Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Am I the only one, that thinks David Johnson could surprise ?

3 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

He look old and slow last year.

Which is why you don't reach for him.  I got him in the 4th of a 12 man. Happy to flex him weekly. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AxeElf said:

What lead do you think the Texans will feel is safe enough to start leaning heavily on David Johnson?

I think the price they paid to bring him over (Hopkins) means management needs to show hes worth the price they paid.  when management Trades a star player like Hopkins and makes a deal like this and the player they get doesnt pan out, that's the kind of move that ends your career as a GM.

I think the directive will be to give him as much work as he can handle.

at the very least he will be a low end RB1 on volume alone provided he can stay healthy. (yes, that is a big if and the injury risk would be why you draft him as a mid to high end  RB2 instead)

with a player like this you need to be careful not to overpay.   I think I had him ranked around #15 or #16 on my RB list (give or take) and I think he delivers value at that point in your draft.

If you get him earlier, you overpayed.  If you get him later, you got a deal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

If you get him earlier, you overpayed

...unless he leads the league in total yardage, of course.

Very pleased with his sharpness tonight. Looked motivated, healthy, and quick. Hope he can stay healthy. What a flex!

• Like 3

Thank you Jesus, he had a good game, and 3 targets. 

honestly i thought they would give him more touches.

rushing at 7 YPC you would think theyd run the ball until KC showed they could stop him.

overall it wasnt a bad showing.  hes the only player on the team who looked really good.   though that one TE made a nice run after the catch on that one play in the first half.

10 hours ago, snatchit said:

it cracks me up, when i read that guys got him in the 5th or 6th round. Thats a super dumb league

I was taking him in the third no matter what. No way was I taking that chance 

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

honestly i thought they would give him more touches.

rushing at 7 YPC you would think theyd run the ball until KC showed they could stop him.

overall it wasnt a bad showing.  hes the only player on the team who looked really good.   though that one TE made a nice run after the catch on that one play in the first half.

It looks like KC flipped the script on Texas and took control of the clock. I dont think Texas responded well. Their receivers and line didn't help with the pass game either outside of Fuller.

I do think Watson should lean more on DJ in the pass game. He is such an excellent receiver. Take both of Kenny stills wasted targets and give them to dj

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Houston doesn't look very good.  If I owned DJ I'd be delighted with this game but would see what I could get for him.

They were playing the chiefs who are the best team in the league. The Texans will be solid this year, and Watson played a decent game considering the pass rush and his receivers not being very open.

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I do think Watson should lean more on DJ in the pass game

Absolutely. Hopefully, they will be wise enough to figure that out after watching game film.....because it was obvious in real time. In fact, as someone pointed out in the game thread, DJ was all alone underneath on that terrible Watson interception. Watson is gonna have to get his eyes down a bit and not lock in on receivers if DJ's full potential is to be brought to bear this season.

4 hours ago, stonewall said:

Absolutely. Hopefully, they will be wise enough to figure that out after watching game film.....because it was obvious in real time. In fact, as someone pointed out in the game thread, DJ was all alone underneath on that terrible Watson interception. Watson is gonna have to get his eyes down a bit and not lock in on receivers if DJ's full potential is to be brought to bear this season.

That's a pretty good point, in that Watson doesn't seem to look to his RBs all that much other than when the play is designed to be a RB screen or something.  Watson has thrown about 50 balls a year to RBs in each of the last three seasons, and last year, 44 of those were to Duke Johnson on plays designed for him to replace Hyde in the lineup.

So it might take Watson a little while to adjust to the idea that he has a competent receiver at RB on EVERY play, not just when Duke is in the game.

And wasn’t the Duke hurt last night? 

I took David Johnson in the third round and he scored the same as CEH so I’m good!

Let’s see what D Henry and Gordo do on Mon Night!

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Watson doesn't seem to look to his RBs all that much other than when the play is designed to be a RB screen or something

Agreed. Didn't really think much about that prospect until the game last night. Painfully obvious....but correctable.

On 9/11/2020 at 6:18 AM, Frozenbeernuts said:

It looks like KC flipped the script on Texas and took control of the clock. I dont think Texas responded well. Their receivers and line didn't help with the pass game either outside of Fuller.

I do think Watson should lean more on DJ in the pass game. He is such an excellent receiver. Take both of Kenny stills wasted targets and give them to dj

Yeah, i wasnt too thrilled with the line play.

looked like the pass rush was  getting through on the right side a lot.   although if they ran the ball a bit more, it would probably have slowed the pass rush a bit.

even 4 or 5 more carries a game would do it.  especially when rushing at 7 yards per carry like DJ was.  Even at 5 yards a carry, you can afford to run the ball a whole lot more and grind it out to keep Mahomes off the field.

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Did the real.David Johnson show up today?

He looked fine. The Ravens D played great. Watson missed Johnson wide open twice. Should have had a receiving td and 40 more yards

16 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

He looked fine. The Ravens D played great. Watson missed Johnson wide open twice. Should have had a receiving td and 40 more yards

That 11 for 34 was just amazing. And I can't believe a caught 2 for 16. Amazing. 

But I do have the Ravens Def and I was happy with the outcome.:banana:

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

That 11 for 34 was just amazing. And I can't believe a caught 2 for 16. Amazing. 

But I do have the Ravens Def and I was happy with the outcome.:banana:

11 for 34 was definitely not amazing. He is a pretty incredible pass blocker too. I saw him lay out at least one blitzer

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

11 for 34 was definitely not amazing. He is a pretty incredible pass blocker too. I saw him lay out at least one blitzer

I actually like David Johnson. Drafted him as a rookie in my league and put him on a 4 year contract right away. He's just the guy that things did not go right for him in the end. I hope he can regain his early success. 

I'm a fan.

Tough game vs a darn good def.