kilroy69

No love for Henry Ruggs III

I understand that Carr is not a great QB but he has not had a WR that was as good since cooper and he proved then he could feed the ball to one guy down the field. Ruggs is fast and is going to be a primary target right off the bat. Anyone else like him as a wr3?

Cooper wasn’t a good wr with the Raiders, that’s why he’s not with the Raiders any longer, proving that motivation is a good motivator when changing teams,, like Fournette. 

4 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I understand that Carr is not a great QB but he has not had a WR that was as good since cooper and he proved then he could feed the ball to one guy down the field. Ruggs is fast and is going to be a primary target right off the bat. Anyone else like him as a wr3?

Sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Cooper wasn’t a good wr with the Raiders, that’s why he’s not with the Raiders any longer, proving that motivation is a good motivator when changing teams,, like Fournette. 

He had a career year last year with the cowboys but lets not get carried away.  His numbers with the raiders are not THAT far off from what they were last year with dallas. 

12 minutes ago, weepaws said:

proving that motivation is a good motivator when changing teams

I would say let x=x, but it is what it is.

2 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

He had a career year last year with the cowboys but lets not get carried away.  His numbers with the raiders are not THAT far off from what they were last year with dallas. 

Yeah after seeing your post, I checked out his stats, and it does look like I was wrong, and your right, so I apologize for that. 

But once again with Ruggs as a flex play, I’ll say sometimes. 

I just don’t think I see the Raiders passing game being consistent.  

I would have a tough time trusting him weekly.  

I'm no college football expert but I was very suprised that Ruggs had the 3rd most catches among WRs at Alabama last year.

His speed and home run game is elite but I'm not sure how well rounded he is.  I have been wrong often.  

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Cooper is an asburidly talented and smooth WR who lacks the killer instinct and has had a propensity to chase huge game with zeros and be somewhat unreliable for a top fantasy player.

He kind of repeated what he was in Dallas FWIW  

5 minutes ago, Showboat said:

Ruggs strikes me as a Darrius Heyward-Bey kind of pick.  It's hard to get too ethusiastic about that.

Ixnay on the Heyward-Bey

One of the great team names from yesteryear.

Word is the Edwards rookie opposite him has looked better.  I'd have taken Ruggs had he landed later.  

I do have a share of.Jeudy though.  Fingers crossed. 

Edwards was named the x today which I am happy about. The X is usually covered by the teams best cb while the z alternates between the slot and the stacked side wr. Rugga should be running against slower corners or possibly a lb from the z

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

Edwards was named the x today which I am happy about. The X is usually covered by the teams best cb while the z alternates between the slot and the stacked side wr. Rugga should be running against slower corners or possibly a lb from the z

You're dreaming if you think any DC will match up Ruggs against slow corners and especially a LB. They know the scouting report, they all probably have a thick file on him from draft prep...

30 minutes ago, jrokh said:

You're dreaming if you think any DC will match up Ruggs against slow corners and especially a LB. They know the scouting report, they all probably have a thick file on him from draft prep...

Unless they are a shadow corner that's not how it works. The best CB lines up in their position which would be covering edwards or rentfrow if ruggs and rentfrow swap at the slot that play. 

Dcs move corners/safeties around so much these days there no longer is a set coverage. A lot of teams play 3 safeties and 2 LBs. Regardless, a DC isn’t going to allow Ruggs to be matched up in single coverage by a slow corner, or Lord forbid a LB. These DC’s know a lot more about football than we do, to say the least...

Would only imagine Ruggs will be first target of all the Raiders WRs  by the defense  

52 minutes ago, Tuxedosam said:

Ruggs & Edwards are both available in my PPR 12 league. Would u drop B Cooks for one of these guys? 

Tough one , it ready sounds like Cooks is going to be very questionable for this weekend , but over all I like him more, so do you need one of those Raiders wr for this weekend ? 

Tough.   I like Ruggs and Edwards more from a standpoint that they be could 1A 1 B WRs in the offense and I think the Texans are also gonna be 1. a 1 B 2 B 2 C with Cobb and Stills all getting in the mix too

Raiders want to pound the rock.  Houston I think could be playing more catchup with Watson slinging late 

I'm starting him in one of my dynasty leagues this weekend.

My WR group was totally shot, so I did a makeover and draft all three of the top rookie WRs.

I'm starting him Lamb and Jeudy.

We'll see how that works out

On 9/8/2020 at 7:25 PM, Showboat said:

Ruggs strikes me as a Darrius Heyward-Bey kind of pick.  It's hard to get too ethusiastic about that.

You mean he's not still lying in the end zone knocked out? 

well, one of the rookies needs to get it done in Vegas.

They literally have nobody else.

one of the rookie WR's will breakout this year,  I guess the challenge is figuring out which one it will be.

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

rugga rugga choo choo

I'm starting him! Caught a 45 yard pass, just a yard from a score

He's been targeted on deep passes twice in the first half of the 1st quarter.

I see many big plays in his future

46 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I'm starting him! Caught a 45 yard pass, just a yard from a score

He's been targeted on deep passes twice in the first half of the 1st quarter.

I see many big plays in his future

Ruggs hurt, don’t see many big plays in his immediate future...

11 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Just an ankle sprain it looks like. he might even be back 

37 minutes ago, jrokh said:

He's back and going deep