Sign in to follow this  
bmeadows

Kamara

I was surprised he fell to the eighth spot I my draft yesterday. It’s a 12 team ppr. I’ve heard a little Injury news and contract issues. What are y’all thoughts on him? I’m a tad bit worried I made a mistake and this could hinder me all season. 

Between the 20’s, I’d put Kamara up there with CMC & Barkley for PPR.  I believe the drop off is how Payton uses him (or doesn’t) in the red zone.

Murray can be a TD vulture, and Payton also has a man-crush on Taysom Hill near the goal line.  Has hurt Brees some the last couple of years as well.

He's basically a quasi WR. In non PPR I could see him going there. PPR highly unlikely. In auction we always have a player or two that drops way down that nobody saw happening. The problem with Saints is that damn QB/RB. He pickpockets a TD, or 3-4 runs a game. Frustrating cause without him that's Kamara. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

He's basically a quasi WR. In non PPR I could see him going there. PPR highly unlikely. In auction we always have a player or two that drops way down that nobody saw happening. The problem with Saints is that damn QB/RB. He pickpockets a TD, or 3-4 runs a game. Frustrating cause without him that's Kamara. 

Agreed with this.  Kamara usually has to score from 15+ yards out in this offense.   He’s still the #4 RB in PPR IMO.

He had injury problems last year and an epidural recently. He is no longer red flag free to me and has a capable back up who could take red zone work. I think the fall in adp is warranted.

4 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

He had injury problems last year and an epidural recently. He is no longer red flag free to me and has a capable back up who could take red zone work. I think the fall in adp is warranted.

Agreed.  

I’m in the same boat. Kamara fell to me at the 10 spot in a 10 team .5ppr. I’m also nervous about his outcome. I think if he gets a new contract before Thursday then the Saints feel he’s all good. If not then I think he plays out the season and hits FA. His injuries are very concerning though.

1 hour ago, yupper said:

I’m in the same boat. Kamara fell to me at the 10 spot in a 10 team .5ppr. I’m also nervous about his outcome. I think if he gets a new contract before Thursday then the Saints feel he’s all good. If not then I think he plays out the season and hits FA. His injuries are very concerning though.

Yes they should be. 

Same thing is happening to him that happened to Marshall Faulk. Exceptional overused talent. Crazy because Payton drafted him because he thought he looked like Marshall Faulk who's career ended because they abused him. 

There was no reason to do that with Latavius and Taysom Hill but he did it anyway. Coach said he's not doing that anymore but we will see. They won all those game with Latavius and no Brees but that went right back to abusing Kamara. In the Playoffs Lativius rode the pine which was stupid. Dude was a bowling ball running b/t the tackles.

Just now, FlyinHeadlock said:

Same thing is happening to him that happened to Marshall Faulk. Exceptional overused talent. Crazy because Payton drafted him because he thought he looked like Marshall Faulk who's career ended because they abused him. 

There was no reason to do that with Latavius and Taysom Hill but he did it anyway. Coach said he's not doing that anymore but we will see. They won all those game with Latavius and no Brees but they went right back to abusing Kamara. In the Playoffs Lativius rode the pine which was stupid. Dude was a bowling ball running b/t the tackles.

1 hour ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Same thing is happening to him that happened to Marshall Faulk. Exceptional overused talent.

Perhaps....except for the fact that Kamara couldn't lift Faulk's jockstrap.

Luckily I was able to trade for Lat Murray but I had to give up Noah Fant. I still have Gronkowski though. I feel good about it knowing whatever happens I’m covered on Kamara. 

Is anyone wondering why this contract is taking so long? Everyone is getting signed. Smoke = Fire. Maybe Kamara is hurt or they plan on trying him after all. 

Still no deal.

I can't see how the SAINTS who's going to be in rebuild mode potentially after this season is going to shell out 13-14 million for a running back.  The trade rumors are probably true.  I won't be surprise if they run him to the ground and cut ties after this season.

2 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

I won't be surprise if they run him to the ground and cut ties after this season.

If they try that, it won't be long before Lat Murray replaces the injured Kamara

Just signed a fat new contract, doesn't have an injury designation going into the weekend, I think things are looking good.