Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Fournette to Bucs

29 minutes ago, weepaws said:

And Evans and Fournette 

Every year in the NFL there's a 'sexy offense' that everyone seems to fall in love with.   This years winner is TB.   While I'm not going to sit here and predict what will happen in TB.  I do think people should pump the breaks a bit.   There are tons of question marks.   Brady is 43 and is coming off a horrific year.  He's no longer being coached by Belicheck and possibly the best OC in the business.  His arm strength is a concern despite conflicting reports.....and this is an entirely new offense.    

As far as Fournette is concerned, not so fast.   He looked slow last year.  Jones on the other hand took major leaps from his rookie year and ran with a purpose.  Now add one more year of experience and most likely better pass protection and we got ourselves a full blown RBBC.

• Like 1

Wait wait wait.  What horrific season, he had 4000 plus yards and 24 tds with only 8 into, on a team that was horrible on offense

After Edelman who else did Brady have to rely on?  That’s would be no one. N

Now he’s surrounded by a lot of talent.  

Brady isn’t what he once was, but he’s good, and all he’s needs to do, and what he well do, his but the ball in play. And all that talent will produce.  

Brady doesn’t have to be great on this team , for those players to have great success. 

Hey it’s all good it’s your call, I have no problem with it, once again I think the other owners in your league or leagues will be happy. 

Mr slow Fournette out produce mr improved, and mr improved was even bench during games because of bone head playes.  

I think Fournette by half time of the first game, we’ll take over as the rb1.  

Anyway we both know I don’t know anything, I don’t watch the games anyway. 

Take care and good luck this season.  

It’s been a pleasure 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Wait wait wait.  What horrific season, he had 4000 plus yards and 24 tds with only 8 into, on a team that was horrible on offense

After Edelman who else did Brady have to rely on?  That’s would be no one. N

Now he’s surrounded by a lot of talent.  

Brady isn’t what he once was, but he’s good, and all he’s needs to do, and what he well do, his but the ball in play. And all that talent will produce.  

Brady doesn’t have to be great on this team , for those players to have great success. 

Hey it’s all good it’s your call, I have no problem with it, once again I think the other owners in your league or leagues will be happy. 

Mr slow Fournette out produce mr improved, and mr improved was even bench during games because of bone head playes.  

I think Fournette by half time of the first game, we’ll take over as the rb1.  

Anyway we both know I don’t know anything, I don’t watch the games anyway. 

Take care and good luck this season.  

It’s been a pleasure 

Rb1????   Wow 

it took you 16 weeks to admit that  Aaron Jones was a RB1 last year.........this year Fournette is RB1 without a snap

Fournette was the #7 rb in my ppr league last season.  Now he goes to a better offense where he is clearly the best rb at running, catching, pass blocking, and receiving.

1 hour ago, Canadianfan said:

Rb1????   Wow 

it took you 16 weeks to admit that  Aaron Jones was a RB1 last year.........this year Fournette is RB1 without a snap

Oh my soul. 

I said by half time of the first game he’ll take over has the rb1, meaning on the Bucs football team. 

And it took 16 weeks for A Jones to change by opinion l I keep seeing those games when Jones wasn’t even worthy of a roster spot. 

Did you not noticed that I was talking about your mr improved, that would be R Jones. 

You really need to calm down, and why do you post me, you said my opinion don’t matter since I don’t watch the games? 

Fournette has played three seasons in the nfl, in the , in non ppr, by avg per game, he’s been a rb1 once , and a high rb2 twice, now he’s going to be on the best offense nfl team since he’s been in the nfl, I think he can be a rb1 in non ppr. 

How about you, what’s your feeling about his season? 

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Fournette has played three seasons in the nfl, in the , in non ppr, by avg per game, he’s been a rb1 once , and a high rb2 twice, now he’s going to be on the best offense nfl team since he’s been in the nfl, I think he can be a rb1 in non ppr. 

Does Tampa run more Shotgun or will they go power with a fullback some?

I heard a podcast that Fournette in college averaged 3.3 yards more with a fullback than shotgun 

I have never owned Fournette and can’t say I have watched many Jags games so consider me midly informed but I do have some questions about his efficiency as what people consider a ‘3down running back’

in college he had 41 receptions for 1 td 

in the pros 176 catches for 2 tds 

he’s caught 3 tds in his total football career 

he passed through waivers of all NFL teams in a year when covid is likely to make players inactive more 

he may be the best thing since sliced bread but I don’t think the jury is out yet 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

I have never owned Fournette and can’t say I have watched many Jags games so consider me midly informed but I do have some questions about his efficiency as what people consider a ‘3down running back’

he passed through waivers of all NFL teams in a year when covid is likely to make players inactive more 

he may be the best thing since sliced bread but I don’t think the jury is out yet 

Mmm he’s better then R Jones. 

And  he should have more opportunities on a better offense team. 

1 hour ago, Canadianfan said:

In a non ppr I’ll take Mostert a round after fournette all day long

That’s a good move.  

4 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

Does Tampa run more Shotgun or will they go power with a fullback some?

I heard a podcast that Fournette in college averaged 3.3 yards more with a fullback than shotgun 

Tampa was 49/51 under center/shotgun last year (NE was 50/50).  Tampa doesn't really run out of shotgun formations, they ran the ball 9% of the time, which was 31st in the NFL.  So, don't expect the Bucs to be running out of shotgun formations.  To note, this wouldn't be abnormal for Brady as over the last 3 years, NE has been in the bottom quarter of the league in rush attempts out of the shotgun formation.

Tampa does not even have a fullback on the roster, so no Tampa RB will be running behind one.  Tampa only ran 5% of their plays last year with a 2 RB set.  The Bucs are probably going to run a lot of 12 and 13 personnel this year.  I'm guessing that Gronk and Brate will be the two lined up outside the most often with Howard being on the line.  I don't envision the Bucs having too many plays where the TE lines up in the backfield, unless Brady moves players around.

4 hours ago, Matt Mueller said:

I'll stand by my statements from page 1: https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/topic/496069-fournette-to-bucs/?do=findComment&comment=6701478, with the caveat that Ogunbowale was the one cut and not McCoy.

Fournette isn't as good as people think.  He has poor vision, doesn't make players miss/break tackles, and lacks burst.  Jones is better than Fournette in all 3 of these areas.  Jones will still get the bulk of the 1st and 2nd down duties.  People here who think that Fournette will take the starting job from Jones is fooling themselves.  They rag on Jones saying that he got benched for missing blocks and what not.  Guess what, that'll happen to Fournette too.  For some reason, people over look the fact that Fournette isn't a good pass blocker himself.  I can see the season starting with Jones and Fournette altering drives... with Jones getting the start in weeks 1 and 3 and Fournette getting 2 and 4.  After that, it'll all be about production.  I expect Jones to get more carries, but I expect Fournette to get a significantly higher number of receptions.

My best comparison would be, Jones = Sony Michel (but healthy/better), Fournette = James White, McCoy = Rex Burkhead.

I see the backfield shaking out as...

• Jones at 1100 rushing yard, 25 receptions/225 receiving yards and 10 total TD's.
  • Fournette at 400 rushing yards, 70 receptions/550 receiving yards and 6 total TD's
  • McCoy at 200 rushing yards, 35 receptions/250 receiving yards and 2 total TD's.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'll stand by my statements from page 1: https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/topic/496069-fournette-to-bucs/?do=findComment&comment=6701478, with the caveat that Ogunbowale was the one cut and not McCoy.

Fournette isn't as good as people think.  He has poor vision, doesn't make players miss/break tackles, and lacks burst.  Jones is better than Fournette in all 3 of these areas.  Jones will still get the bulk of the 1st and 2nd down duties.  People here who think that Fournette will take the starting job from Jones is fooling themselves.  They rag on Jones saying that he got benched for missing blocks and what not.  Guess what, that'll happen to Fournette too.  For some reason, people over look the fact that Fournette isn't a good pass blocker himself.  I can see the season starting with Jones and Fournette altering drives... with Jones getting the start in weeks 1 and 3 and Fournette getting 2 and 4.  After that, it'll all be about production.  I expect Jones to get more carries, but I expect Fournette to get a significantly higher number of receptions.

My best comparison would be, Jones = Sony Michel (but healthy/better), Fournette = James White, McCoy = Rex Burkhead.

I see the backfield shaking out as...

• Jones at 1100 rushing yard, 25 receptions/225 receiving yards and 10 total TD's.
  • Fournette at 400 rushing yards, 70 receptions/550 receiving yards and 6 total TD's
  • McCoy at 200 rushing yards, 35 receptions/250 receiving yards and 2 total TD's.

Fournette will be their rb1 by half time week one.  

Those who think the Bucs spend a decent draft pick on a RB, and now brought in Fournette just for depth, and not because they have shaky confidence in the 'incumbent' are fooling themselves...

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Those who think the Bucs spend a decent draft pick on a RB, and now brought in Fournette just for depth, and not because they have shaky confidence in the 'incumbent' are fooling themselves...

I also think Tampa is ALL IN on a super bowl run.  Peyton Barber left.  They drafted a rookie and signed some vets.  

They want to make sure they have some healthy chickens when the games count.  

Fournette is no slob.  Dude's a stud and hitting his prime.  I'll say by the end of week 2 he'll be the full time starter getting 15-18 touches a week.

Matthew Berry is an idiot as far as I'm concerned but they had some interesting stats on Jones vs Fournette so far in their NFL careers

Player A

3.94 Yards per Carry

1.79 Yards after Contact

.60 Fantasy Points per Carry 

Player B

3.95 Yards Per Carry

1.8 Yards after Contact

.55 Fantasy Points Per Carry

12 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Fournette is no slob.  Dude's a stud and hitting his prime.  I'll say by the end of week 2 he'll be the full time starter getting 15-18 touches a week.

True, but he's also prima donna. Might be enough vets in TB to keep him in check though.

Jacksonville is the key to your FF championship.  

Cut Fournette to land on a team where he’ll finish top 5 in RB fantasy points, PPR.

Minshew slings it all year to finish top 3 in QB fantasy points.

You’re welcome.  AxeElph out!

25 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

Matthew Berry is an idiot as far as I'm concerned but they had some interesting stats on Jones vs Fournette so far in their NFL careers

Player A

3.94 Yards per Carry

1.79 Yards after Contact

.60 Fantasy Points per Carry 

Player B

3.95 Yards Per Carry

1.8 Yards after Contact

.55 Fantasy Points Per Carry

Doesn’t Tampa have much better oline and passing game during that time, avoiding as many stacked boxes? That tells me Fournette is much better if able to put up similar stats. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season

Fournette is a great fit for the Bucs.  

He’s going to produce as a rb1 this season.  

Bank. 

I

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Fournette is a great fit for the Bucs.  

He’s going to produce as a rb1 this season.  

Bank. 

I'll respectfully disagree and will be the 1st to admit if I'm wrong.  I just don't see it.  The eye test fails.

24 minutes ago, Canadianfan said:

I

I'll respectfully disagree and will be the 1st to admit if I'm wrong.  I just don't see it.  The eye test fails.

I think that’s great that you disagree, and please if your wrong don’t admit it, we all know I’m never right.  

No ones feet should ever be held to the fire when it comes to making ff predictions. 

1 minute ago, Super Cubs said:

anyone else starting him week 1?

Do you own him? 

Gotta love this quote today from Fournette: "I don't really worry about expectations,. Football is football. I've been playing the same game for 25 years. I mean, for the first time in my life, I really have a quarterback. So that's eye-opening for me."

12 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

yes and I'm starting him

Ok good.  Rb1 - Rb2 or flex? 

46 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

I'm starting him.

Rb1- Rb2 or flex?

18 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Doesn’t Tampa have much better oline and passing game during that time, avoiding as many stacked boxes? That tells me Fournette is much better if able to put up similar stats. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-following-2019-regular-season

Going forward, yes... but the past hasn't shown that.  Tampa's pass blocking is way better than their run blocking.  Also, if you want to go back to 2018, PFF had them relatively the same.  After the 2017 season, according to PFF, Tampa was one of the 3 worst. 

According to Football Outsiders, Tampa ranked 23rd in run blocking and Jacksonville 27th last year.  In 2018, Jacksonville was 21st and Tampa 31st.  In 2017, Jacksonville was 13th and Tampa 16th.

In the last 2 years, Fournette has 19 broken tackles in 398 rushing attempts.  Last year, Jones had 23 in 172 attempts.

29 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Going forward, yes... but the past hasn't shown that.  Tampa's pass blocking is way better than their run blocking.  Also, if you want to go back to 2018, PFF had them relatively the same.  After the 2017 season, according to PFF, Tampa was one of the 3 worst. 

According to Football Outsiders, Tampa ranked 23rd in run blocking and Jacksonville 27th last year.  In 2018, Jacksonville was 21st and Tampa 31st.  In 2017, Jacksonville was 13th and Tampa 16th.

In the last 2 years, Fournette has 19 broken tackles in 398 rushing attempts.  Last year, Jones had 23 in 172 attempts.

Broken tackle is such a poor stat.  With the higher broken tackle, why isn't his YPA higher?  Does that mean he's got slower burst?  Not reading the blocks?

38 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Broken tackle is such a poor stat.  With the higher broken tackle, why isn't his YPA higher?  Does that mean he's got slower burst?  Not reading the blocks?

Yes

41 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

RB2

Thank you. 

4 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

I'm starting him.

Seriously?  You drafted so poorly that your best option at RB2 is the third RB on a pass-first team?

There's always next year...

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Seriously?  You drafted so poorly that your best option at RB2 is the third RB on a pass-first team?

There's always next year...

I went no RB theory this season.  Picked 10th in a 12 team 1/2 point PPR league.

Mike Thomas,

D. Adams,

L. Jackson,

Chris Godwin,

AJ Brown,

DK metcalf

David Monty

L. Fournettee

4 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

I went no RB theory this season.  Picked 10th in a 12 team 1/2 point PPR league.

Mike Thomas,

D. Adams,

L. Jackson,

Chris Godwin,

AJ Brown,

DK metcalf

David Monty

L. Fournettee

Well, that'll teach ya...  Looks like Fournette is your RB1 for now.  LOL

That may be the leader in the clubhouse for the worst draft I've seen this season!

Like I said, there's always next year...