Sign in to follow this  
DEEZNUTS

Fournette to Bucs

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think you're taking him too literally.

Of course. 

Jury still very much out but for now I’ll chalk this as a win for the pro Lenny side. Long season and lot of things can happen week to week.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Jury still very much out but for now I’ll chalk this as a win for the pro Lenny side. Long season and lot of things can happen week to week.

Is there a "pro Lenny" side?  Did anyone start him?  Is anyone starting him next week?

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Is there a "pro Lenny" side?  Did anyone start him?  Is anyone starting him next week?

Pro Lenny is people who for one reason or another have sang his praises or kept hopeful about his production on the team going forward.

24 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Pro Lenny is people who for one reason or another have sang his praises or kept hopeful about his production on the team going forward.

Ah, the "Pipe Dream" contingent--those who want to plant a flag on a claim without axually investing in it.

46 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I’ll probably have to start him this week with McCaffrey out.  I’m sure there are plenty of people that’ll have to roll the dice on him after the carnage Sunday.  
He may end up with 5 carries for 8 yards, but I’m glad I have his upside vs a lot of the other options out there.

4 minutes ago, JagFan said:

I’ll probably have to start him this week with McCaffrey out.  I’m sure there are plenty of people that’ll have to roll the dice on him after the carnage Sunday.  
He may end up with 5 carries for 8 yards, but I’m glad I have his upside vs a lot of the other options out there.

I guess happiness is relative.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Did not start him, but might for week 3 expecting about 12-15 pts in ppr.  Lost mack in week 1.  Barkely in week 2. 

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

Did not start him, but might for week 3 expecting about 12-15 pts in ppr.  Lost mack in week 1.  Barkely in week 2. 

Ouch.  Well, you were forced into being pro-Lenny I guess.  Good luck with that.

He was my rb3. 

the plan was Mack early (thinking Taylor takes over mid season)

fournette was to sit, or possibly flex until he took over. 

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Yep, I started him . He had 27.6 pts in our full pt PPR. Not a bad day at all. My RB's are less than stellar tho' but even so, it wasn't like anyone thought highly of his chances.

5 hours ago, wahl35 said:

Yep, I started him . He had 27.6 pts in our full pt PPR. Not a bad day at all. My RB's are less than stellar tho' but even so, it wasn't like anyone thought highly of his chances.

Congrats.  

On 9/4/2020 at 10:25 AM, steelers2101 said:

Anyone talking about the impact on the Jaguars?  Has anyone mentioned or looked at Laviska Shenault Jr, the most talented runner in Jax?  Albeit, he is a 6'1/6'2" 220-230 lb receiver, but he runs like Marshawn Lynch and might start out the gate with a Percy Harvin like role.  I am just curious what the chances are he gets a chance to run with the starting RB job or maybe even just a split at RB while otherwise lining up at WR, hopefully finding himself on the field for a solid majority of the snaps.

Any Jags homers have any greater insight?  I have scoured the web for news on him and among a few other things, this is essentially what I have found on him: 

https://withthefirstpick.com/2020/09/01/jaguars-laviska-shenault-expectations-2020/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-raving-over-laviska-shenault-after-first-full-speed-practice-and-heres-where-he-stands-in-wr-battle/

https://blackandteal.com/2020/08/14/jacksonville-jaguars-laviska-shenault-will-rookie-year/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2889744-fantasy-alert-wr-laviska-shenault-jr-to-play-wildcat-qb-rb-te-for-jaguars

Anyone in relatively deep leagues where he is easily worth a flyer and have looked and him and have thoughts?  I think he has a ton of upside and maybe talent wins out on a rebuilding team and he can win at least a share of carries, if not be a league winner as a surprise starting RB (maybe 1/100 to 1/1000 shot, but that can change by the day). 

•  

Did anyone buy into my hype of Laviska back on 9/4?  Looks like he might be a solid WR who gets some carries, but James Robinson was really the pickup over there. 

Where the hell is Ryquell Armstead?  I'm not even concerned about the fantasy implications.  He went on the COVID-IR list in preseason, and we haven't heard a word about him since.  Did he die of COVID?  Did he even have COVID?  Or was it some other injury?  I'm concerned for his well-being.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Where the hell is Ryquell Armstead?  I'm not even concerned about the fantasy implications.  He went on the COVID-IR list in preseason, and we haven't heard a word about him since.  Did he die of COVID?  Did he even have COVID?  Or was it some other injury?  I'm concerned for his well-being.

:dunno:  I've heard nothing about him.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

8 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

So why was Dan Reiley's name blacked out at the top, but not at the bottom where he signed it?

16 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

This is the thread that never ends. 

As the season goes on and Fournette is nothing more than a place holder on the Bucs roster, it'll get worse.

Can’t wait to see what happens when Fournette is once again able to play