Cdub100

OFFICIAL: Gretchen Whitmer Will Face A RECALL Effort In Michigan

https://nationalfile.com/official-gretchen-whitmer-will-face-a-recall-effort-in-michigan/#comments

The Michigan Board of State Canvassers approved two recall petitions Wednesday seeking to drive Democrat governor Gretchen Whitmer out of office over her Coronavirus emergency orders, including her “shelter-in-place” lockdown and her effort to ban elective medical procedures in the state. Some functions in Michigan are still shut down as Whitmer prolongs her unilateral control. Activists Michael Garabelli and James Makowski now have the ability to force a recall election if they put together a little more than a million signatures — which is possible if the anti-Whitmer patriot movement comes out strong to reject a governor that smeared anti-lockdown protesters at their own State Capitol as white racists.

• Like 2

Hard to imagine they can pull this off.  Seems as though much of Minnesota has consumed the kool aide and will need to suffer serious consequences before they reach that "aha" moment.  Sometimes, perhaps often is a better term, people have to really suffer before the stupidity of their decisions and positions become evident.

Yeah to me this is a nothing burger.  Need a million sigs just to get it on the ballot, where it would most likely fail.  

30 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Yeah to me this is a nothing burger.  Need a million sigs just to get it on the ballot, where it would most likely fail.  

Unfortunately I agree. Thanks Snyder.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:51 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trumps gonna take Michigan. 

The hatred the governor is going to bleed through into the general election. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFPROS3IYP4

"Yes, you can burn your mask You have no legal obligation to wear a mask."

She's still running her mouth. Now she says oh yeah, well the election is coming and we are getting new judges. Maybe so but one of the rulings against her was 7-0 so no. That one is not getting overturned with a couple new judges on the ballot. Why are these staunch lib mayors and governors the biggest talkers in the country. Just azzwholes.

37 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

She's still running her mouth. Now she says oh yeah, well the election is coming and we are getting new judges. Maybe so but one of the rulings against her was 7-0 so no. That one is not getting overturned with a couple new judges on the ballot. Why are these staunch lib mayors and governors the biggest talkers in the country. Just azzwholes.

They call trump hitler but it's all projection. She has terrorized Michigan. Liberals think masks are magic. It's become a religion to them. 

45 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Most of the things she had in the emergency order are still going to be enforced just through different agencies. She's not giving up. 

13 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Most of the things she had in the emergency order are still going to be enforced just through different agencies. She's not giving up. 

She can't enforce it and nobody else can. Watch the video. She lost to the State SC and that is that. It can't go any higher.

7 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

She can't enforce it and nobody else can. Watch the video. She lost to the State SC and that is that. It can't go any higher.

You are not understanding me or the order. She very specifically says that she plans on just using different ways. Instead of using emergency powers she is just going to use 102 year old laws enacted during the spanish flu

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services issued an emergency order restricting gathering sizes, requiring a mask or face covering in public places and limiting indoor service for bars and taverns.

After the Michigan Supreme Court ruled on Friday that Whitmer lacks authority to issue unilateral statewide orders under the 1945 Emergency Powers of the Governor Act, her administration instead looked to laws passed in reaction to the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic for authority.

The laws used as the basis for Monday’s orders were not affected by Friday’s Supreme Court ruling.

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

You are not understanding me or the order. She very specifically says that she plans on just using different ways. Instead of using emergency powers she is just going to use 102 year old laws enacted during the spanish flu

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services issued an emergency order restricting gathering sizes, requiring a mask or face covering in public places and limiting indoor service for bars and taverns.

After the Michigan Supreme Court ruled on Friday that Whitmer lacks authority to issue unilateral statewide orders under the 1945 Emergency Powers of the Governor Act, her administration instead looked to laws passed in reaction to the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic for authority.

The laws used as the basis for Monday’s orders were not affected by Friday’s Supreme Court ruling.

I don't think the Dept. of Health and Human Sevices has that kind of power or authority. They used to when they could point to the E.O. But those are illegal now.

Also there's no such thing as a 21 day waiting period. The highest court in Michigan has made its decision there is nobody else she can appeal to.

It's over and done with. I say that knowing tyrants like her will never give up power though. 

What would have happened if on March 16 you were given 2 weeks to get everything you needed and everyone has to stay home for the month of April. this would be long gone.  You'd better not get sick or need to go to the hospital. Too focking bad, stay home.   Cops stay home too. We will use drones to shoot anyone outside

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

What would have happened if on March 16 you were given 2 weeks to get everything you needed and everyone has to stay home for the month of April. this would be long gone.  You'd better not get sick or need to go to the hospital. Too focking bad, stay home.   Cops stay home too. We will use drones to shoot anyone outside

I spent from March 16th till June 1st in total isolation with my 6 year old son who has asthma in  his mom's closed campground behind gates. It was literally just us 2 in a trailer. We had electric. Wifi. And we used shipped shopping to get groceries dropped at the gate. It was not ideal. I don't like trailers at all. However I was freaking the fuckk out and I did what I thought was best for the boys health and I would do it again any day of the week. 

5 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I spent from March 16th till June 1st in total isolation with my 6 year old son who has asthma in  his mom's closed campground behind gates. It was literally just us 2 in a trailer. We had electric. Wifi. And we used shipped shopping to get groceries dropped at the gate. It was not ideal. I don't like trailers at all. However I was freaking the fuckk out and I did what I thought was best for the boys health. 

But for reals. Cancel all travel, international and even state to state. April to May.  Fock you stay home.  This would be gone

20 minutes ago, edjr said:

But for reals. Cancel all travel, international and even state to state. April to May.  Fock you stay home.  This would be gone

Unless it feeds the radical left agenda, this will be declared RACIST!!!

Because, thats how it works now

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Sounds nice, but the death toll would likely be far greater than keeping the essentials open.

14 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Sounds nice, but the death toll would likely be far greater than keeping the essentials open.

No essentials. STAY THE FOCK HOME! 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Nope. The bursts right now only prove that herd immunity was the only way to save people from the start.  Those places that completely shut down and had no cases at all are just a virgin breeding ground and are getting pummeled.  This virus isn't going away by ignoring it. 

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Nope. The bursts right now only prove that herd immunity was the only way to save people from the start.  Those places that completely shut down and had no cases at all are just a virgin breeding ground and are getting pummeled.  This virus isn't going away by ignoring it. 

:wacko:  how would it spread if no one came in contact with anyone else? you think that tribe that throws spears at visitors got covid?

1 hour ago, edjr said:

That wouldn't work. It just extends the timeline.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

That wouldn't work. It just extends the timeline.

it will be a year soon. that's not too long?

We still have da flu, da flue shot works what 30% at best?  how will the vaccine for the china virus be better? All these years and there is no flu vaccine?

1 minute ago, edjr said:

it will be a year soon. that's not too long?

A family of 5 would have to stay locked down for months. People need to keep the lights on. The gas flowing, the water running. Someone to put out fires. You can't lock everyone away.

That's not possible.

The better option was to get to herd immunity ASAP. Especially now we know it's a 99.997 survival rate same as flu.

Just now, edjr said:

No essentials. STAY THE FOCK HOME! 

Everyone in the world would need to buy in.  Not happening.

Here are some other problems.  Someone needs to run the power plant, unless we're all using candles.  Also, what happens when the furnace goes out, there's a water main break,  a gas leak, a fire at an apartment complex, or a pipe bursts and water is filling the house?  Those are just a few "minor" problems.  Here are some bigger ones.  People like Jerry who need surgery to remove cancer...If he waits for a month, he runs the risk of it metastasizing and being royally fuked.  Someone like Wiff who's bleeding all over the place and needs medical treatment right now. There are 805,000 heart attacks per year.  That's 67k per month.  Those people are dead if the hospitals and first responders are sitting at home.

End of the day, I think there are more dead as a result of everyone staying home for 1 month.  Of the 210k or whatever the number is today, I bet a lot would have been dead regardless of COVID.

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

A family of 5 would have to stay locked down for months. People need to keep the lights on. The gas flowing, the water running. Someone to put out fires. You can't lock everyone away.

That's not possible.

The better option was to get to herd immunity ASAP. Especially now we know it's a 99.997 survival rate same as flu.

This, plus isolating the high risk individuals to the extent possible.

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

We still have da flu, da flue shot works what 30% at best?  how will the vaccine for the china virus be better? All these years and there is no flu vaccine?

Ive never seen the 30% figure. I know they guess which which flu virus to distribute and some years they get it wrong.

On 9/3/2020 at 12:04 PM, RLLD said:

Hard to imagine they can pull this off.  Seems as though much of Minnesota has consumed the kool aide and will need to suffer serious consequences before they reach that "aha" moment.  Sometimes, perhaps often is a better term, people have to really suffer before the stupidity of their decisions and positions become evident.

Don't count on that aha moment. IL still doesn't get it. We elect dems like its mandatory. The IL supreme court will hear nothing of changing the pension system. If it kills the entire state, so be it. They would rather it die than fix a decades long mistake

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Don't count on that aha moment. IL still doesn't get it. We elect dems like its mandatory. The IL supreme court will hear nothing of changing the pension system. If it kills the entire state, so be it. They would rather it die than fix a decades long mistake

Like a heroin addict, the bottom for people varies.

Eventually, Democratic policies ruin the economy to a point where the people will have enough, and no matter who else the Dem's blame, it will come back to them. Sadly, an awful lot of people have to suffer or die before that can happen.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Like a heroin addict, the bottom for people varies.

Eventually, Democratic policies ruin the economy to a point where the people will have enough, and no matter who else the Dem's blame, it will come back to them. Sadly, an awful lot of people have to suffer or die before that can happen.

Idk about die unless we are talking about the states economy. Even my union letter suggesting I vote for Biden didn't sound too thrilled to be backing him.

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Idk about die unless we are talking about the states economy. Even my union letter suggesting I vote for Biden didn't sound too thrilled to be backing him.

I look at defund police as a Democrat-centric move, and right now the only thing preventing blacks from posting atrocious death counts are the police.

I look at Democrat-led efforts to prop up minorities with handouts vs empowering them through employment as devastating to their future wealth and directly influencing their death rate.

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

The only way to defend the people against a tyrant is to get rid of the tyranny, and in this case the only legit way is through the next election.  I hope the people are waking up to the totalitarian inclinations of Democrats, and I hope they reject them soundly in the next election.

Hoping our CA Governor is next. 

https://www.thecentersquare.com/california/more-than-30-lawsuits-have-been-filed-against-newsom-over-covid-19-orders/article_2b8cd156-0a5b-11eb-867c-5f3f7b0ec4ba.html

He went to court last week filing a motion that one of the lawsuits against his abuse of power during CoVid was "moot" or some shite. The Judge ruled against him and the lawsuits will go forward. From what I've read, the motion he filed was the last one he could use to try and stop the case.