Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Browns sign Hunt to 2-yr extenstion

@jrokh logic:

Tampa give Fournette a 1 yr / $2M deal, that means Tampa doesn't like Jones and Fournette will become the starter.

also @jrokh logic:

Browns give Kareem Hunt a 2 yr / $13.25M contract, but the yet, he won't even get 50% of the teams touches.

:dunno:

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

@jrokh logic:

Tampa give Fournette a 1 yr / $2M deal, that means Tampa doesn't like Jones and Fournette will become the starter.

also @jrokh logic:

Browns give Kareem Hunt a 2 yr / $13.25M contract, but the yet, he won't even get 50% of the teams touches.

:dunno:

You are misrepresenting my comment on the first point. I will repeat for the confused. A team that spends a significant draft pick, and brings in a former top 5 pick, both at RB, has shaky confidence in the incumbent starter. That is what I said. How it plays out will be interesting. The money payed to Fournette is irrelevant. If he’s better he will be the guy. As for the second point, Not sure what The money has to do with this season. Chubb will get the same amount of touches regardless of Hunt’s contract extension. Now, I actually hope that I am wrong on both counts as Hunt is my RB3/Flex and RJ is my RB5. HTH, but I doubt it will....

If Hunt wasn't a moron off the field he would have a ring, play with the best QB in the NFL on the best offense, and probably have a much fatter wallet.  That being said I think Cleveland realizes what they have and are holding on while they still have some leverage.  Hunt is one of the most talented RB's in the NFL, not a backup.  Most of this is my opinion, yes, but I know talent when I see it.  Chubb is an excellent RB for sure but maybe more one dimensional.  Hunt looks like more of a 3 down back to me.

On 9/10/2020 at 7:30 AM, jrokh said:

You are misrepresenting my comment on the first point. I will repeat for the confused. A team that spends a significant draft pick, and brings in a former top 5 pick, both at RB, has shaky confidence in the incumbent starter. That is what I said. How it plays out will be interesting. The money payed to Fournette is irrelevant. If he’s better he will be the guy. As for the second point, Not sure what The money has to do with this season. Chubb will get the same amount of touches regardless of Hunt’s contract extension. Now, I actually hope that I am wrong on both counts as Hunt is my RB3/Flex and RJ is my RB5. HTH, but I doubt it will....

well, money isnt everything, but if you open the bank vault for a player, usually its a sign you intend to give him significant playing time.

2 m to Fournette means very little.  but if they spent 8 mil on him, I'd say hes their new starter simply because you dont pay that kind of money to someone who wont be a starter.

that's plain and simple.

Money shouldnt matter, but often it does.   thats the truth of the matter.

That was interesting, I didn’t think Hunt would post more rush att also.  

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well, money isnt everything, but if you open the bank vault for a player, usually its a sign you intend to give him significant playing time.

2 m to Fournette means very little.  but if they spent 8 mil on him, I'd say hes their new starter simply because you dont pay that kind of money to someone who wont be a starter.

that's plain and simple.

Money shouldnt matter, but often it does.   thats the truth of the matter.

Only 8 million is guaranteed, and if he gets suspended again he gets bupkus. Low risk for the Browns, and irrelevant to the discussion...

1 hour ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

After game one.

Hunt with 17 to touches

chubb with 11 touches

ouch!

Money. 

On 9/13/2020 at 8:19 PM, weepaws said:

Money. 

I dont know its truly for money reasons.

I felt Hunt was the better  back all along.  only reason they got him is because he was cheap due to the fact he had an off field issue resulting in suspension.

If hunt hadnt Effed up, he'd still be in KC and have a superbowl ring and be gearing up for a large payday.

Either way, the team will need to decide who will be their main man at some point.   in the interim, Im sure they are happy to sit on the fence and let both produce well for them at a reasonable price.

On 9/13/2020 at 4:24 PM, jrokh said:

Only 8 million is guaranteed, and if he gets suspended again he gets bupkus. Low risk for the Browns, and irrelevant to the discussion...

Fournette is only getting 2 M.  I think it was a one year (prove it) deal.

25 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Fournette is only getting 2 M.  I think it was a one year (prove it) deal.

Fournette couldn’t even garner a 7th rd pick. In other words jax literally couldn’t give him away. He’s lucky he got 2 million. Still with Hunt, 2 years 8 million  guaranteed is not a prohibitive deal, and certainly won’t influence the Brownies to play him more. If the Browns keep their games close Chubb will still be the likely touch leader, as we shall see on Thursday. Unless of course the Bengals blow them out, but if that happens they will have much bigger problems than how to allocate the RB touches...

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I dont know its truly for money reasons.

I felt Hunt was the better  back all along.  only reason they got him is because he was cheap due to the fact he had an off field issue resulting in suspension.

If hunt hadnt Effed up, he'd still be in KC and have a superbowl ring and be gearing up for a large payday.

Either way, the team will need to decide who will be their main man at some point.   in the interim, Im sure they are happy to sit on the fence and let both produce well for them at a reasonable price.

Ray look at my post please, that wasn’t about contracts, I was telling skinny money for his prediction.  

Sorry that threw you off. 

I am feeling the pull to start Hunt tonight as a flex type.  May have better options on paper but feel like Hunt could outproduce expectations this week.  Anyone starting him with confidence?  And maybe over better names on paper?

12 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I am feeling the pull to start Hunt tonight as a flex type.  May have better options on paper but feel like Hunt could outproduce expectations this week.  Anyone starting him with confidence?  And maybe over better names on paper?

I am starting him with apprehension at the flex half ppr. Wish I had confidence, but it feels like a Chubb game. Ronald Jones is my other option. GL

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

I am starting him with apprehension at the flex half ppr. Wish I had confidence, but it feels like a Chubb game. Ronald Jones is my other option. GL

Hunt is a quality start, but with the day that Josh Jacobs had against the Panthers, I would think you would be drooling over starting Jones this weekend.

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Hunt is a quality start, but with the day that Josh Jacobs had against the Panthers, I would think you would be drooling over starting Jones this weekend.

I am conflicted 

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

I am conflicted 

Well, playing on Thursday is usually a (negative) tie-breaker.

Don’t be drooling about starting R Jones, Fournette is going to get the ball more this weekend, and if Godwin is out, I think he’ll reach 18 plus rush att.  

Dano. 

14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Don’t be drooling about starting R Jones, Fournette is going to get the ball more this weekend, and if Godwin is out, I think he’ll reach 18 plus rush att.  

Dano. 

You think Fournette is going to have 18 plus rush attempts????????????????????????????????????

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

OMG; you can retire now--you have hit the pinnacle of absurdity.

20 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You think Fournette is going to have 18 plus rush attempts????????????????????????????????????

Don’t use God’s name in vain. 

And what does Bah stand for? 

Thanks. 

46 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Don’t use God’s name in vain. 

Could you please quote my post and highlight the name of God in it?

14 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Could you please quote my post and highlight the name of God in it?

Typically, "OMG" stands for "Oh My God".  Technically, that would be it.

38 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I’m making a ruling right now. “OMG” is not “taking the lords name in vain.”. 

One would be wrong.  

Your making a ruling, oh my soul.  

7 minutes ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

Ugh.  Shoulda started him.  Cincinnati defense is bad

Thank the lord for that TD, bc he’s barely on the field so far. Hopefully in the 2nd half they’ll lean on him to spell Chubb with a big lead. 

On 9/15/2020 at 4:03 PM, jrokh said:

Fournette couldn’t even garner a 7th rd pick. In other words jax literally couldn’t give him away.

Why are people so easily misinformed? To be fair, I heard this said by professional analysts as well. The Jags could not get a draft pick, could not get anything for Fournette, not because he doesn't have value that other teams would want to pay, but that no team wanted to be saddled with his $4M contract. Once that was voided when he cleared waivers (where had he been claimed it would be honored by the claiming team), the market for his services was decent to good. He had options. And quickly. It wasn't that no one wanted him, that no one was willing to give the Jags anything, it was that no one wanted to pay him $4M, a relative high price for a RB.

So, it wasn't at all that the Jags "couldn't give him away." Let's try not to be so dense.

7 minutes ago, Law said:

it was that no one wanted to pay him $4M, a relative high price for a RB.

A 1 year, $4.1M contract (what was left on Fournette's rookie contract) isn't an extravagant price to pay for a starter-quality RB who can come in and assume the lead RB duties.  But $4.1M is indeed a high price for a backup-quality RB.

Clue.

I realize you enjoy playing the role of Fool, but how many NFL teams felt they needed a "starter" in August? Most think they had a starter or high pick rookie in the wings. The market for a starting RB in August is not strong.

And so as not to force you to think too much, the teams that likely needed a starting RB were: Jax, Mia, NE, TB, and Wash. The rest either had a guy they saw as their starter or a high rookie.

Clue.

13 minutes ago, Law said:

Why are people so easily misinformed? To be fair, I heard this said by professional analysts as well. The Jags could not get a draft pick, could not get anything for Fournette, not because he doesn't have value that other teams would want to pay, but that no team wanted to be saddled with his $4M contract. Once that was voided when he cleared waivers (where had he been claimed it would be honored by the claiming team), the market for his services was decent to good. He had options. And quickly. It wasn't that no one wanted him, that no one was willing to give the Jags anything, it was that no one wanted to pay him $4M, a relative high price for a RB.

So, it wasn't at all that the Jags "couldn't give him away." Let's try not to be so dense.

1 year 4 million? That’s not that big a deal for a starting rb. Obviously, no team thought of him as such. Your projection of being dense is duly noted...

1 minute ago, jrokh said:

I surrender. You are determined to be stupid. Good luck with that. You'll be excellent!

2 minutes ago, Law said:

I realize you enjoy playing the role of Fool, but how many NFL teams felt they needed a "starter" in August? Most think they had a starter or high pick rookie in the wings. The market for a starting RB in August is not strong.

And so as not to force you to think too much, the teams that likely needed a starting RB were: Jax, Mia, NE, TB, and Wash. The rest either had a guy they saw as their starter or a high rookie.

Clue.

If you were to go by Fournette's production, only 5 teams in the NFL had a RB who posted more yards from scrimmage than Fournette did in 2019.  So you're saying that 26 NFL teams passed on a RB that was better than their starter, because of a $4.1M rookie deal with 1 year left on it?

There's more going on here than a prohibitive contract.

Just now, Law said:

I surrender. You are determined to be stupid. Good luck with that. You'll be excellent!

Breakin the Law, Breakin the law🤘

13 hours ago, Jarvis Basnight said:

I'm an idiot for not going with my gut 

7 hours ago, AxeElf said:

AxeElf nails it again:first: