Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Browns sign Hunt to 2-yr extenstion

Glad I didn't keep Kareem Hunt in my keeper league now.  My guess is that the Browns did this to maintain leverage against Chubb in the off-season.  If Chubb wants to hold out, they're covered with Hunt.  If he plays, then they have 2 RB's.  If Chubb wants to leave after 2021, they still have Hunt in 2022.

27 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

They’re moving on from Chubb after this season. Will spend money elsewhere, can’t invest in 2 RBs

Except Chubb will still on his rookie deal next year. So unless he holds out/ maybe gets traded, but that doesn't seem super likely.

Not good if you own Chubb.  

6 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

They'll phase Chubb out this season.

My guess is it's going to be a 50/50 split this season.

Nonsense.

It’s going to be a 50/ 50 split.  

And depending on game flow, sometimes one of them might get even less then 50%.  

It’s a rb3 ranking based on the uncertainty of how much work they’ll both receive. 

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

It’s going to be a 50/ 50 split.  

And depending on game flow, sometimes one of them might get even less then 50%.  

It’s a rb3 ranking based on the uncertainty of how much work they’ll both receive. 

Pure Fiction. You guys make no sense, follow no logic, and make baseless predictions. I haven’t even drafted yet, I do so tonight, but I live in Cleveland. RB3, lol, this is why you think ff is luck, because you are so ill-informed...

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Pure Fiction. You guys make no sense, follow no logic, and make baseless predictions. I haven’t even drafted yet, I do so tonight, but I live in Cleveland. RB3, lol, this is why you think ff is luck, because you are so ill-informed...

Ok, thank you.  

Rb 3 based on work load, it’s going to be a 50/50 split, we already saw how having Hunt on the team effected Chubbs ff production last season,  good luck with your draft, or is it good skill. 

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Ok, thank you.  

Rb 3 based on work load, it’s going to be a 50/50 split, we already saw how having Hunt on the team effected Chubbs ff production last season,  good luck with your draft, or is it good skill. 

Thanks. 

Yes we did, it only affected his targets in the passing game. His Carries were similar and his snaps were unchanged. Also when you say 50/50 split, what are you referring to, snaps, carries, touches? Not to mention, the only team that ran the ball more than the Vikings last season was the 49ers. Know who the new coach of the Browns is? probably not so I'll tell you, its Kevin Stefansky, the architect of Minny's offense last year. Did you know that offense ran more 21 personnel than any other team? Don't know what 21 personnel is? No problem, FF is all luck you don't need to know anything about actual football, let alone watch the games. Instead one can just say or make up anything like RB3 and 50/50 split. Never mind, it has no basis in reality, it's all luck anyway, where a 9 year old girl in china has the same chance of beating a 30 year fantasy veteran... class dismissed.... 

Week 13: Chubb 16 carries, 2 targets 1 reception/ Hunt 7 carries, 5 targets 5 receptions

Week 14: Chubb 15 carries, 1 target 1 reception/ Hunt 9 carries, 2 targets 2 receptions

Week 15: Chubb 17 carries, 3 targets 3 receptions/ Hunt 4 carries, 9 targets 8 receptions

Week 16: Chubb 15 carries, 1 target 0 receptions/ Hunt 2 carries, 4 targets 4 receptions

Week 17: Chubb 13 carries, 2 targets 1 reception/ Hunt 3 carries, 4 targets 3 receptions

This would be my guess as the season starts.   Chubb gets 15 - 18 carries and a pass or two thrown his way, and Hunt will spell Chubb on some running plays and have more role in the passing game plan.  As the season wears on injury or performance could cause an adjustment in the workload for either player.  I think there are a lot of better RBs to target as your 1 or 2 based on workload alone and for that reason I avoided both players.

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Yes we did, it only affected his targets in the passing game. His Carries were similar and his snaps were unchanged. Also when you say 50/50 split, what are you referring to, snaps, carries, touches? Not to mention, the only team that ran the ball more than the Vikings last season was the 49ers. Know who the new coach of the Browns is? probably not so I'll tell you, its Kevin Stefansky, the architect of Minny's offense last year. Did you know that offense ran more 21 personnel than any other team? Don't know what 21 personnel is? No problem, FF is all luck you don't need to know anything about actual football, let alone watch the games. Instead one can just say or make up anything like RB3 and 50/50 split. Never mind, it has no basis in reality, it's all luck anyway, where a 9 year old girl in china has the same chance of beating a 30 year fantasy veteran... class dismissed.... 

Chubb was consistently getting 20 carries per game prior to week 13, and had highs of 27 in week 11 and 23 in week 3.  Since you're a Cleveland homer, what changed to reduce his workload as the season progressed?

They lost 4 of the last 5 games. Chubb is a workhorse, run the clock RB, When Cle is ahead he was getting more carries. Before Kareem came back the backup RB was some scrub named Dontrell Hilliard, who was just cut. So those massive carries were a combo of being in the lead or close and having a scrub as the competition. Hunt def affects Chubb's value, but more like from top 5 RB to low end RB1/Hi end RB2. Also for the record I'm not a Browns homer, I'm a life long NY Football Giants fan. I just live in Cleveland, and thus consume the local media...

Hunt was just getting back last year.

You don't pay a RB 6 million dollars a year and not play him.   They will play 50/50 with Chubb getting more carries but Hunt getting more receptions.

Sometimes the truth hurts but if you are the Browns fan, it's nothing new.  Stupid is stupid does.

Not a Browns fan, but if you care to make it interesting, I’m willing, doubt you have the conviction. Now does that truth hurt? For the record, Hunt getting more receptions with Chubb getting more carries already was the case last season. It still wasn’t a 50/50 split in touches or snaps, just like it won’t be this year...

Hunt will be more involved compared to last year. I figured he was just getting warmed up and now he’s going to be the better back to own of the two in PPR. Chubb is going to have some very good games but TD dependence made him DND in 2nd round for me

17 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Not a Browns fan, but if you care to make it interesting, I’m willing, doubt you have the conviction. Now does that truth hurt? For the record, Hunt getting more receptions with Chubb getting more carries already was the case last season. It still wasn’t a 50/50 split in touches or snaps, just like it won’t be this year...

No one knows until the season is over.

Last 5 games of the year.

Chubb avg 16 touches

Hunt avg 9.8 touches.

That's a 62/38 touch split.

Let's revisit this thread after 8 games.

Nope either we make a wager before, when it matters, or I will lose interest 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Lol ok.  

There is no way Hunt will avg only 5 rush att per game, he’ll double that or even more so. 

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Yes we did, it only affected his targets in the passing game. His Carries were similar and his snaps were unchanged.

Wrong wrong wrong.

Chubb's weekly touches.  Check out what happened AFTER Hunt returned  on week 12.

Wk Touches
1    20
2    22
3    27
4    23
5    17
6    25
7    26
8    24
9    22
10    27
11    24
12    17
13    16
14    20
15    15
16    14

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

There is no way Hunt will avg only 5 rush att per game, he’ll double that or even more so. 

Yup.

Hunt will get 8-9 carries a game and 5 receptions.

Chubb will drop to 13-14 carries and 1 receptions.

The argument over snaps, carries, touches and receptions is amusing and all, but this is about fantasy points scored.

Last season, in Weeks 1-9, Nick Chubb was RB5 on a points-per-game basis (18.93).

Last season, in Weeks 10-17, Chubb was RB23 on a points-per-game basis (12.97).

Last season, in Weeks 10-17, Kareem Hunt was RB24 on a points-per-game basis (12.67).

Chubb owners can whistle past the graveyard if they want, but the data history shows they're probly getting a low-end RB2 with their early 2nd round pick.

Lack of snaps and carries, touches is the reason we see a drop in ff production. 

Its pretty simple.  

Even someone that doesn’t watch the game, can see that.  

2 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Yup.

Hunt will get 8-9 carries a game and 5 receptions.

Chubb will drop to 13-14 carries and 1 receptions.

Than put your money where your mouth is, don’t write a check your butt can’t cash... I don’t think any of you have the slightest clue how Stefansky runs his offense. The only way chubb is getting 13-14 carries is if the Brownies are getting blown out. Learn the game...

30 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Than put your money where your mouth is, don’t write a check your butt can’t cash... I don’t think any of you have the slightest clue how Stefansky runs his offense. The only way chubb is getting 13-14 carries is if the Brownies are getting blown out. Learn the game...

so you mean like week 1? :lol:

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

You just answered it.  The Browns will get blown out most weeks this year.

On 9/8/2020 at 1:42 PM, Phil Simms 11 said:

They’re moving on from Chubb after this season. Will spend money elsewhere, can’t invest in 2 RBs

Its hard to say what they want to do.

I will agree, they cant invest in 2 RB's.

so come renewal time for Chubb, one of these two RB's will need to go.

If Chubb signs a reasonable deal, they maybe trade Hunt.   If Chubb asks for a lot of cash, they trade him and keep Hunt.

it really comes down to this.

There is also the possibility that there is more going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of.

I honestly thought Hunt would have been traded by now to an RB needy team.   The fact he is there still likely means Chubb isnt as secure in his job as we all think.

23 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Its hard to say what they want to do.

I will agree, they cant invest in 2 RB's.

so come renewal time for Chubb, one of these two RB's will need to go.

If Chubb signs a reasonable deal, they maybe trade Hunt.   If Chubb asks for a lot of cash, they trade him and keep Hunt.

it really comes down to this.

There is also the possibility that there is more going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of.

I honestly thought Hunt would have been traded by now to an RB needy team.   The fact he is there still likely means Chubb isnt as secure in his job as we all think.

I agree with you Ray,  I thought Hunt wasn’t going to be with the Browns this season, and now he has a new deal. 

He’s going to be used a lot. 

1 hour ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

You just answered it.  The Browns will get blown out most weeks this year.

I doubt it, but at least that follows a line of logic, as opposed to the pure nonsense you were serving up earlier. Regardless, I draft tonight and am much more likely to get Hunt then Chubb because of my draft position, so if you are correct it will be better for my team. 

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I doubt it, but at least that follows a line of logic, as opposed to the pure nonsense you were serving up earlier. Regardless, I draft tonight and am much more likely to get Hunt then Chubb because of my draft position, so if you are correct it will be better for my team. 

I think it’s morw of the fact you woke up and know that Hunt is the better value.  

Lol. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I think it’s morw of the fact you woke up and know that Hunt is the better value.  

Lol. 

Thanks. 

No it was as I said.Chubb went 16th overall and I took Hunt with the first pick in the 5th rd. If Chubb had slipped to pick 24 I would’ve snatched him up immediately. Regardless, I hope your ridiculous commentary proves correct...

5 hours ago, jrokh said:

Ok Clint.

8 minutes ago, Donkey said:

Ok Clint.

Nice, was wondering if anyone would get the reference.  I always try and channel my inner nikki kaat in this forearm... 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

No it was as I said.Chubb went 16th overall and I took Hunt with the first pick in the 5th rd. If Chubb had slipped to pick 24 I would’ve snatched him up immediately. Regardless, I hope your ridiculous commentary proves correct...

So you passed on him with your first pick, and would have taken him if the Chubb had slipped to pick 24, so like everyone else, you didn’t see him as a rb1 , but as a low rb2.  

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

So you passed on him with your first pick, and would have taken him if the Chubb had slipped to pick 24, so like everyone else, you didn’t see him as a rb1 , but as a low rb2.  

Good one...

19 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Good one...

Barkley?m