FBG now?

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Not until officers were satisfied that there was no crime committed during their investigation.  Until then hes under investigative detention based on the reasonable suspicion of the 911 complaint.

I know.  My question was directed at the person who suggested things would have been different absent a warrant.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

No, the cops were there because of a 911 call made against him.  He was going to be there til things were sorted out even if he hadn’t been just wrestling with cops on the ground. The story gets painted as an innocent bystander was breaking up an argument, got harassed by cops, tried to leave and was shot Because he was black, all untrue.

• Thanks 1

Reporters should be doing a story on wheelchair prisoners. How does it work exactly cause that's where he's going once he gets out of that comfy bed.  

So, honest question. You're close enough to grab the guy's t-shirt. The guy has his back to you. And if you honestly fear for your life? How about one shot to the back of the head as opposed to seven 2 the kidneys?

"We're trained to kill!" Okay s*******, then why is he still alive.? At literally, point-blank f****** range?

The cops a f****** idiot. There were multiple ways to neutralize the threat if indeed he felt threatened. He chose the worst possible f****** way.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

The cops a f****** idiot. There were multiple ways to neutralize the threat if indeed he felt threatened. He chose the worst possible f****** way.

:lol: Nail on head. They should have told him to stop. They should have tazed him. They should have tazed him twice. 

Once again Wiff pwns the snowflakes and their crybaby talk.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

So, honest question. You're close enough to grab the guy's t-shirt. The guy has his back to you. And if you honestly fear for your life? How about one shot to the back of the head as opposed to seven 2 the kidneys?

He was reaching in the car where there was a knife on the floor.  The police tried every possible non-lethal way to stop the guy.  Unfortunately every attempt to stop him physically and with non-lethal weapons failed.  It is funny in a sad way how many lies you must tell to spin a story to sound good.  

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol: Nail on head. They should have told him to stop. They should have tazed him. They should have tazed him twice. 

Once again Wiff pwns the snowflakes and their crybaby talk.

To be fair, Wiff only saw the 5 second CNN clip.

1 hour ago, Gladiators said:

To be fair, Wiff only saw the 5 second CNN clip.

I assumed he was being sarcastic because no one could be that ignorant about what happened.  Even the libs know, but they have an agenda here. 

My real take on Blake is he's probably not that bad a dude.  He's carting his kids around like any other dad, gets a call that his b1tches are fighting (probably again), has to break that stuff up, then the cops show (because some dumass call them about some stoopid b1tches fighting), he hasn't done anything wrong, is worn out, knows that he is going to jail for doing nothing, no one to watch the kids, and loses his head.  Ghetto stuff, but I kind of get it.  Any person the proactively disses the police is going to get shot. 

31 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I think you’ve subconsciously set your expectations extremely low here. 

Consciously actually. I am trying to relate what it's like to be a ghetto hustler with at least the slightest bit of conscience who is having a bad day.  His parents are both intelligent, even if the dad is a nut, so it seems he was well raised. 3 sons in the car shows he is a participant in their lives (maybe moreso than the mothers). There is more here than George Floyd.  And the press is on it.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Consciously actually. I am trying to relate what it's like to be a ghetto hustler with at least the slightest bit of conscience who is having a bad day.  His parents are both intelligent, even if the dad is a nut, so it seems he was well raised. 3 sons in the car shows he is a participant in their lives (maybe moreso than the mothers). There is more here than George Floyd.  And the press is on it.

Think they can find out where he worked and supported those three kids? Can’t find it anywhere.  

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Think they can find out where he worked and supported those three kids? Can’t find it anywhere.  

He worked the streets.  :dunno:

Just now, tanatastic said:

He has 6 kids by 3 women, not just the three in the car.

That’s a lot of child support. How was he making that nut? 

23 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

I assumed he was being sarcastic because no one could be that ignorant about what happened. 

Why?  It is the story that is being told by the MSM and the black activists.  As much crap as I give the MSM, they usually at least try to be factual when they spin a story.  When it comes to these stories involving race, the MSM becomes recklessly negligent in telling a story that makes whitey/police look bad, and they never give a rats ass about correcting it once they are proven wrong.   These fake narrative continue to persist long after proven false due to willful neglect and denial of facts.