LoOnAtIk

Trubisky named the starter?

Let me get this straight.

The bears decline to pick up Trubisky’s 5th year option.

They trade a 4th round pick for Nick Foles and give him $21 million guaranteed. 

Now they’re naming Trubisky the starter?

Starting to look like a dumpster fire in Chicago.

Downgrade all Bears players.

Apparently, Foles was, indeed, a one-hit super bowl wonder.

People drafted Robinson pretty high , I liked him as a wr3 , mostly saw him drafted as a wr2 based on Foles and not the Trub at Qb , if you own Robinson trade him quickly. Lots of bears fans out there , one of them will over pay for a loved one.  

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

People drafted Robinson pretty high , I liked him as a wr3 , mostly saw him drafted as a wr2 based on Foles and not the Trub at Qb , if you own Robinson trade him quickly. Lots of bears fans out there , one of them will over pay for a loved one.  

why can't Robinson have similar numbers to last year?

10 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Starting to look like a dumpster fire in Chicago.

You're just not noticing that about the Bears?  😆

30 minutes ago, polecatt said:

You're just not noticing that about the Bears?  😆

I thought the move to bring in Foles was the first step. Good teams know when to cut their losses. Bears seem to not have a clue.

46 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I thought the move to bring in Foles was the first step. Good teams know when to cut their losses. Bears seem to not have a clue.

I typically agree. I also think that Tribs should get one more shot. I think he has a lot of natural talent. They invested a lot in him, and i don't expect Foles to be great anyway. If he fails this year then so be it. Move on

The other two main problems is that the gm can't scout offense or first round picks very well, and the head coach is pretty bad.

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I typically agree. I also think that Tribs should get one more shot. I think he has a lot of natural talent. They invested a lot in him, and i don't expect Foles to be great anyway. If he fails this year then so be it. Move on

The other two main problems is that the gm can't scout offense or first round picks very well, and the head coach is pretty bad.

I understand your point I just don’t understand why a team would trade for another QB, give him $21 million guaranteed for 3 years... for what? To light a fire under your young QBs behind? Makes no sense considering they already declined the 5th year option. 

Again I understand your point, it just seems like the bears made the decision already to move forward without Trubisky. Now it seems they’re walking that back. It’s the indecisiveness that’s embarrassing IMO. 

Id give Trubisky another chance too but I wouldn’t have traded for Foles and I would’ve picked up the 5th year option if that were the case. 

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

why can't Robinson have similar numbers to last year?

Why can’t he? 

He could, I just don’t see him having 98 rec once again. 

26 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I understand your point I just don’t understand why a team would trade for another QB, give him $21 million guaranteed for 3 years... for what? To light a fire under your young QBs behind? Makes no sense considering they already declined the 5th year option. 

Again I understand your point, it just seems like the bears made the decision already to move forward without Trubisky. Now it seems they’re walking that back. It’s the indecisiveness that’s embarrassing IMO. 

Id give Trubisky another chance too but I wouldn’t have traded for Foles and I would’ve picked up the 5th year option if that were the case. 

Winner

59 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Yeah it was a dumb move. All GMs should ask themselves before they make a move, would Bill Belichik do this? If the answer is hell no, then don't do it

Meanwhile local radio basically said Nagy wants Tribs to be in the pocket. He refuses to adapt his offense to play to Tribs strength. It doesn't matter, Nagy will not put Tribs in a position to be at his best, and Tribs isn't a strictly pocket passer. I mean why would Nagy look at Baltimore and realize Harbaugh had massive success adapting to his qbs abilities? That would mean Nagys original offense wasn't successful, which would make him sad. We don't want a sad coach

22 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

That's the problem. Foles is not an NFL caliber starting QB. He's proven that time and time again. So there's no way he can do anything other than muck it up. He's a guy who can come in and drive the bus for a few games. Do pretty good if there's a lot of talent around.

Trubisky? Well the jury is still out on him a bit, but not looking good.

That's the thing, when was the last time the Bears had a regular, high quality, starting QB? For more than a year or so?

I can't remember, it was before I started watching football and the first full game I ever watched was when they won the Super Bowl

27 minutes ago, polecatt said:

That's the problem. Foles is not an NFL caliber starting QB. He's proven that time and time again. So there's no way he can do anything other than muck it up. He's a guy who can come in and drive the bus for a few games. Do pretty good if there's a lot of talent around.

That's the thing, when was the last time the Bears had a regular, high quality, starting QB? For more than a year or so?

I can't remember, it was before I started watching football and the first full game I ever watched was when they won the Super Bowl

I get everything you’re saying. Foles is a fringe NFL starter IMO who needs pieces around him I agree, but you can do a lot worse than Foles. All I’m trying to say is don’t bring Foles in as a starter and give him starter money, to not be the starter. It’s embarrassing business. You could’ve allocated that money elsewhere and signed a true backup QB for much cheaper. 

Remember the old adage: If you have 2 QBs, you actually have ZERO lol

54 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I get everything you’re saying. Foles is a fringe NFL starter IMO who needs pieces around him I agree, but you can do a lot worse than Foles. All I’m trying to say is don’t bring Foles in as a starter and give him starter money, to not be the starter. It’s embarrassing business. You could’ve allocated that money elsewhere and signed a true backup QB for much cheaper. 

Remember the old adage: If you have 2 QBs, you actually have ZERO lol

Exactly, and Foles always ends up in situation where the team has "2 QBs"

On 9/5/2020 at 4:24 AM, weepaws said:

Robinson had 1,147 yards with 7 TDs and was a top 10 receiver in PPR with Trubisky last year. Have fun trading that away. Maybe some bear fan will be dumb enough to give you the great Jamison Crowder for him. 

9 hours ago, polecatt said:

Agreed.  The dumb move was that the Bears thought so. 

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Robinson had 1,147 yards with 7 TDs and was a top 10 receiver in PPR with Trubisky last year. Have fun trading that away. Maybe some bear fan will be dumb enough to give you the great Jamison Crowder for him. 

Isn’t that the same Robinson/ Trub combo that played together in 2018 when Robinson was a wr3? I’m sure that’s not the same duel. 

If I was and I’m happily im not, a owner of a Bears player I would look to sale, right now Robinson is only single Bears player on that awful team that holds any value. , and even less value in a non ppr.  But since your talking ppr, I’ll talk ppr, I would hurry and trade while one can. 

Don’t expect 98 rec once again, mr.  And what kind of catholic did you call yourself? 

See you next month.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Isn’t that the same Robinson/ Trub combo that played together in 2018 when Robinson was a wr3? I’m sure that’s not the same duel. 

If I was and I’m happily im not, a owner of a Bears player I would look to sale, right now Robinson is only single Bears player on that awful team that holds any value. , and even less value in a non ppr.  But since your talking ppr, I’ll talk ppr, I would hurry and trade while one can. 

Don’t expect 98 rec once again, mr.  And what kind of catholic did you call yourself? 

See you next month.  

He was injured in 2018. Didn't play a full season. If that is your ratings logic, then I can't help you.

6 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

He was injured in 2018. Didn't play a full season. If that is your ratings logic, then I can't help you.

Oh my soul, every time I talk points , it’s all about avg, his avg in 2018 was the 31st best, wr3.  

And I agree with you, you can’t help, and won’t help. 

Heavy duty catholic. 

Thanks. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Oh my soul, every time I talk points , it’s all about avg, his avg in 2018 was the 31st best, wr3.  

And I agree with you, you can’t help, and won’t help. 

Heavy duty catholic. 

Thanks. 

Anyone have a translation for this?

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Anyone have a translation for this?

Yeah I’ll help you out once again , heavy duty catholic. 

See Robinson in 2018 had the 31st best avg in ppr.  

Now on a twelve team ff league that would place him as a wr3 , and that was with him catching passes from your man man Trub.  

Break it down for you.  

1-12 would be a wr 1.  

2 - 24 would be a wr 2. 

25 - 36 would be a wr 3.  

See he was in the last range. 

Would make him a wr 3.  

I expect for him to fall somewhere in between last season and 2018. 

Now how about you , let’s see you just once once, tell us all how you see it? 

I'm going to go more with Robinson wasnt fully recovered from his acl in 2018. Mitch wasn't throwing nearly as much to robinson. Maybe Arob doesn't get to wr10 this year, but he's going to be closer to wr10 than wr31. 

Like I said, somewhere between 2018 and 2019. 

Trub didn’t throw as much period, it was a smart move by the Bears.  

Trubisky is good news for Robinson/Miller.  Foles would have worried me personally as I see him as more of a check down guy whereas trubisky will sling it more. With no Gabriel or te to worry about (sorry old man Graham) its a short passing tree beyond Cohen.   Robinson led the league in targets inside the 10 last yr. Trubisky trusts him at the gl. When he's healthy Robinson has produced.  

Robinson’s avg yard per rec was 11. Not a lot of deep balls. 

I think Foles would have been the one to help that. 

8 hours ago, American Chewy said:

Trubisky is good news for Robinson/Miller.  Foles would have worried me personally as I see him as more of a check down guy whereas trubisky will sling it more. With no Gabriel or te to worry about (sorry old man Graham) its a short passing tree beyond Cohen.   Robinson led the league in targets inside the 10 last yr. Trubisky trusts him at the gl. When he's healthy Robinson has produced.  

Foles likes to throw deep

10 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I'm going to go more with Robinson wasnt fully recovered from his acl in 2018. Mitch wasn't throwing nearly as much to robinson. Maybe Arob doesn't get to wr10 this year, but he's going to be closer to wr10 than wr31. 

Robinson played like 1 play in 2017. Serious injury. It took him a long time to come back from that so 2018 is understandable. 2015 he went for 1400 yards with 14 TDs. And then went on to have 900 and 6 the next year with Blake Bortles as QB. 

Then last year feeling healthy again, 1147 and 7.

He has proven his ceiling is very high. 

ok i'll stand corrected.  maybe it was the TE foles is known for throwing to?  i thought i remember reading about this last yr cause some "experts" liked geoff swaim as a darkhorse Te. 

On 9/5/2020 at 4:24 AM, weepaws said:

I owned Robinson last year.  It's actually good for him that Mitch kept the job.  Robinson was a stud for me all season.  

16 minutes ago, Kent said:

I owned Robinson last year.  It's actually good for him that Mitch kept the job.  Robinson was a stud for me all season.  

Yes he was, doesn’t mean anything this season. 

I don’t see him having 98 rec. 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Yes he was, doesn’t mean anything this season. 

I don’t see him having 98 rec. 

You're saying he should be traded quickly based on GOOD news for him. 

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

You're saying he should be traded quickly based on GOOD news for him. 

I don’t think he’ll match last season, he won’t have 98 rec, he needs that many to have yards, 11 yards per rec doesn’t make for a lot of yards if one doesn’t have a lot of rec.  

i see a less rec, less yards , and where he was going , adp I would trade while you can some one that would be a better fit for a wr2.  

Thats why I would trade.  Why not trade high, once the seasons starts to role, his value starts to sink, then it’s to late. 

It all comes down to how ones ranks him.  

I say he won’t have 98 , I say he’ll produce less ff points m

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

I don’t think he’ll match last season, he won’t have 98 rec, he needs that many to have yards, 11 yards per rec doesn’t make for a lot of yards if one doesn’t have a lot of rec.  

i see a less rec, less yards , and where he was going , adp I would trade while you can some one that would be a better fit for a wr2.  

Thats why I would trade.  Why not trade high, once the seasons starts to role, his value starts to sink, then it’s to late. 

It all comes down to how ones ranks him.  

I say he won’t have 98 , I say he’ll produce less ff points m

You're basing all of this on the fact that Mitch won the job though.  Which is the exact opposite way to look at it. Mitch loves him.  He gets tunnel vision for him during games.  It's fantasy gold. You need to reevaluate. 

No if Foles won the job I would have said the same, been saying the same before they named the Qb winner.  

So that’s not true at all. 

I simply don’t see Robinson having 98 rec again.  

I think one bonus with Foles , Robinson might have a higher avg per rec. , or maybe not.