Sign in to follow this  
LoOnAtIk

Who is your 3rd ranked QB?

Assuming everyone is ranking Lamar and Mahomes top-2.

I’m extremely high on Dak this year. I think if anyone has the potential to finish as the QB1 in scoring over Lamar and Mahomes, it’s him. Career year last year, they added more weapons, and they finally got rid of bonehead Garrett.

With another step forward I definitely think a 5000 yard 40 TD season is well within the realm of possibility. 

I think Russ might have the higher floor, but I think Dak’s ceiling is right on par with Lamar and Mahomes. 

Just a hunch.

Kyler Murray is mine, Rushing floor makes him valuable. Dak could be the guy, I'm not reaching for any QB

• Like 1

I’ll also go with Wilson. 

11 minutes ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

Wilson. He cooled off last year but he has some good WRs and their run game ain't all that great.

That’s part of what scares me with Wilson the most. He gets forced into too many “hero ball” situations where he’s gotta bail out his team. He’s the best QB I’ve ever seen make something out of nothing. I just think eventually that luck will run out.

I like Dak, I’ve drafted him in the 6th two 6pt passing TD leagues. In those I intended to draft Dak or Wilson in that order if there in the 6th. 

I also have Ryan once, is this the even/odd year where he is awesome again?

1 minute ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I like Dak, I’ve drafted him in the 6th two 6pt passing TD leagues. In those I intended to draft Dak or Wilson in that order if there in the 6th. 

I also have Ryan once, is this the even/odd year where he is awesome again?

I’m in the general line of thinking that Matt Ryan is a terrible QB. He gets away with a lot of egregious mistakes because of Julio. His best season was with Kyle shanahan and the rest are just decent. He’s a solid fantasy QB who will always be one of the most overrated QBs in real life in my opinion. I’ve seen numerous plays where Julio has destroyed his CB at the line with a good 3-4 yards of separation, only for Matt Ryan to throw a lame duck that Julio has to come back and fight for and get tackled. Where a good QB can drop it over the top for an easy TD. 

I could definitely be wrong, but he’s had moments in the last 2 seasons that are just stupefying. His O-Line has not been good, but in the face of any pressure he immediately panics and throws it up to #11. Sometimes he looks like a veteran and sometimes he looks like a rookie, all in the same drive. 

In conclusion, I think it’s all downhill from here for Matty Ice.

Josh allen. With diggs in town there is no reason why he can't make another jump. 

24 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I’m in the general line of thinking that Matt Ryan is a terrible QB. He gets away with a lot of egregious mistakes because of Julio. His best season was with Kyle shanahan and the rest are just decent. He’s a solid fantasy QB who will always be one of the most overrated QBs in real life in my opinion. I’ve seen numerous plays where Julio has destroyed his CB at the line with a good 3-4 yards of separation, only for Matt Ryan to throw a lame duck that Julio has to come back and fight for and get tackled. Where a good QB can drop it over the top for an easy TD. 

I could definitely be wrong, but he’s had moments in the last 2 seasons that are just stupefying. His O-Line has not been good, but in the face of any pressure he immediately panics and throws it up to #11. Sometimes he looks like a veteran and sometimes he looks like a rookie, all in the same drive. 

In conclusion, I think it’s all downhill from here for Matty Ice.

Here it is, I know this has been talked about on this forum as well. Just a bit weird

I drafted him in round 9 as 11th QB off the board. 

Daniel Jones

From Week 8 onward last year, he was the fifth-best QB in fantasy, despite never having Barkley, Engram, Tate, Shepard and Slayton all on the field at the same time.

8 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Josh allen. With diggs in town there is no reason why he can't make another jump. 

His accuracy is one reason....

I like Murrys upside, but the value of Matt Ryan. I heard in a podcast that Ryan's down years have been in the first year of offensive systems, and his good years are in the second year of a system, and he's currently going into year two of a system. He's also projected to lead the league in pass attempts and probably has the most talented duo of pass catchers in the NFL. I don't have a link to verify the year two in a system info. My last round fail safe is Minshew.  

Dak for sure. Contract year and with all of that talent, a so-so Dallas DEF and mediocre NFC East defenses... it's a no-brainer IMO. I bet he throws 4 TDs versus LAR Week 1.

I like Brady in my league with 6 points for a passing TD - last time he had a top WR he threw 50 TDs, so it's possible.

39 minutes ago, The Shepherd said:

I like Brady in my league with 6 points for a passing TD - last time he had a top WR he threw 50 TDs, so it's possible.

True...but his arm was 13 years younger, and the combo of Evans and Godwin doesn't equal one Randy Moss in his prime.

On 9/8/2020 at 11:43 AM, LoOnAtIk said:

That’s part of what scares me with Wilson the most. He gets forced into too many “hero ball” situations where he’s gotta bail out his team. He’s the best QB I’ve ever seen make something out of nothing. I just think eventually that luck will run out.

After 8 years in the league it ain't luck.

On 9/8/2020 at 9:28 AM, LoOnAtIk said:

Assuming everyone is ranking Lamar and Mahomes top-2.

I’m extremely high on Dak this year. I think if anyone has the potential to finish as the QB1 in scoring over Lamar and Mahomes, it’s him. Career year last year, they added more weapons, and they finally got rid of bonehead Garrett.

With another step forward I definitely think a 5000 yard 40 TD season is well within the realm of possibility. 

I think Russ might have the higher floor, but I think Dak’s ceiling is right on par with Lamar and Mahomes. 

Just a hunch.

I like Dak, but he really feasted on some terrible defenses this last year and got shut down by some good ones.

i think his numbers were grossly inflated due to the soft schedule overall.

That being said, it is looking like he has another soft schedule this year.  Though some of the easy teams he played last year will have improved some for this years matchup.

case in Point: Washington.   Chase Young is a difference maker.

the defense will still be soft, but it wont be the worst or second worst in the NFL like last year.

being a division rival, Dak Plays them 2x.   I also think the Giants defense (and offense) will be better than last year, so I do think this years schedule may be soft, but not quite as soft as last year,  I expect a mild regression in stats.   but make no mistake about it......it is still the soft schedule that will result in him being a top 5 QB.  not his outstanding skill.

in any other division, hes probably a top 10 QB instead of top 5.    Thats still pretty solid.   i just dont think he is a superstar.  that's all.

On 9/12/2020 at 12:50 PM, Donkey said:

After 8 years in the league it ain't luck.

When the arm strength and running ability starts to go, I think he’ll decline sharply. He’s still in his prime tho.

1 - Wilson because of the continuity on his team.  He's comfortable and extremely good.

2 - Murray because I think his coach is going to put him in a position to succeed.

3 - Dak didn't look that good yesterday and I have very little faith in his new coach.

4 - Watson doesn't have much for weapons and his OL still stinks.

On 9/14/2020 at 12:45 PM, LoOnAtIk said:

When the arm strength and running ability starts to go, I think he’ll decline sharply. He’s still in his prime tho.

Don't quit your day job.

On 9/14/2020 at 12:45 PM, LoOnAtIk said:

😆 this is really funny, not sure it was meant to be.  Well done anyway

Mine is with a bit of a dynasty slant, but I say Kyler Murray

Guys like Russel Wilson and Dak are up there but I think Murray has more upside