Sign in to follow this  
Daltnator

PPR vs standard

I'm in 4 leagues with only 1 as a standard, straight yds and TDs(except the normal DST and  Kicker pts), no bonuses. I feel this is my toughest draft, because I seem to not have a good grasp on the strategy changes from PPR  to standard. 

Anyone willing to part with 2- 3 minutes  and drop a couple of general pieces of advice to remember for a standard vs PPR? 

Always just looking to get better, even if risking looking like a rookie! ? Lol! Which I'm not, just willing to be humbled in order to help my game! Lol!

Thanks!

It’s all about the TD’s. Bell cows that don’t get vultured are league winners. Typically, I’m hoping to get 5 or 6 non QB tds. I generally don’t draft the Crowders of the world as yardage is easily made up by a touchdown. It’s really not a ton different, but the weeks are won and lost when your player lands in the end zone and theirs is stopped at 1. Bell cow handcuffs are also more valuable.

If you have flex positions, good RBs generally make for better flex options in non-PPR scoring, whereas in PPR scoring you typically want to flex WRs. 

1 hour ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Non PPR and non auction you really don't know how to play FF.  Why would anyone play standard if they were an adult I do not know.

Feel the same about ppr leagues , boring.  

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Feel the same about ppr leagues , boring.  

Auction. ALL players are available (for a price). Good luck finding an auction league non PPR. It's the only way to truly play the game. You are a real GM. You have to manage a budget. You have to manage your team. If you want to play Connect Four instead of Chess then I get it.

40 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Auction. ALL players are available (for a price). Good luck finding an auction league non PPR. It's the only way to truly play the game. You are a real GM. You have to manage a budget. You have to manage your team. If you want to play Connect Four instead of Chess then I get it.

Lol, no your not a real GM and it’s a fake budget, it’s still called ff. It’s a fantasy.  You have no say in what really happens to that player, what real team he playes on, when he retires or even gets a pay increase , thanking that you do, and you do, that’s a child’s game, it’s ff.  Lol   

I don’t care that you like that style , that’s great , I don’t , that’s great , don’t try to down play a non ppr redraft league , it’s still ff, and so is a auction. Your just simply playing house in a auction league, but pretending that you also have a budget and bills to pay. 

Yeah I like my non ppr redraft ff , when I’m done I go make to real life, you live in the ff year round , so who’s playing connect four. 

You.  

18 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Lol, no your not a real GM and it’s a fake budget, it’s still called ff. It’s a fantasy.  You have no say in what really happens to that player, what real team he playes on, when he retires or even gets a pay increase , thanking that you do, and you do, that’s a child’s game, it’s ff.  Lol   

I don’t care that you like that style , that’s great , I don’t , that’s great , don’t try to down play a non ppr redraft league , it’s still ff, and so is a auction. Your just simply playing house in a auction league, but pretending that you also have a budget and bills to pay. 

Yeah I like my non ppr redraft ff , when I’m done I go make to real life, you live in the ff year round , so who’s playing connect four. 

You.  

It's as close to a GM as it gets. You do not get a "spot" to draft. Want a player then put up the coin. Otherwise STFU. You will not get that player unless you out bid someone. If you get that player great. Cost you about $72/100 bucks for a top tier player. Now you have about 130 left. Good luck.

50 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

It's as close to a GM as it gets. You do not get a "spot" to draft. Want a player then put up the coin. Otherwise STFU. You will not get that player unless you out bid someone. If you get that player great. Cost you about $72/100 bucks for a top tier player. Now you have about 130 left. Good luck.

Lol right.  

Do the players agent call you on your close to cell phone and set up a lunch date to talk contract, and do you offer any vacation pay for the players? 

And if that player doesn’t play out their contract that you as the fake GM owns, do they have to pay you back? 

1 hour ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

It's as close to a GM as it gets.

Except for that whole format known as dynasty. Get over yourself.

Contract extension for Hunt, not good for ppr Chubb owners going forward. 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Contract extension for Hunt, not good for ppr Chubb owners going forward. 

How does that affect Chubb this season in any way?

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

How does that affect Chubb this season in any way?

Go look at how the second half ended for the Chubb, based on his ff production the first half, that’s going forward. 

Im sorry.  

32 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Go look at how the second half ended for the Chubb, based on his ff production the first half, that’s going forward. 

Im sorry.  

Still don’t see the relevance to the contract extension. Hunt was on the team regardless so no logic to why it affects Chubb this season 

14 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Still don’t see the relevance to the contract extension. Hunt was on the team regardless so no logic to why it affects Chubb this season 

Going forward would mean today , which would include this season.  

Ive been talking bout this very impressive issue this past offseason.  

Just look at the numbers posted second half of last season. 

I expect Hunt to really take a bigger bite out of the Chubbs production, and even more so in a passing game. 

Going forward.  

Why would that not include this season? 

Do you think they’ll wait until 2021 to use Hunt more? Lol no silly one.  

The contract certainly indicates that they plan to use Hunt, but I think we already knew that. I see the contract as affirmation to what was generally thought, rather than anything ground breaking. This only dashes the dreams of the dynasty players, who had hopes that this situation was going end in a year. Now neither player will have that true bellcow role in a year or two without an injury. 

No but you implied the contract extension signed today reduces Chubb’s value. I posit his value is unchanged regardless of the extension. In other words it is the same today as it was yesterday, as it was 2 weeks ago. Ya dig?

1 minute ago, Serenity Now said:

The contract certainly indicates that they plan to use Hunt, but I think we already knew that. I see the contract as affirmation to what was generally thought, rather than anything ground breaking. This only dashes the dreams of the dynasty players, who had hopes that this situation was going end in a year. Now neither player will have that true bellcow role in a year or two without an injury. 

I think it means that If Chubb doesn’t take a hometown discount for his next contract, up at the end of the year, it could be splitsville