Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

Adrian Peterson Released

I’ve been tellin you guys about Gibson, I’m very high on him. This is definitely good news for him, but still no guarantee on who will gets the bulk of the work.

• Like 1

Probably a rotating backfield until someone gets hot... especially with no preseason to judge from.

I'm pulling for Bryce Love. He was awesome at Stanford before getting hurt. Would be a great comeback story.

Oh, I've known about Gibson since he was in college, I don't much think he will fit into an every down RB sort of role though, he'll line up all over and make plays.

I thought AP was going to be their guy once again, going into the season the starter. I can't really say I'm too shocked though, he's a 35 year old RB. You have to wonder if this is it for him in the NFL?

Can he/ will he sign with another team? We'll see...

When people talk about the best RB of all time, this guy should be in the discussion.

All the greats I have seen play RB, Dickerson, Payton, Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, Ladanian Tomlinson, Marshall Faulk, and plenty of others, and I must say, Adrian Peterson was as good as any of them. He was the perfect combination of speed and power. He was fun to watch play

11 minutes ago, Beer22 said:

Probably a rotating backfield until someone gets hot... especially with no preseason to judge from.

I'm pulling for Bryce Love. He was awesome at Stanford before getting hurt. Would be a great comeback story.

I think they still might release another RB. They don’t need 4 and all the buzz is Barber and Mckissic have looked well in camp. I’m rooting for Love too but I think he’s last in the pecking order currently. Peyton Barber has to be the name to keep an eye on. Not sexy at all but he has the most experience of all of them.

Barber as been my pick.  

Plus he’s still on the team, he’s the one to own, he’ll get the short yardage goal line work.  

It's possible Washington is trying to play the system and is hoping to re-sign him after week 1 so his contract isn't guaranteed, but AD has shown he still has enough in the tank that other teams have to have some interest.

1 hour ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I’ve been tellin you guys about Gibson, I’m very high on him. This is definitely good news for him, but still no guarantee on who will gets the bulk of the work.

I got him in the 11th of a 16 round draft and was happy. I thought he would eventually take over by midseason. Maybe sooner now. 

7 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I got him in the 11th of a 16 round draft and was happy. I thought he would eventually take over by midseason. Maybe sooner now. 

In terms of fantasy production this season, I think this news catapults him up the rankings with the other rookie RBs this year not named Edwards-Helaire.

And you and I got him for much cheaper. His ADP is gonna sky rocket now.

2 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

In terms of fantasy production this season, I think this news catapults him up the rankings with the other rookie RBs this year not named Edwards-Helaire.

I also took him because I thought they might convert him back to WR which would give me a dual eligibility player.  That is looking unlikely now so I piked up a flyer on Laviska Shenault Jr. doing that 

4 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I have been monitoring Gibson since the draft, but I don’t think releasing ADP, really effects his role. It is more about barber and love. Gibson is the ‘slash’ guy regardless of which bigger backs are on the roster...

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I have been monitoring Gibson since the draft, but I don’t think releasing ADP, really effects his role. It is more about barber and love. Gibson is the ‘slash’ guy regardless of which bigger backs are on the roster...

Survey...and Peterson sayyysss......you would be wrong. 

"We were all working on it, but they really want one main guy to do it & they drafted Gibson for it."

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/antonio-gibsons-emergence-plays-huge-role-washington-cutting-adrian

https://washingtonfootballwire.usatoday.com/2020/09/04/peterson-calls-rb-antonio-gibson-hell-of-a-talent-says-washington-system-fits-him-well/

2 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Again, I like Gibson in Ppr leagues, but local hype articles about fantasy players is fools gold... I’ve read numerous articles about some of my beloved NY Giants players that have made me lol...

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

Again, I like Gibson in Ppr leagues, but local hype articles about fantasy players is fools gold... I’ve read numerous articles about some of my beloved NY Giants players that have made me lol..

It is all speculation about what is going to happen at this point.  But you have to speculate if you can get him late or off the waiver at this point. 

Agreed, doubt he was ever on waivers in 12+ half or full Ppr leagues...

We are talking about Washington,

I wouldn’t have high expectations of any player right now on that team except for maybe Terry M.

Peterson was on my roster bubble and I just cut him and put barber in his place.  Really just a bye filler in an emergency....

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Idk man when has Barber ever done anything? He’s a plodder IMO. 

1 minute ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Idk man when has Barber ever done anything? He’s a plodder IMO. 

When has Gibson done anything? He wasn't even really a RB in college. ADP was a plodder also. I doubt the Snyders are going to run Gibson between the tackles, at least for now...

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

When has Gibson done anything? He wasn't even really a RB in college. ADP was a plodder also. I doubt the Snyders are going to run Gibson between the tackles, at least for now...

Oh baby have you seen what AD said in interview with josina anderson?? I think you might wanna change your tune a bit.

3 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Oh baby have you seen what AD said in interview with josina anderson?? I think you might wanna change your tune a bit.

I did, and I'm not sure you understand my tune... I have been monitoring Gibson since the draft, he is on my radar. I haven't drafted yet, perhaps, when I do, if I get him, I too can overvalue him...

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I did, and I'm not sure you understand my tune...

Please enlighten me.

You also didn’t answer my question about Barber but instead you compared him to AD. FFS lol whoops!

12 minutes ago, jrokh said:

One of the best RBs of our generation was a “plodder”...

LMFAO

5 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Please enlighten me.

You also didn’t answer my question about Barber but instead you compared him to AD. FFS lol whoops!

I thought I did, see above. This 

4 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

One of the best RBs of our generation was a “plodder”...

LMFAO

Last year, on the Snyders, he was. That is the context. Not over his career when he was the best RB of his generation in Minny. Conflating Barber to that is just silly. Then again, so is talking yourself into believing that your 11th round pick is going to be a fantasy star. But hey, that's why Fantasy Football is so great, we can all be dreamers, at least till reality sets in as the ultimate arbiter... LOL.... LMFAO...

You still have yet to tell me what has Peyton Barber ever done? Why do I have to ask 3 times? Is your skull that thick?

You heard it from the horse’s mouth. Gibson is the RB that Washington is hype about. Peyton Barber AT BEST, is a bad RB on a bad team who might sniff some goal line work. Tell me where the upside is there. Bryce Love is equally unproven to Gibson yet you said this move is more “about Barber and Love”

The evidence is laid out in front of you, yet you’re the one that’s dreaming lol

That Peyton Barber Will somehow become fantasy relevant in Washington LMFAO!!

You still have yet to tell me what has Peyton Barber ever done? Why do I have to ask 3 times? Is your skull that thick?

He beat out ADP to be the between the tackles runner for the 2020 Snyders, unless Bryce Love is that guy, or they resign ADP for at a minimum salary. Regardless, what does it matter what Barber has done? What has Gibson done? One thing Barber has done, is he played RB in both College and the pros. Man, I like Gibson, He is one of my later round RB targets, but arguing with Fantasy owners with delusions of grandeur is an exercise in futility....Hope that penetrated, but I doubt it...

3 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Peyton Barber has to be the name to keep an eye on. Not sexy at all but he has the most experience of all of them.

OOPS.....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

He beat out ADP to be the between the tackles runner for the 2020 Snyders, unless Bryce Love is that guy, or they resign ADP for at a minimum salary. Regardless, what does it matter what Barber has done? What has Gibson done? One thing Barber has done, is he played RB in both College and the pros. Man, I like Gibson, He is one of my later round RB targets, but arguing with Fantasy owners with delusions of grandeur is an exercise in futility....Hope that penetrated, but I doubt it...

But Peterson said it’s Gibson? 

But Peterson said it’s Gibson? 

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:
  3 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Peyton Barber has to be the name to keep an eye on. Not sexy at all but he has the most experience of all of them.

You are talking in circles Bruh. Save whatever face is still left available to you....

• Haha 1

Just now, jrokh said:

You are talking in circles Bruh. Save whatever face is still left available to you....

Dude I used to respect you on here but you’re an idiot. Absolutely still keep an eye on Peyton Barber. This news definitely helps him. But when Peterson literally says it’s Gibson, you gotta come back to reality. Get a grip, you’re in denial.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Dude I used to respect you on here but you’re an idiot. Absolutely still keep an eye on Peyton Barber. This news definitely helps him. But when Peterson literally says it’s Gibson, you gotta come back to reality. Get a grip, you’re in denial.

Let’s hear your projection for Gibson now that ADP, the guy who just got cut, gave his stamp of approval. This should be fun...

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

At least Gibson has an incredible athletic profile and was about as efficient as it gets. Im not saying he will be a rb2 this year, but the other two backs are barely nfl level backs and could be swapped with plenty of other no name backs to get the same dull production

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

At least Gibson has an incredible athletic profile and was about as efficient as it gets. Im not saying he will be a rb2 this year, but the other two backs are barely nfl level backs and could be swapped with plenty of other no name backs to get the same dull production

Agreed, That is pretty much on point with everything I have been saying. Love was a star in College, injuries are what has kept him back. We have no idea what he can do as he has yet to play. Regardless, Gibson is the only one I’m interested in for Fantasy...

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Let’s hear your projection for Gibson now that ADP, the guy who just got cut, gave his stamp of approval. This should be fun...

You really keep downplaying this angle. Yes, I trust AD’s opinion of a RB over yours and even mine.

If he says it’s the Gibson show, why would you not take it for what it really is? A HOF RB who still thinks he has something left to offer got let go of by a team that wants to use Gibson. He didn’t mention anyone else.

A few days ago I had it as a RBBC but news is constantly flowing. Gotta roll with the punches. This news is great for all the Washington RBs but the fact he mentioned Gibson has to make you think he’s the top dawg. At least for now.

No reason to think it’s Barber, he’s proven exactly what he is, a plodder. No reason to think it’s Love because he’s equally unproven as a professional and was not mentioned by coaches or AD, specifically.

theres no need to be cryptic here, AD isn’t a coach. That’s the way I view it, at least.

16 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

You really keep downplaying this angle. Yes, I trust AD’s opinion of a RB over yours and even mine.

If he says it’s the Gibson show, why would you not take it for what it really is? A HOF RB who still thinks he has something left to offer got let go of by a team that wants to use Gibson. He didn’t mention anyone else.

A few days ago I had it as a RBBC but news is constantly flowing. Gotta roll with the punches. This news is great for all the Washington RBs but the fact he mentioned Gibson has to make you think he’s the top dawg. At least for now.

No reason to think it’s Barber, he’s proven exactly what he is, a plodder. No reason to think it’s Love because he’s equally unproven as a professional and was not mentioned by coaches or AD, specifically.

theres no need to be cryptic here, AD isn’t a coach. That’s the way I view it, at least.

What is your projection for Gibson?