Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Fournette to Bucs

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Why would someone rank R Jones as a meaningless rb.  

He still as value. 

What  Fournette has been hasn’t been all that bad , as you think, he’s been on bad organization. , and he’s been much better then your draft pick R Jones. 

I never saw Jones higher then a low rb2 , I loved him in the flex, but I don’t know why you would think that with Fournette on the team Jones isn’t worthy of being ranked on the top 60. 

Shame on you. 

Now get yourself together and act appropriate. 

What are you talking about?

I was just pointing out that if you think Fournette is a massive upgrade and a three down back, how is Jones even relevant without an injury? Feel free to inform me how I need "pull myself together" and how anything I said was "inappropriate."

42 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Maybe he gets cut, but it’s not hard to trim 1.5 million. Regardless I was just passing along info from a mostly reliable, certainly plugged in NFL reporter, who has sources telling him not only is shady staying put, he will be getting some reps on game day. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I am staying away from this mess unless RJ or Fournette is still in the board after round 7...

I'm fine with them keeping McCoy because depth is always great.  Also, nothing wrong with working with him all sorts of situations.  That said, how the team actually uses him is up to them.  The stats bear at that using McCoy to pass block is bad idea.  Same with Fournette.  Ogunbowale is the best pass blocking back on the team and when push comes to shove, it'll be him that's in there in those situations.  

If Jones plays like crap, he will, and should, lose his job.  I don't think he will.  He's pretty solid, but the situation was terrible when Winston was under center.  He's very talented and a great fantasy QB, but he's just an awful decision maker... which is his biggest flaw.  That 's hard to over come as a RB, when teams stack the box and beg you to pass the ball.  Even with his 170+ carries, he was still top 5 in the NFL in broken tackles.  That won't be the case with Brady back there.  Teams will now fear the pass and the running lanes will be more open.  I think Jones will take advantage of that.

1 hour ago, Serenity Now said:

What are you talking about?

I was just pointing out that if you think Fournette is a massive upgrade and a three down back, how is Jones even relevant without an injury? Feel free to inform me how I need "pull myself together" and how anything I said was "inappropriate."

Lol I’m sorry, I was just having fun. 

As for your point about Jones being Relevant, I think the Zeke is and should be the number one pick in ff, but I still have T Pollard on my top 60 list, what if the Zeke gets hurt?  So anything can happen , and that still makes R Jones valuable to me it does.  

But Fournette is a three down back, him being picked up does indeed hurt R Jones, I wouldn’t have had R Jones listed as a high rb3 - low rb2 if he wasn’t going to be the starting rb on what should be a very good offense, now that’s not going to be the case, no matter what those you’ve already draft R Jones say, Fournette is a lot better and R Jones is now a back up, with value, but not high rb3 - rb2 value.  

The other stuff was just me having fun , I just don’t take it that seriously,  

Thanks for the reply 

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Lol I’m sorry, I was just having fun. 

As for your point about Jones being Relevant, I think the Zeke is and should be the number one pick in ff, but I still have T Pollard on my top 60 list, what if the Zeke gets hurt?  So anything can happen , and that still makes R Jones valuable to me it does.  

But Fournette is a three down back, him being picked up does indeed hurt R Jones, I wouldn’t have had R Jones listed as a high rb3 - low rb2 if he wasn’t going to be the starting rb on what should be a very good offense, now that’s not going to be the case, no matter what those you’ve already draft R Jones say, Fournette is a lot better and R Jones is now a back up, with value, but not high rb3 - rb2 value.  

The other stuff was just me having fun , I just don’t take it that seriously,  

Thanks for the reply 

Gotcha.

We'll see how it all plays out, and if Fournetter can finally be the back everyone thought he would be.  As for my team, Jones is currently my RB3 slated in flex, but I think he'll quickly become my RB4 behind Lindsay, as I like Lindsay's chances of maintaining a decent role throughout the year.  

2 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

Gotcha.

We'll see how it all plays out, and if Fournetter can finally be the back everyone thought he would be.  As for my team, Jones is currently my RB3 slated in flex, but I think he'll quickly become my RB4 behind Lindsay, as I like Lindsay's chances of maintaining a decent role throughout the year.  

Yeah I feel bad for those that draft already, and took R Jones as a rb2. 

Im very lucky , the league im in doesn’t draft until Monday. 

And this is one of the reasons. Why. 

I think Lindsay and M Gordon we’ll be a 1a 1b situation, Lindsay as been very good. 

Hey good luck. 

Keep posting. 

I figured it would have been McCoy, but it turns out that Ogunbowale was the one to go.  I did NOT see that coming.  He was the only good pass blocker on the team.  To note, he wasn't all that great it though... but he's certainly better than Jones, Fournette, and McCoy.

27 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I figured it would have been McCoy, but it turns out that Ogunbowale was the one to go.  I did NOT see that coming.  He was the only good pass blocker on the team.  To note, he wasn't all that great it though... but he's certainly better than Jones, Fournette, and McCoy.

We’ll see how it shakes out.  3rd down role could be up for grabs now 

Shady had 6.5 YPR last year 

Fournette 6.9  

Jones 10.0

We could have a Blount, Dion Lewis, James White situation here folks 

Jones was never really suited to be a 4th quarter grind the game out back and the Bucs could be in position to win a lot 

Fornette the grinder, Jones the most used guy between the 20s, McCoy possible high fantasy points per touch with limited work 

Anyone talking about the impact on the Jaguars?  Has anyone mentioned or looked at Laviska Shenault Jr, the most talented runner in Jax?  Albeit, he is a 6'1/6'2" 220-230 lb receiver, but he runs like Marshawn Lynch and might start out the gate with a Percy Harvin like role.  I am just curious what the chances are he gets a chance to run with the starting RB job or maybe even just a split at RB while otherwise lining up at WR, hopefully finding himself on the field for a solid majority of the snaps.

Any Jags homers have any greater insight?  I have scoured the web for news on him and among a few other things, this is essentially what I have found on him: 

https://withthefirstpick.com/2020/09/01/jaguars-laviska-shenault-expectations-2020/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-raving-over-laviska-shenault-after-first-full-speed-practice-and-heres-where-he-stands-in-wr-battle/

https://blackandteal.com/2020/08/14/jacksonville-jaguars-laviska-shenault-will-rookie-year/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2889744-fantasy-alert-wr-laviska-shenault-jr-to-play-wildcat-qb-rb-te-for-jaguars

Anyone in relatively deep leagues where he is easily worth a flyer and have looked and him and have thoughts?  I think he has a ton of upside and maybe talent wins out on a rebuilding team and he can win at least a share of carries, if not be a league winner as a surprise starting RB (maybe 1/100 to 1/1000 shot, but that can change by the day). 

7 minutes ago, steelers2101 said:

Anyone talking about the impact on the Jaguars?  Has anyone mentioned or looked at Laviska Shenault Jr, the most talented runner in Jax?  Albeit, he is a 6'1/6'2" 220-230 lb receiver, but he runs like Marshawn Lynch and might start out the gate with a Percy Harvin like role.  I am just curious what the chances are he gets a chance to run with the starting RB job or maybe even just a split at RB while otherwise lining up at WR, hopefully finding himself on the field for a solid majority of the snaps.

Any Jags homers have any greater insight?  I have scoured the web for news on him and among a few other things, this is essentially what I have found on him: 

https://withthefirstpick.com/2020/09/01/jaguars-laviska-shenault-expectations-2020/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-raving-over-laviska-shenault-after-first-full-speed-practice-and-heres-where-he-stands-in-wr-battle/

https://blackandteal.com/2020/08/14/jacksonville-jaguars-laviska-shenault-will-rookie-year/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2889744-fantasy-alert-wr-laviska-shenault-jr-to-play-wildcat-qb-rb-te-for-jaguars

Anyone in relatively deep leagues where he is easily worth a flyer and have looked and him and have thoughts?  I think he has a ton of upside and maybe talent wins out on a rebuilding team and he can win at least a share of carries, if not be a league winner as a surprise starting RB (maybe 1/100 to 1/1000 shot, but that can change by the day). 

•  

There's no way. That wouldn't make any sense to take a promising receiver and start training him as a rb on a tank team. Even if they tried it wouldn't work out. Pure receiver to running back converts rarely ever work out. There are so many 6'2 225 lb former receivers that are built like a stud rb who never end up grasping the position.

1 hour ago, Matt Mueller said:

We could have a Blount, Dion Lewis, James White situation here folks 

Jones was never really suited to be a 4th quarter grind the game out back and the Bucs could be in position to win a lot 

Fornette the grinder, Jones the most used guy between the 20s, McCoy possible high fantasy points per touch with limited work 

With McCoy still there and Ogunbowale gone, that's more of how I'm seeing it now.  I thought for sure that McCoy would be the one to go.

2 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

We’ll see how it shakes out.  3rd down role could be up for grabs now 

Shady had 6.5 YPR last year 

Fournette 6.9  

Jones 10.0

76 rec last season, Fournette by half time of the first game, we’ll be the three down rb to own with the Bucs.  

1 hour ago, steelers2101 said:

•  

Isn’t this the second time you’ve posted this.  

I think you should take him, and are you his agent?

55 minutes ago, weepaws said:

76 rec last season, Fournette by half time of the first game, we’ll be the three down rb to own with the Bucs.  

Being the only player in the league with over 100 targets and zero receiving tds isn't exaclty impressive.

Certainly the Jags suck but come on man.  Find the endzone.  

1 hour ago, Matt Mueller said:

Being the only player in the league with over 100 targets and zero receiving tds isn't exaclty impressive.

Certainly the Jags suck but come on man.  Find the endzone.  

Lol oh my soul really, look at the team he was on and now the team he playes on. Fournette as wanted out of Jacksonville for a while now, And now he is joining a team with some real potential to be a super bowl contender, don’t think that these players aren’t effective by their own emotions.  

Kamara has 81 rec last year and scored 1 rec td, so I guess he’s not a three down back either right? 

And did you know, only two Rbs last season had 76 plus rec and ran for over 1000+ , yeah Fournette and some guy named Mccaffery, so even though your going to keep talking yourself out of how productive Fournette we’ll be with the Bucs. , Fournette is a three down rb and he well record is best ff season to date this next season. 

This was a great pick up for the Bucs, and I’m going to be targeting Fournette come Monday. 

Hey thanks. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Lol oh my soul really, look at the team he was on and now the team he playes on. Fournette as wanted out of Jacksonville for a while now, And now he is joining a team with some real potential to be a super bowl contender, don’t think that these players aren’t effective by their own emotions.  

Kamara has 81 rec last year and scored 1 rec td, so I guess he’s not a three down back either right? 

And did you know, only two Rbs last season had 76 plus rec and ran for over 1000+ , yeah Fournette and some guy named Mccaffery, so even though your going to keep talking yourself out of how productive Fournette we’ll be with the Bucs. , Fournette is a three down rb and he well record is best ff season to date this next season. 

This was a great pick up for the Bucs, and I’m going to be targeting Fournette come Monday. 

Hey thanks. 

What makes a 7-9 team from last year a SB contender?  I just don’t get what people are so high on.  Better this year, yes....but SB?  Is It the QB that was ushered out of NE because he just doesn’t have it anymore?

I think Brady and Fournette are worth 3- 4 plus wins. 

So I think thy can win 10 plus games, and if they do so, they should make the playoffs, and making the playoff makes them a super contender, I’ve never seen a team that didn’t make the playoff make it to the Super Bowl, how about you? 

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

Isn’t this the second time you’ve posted this.  

I think you should take him, and are you his agent?

Lol, yes.  There was no action on the other thread. 

I think this works in real football but will be frustrating for fantasy owners.  Some kind of 40/40 split between Fournette and Jones with Shady getting some work on 3rd downs and hurry up.  It will be hard to know who to start each week and if you pull the trigger on the wrong guy as your RB2 it will be a 7 pts PPR line.

9 minutes ago, BobSanders_33 said:

I think this works in real football but will be frustrating for fantasy owners.  Some kind of 40/40 split between Fournette and Jones with Shady getting some work on 3rd downs and hurry up.  It will be hard to know who to start each week and if you pull the trigger on the wrong guy as your RB2 it will be a 7 pts PPR line.

This theory is predicated on Arians willfully giving the far inferior back Ronald Jones 40% of the touches for no practical reason.

58 minutes ago, BobSanders_33 said:

Come on really. So you see a split of a out of date McCoy , and a lesser talented rb in Jones. 

No way. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, BobSanders_33 said:

I’ve heard the Bucks are SB contenders because they signed a 50 y/o QB way past his prime, so I don’t see it.   But that said, if they are pushing to even win their division, there’s zero chance any RB not named Fournette hits the field for anything more than to spell him.

30 minutes ago, JagFan said:

I’ve heard the Bucks are SB contenders because they signed a 50 y/o QB way past his prime, so I don’t see it.   But that said, if they are pushing to even win their division, there’s zero chance any RB not named Fournette hits the field for anything more than to spell him.

JagFans agree.

Godwin, Evans, Gronk, Howard, brate, jones, Fournette, McCoy...........No thanks 

Too many options.   

9 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

Godwin, Evans, Gronk, Howard, brate, jones, Fournette, McCoy...........No thanks 

Too many options.   

Not to mention Scotty Miller--but when you whittle away the fantasy-irrelevant ones, there are really only three or four left.

1 hour ago, Canadianfan said:

Too many options.   

I think that’s a good move, for the other owners in your league. 

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Not to mention Scotty Miller--but when you whittle away the fantasy-irrelevant ones, there are really only three or four left.

Love Miller as a late stash. If an injury happens to one of Evans or Godwin he may be a nice ppr option

On 9/3/2020 at 2:21 AM, weepaws said:

Great point about Fournette and his pass catching.  

He’s going to team up with Brady, and he’s going to be very productive. 

I can see Fournette being very motivated, he wanted out of Jacksonville badly.  

Didn't the same thing happen with Jalen Ramsey in Jax?

So the two, high draft pick, high talent players that have drafted in ages, and they want to get rid of both of them?

I know both are kind of hotheads, but they're excellent on the field, that's where the game is played

On 9/4/2020 at 3:24 PM, weepaws said:

Thank you!  Fournette is a top10 RB!

Unless he's really let himself go in the off season like Trent Richardson or Eddy Lacy,  Fournette is by far the best RB of this group. I don't know how that's not obvious.

Ronald Jones has been in the NFL for two seasons, his first he struggled mightily, his 2nd he was mediocre at best. Tony Pollard has looks better than this guy.

Lesean McCoy will probably struggle to make the roster each week like he did in KC.

Fournette, He can run, catch, block, short yardage, break a long one. He's capable of being a 100 total ypg, 50 catch, double digit scores kind of RB.

13 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think that’s a good move, for the other owners in your league. 

I try not to listen to advice from people who don't watch the game

10 hours ago, polecatt said:

Didn't the same thing happen with Jalen Ramsey in Jax?

So the two, high draft pick, high talent players that have drafted in ages, and they want to get rid of both of them?

I know both are kind of hotheads, but they're excellent on the field, that's where the game is played

I think the players wanted out, more then the team wanted them gone, I think. 

9 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

I try not to listen to advice from people who don't watch the game

I would do the same. I wouldn’t take my advise either  

But I wasn’t giving you any. I was saying that the other owners love that fact that you’re going to pass up on so much good ff talent.  

Thank for the reply, I appreciate having you back.  

7 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I took founette in the 6th in my lone startup at 6.11. I didnt think he would make it back to my 8th round pick

That’s some really good value imo, congrats.  

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think the players wanted out, more then the team wanted them gone, I think. 

Either way, not a good sign if the team is running off the good players

9 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Either way, not a good sign if the team is running off the good players

No it’s not. 

All I kept reading about Fournette, was that he wanted out, didn’t want to resign, said he wasn’t coming back, he really forced his way out.

16 hours ago, weepaws said:

That’s some really good value imo, congrats.  

16 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would do the same. I wouldn’t take my advise either  

But I wasn’t giving you any. I was saying that the other owners love that fact that you’re going to pass up on so much good ff talent.  

Thank for the reply, I appreciate having you back.  

i do have a piece of that offense.  Tom Brady.  

I know there’s talent on that roster,  but I don’t see how they all outperform their ADP.  

brady would have to have one of those 40 plus td years.  

50 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

I know there’s talent on that roster,  but I don’t see how they all outperform their ADP.  

Godwin has that potential.  Brady loves his slot wrs and this could actually boost godwin's numbers from last year.

3 hours ago, Canadianfan said:

I think their is plenty of room to have a place for those players on anyone’s roster. 

But I don’t know, I don’t even watch tv.  

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Godwin has that potential.  Brady loves his slot wrs and this could actually boost godwin's numbers from last year.

And Evans and Fournette